[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Beckie.3580

Beckie.3580

this is the worst decision that anet has made thus far. I can’t believe what went through their heads when they decided to make a TIER 3 cultural armor available to all races. this is wrong on so many levels. some guy on reddit described it very well;
“Let’s review;
Recycling skins = bad
Recycling skins for profit = really bad
Recycling cultural skins = stupidly bad
Recycling cultural skins for profit = seriously kittening bad
Recycling cultural skins for profit while improving on the overall design quality of said skins = super seriously kittenin terri-bad”
I can honestly say that ive lost a lot of respect and faith in Anet. It seems lazy and as if they didn’t consider the players opinion AT ALL. could they not foresee this? really? just.. wtf. It’s like they didn’t even think about it, they just took some random armor and threw fire particles on it to make some quick money on the new patch.

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Magus (T3 charr light)

U can take it anytime anyday. Its looks like a piece of kitten on charr that doesnt even have a hole for tail and removes hairs..In “cultural armor”. I always been saying that this armor was designed for humans and stretched to charr, now im sure it is and that other races will be looking much better in it than charr does. Theres a reason why no charr that has light class runs in t3.

I do sympathize with Charr when it comes with armor quality, you guys really got the short end of the stick when it came to most non-heavy armor skins. But this is all subjective I suppose.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i kinda am used to have something popular being given away to others when perplexity runes made warriors and engis get higher stacks of confusion than my mesmer and even did more dmg than we ever did. now all the other races get the same armor like my human. thank god i changed my armor around when phoenix came out. oh well… i want access to all the othe t3 light armor cultural then sylvari could look interesting. :-)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

“This armor addition was objectively wrong because it makes me feel cheated.” The reality is no one was cheated. The armor looks similar but it’s not the same. No ‘prestige’ was lost, if it ever existed, because it’s still clear which of these is the human cultural and which is the gem store armor. This is a logical argument.

I would be 100% agree with you if this was World of Warcraft. But its not.

This game is based on skins, nothing else. For a game like this, you argument is as logical as Data from star trek can be logical, failing to see the true meaning of some things, even as stupid as virtual costumes.

You seem to have confused GW2 with a horizontal progression game where unique and exclusive skins are in themselves the BiS max gear. However this game is no longer a horizontal progression game, but a standard and traditional vertical progression game just like WoW or LotRO …. and as such, this game is now about grinding for max stats, not skins. So if you want to be unique and have gear that’s considered prestigious, be the guy that can ping the most pink/max stat gear.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

The primary goal wasn’t to have a unique look, it was to have a uniquely human look. I bought human T3 light because only humans had access to the armor. I couldn’t care less how many other humans had it too, as long as only humans had it. This humans-only exclusivity is what made this armor valuable to me. That was the point of cultural armor; it was made special not just by its looks but also because only fellow members of your race could have it, and I know I’m not the only one who thinks this way.

If Anet suddenly now believes that everyone should have access to cultural armor regardless of race, why weren’t other races’ T3 armors re-skinned? That human tier 3 light armor is “the best look” is entirely subjective; that it was hitherto human-exclusive is entirely objective.

Again, my primary goal and your primary goal were not the same. I purchased T3 cultural for two reasons. One was because only Sylvari could have it, two was because it is so expensive the majority of Sylvari players don’t even bother, which makes my character look more unique.

Everyone has different motivations. It really is a case of agreeing to disagree. I would still be upset if they made it available on the gemstore but exclusive to Sylvari. Well less upset and more annoyed, but I would still feel it was a poor business practice.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

“This armor addition was objectively wrong because it makes me feel cheated.” The reality is no one was cheated. The armor looks similar but it’s not the same. No ‘prestige’ was lost, if it ever existed, because it’s still clear which of these is the human cultural and which is the gem store armor. This is a logical argument.

This game is based on skins, nothing else. For a game like this, you argument is as logical as Data from star trek can be logical, failing to see the true meaning of some things, even as stupid as virtual costumes.

You seem to have confused GW2 with a horizontal progression game where unique and exclusive skins are in themselves the BiS max gear. However this game is no longer a horizontal progression game, but a standard and traditional vertical progression game just like WoW or LotRO …. and as such, this game is now about grinding for max stats, not skins. So if you want to be unique, be the guy that can ping the most pink/max stat gear.

Ahh but you are confused on what was sold and what was purchased. Horizontal progession is exactly what was sold, but it was a bait and switch. Right from the start Anet changed from their selling lines to a vertical progression Power Creep game.

I am not shocked in the least they have decided to take the appearance progression and make it Pay. They already sold out any standards they previously had, why stop there? They will continue to do what they want the way they want and YOU will just have to deal with it. They have thrown this up in the players faces time and time again. YOU WILL DEAL WITH IT.

Again there will be no official response to this complaint. They made a decision, you will DEAL with it. The only official response you will find in this thread, if any, will be promises to lock the thread.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Again, my primary goal and your primary goal were not the same. I purchased T3 cultural for two reasons. One was because only Sylvari could have it, two was because it is so expensive the majority of Sylvari players don’t even bother, which makes my character look more unique.

Did you intentionally leave out that you wanted the armor because you like the way it looks, or does that really take a back seat to the idea that fewer people will have that armor set?

I guess we’re playing different games, because the most common sets I see are dungeon armor and cultural armor. The suggestion that cultural T3 is too expensive for a lot of people does not have any basis in reality, in my experience. Everyone’s got it, and those who don’t are working on getting it.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Glenstorm.4059

The primary goal wasn’t to have a unique look, it was to have a uniquely human look. I bought human T3 light because only humans had access to the armor. I couldn’t care less how many other humans had it too, as long as only humans had it. This humans-only exclusivity is what made this armor valuable to me. That was the point of cultural armor; it was made special not just by its looks but also because only fellow members of your race could have it, and I know I’m not the only one who thinks this way.

If Anet suddenly now believes that everyone should have access to cultural armor regardless of race, why weren’t other races’ T3 armors re-skinned? That human tier 3 light armor is “the best look” is entirely subjective; that it was hitherto human-exclusive is entirely objective.

Everyone has different motivations. It really is a case of agreeing to disagree. I would still be upset if they made it available on the gemstore but exclusive to Sylvari. Well less upset and more annoyed, but I would still feel it was a poor business practice.

I think we both agree that racial exclusivity was very important in us pursuing our respective races’ cultural armors, right? You just place more importance on other sylvari not being able to afford it, while I don’t care about other humans wearing T3 as long as it’s only humans wearing it.

And I also think we both agree that singling out human light T3 armor to have its racial exclusivity removed was a bad move, right?

Sooo I’m not sure why we’re arguing

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

You seem to have confused GW2 with a horizontal progression game where unique and exclusive skins are in themselves the BiS max gear. However this game is no longer a horizontal progression game, but a standard and traditional vertical progression game just like WoW or LotRO …. and as such, this game is now about grinding for max stats, not skins. So if you want to be unique, be the guy that can ping the most pink/max stat gear.

Ahh but you are confused on what was sold and what was purchased. Horizontal progession is exactly what was sold, but it was a bait and switch. Right from the start Anet changed from their selling lines to a vertical progression Power Creep game.

I am not shocked in the least they have decided to take the appearance progression and make it Pay. They already sold out any standards they previously had, why stop there? They will continue to do what they want the way they want and YOU will just have to deal with it. They have thrown this up in the players faces time and time again. YOU WILL DEAL WITH IT.

Again there will be no official response to this complaint. They made a decision, you will DEAL with it. The only official response you will find in this thread, if any, will be promises to lock the thread.

Oh I am far from confused on this subject matter … read my posts here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Exotic-Vs-Currently-Available-Ascended/page/4

The bottom line is that in a traditional vertical progression game, like GW2, unique skins are not really that important. So it’s perfectly consistent on Anet’s part to offer any and all skins they so desire for easy purchase or access.

BTW, +1 on your post.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: jucca.8219

jucca.8219

Hey!

I’m an asura but I’d like to get my hands on to other cultural armours. Now the cultural armour vendors tell me to bugger off but could I please buy an INFINITE MAGIC JIM token from TP (1200 gems) so I could hustle some of those heavy armours for my ranger.

TY

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Having been reading through all this, my sentiments are along with what Glenstorm has been saying.

Right now, human t3 light looks is technically no longer exclusive to the race. If this is a precedence for things to come, then its likely the very concept of racial/cultural armor will be gone. That for me feels like another loss in the aspect of what Gw2 originally was, or to put it simpler, it feels to me more of a shallower game. This direction towards homogenizing availability of looks to me feels uninspired and shallow and cheap.

As I asked before, somewhere, what next? Making armor class looks universal ?(such as light armor skin design for heavy armor users etc).

Posted by: BeoErgon.9107

BeoErgon.9107

Don’t worry guys, I found the reason for all this:
- They made my human t3 completely outdated and non exclusive
- They put ascended weapons that I can’t afford unless I wait for 6 more months or join the grind wagon
- And now I find that they broke my memser’s iWarden.

They are against me, only me.
I guess that when I leave the game they will stop this bullying and you will find again your beloved game.

Jokes apart, still sad from this decision, but as I wrote before, me too I think that putting the t3 human on gems for all was their clear answer to the questions that are going around for some time now.

Skins in GW2 are not an in game objective.
Stats are.

Welcome to the newest generic MMO.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I guess we should’ve kicked up a bigger fuss or at least seen the warning signs when this appeared.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lord_Taeres%27s_Shadow

Attachments:

Posted by: Midnight.7860

Midnight.7860

Like i said on the french forum, people have been banned for getting this armore on norn characters, using the cash shop stone of transmutation, and the reason was “We want it to be exclusive to human race” and now it’s avaiable for all races. That’s what bugs me here. So Anet ban people for no reason and don’t care if people cheat since they get some $ or € in the process? Really nice.

The game a direction i actually completly hate. All stuff become bound, trade is becoming useless, they are recycling more and more things, maybe it was the goal of removing stuff they put in with living story, recycling it again and again.
More time pass more i fund myself playing to Runes of Magic, and this is awful.

Posted by: yav.4952

yav.4952

Tman.6349 brought this up on a thread on the Black Lion Trading Co Forums and I’d completely forgotten about it but once upon a time people were able to transmute Cultural gear onto whites and wear them on other races. Anet threw a hissy fit and rolled things back.

Boy things have changed.

A rollback may not be completely out of the picture here. Maybe…. hopefully.. But then again gems are involved this time….

I don’t actually mind them recycling (lesser) skins this way, by adding particle effects and so on, but for one of the sets to be a Cultural armor, and T3 at that, is ludicrous. From the looks of things someone over there has royally screwed up with their armor selections.

Ps. if this isn’t fixed, STAY AWAY from my Norn Medium T3. Human scum. Go roll a short norn and pretend to be human if you really want it that badly /flips table

Delayed [LATE] – OCX

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

we all know that human females only buy the t3 light for the bra top.

now all females of any race can have a bra top.

yay for bra tops!?

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

BeoErgon.9107

we all know that human females only buy the t3 light for the bra top.

now all females of any race can have a bra top.

yay for bra tops!?

Bra tops on fire, baby! But well, charr and asura still can’t have one. Poor them.

Posted by: ebrown.8193

ebrown.8193

Not happy. This was definitely a lame move on ANET. I have no clue on how they would even begin to fix this.

GOSU.9574

Like i said on the french forum, people have been banned for getting this armore on norn characters, using the cash shop stone of transmutation, and the reason was “We want it to be exclusive to human race” and now it’s avaiable for all races. That’s what bugs me here. So Anet ban people for no reason and don’t care if people cheat since they get some $ or € in the process? Really nice.

The game a direction i actually completly hate. All stuff become bound, trade is becoming useless, they are recycling more and more things, maybe it was the goal of removing stuff they put in with living story, recycling it again and again.
More time pass more i fund myself playing to Runes of Magic, and this is awful.

You bring up an extremely valid point about the past banning of peeps that transmuted this armor set onto their Norn. Just goes to show hypocrisy follows the cash flow.

I am with you on playing other games til EQN is out, but I have played most other decent games and RoM wasn’t decent

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Gundam Zephyr.6713

Gundam Zephyr.6713

Just grab a few friends and play League of Legends until EQ Landmark comes around.

That’s what I’m tempted to do. The only thing left for me on GW2 is roleplay at this point.

Glenstorm.4059

Tman.6349 brought this up on a thread on the Black Lion Trading Co Forums and I’d completely forgotten about it but once upon a time people were able to transmute Cultural gear onto whites and wear them on other races. Anet threw a hissy fit and rolled things back.

Boy things have changed.

A rollback may not be completely out of the picture here. Maybe…. hopefully.. But then again gems are involved this time….

I don’t actually mind them recycling (lesser) skins this way, by adding particle effects and so on, but for one of the sets to be a Cultural armor, and T3 at that, is ludicrous. From the looks of things someone over there has royally screwed up with their armor selections.

Ps. if this isn’t fixed, STAY AWAY from my Norn Medium T3. Human scum. Go roll a short norn and pretend to be human if you really want it that badly /flips table

Wow, I never knew this happened. So there is precedent for Anet wanting cultural armor to remain race-exclusive.

Makes this change seem doubly scummy.

PS: you’ve got a deal, as long as you hulking brutes stop trying to cram yourselves into our intricate armor :p

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

I realize I am a minority here, but the way I see it, they made the armor model available for all races. The cultural armor set is still exclusive.
You can still see if people are wearing T3 or Flamekissed, because they are not identical in every way. I do think they should have changed a little bit more than just adding glow effects though. Maybe change the pattern a bit so they don’t dye up the same way.

I would not mind seeing more of the cultural armors introduced with a few changes.
Being a Sylvari, I think there are too few armors with glows and think it would be rather cool if other classes could mix the TA armor with a modified sylvari cultural armor set.

Draknar.5748

Did you intentionally leave out that you wanted the armor because you like the way it looks, or does that really take a back seat to the idea that fewer people will have that armor set?

I guess we’re playing different games, because the most common sets I see are dungeon armor and cultural armor. The suggestion that cultural T3 is too expensive for a lot of people does not have any basis in reality, in my experience. Everyone’s got it, and those who don’t are working on getting it.

Not intentionally, no. But for example: I like the way the Norn cultural heavy looks. In fact I like it a lot and think it is one of the best looking for them available. I won’t get it for my character though because I see so many people in that armor. I would just be a big giant dude in the same armor as that other big giant dude, maybe with different coloring. I factor that stuff in to my skin choices personally.

Now, I won’t go out of my way to choose an exclusive skin that looks horrible just because it is exclusive, I’m not crazy. But I would go out of my way not to get a skin because I see it so frequently, as in the example I just gave.

Exclusivity and look are both important to me. Of course I could find a look I like without it being exclusive, you know by just being creative with my mix and matching. But when you shell out serious gold for skins with the assumption being that at the very least only your race could have it, and at the most only your race and those with the money to spend on it, you expect to have them remain somewhat exclusive, or at least not available to literally everyone.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Well this people get for wanting a buy to play game with no sub fee. I look forward to new sub fee games.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Boy things have changed.

wait waht? they actually banned people for that? and now they release it to everyone? wow those banned people should get their account back then. wow! they must have forgotten that part. what happened to the we want t3 armor be exclusive?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

BeoErgon.9107

Well this people get for wanting a buy to play game with no sub fee. I look forward to new sub fee games.

Not my case.
I have played tons of subscription games and the fees don’t bother me.

I wanted to play a game were game objectives were skins.
I was mistaken, GW2 is not such game and they clearly showed it : skins are store items from now on and higher tier stats are the game objective.

Fool me once…

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Boy things have changed.

wait waht? they actually banned people for that? and now they release it to everyone? wow those banned people should get their account back then. wow! they must have forgotten that part. what happened to the we want t3 armor be exclusive?

That’s beepin incredible. Anet really dropped the balllllllll

Elyl Jrend

Draknar.5748

I think we both agree that racial exclusivity was very important in us pursuing our respective races’ cultural armors, right? You just place more importance on other sylvari not being able to afford it, while I don’t care about other humans wearing T3 as long as it’s only humans wearing it.

And I also think we both agree that singling out human light T3 armor to have its racial exclusivity removed was a bad move, right?

Sooo I’m not sure why we’re arguing

It doesn’t feel like arguing, it feels like us having a healthy conversation, which is rarer and rarer these days. You are exactly right with your description of my placing importance on not only it being race exclusive but also cost (or even time) prohibitive.

So for an example, let’s say someone worked hard to get their Arah set; poured time into running the paths to get the tokens to get all of the pieces and some weapon sets. Would it be cool if they released the Arah set for purchase in the gemstore for 800gems (let’s also assume the Arah set was awesome, because honestly I’m not even a fan, the point is the time)? Wouldn’t it be reasonable for the person that worked hard for those skins to be upset that now anyone could get it even if they hadn’t stepped in Arah? I know it’s a slightly difference scenario but the premise would be the same. This removes the race restriction, but it is certainly time prohibitive and I’m sure if that person knew that later on that same exact set, maybe with swirling black or green flames added, would be available for 800gems, they probably wouldn’t have bothered farming Arah in the first place.

Exclusivity has value in and of itself, that’s been true forever. Removing exclusivity from something will devalue it. It’s like if you bought some cool item that was #5 of only 500 ever made, and then a year later they decide to do another run of 2000 of them. Suddenly your item is less valuable. Watch the Antiques Roadshow.

Look, I like the T3 light armor skin, and I like the new gem store skin. I just feel it would be honorable if Anet possibly offered those that purchased T3 human light the option to replace their current skins with the new ones if they choose. It would have to be done in a way where the skins only worked on matching cultural equivalents so that they couldn’t have their cake and eat it, too.

EDIT: Other than the first paragraph, this post is directed to the forum in general, and not towards Glenstorm.

(edited by Draknar.5748)

Posted by: summourn.4982

summourn.4982

I’m torn about this issue, personally.

On one hand, I am one of the human scholar players who purchased the original T3. Regardless, I’m actually not personally angry about it. I can certainly understand why others are, though. My best friend who also had the T3 is, in contrast to me, steaming and embittered about it.

It certainly seems an odd move to have done, especially only making the light Flame armor a tier set and the other two just random non-cultural armor styles. I wonder if others would be more (or even less?) upset if the medium had been another culture’s medium and the heavy from yet another culture.

I’ve always been of the opinion, personally, that I wish the races of Tyria could share each other’s cultural armor. We can already visit Divinity’s Reach and Hoelbrak and such and purchase their specific cultural weapons with karma earned. Why is it different for armor? The weapons seem like they should just as much be part of the iconic races’ feel.

Though I understand people being upset about this, especially at the bizarre decision to only release one in the form of human cloth T3 and nothing else, I also hope it suggests opening up sharing between cultural armor or even more altered versions in the gem store. At least it would be fair that way; as it stands, having ONLY humans’ cultural cloth for everyone else to wear is distinctly unfair (though again I personally am not angry; rather I was guiltily thrilled to be able to give the set to my Sylvari, regardless of having purchased the good old fashioned T3 for my human Necro ages ago).

Posted by: hannahwho.2859

hannahwho.2859

500+ posts and they still have nothing to say…..

Yes, i am a ranger that mains a longbow. Problem?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Not my case.
I have played tons of subscription games and the fees don’t bother me.

I wanted to play a game were game objectives were skins.
I was mistaken, GW2 is not such game and they clearly showed it : skins are store items from now on and higher tier stats are the game objective.

Fool me once…

Good news is the servers are still chugging along.

http://www.guildwars.com/

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Guys, if they do not respond to this obviously wrong decision on their part, it simply means they do not care/are happy with their current policy. Yet, if that’s the case, do not worry: plenty of new mmo games coming out in 2014.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

its also probably clear that we all (likely myself included) might just pounce any dev that makes an appearance here. likely theyll just stay away, not that i think thats the right thing to do…

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

“I wanted to be unique”…No you didn’t. You wanted to own something expensive. There are dozens of armor pieces that are almost never worn. Yet most human casters are in T3.
I don’t find anything wrong with wanting to show off, but at least don’t hide it behind “I wanted to be a snowflake”.

What do you honestly expect them to say ? This isn’t you throwing a fit at your kid and expecting them to say “sowwy we’ll fix it”. Because they can’t fix it. According to numerous posts, hundreds of players already own those armor. Anet isn’t going to take that away from them.

hannahwho.2859

its also probably clear that we all (likely myself included) might just pounce any dev that makes an appearance here. likely theyll just stay away, not that i think thats the right thing to do…

Yea i understand that any dev that post in here will be ripped a new one but even if its not in this thread it would be nice to see some sort of response to this feedback.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

They want to be happy with it. They want us to accept it. This is making huge profits for them.

They don’t want this game to run for years as we do (they will try to keep it alive with the least amount of effort possible, its business), so if they can squeeze every penny out of it, they will probably do it.

I, finally, realized that this will not be the game to be played for years; so, good bye long term investments.

So long and thanks for all the cheese.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

hannahwho.2859

“I wanted to be unique”…No you didn’t. You wanted to own something expensive. There are dozens of armor pieces that are almost never worn. Yet most human casters are in T3.
I don’t find anything wrong with wanting to show off, but at least don’t hide it behind “I wanted to be a snowflake”.

What do you honestly expect them to say ? This isn’t you throwing a fit at your kid and expecting them to say “sowwy we’ll fix it”. Because they can’t fix it. According to numerous posts, hundreds of players already own those armor. Anet isn’t going to take that away from them.

I’m not saying take the armor from them. I just want to hear from the devs, i cant help feel but all these people are being ignored.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I’m not saying take the armor from them. I just want to hear from the devs, i cant help feel but all these people are being ignored.

You probably will not be getting a response. The devs are aware, they just don’t care. They’re making a ton of money off of the armor, so why would they care? I used to think that the devs actually did care about their game, but they just blatantly raised a middle finger to all of the humans that bought the tier 3 cultural armor with 150+ gold.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

RedStar.4218

I sometime made bad race choices when creating my characters because I end up wanting other races cultural armor. However, if they add cheap effects like flames, frost, dust or any kind of glow/particle effect, I don’t find it interesting.

The devs aren’t going to answer anything in this thread until they can think of an answer that won’t be insulting and feel empty to the majority of reader. Since so many different types of players are complaining about it, it will take them some time to come up with one.
And harassing them isn’t going to help. When someone throws a fit, you simply shrug and let it cool down before opening your mouth if you things to go forward.

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

Anet is officially NCSoft, same corporate culture now. I am actually considering quitting GW2 at the moment. The LS offends my intelligence, simply gave up caring about it.

Posted by: Shikoba.6378

Shikoba.6378

When people do something wrong, they have trouble looking you in the eye.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

They can’t take it away by now, wouldn’t be fair for those that already purchased it, whether they were aware of the controversy or just saw a cool looking skin and bought it (maybe not even knowing it’s a cultural reskin), but personally at least I’d like a statement whether it’ll be a one time thing, or whether we can expect other races’s cultural gear available in the future (asura medium pls), what’s the new stance to cultural gear exclusivity, and if it’s a one time thing, why human light and not any other race/armor type.

Also, as a sugestion to Anet, maybe consider adding a vendor NPC, kinda like the one for the guild kite, that do a one time exchange from regular cultural T3 pieces to flamekisser pieces for those interested, as a good will gesture towards those that bought the T3 and feel cheated over the better (for them, I don’t like flamey stuff) looking version available for less gold, at least for as long as the item is offered on the gem store

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They want to be happy with it. They want us to accept it. This is making huge profits for them.

They don’t want this game to run for years as we do (they will try to keep it alive with the least amount of effort possible, its business), so if they can squeeze every penny out of it, they will probably do it.

I, finally, realized that this will not be the game to be played for years; so, good bye long term investments.

I want to come up with a valid argument to counter your implication and I really can’t.

I’d try to say the art/music team put in a ton of work but the more turnover in game titles they have the more work they get so that’s actually kind of a good thing I guess.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

I want to come up with a valid argument to counter your implication and I really can’t.

I’d try to say the art/music team put in a ton of work but the more turnover in game titles they have the more work they get so that’s actually kind of a good thing I guess.

thats why good single players game have its appeal, you can always play it even Dev are not supporting it

Posted by: Deer.1504

Deer.1504

When I first saw a discussion about this on Reddit, I honestly thought it was a joke because there was no way that ArenaNet would implement an incarnation of cultural armor that wasn’t, well, cultural, in the gem store. I decided to click the image and realized that it was indeed real and the only words I said aloud were “What the…”

I’m pretty disappointed with the decision to implement T3 light armor for humans in the cash shop because it isn’t different enough from the already existing cultural armor and it defeats the purpose of choosing a particular race for their cultural armor.

The half-hearted implementation of T3 light armor re-skinned for all races with a few lackluster fiery flame effects feels indicative of ArenaNet’s current attitude and it makes me not want to partake in supporting this company anymore, I only stay for the community that seems to have mutual feelings as me.

We’ve yet to hear word of a full expansion when Tyria is a vast world with plenty of locations (and continents!) to open up, participate in any events pertaining to the dragons in (what was supposed to be) the main storyline, and were told that character customization was a high priority. I don’t feel like mediocre re-skinning and lack of tying any of these living stories into the main storyline really depict the Guild Wars 2 I initially looked forward to and was sold on.

This ploy to earn cash via allowing a pantyskirt and bra with flames (among other re-skins) once lauded as prestigious to humans only, is very short-sighted and ultimately denotes their lack of respect and awareness of what the community wants, and their regard for their game in the long run.

RedStar.4218

That suggestion will calm some of them down.

And they already said they didn’t like cultural armor anymore. It took too much resources so that only a fraction of the playerbase could enjoy it. Especially when some races aren’t really played.
Like Charrs. Then again, when you look at their cultural armor…I wonder what kind of drastic cultural changes Charrs went to from dressing like this or this or this (and players dare to say elementalist were skimpy back then) to this…

That is why Rox’s armor isn’t limited to Norns.

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I really like availability and i find that exclusive items often harm your options, so I am not against this for any of the cultural sets, which still look different. However, the pricing might need a looking at, for example in this case it’s weird that it costs less than the cultural set (which might be overpriced today, or not, I dunno, but it’s still weird). It’s also odd that the light armour set just has a higher quality base for the flame-touched version, than the other armour types.

That said, what I’m getting at, options are always nice in my book.

Also for the people talking about milking the shop etc. Of course they are going to be putting sets and the like there to try and get people to buy gems, it’s the whole business model. Don’t tell me people don’t know this? O_o I mean, an online game doesn’t run itself. It’s still optional, so you can just vote your dislike of this set by not picking it up.

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I’m still waiting ANet to fix this. This is absurd.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

GOSU.9574

I’m still waiting ANet to fix this. This is absurd.

The only voice you have that matters is your wallet.

Keep spending money on this game and you aren’t voicing discontent.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

I WANT to buy gems but I CANNOT/WILL NOT when things like this are happening.