Cultural Armor Skins missing! -Wardrobe

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fubarsum.9768

Fubarsum.9768

Hello
I have a slight issue and i wonder if anyone else has experienced it. simply put:
Before the Wardrobe update i had Protector’s Armor (T3 human heavy) on my Guardian. Once i learned of the wardrobe, i transmuted that armor’s stats onto Phalanx Armor, seeing as i would receive both sets in my wardrobe upon release. the update came and went, and then i noticed: no Protector’s Armor!! (instead, i found Heavy Plate skins in my wardrobe). I scoured the knowledge bade and forums to see if it was simply a bug or something amiss i needed to fix, but nothing was found. so i sent in a ticket to support asking for details, seeing as it seemed that normally i should have gotten the most recent skin item AND recent stat item in my wardrobe.

all i’ve gotten from support is links to their knowledge base (which clearly indicates that i SHOULD have gotten my T3 armor, not some random common skin instead).

usually i would not mind so much but the fact that it was 109 gold just gone in the wind makes it sort of important to me. requests for manually adding the skin to my wardrobe, refunding the gold or refunding in gems have all failed.

anyone?

applies face to floor

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Honestly it really sounds like you transmuted the stats to a different skin, correct?

Which means you destroyed that skin in the process to move the T3 stats (which are Rare stats what the heck were you thinking).

I just don’t get the logic of destroying the skin pre-patch like that. The skin is what goes into the wardrobe, not the stats.

What you described honestly sounds like you simply didn’t understand the way the wardrobe was going to work.

If I were Anet Customer Service I would just look at the Phalanx Armor you have, check the stats, it should still have the T3 name since for some reason weapon/armor names are stat based instead of skin-based. That would be enough proof for me.

Odds are they won’t put that effort into it.

Replacing 109g, while seemingly an undertaking, isn’t difficult if you are actually working towards it. Just start hitting up dungeon paths every day. That will be the cost of making the mistake.

Sorry, bud, tis a shame indeed.

If it makes you feel any better, I bought T2 sets for all of the races for achievement purposes, didn’t have room in my bank to store them so I destroyed them. Now I have to buy them all over again to unlock the skins =( Pretty sure that will add up to about the same.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: huggie.3629

huggie.3629

Greetings,

I have just returned to the game and am having a similar situation. Upon reaching max level before the Wardrobe system was released, I crafted a set of Draconic Heavy armor and with the gold i had acquired though purchasing gems and game play, I then bought a set of the Norn Stag Heavy armor Cultural Lv.3. I Equipped the Draconic Knights armor set and used a set of Transmutation stones so I could have the Stats of the Draconic Knights armor with the Look of the Heavy Stag armor. After Re-acquainting myself with all the changes in the game i noticed that my Stag armor is now showing in the Wardrobe collection. I tried Right clicking on the armor and its grayed out. Am i doing something incorrect? I would be very upset if i am out of this armor. It is by far my favorite armor style.

Thanks for the help in advance.

(edited by huggie.3629)

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

You have to go to the Wardrobe sub-tab (under the Top Player Main tab), click on the item slot, and the list of available skins shows on the left.

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Greetings,

I have just returned to the game and am having a similar situation. Upon reaching max level before the Wardrobe system was released, I crafted a set of Draconic Heavy armor and with the gold i had acquired though purchasing gems and game play, I then bought a set of the Norn Stag Heavy armor Cultural Lv.3. I Equipped the Draconic Knights armor set and used a set of Transmutation stones so I could have the Stats of the Draconic Knights armor with the Look of the Heavy Stag armor. After Re-acquainting myself with all the changes in the game i noticed that my Stag armor is now showing in the Wardrobe collection. I tried Right clicking on the armor and its grayed out. Am i doing something incorrect? I would be very upset if i am out of this armor. It is by far my favorite armor style.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Make sure you are trying to use it (or preview) on a Norn character.