Cultural Armor price

Cultural Armor price

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

Is it reasonable? How many have you seen running around with full set or just few pieces? I like the look of it, but the price seems really daunting.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I wish I could look like a real plant, but it’s also nice to have several kinds of prestige armor that have nothing to do with dungeons.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Pict.5472

Pict.5472

Is it reasonable? How many have you seen running around with full set or just few pieces? I like the look of it, but the price seems really daunting.

The prices are absurd. If you want it, better get that credit card out.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Hostar.1390

Hostar.1390

Don’t know about other factions but no way would I ever consider dropping 100g for the Asura stuff.. needs work done to it before people will do that.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

Or… you know… save up for it over a period of time. But no, the game has been out almost a month so by golly ANet should just give it to everyone!

The price is there to keep it as a unique skin that not everyone is going to be carrying around. If you’re dedicated and really want that look then save up. Unless you’re really, really, really bad with saving gold or making any then you should have it within a month or two. Or, you can be stupid and buy several hundred dollars of gems to sell and get it asap, your choice.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I haven’t seen anyone wearing it. I attribute it to a combination of price and not looking so hot.
So if someone wanted to look different than everyone else, and had lots of money, and didn’t mind looking not so cool, then it’s there.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Athens.6125

Athens.6125

At level 62, I finally had the gold to buy the complete t2 set minus the boots. I did however choose the t2 set over the grandmaster training manual. Still working on the funds to buy the boots. TBH, half of that gold came from a lucky exotic weapon drop I was able to sell.

The only way I could ever see anyone buying these sets on level is to vendor everything without crafting. RMT companies look very inviting. Can’t wait for gem => gold prices to come up.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Pict.5472

Pict.5472

Or… you know… save up for it over a period of time. But no, the game has been out almost a month so by golly ANet should just give it to everyone!

Save up for the lvl 35 stuff over time,when in a few levels its replaced by questing gear ?

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I was severely disappointed that none of the Cultural sets were actually max armor.

For non-max armor, I find the level 80 versions to be grossly overpriced.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

non-max stats, and far from the best looks in the game…personally I’d say most of them dont look good AT ALL, but of course ymmv

overpriced crap is overpriced nonetheless

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: hostyle.3027

hostyle.3027

I saved up 30g for the human chest. The only good looking chest I could find without farming a dungeon for days. If you can farm up 30g once, you can do it again. Its only virtual gold and means nothing.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Because game is out for one month and you should have everything ASAP….

WoW ruinned people. I blame WotlK for that.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

If it was cheap then everyone would have it. That would be worse.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

There should be enough good looking armor sets in the game that how you look is a choice, not a time investment. I think the tier 3 set especially is outlandish. It looks good, so it makes me wonder why the tier 1 and 2 sets generally look terrible most of the time. I guess to encourage people to grind for tier 3?

Really, I imagine the only people to have tier 3 are going to be either people who exploited the TP or scammers. After a year I’m sure many of us will have a set, making the whole argument that the price makes them unique completely irrelevant.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Prices are fine. You don’t need to buy gems to afford it.

The game is new. The economy is still fresh.

Over time, people will have the gold needed to purchase these items like it was chump change. Level 44... already made almost 20 gold doing in game activities. Blew said gold on both trainer manuals + Abyss dye + white dyes and other things I wanted. Already sitting on 5 gold again.

There are multiple ways to make gold. Give it time and you’ll be looking back on threads like these, laughing.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Because game is out for one month and you should have everything ASAP….

WoW ruinned people. I blame WotlK for that.

Wotlk was awesome though, Cata is a better example imo. People weren’t facerolling the main boss of the expansion and getting raid geared in a couple days during Wotlk, that I remember anyway. You can literally afk in raid finder and watch a movie lol.

I think the stat’s need to be removed on cultural armor. They make people think that it’s supposed to be end game gear to actually wear when it’s not. They are purely for transmuting, unless you can actually afford them at the appropriate levels and even then they will get replaced quite fast.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Gareth Porlest.7209

Gareth Porlest.7209

Sin you can’t use gold to buy most of these prestigious armors. So after you get exotic weapons/armor gold is pretty much useless in this game.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Drudenfusz.2971

Drudenfusz.2971

I looked once how much they cost and decided it’s not worth it.

Gwenya Drudenfusz [Boon], Norn Mesmer on Desolation

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

Speaking in base terms it’s really, really overpriced. The economy is going to have to inflate pretty heavily before it’s reasonable to afford. Going by Gems to Gold conversion, a full set is about $500 USD. If you were to buy that gold illicitly, it’s still about $250 USD. The peak price of Obsidian in GW1 was about $100 USD.

I’m saving up for Tier 3 human cultural, but I’m going to put the money into commodities and wait because either the currency is going to eventually inflate (Anet’s trying really hard to make it not to with all the gold sinks, but right now it NEEDS to happen) or Anet is going to nerf the price, OR they’re going to change the stats to match level 80 exotics.

One of those 3 things needs to change because right now it’s pretty ridiculous.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

I bought sylvari cultural tier 2 for my necro as soon as I became 60. I was thinking of mixing it with tier 1 at first to reduce the cost, but then I realized it wasn’t really that expensive afterall so the only thing I didn’t buy was the hat and shoulder.

shoulder are invisible on it anyway so anything else do the work. and I use the default necro face mask look that I transmute into better stated outfit as I level up

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I’m at 10 gold right now, the game has been out for 3 weeks or so? It’s not absurd at all.

That armor is for 4+ months from now.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

They are rather expensive for just rares. If they were exotic, sure I would understand. But for just being rares, not even max armor, then they are overpriced.

I know people are going to say they are cosmetic and meant to be hard to get, but they have stats. If they were just cosmetic, they would just be skins. They wouldn’t have stats on them. So to me, they are regular gear. Way overpriced non-max regular gear.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I doubt I would spend 30g on one piece just for the costume. 5g maybe but mot 30

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

They are used with transmutation stones! The idea is that you get some really nice stats on some armor and then you transmute the cultural armor with the stats….

It’s not supposed to be an “easy” thing to do…

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

As Griffy said, the cultural armor is there for looks. It’s not the best gear, not exotic or legendary. If you want to represent your race then you save up for it. Just because you can’t get a full set of T3 in a months time, well several people can already, doesn’t mean it’s too expensive or hard to get. The time investment in getting the full set is still NOTHING compared to getting endgame sets in GW1. If you don’t like the look or think it’s to expensive to warrent the cost/time, then go after domething else. There are dozens of different skins for you to go after.

Cultural Armor price

Haishao.6851

They are rather expensive for just rares. If they were exotic, sure I would understand. But for just being rares, not even max armor, then they are overpriced.

I know people are going to say they are cosmetic and meant to be hard to get, but they have stats. If they were just cosmetic, they would just be skins. They wouldn’t have stats on them. So to me, they are regular gear. Way overpriced non-max regular gear.

But even with stats they are not regular armor. They are armor style that you cannot get anywhere else. Not only that, but they are also restricted to your race. So they are nothing like regular armor. The stats are only a bonus since maybe you wont need to transmute them right away. You get cultural armor for the look only. There’s no other reason to buy cultural armor than for their look. If I wanted the stats instead of the look I would have spent 40 silver on TP instead of 6 gold on npc.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

But even with stats they are not regular armor. They are armor style that you cannot get anywhere else. Not only that, but they are also restricted to your race. So they are nothing like regular armor. The stats are only a bonus since maybe you wont need to transmute them right away. You get cultural armor for the look only. There’s no other reason to buy cultural armor than for their look. If I wanted the stats instead of the look I would have spent 40 silver on TP instead of 6 gold on npc.

You could use that same argument with Vigil armor as well. They have stats, you can’t get them anywhere else, and they are restricted to members of the Vigil only. They are nothing like regular armor. Yet they are way cheaper than Cultural Armor.

If we wanted to use your version, then people buy Vigil armor for the look as well, not the stats. Yet it is much cheaper than Cultural armor that has similar restrictions. So why is Cultural armor over 100+ gold, when Vigil armor is only around 7 gold?

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

I like it for most of my characters, but it’s too kitten expensive.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Sigilbeckons.4573

Sigilbeckons.4573

If you aren’t crafting it’s more than reasonable to have enough saved by 60 for Tier 2 Cultural Armor (I did it). Also don’t forget if you want the look on alts that may not have the level (ie you want starter leafy armor for Sylvari) you can send them money from a higher level alt and than just transmorph the look onto lower armor. It burns the armor, but if the looks more important chances are you won’t have been in the Tier 1 stated armor for long anyway.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

Best way to make gold?
Make sure you have gathering tools equipped and gather every resource you can find.
Sell it all on the trading post.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Arcturus.5846

Arcturus.5846

They would be worth it if they were exotic with max stats armor similar to the gods kharma gears but theyre not. I honestly don’t understand the reasoning behind this. The 15k armors in GW1 at least had decent stats.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

I’m lucky because I preferred the look of the tier 1 Norn light armour over the tier 2/3 pieces, so it wasn’t a horrible cost for me.

The final tier pieces seriously need to be made Exotic, and not appear as it’s designed to sell gems (for the high grade Transmutation stones, provided you don’t get lucky with opening Black Lion chests).

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

80 culturals costing around 100g and they are not even exotic…reeeaallllllyyyyyy???

Cultural Armor price

Haishao.6851

So why is Cultural armor over 100+ gold, when Vigil armor is only around 7 gold?

So that people still have cheap armor they can buy instead of crying that certain armor are too expensive for them? Because they are not created for particular races and are more in line with normal armor? Because they are part of you solo personal story and not high cost end game outfit for people who want to put the time getting it?

Yes cultural armor are more expensive than other armor. But they are still so cheap that you can get them in under a month instead of a years like they really should.

People do enjoy amassing money to get these expensive armor. Maybe you don’t and That’s your right. This is why there are less expensive stuff like vigil armor, or tier 1 and 2 cultural armor which are about 3 and 6 gold respectively.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Norn medium tier 2 rocks o.O

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: ounkeo.9138

ounkeo.9138

The price is there to keep it as a unique skin that not everyone is going to be carrying around. If you’re dedicated and really want that look then save up. Unless you’re really, really, really bad with saving gold or making any then you should have it within a month or two. Or, you can be stupid and buy several hundred dollars of gems to sell and get it asap, your choice.

having problems posting this. the short of it is this.

That armor set skin costs $500 USD in exchange rates. For an average player on hardcore DE farming status, it will take him something like 3,700 hours to earn that, doing absolutely nothing but farming DE and paying for nothing except travel and repairs.

The game was designed to take more gold out than gold can come into the economy by limiting the avenues you can earn gold. It’s quite clear the intention is for players to be so desperate for gold that they turn to the trading company and buy gems for conversion.

Otherwise, there is no other explanation for the way it was designed this way and why an armor skin is currently priced at $500 real life dollars.

(edited by ounkeo.9138)

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Medium armour looks so bad.

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

Oh well, I gave in to the temptation and put my gold in for Human T3 shoulders. I know the price is ridiculous but it’s kind of the armor that I’ve been looking to get since the first BWE. Off to get wealth for the chest piece next…

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think they intend for them to be alt armors. Unless you spent money on gems or played the trading post, it’s not viable to be able to afford the first two tiers of armour when you are that level (nor would it be a good investment anyway, seeing as you will outlevel it quickly). Mostly I think these armours are transmutation fodder. I’ve only seen one person with tier 3 (or pieces of it) but I’ve seen a few level 80 people running around with tier 2 (obviously transmuted).

Cultural Armor price

Posted by: Feycat.4370

Feycat.4370

I haven’t seen anyone wearing it. I attribute it to a combination of price and not looking so hot.
So if someone wanted to look different than everyone else, and had lots of money, and didn’t mind looking not so cool, then it’s there.

I’ve been wearing the level 35 stuff since 35, on my main/first 35 character. It was absurdly important to me that my Sylvari actually look like a Sylvari, not dressed up in human-fashion rags. It cost about 3g, and I haven’t bought any gold from Anet or anyone else – in fact, I’ve bought quite a few gems with in-game silver, for bank and character slots.

I transmute it every 10 levels or so. Since we get transmutation stones so frequently for 100%ing zones and for story quests, it’s worked out just fine.

I plan on buying cultural armor for my alts as well, since I think it’s some of the best-looking armor in the game, but most of them will have to wait a bit, since I’m not a fan of the T1 norn leather/heavy or the T1 human cloth, which is what my 30 characters are looking at in the next 5. For the most part, I’ll want T2 for them, supplemented by some dropped armor.

Game enjoyment increases as time spent on the forums decreases.