[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I want a flaming phoenix light armor set.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

The only thing they can do right now is try to make the new flamekissed skin as awesome as possible so people won’t ask for a refund. :/

When I look at the medium and heavy flame set, I’m not really optimistic tbh. Only time will tell and I sure hope to be proven wrong.

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

The only thing they can do right now is try to make the new flamekissed skin as awesome as possible so people won’t ask for a refund. :/

That is the only thing that will work in ANETs favour.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

How are they gonna do all that btw, I’m curious? Anyone familiar with it?
If I’m not pleased with the new set and they refund gems, how can they be sure I don’t keep the new skin anyway? Will they erase the item? Will they ask that I use trans splitters and then erase the skin? Will they provide these trans splitters? Will they give me transmutation stone to recreate the old skin I had? Will they give me back the previous skin I had prior to the flamekiss?
What a mess really. It was the first time I bought a skin set with gems, I wonder if I’ll ever do it again. ^^’

It is going to be a hot mess. IMO the best way is if they make a clean break. They pulled the light armor from the gem store. Let those that already have it keep it. Post the new one when it is done. Done deal.

The long story is, they pulled the armor from the gem store. They change it for those that have it. Those that already bought it and don’t like it are unhappy and want a refund. However some bought it for what was advertised and bought dyes with gold to match but they don’t like how it looks with the new look. More people unhappy. People used makeover kits to match and don’t like the new look, unhappy. People that only spent RWM to have the look that was sold may be un happy with the change. This is a total CF.

The Burninator

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Why is anet listening to these cry babies?
I bet 90% of them don’t even use a cc on there store,yet us ppl who do are going to get punished because of them.

I bought the armour because i liked it,i did not like the other amours in the past so never bought them.
also two of my chars have had many transmuted looks on them before this new armour was put on them.
so if i don’t like the new armour i lose out on money as well as my looks on the amour i had before hand, as it will revert back to the orig armour before the transmutation.

The simple way is ppl who bought get to keep it now, it simple as that.
we should not be forced to change it now and lose out because some kids who don;t even use a cc in anet store starts crying.

Tbh anet will lose a lot of paying customers,if the paying customers gets **** over.
Because i will never use my cc again.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Posted by: hannahwho.2859

hannahwho.2859

Personally I think crafted feathred or pvp masqurade would look very nice.

But the med and heavy users get nothing nearly as cool, yeas another trench coat…..wait this one is on fire! That makes it so much cooler!

Yes, i am a ranger that mains a longbow. Problem?

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

Sabyne – When the art team updates the asset and it goes live it will automatically overwrite your current flamekissed armor. Like saving over a file. What the new asset will be is anyone’s guess but I think they will most likely alter the mesh, which if not altered enough may still tick some off or replace the mesh entirely with a different mesh. The skin actually refers to the texture. I do not think they can really get away with another re texture without altering the mesh without starting the outrage up again but I could be wrong. So the skin (or mesh) you have now will one day look different, you won’t have control of it because the item id (or however the engine handles it) will point to a different asset. As to how they will then refund you exactly if you don’t like the new mesh/ skin is most likely being hammered out and sent through legal. If I had to guess I’d say gems with maybe trans stones in mail but I have no idea exactly.

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

This update has generated the greatest backlash, ranging from embarassing bugs (i.e. no wp to revive), arguably clumsy storyline with Scarlet behind everything, and, relevent to this thread: low quality design of gemstore items.
Good work, everyone, for calling out Anet on this pratice, which IMO is a blatant insult to public’s intelligence. With this, in the future, they will think twice about releasing this kind of quality of work thinking we will buy it regardless for some sort of cheap particle effect.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

Yes! Either that or a flaming bathing suit.

Or, if you really can’t do a flaming bathing suit (why, why???): a flaming inquest top, flaming starter skirt, flaming winged boots, and the gloves and helmet “as-is”. That combination rocks. It really does. Note: you’ll have noticed this comment relates to female characters only.

omg flaming bikinis and mankinis! take my money already!

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Cathgar.7581

I bet 90% of them don’t even use a cc on there store,yet us ppl who do are going to get punished because of them.

I bought the armour because i liked it,i did not like the other amours in the past so never bought them.
also two of my chars have had many transmuted looks on them before this new armour was put on them.
so if i don’t like the new armour i lose out on money as well as my orig armour before i put this new armour on a it will revert back to the orig armour before the transmutation.

we should not be forced to change it now and lose out because some kids who don;t even use a cc in anet store starts crying.

Tbh anet will lose a lot of paying customers,if the paying customers gets **** over.

Unfortunately that would not appease the QQing T3 people as then our new Flameseeker armor would be more exclusive than their T3 armor.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

so if i don’t like the new armour i lose out on money as well as my orig armour before i put this new armour on a it will revert back to the orig armour before the transmutation.

Ya, what kind of game rewards in game activity more than throwing money at the screen?!

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I want a flaming phoenix light armor set.

That would basically be a half decent solution, but I’m sure then would just start up the next kittenstorm from all of those people, which have bought the normal looking version of the phoenix armor …

always the same …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: thartalion.2756

thartalion.2756

However some bought it for what was advertised and bought dyes with gold to match but they don’t like how it looks with the new look. More people unhappy. People used makeover kits to match and don’t like the new look, unhappy. People that only spent RWM to have the look that was sold may be un happy with the change. This is a total CF.

This ^^

It’s not just about the loss of a cool skin that i bought in a legit way. It’s about all that comes with it. I bought the skin, i used a full Makeover Kit to rework my toon over it, the dyes, the weapons, etc.

All this feels like a bad April Fool’s joke that cost me money and gold.

People who complained about this situation in the first place didn’t lose anything since all this mess started.

XxTAFxX.6741

Ya, what kind of game rewards in game activity more than throwing money at the screen?!

I’v have more hours in this game than you think.
I even bought this game before release so got to play the beta side of it.
also i have 8 lvl 80 all good geared,all of them took a lot of my time and farming for the gear.
As i like to play them all in wvw just a shame laurels takes ages to get when you have alts as well to gear.
But if something turns up in the store that’s nice or cool and cannot get it anywhere else.i will buy it.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Substance E.4852

also i have 8 full lvl 80 all good geared,all took a lot of my time and farming for the gear.
But if something turns up in the store that’s nice or cool and cannot get it anywhere else.i will buy it.

Ya, except for the whole part about how it was there. In an npc vendor, for 3x the cost.

Posted by: Woobins.1803

Woobins.1803

Sounds like anet artists would prefer to make something decent, but management is setting unrealistic deadlines.

Corners get cut, and staff are surprised at the reaction?

Leo Paul.1659

However some bought it for what was advertised and bought dyes with gold to match but they don’t like how it looks with the new look. More people unhappy. People used makeover kits to match and don’t like the new look, unhappy. People that only spent RWM to have the look that was sold may be un happy with the change. This is a total CF.

This ^^

It’s not just about the loss of a cool skin that i bought in a legit way. It’s about all that comes with it. I bought the skin, i used a full Makeover Kit to rework my toon over it, the dyes, the weapons, etc.

All this feels like a bad April Fool’s joke that cost me money and gold.

People who complained about this situation in the first place didn’t lose anything since all this mess started.

I buy total makeover kits, dyes, backpieces etc just to make my character look cohesive too. But I understand where the complaint is coming from and I am one of those in favor of having it removed. I want guys like you to get compensated properly though.

I’m one of those people who just keeps putting skins over previous skins on 1 armor set… If I bought the flamekissed armor and didn’t like the new one, I would expect Anet to revert my armor back to its previous skin rather than the original one.

XxTAFxX.6741

also i have 8 full lvl 80 all good geared,all took a lot of my time and farming for the gear.

Ya, except for the whole part about how it was there. In an npc vendor, for 3x the cost.

so what.
when i bought gw 2 i paid over £50 guess what gw 2 now is less than £25.
Also the armour is kinda different it has flames.

it wont be long before ascended armour is out and they might even look better still.
are ppl still going to cry when there cheaper in tp to there cultural armour?

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Leo Paul.1659

so what.
Also the armour is kinda different it have flames.

it wont be long before ascended armour is out and they might even look better still.

You are totally not getting the point.

Substance E.4852

so what.
Also the armour is kinda different it has flames.

No but they would cry if a month later anet put ascended armor skin in the gem store for 800 gems a pop which is the proper analogy.

XxTAFxX.6741

so what.

I get the point.
What i don’t get is ppl who paid real cash gets kitten over.
yet the ones that prob never use a credit card wins.
it don’t make sense.

Also Substance E nope to me it a game,it nice to kit ya chars out,but its a game just pixels.
i don;t care if anet put the full cultural armour in tp for 800 gems.
you can still make your own looks by mixing and matching.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Leo Paul.1659

so what.

I get the point.
it don’t make sense.

I really want a good compensation for this mess for everyone. But you are trying to discredit the validity of the complaint through an assumption. What if those people who bought T3 human cultural did so by converting gems to gold? They used real cash too.

Cathgar.7581

so what.

I get the point.
it don’t make sense.

Same principal as exploiters always seem to come out on top over legit players.

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Other issues related to redoing a characters appearance that people may not have otherwise done include:

• Purchasing/Utilizing makeover kits to use with the flamekissed armor
  • Purchasing/Utilizing new dyes to use with the flamekissed armor
  • Purchasing/Utilizing new weapon skins to use with the flamekissed armor
  • Purchasing/Utilizing other armor skins to mix and match with the flamekissed armor

The first solution I can think of if the current stance stands as is for all the people impacted by downstream decisions such these, is to write detailed support tickets. That may result in a flood of tickets that would take customer support a while to resolve, because everything has to be handled on a case by case basis.

There’s got to be better solutions.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Why would Anet choose the worst looking heavy armor as well…

I use that armor on my main (see below)

not the fire one, that looks horrid the way they’ve done it, I don’t think any creativity or style was put into it. If had particle effects similar to ascended weapons (ie glowing/dimming) which you could control the colour of (like sylvari) i’d have been all over it…but the fire thing, especially with how they’ve done it, really only works with a tiny colour range without looking terrible, in the vast majority of cases though it’s going to look terrible.

Well you certainly look awesome, beyond awesome!
And I agree with you on the fire, it looks especially horrid on females though- I think I should’ve made that more clear on how ugly it was on a female character.

JustTrogdor.7892

I want guys like you to get compensated properly though.

The problem is how are people that payed RWM to get gems to buy the armor set advertised and also use makeover kits, bought dyes with gold to be compensated? How far back can they be compensated? I can tell you.. Gems back for the armor they paid for. No compensation for gold spent on dyes bought to match it, no compensation for makeovers to match it. Someone takes $10 to buy a skin then it get changed, wait (it will be an epic look per Anet) then they don’t like it they end up with gems on hold. If they used gold to buy dyes they get the double dong. If they used a makeover kit and dyes they get a triple dong.

Seriously Anet. Cut your losses on this one. Let people that bought the skins for the look advertised keep them and just put the new skin in the gem store.

The Burninator

Leo Paul.1659

The problem is how are people that payed RWM to get gems to buy the armor set advertised and also use makeover kits, bought dyes with gold to be compensated? How far back can they be compensated? I can tell you.. Gems back for the armor they paid for. No compensation for gold spent on dyes bought to match it, no compensation for makeovers to match it. Someone takes $10 to buy a skin then it get changed, wait (it will be an epic look per Anet) then they don’t like it they end up with gems on hold. If they used gold to buy dyes they get the double dong. If they used a makeover kit and dyes they get a triple dong.

Seriously Anet. Cut your losses on this one. Let people that bought the skins for the look advertised keep them and just put the new skin in the gem store.

TBH i don’t know if there’s a way to make the compensation fair for everyone. But personally, I don’t think the comparison between people who bought gems via cash or gold should be differentiated at this point. They both used resources (money vs time) and converted it to gems.

JustTrogdor.7892

TBH i don’t know if there’s a way to make the compensation fair for everyone. But personally, I don’t think the comparison between people who bought gems via cash or gold should be differentiated at this point. They both used resources (money vs time) and converted it to gems.

Sorry but due to gem store items not having stats, RWM trumps time in game when it comes to items purchased. I’d love to get paid RWM for every hour I spend playing GW2.

The Burninator

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

so what.

I do agree. When two people are not in the same level of reasoning, it’s hard to get the thought through. Best to rest the case.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Their choice as tier 3 as the armor base and saying it wasn’t supposed to look like t3…

I mean, a twin is a twin even with a scar you know what I mean?
Just dont base it from tier armor or dungeon armor- any armor that can be picked up or made is acceptable imo.
Glad they decided to make changes.

Substance E.4852

Sorry but due to gem store items not having stats, RWM trumps time in game when it comes to items purchased. I’d love to get paid RWM for every hour I spend playing GW2.

A $15 an hour job will earn you ~40gold an hour. If you could do that regularly in gw prices would be in the six to seven digit range for legendaries.

Unless you make nike shoes in Guatemalan sweat shop or w/e a real world job is going to earn you more potential gold per time invested than any activity in game unless you are an already filthy rich TP flipper.

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance.

You’ve just insulted the intelligence of every person who read this.

You don’t spit in people’s faces and then tell them it’s raining when they get mad. You apologize for the insult and admit that your action was wrong. Trying to act like this was an innocent mistake makes you look even worse.

T3 human armor (all kinds) are among the most desirable and distinctive skins in the game. Nobody who has played the game for a month saw that skin and thought anything other than “hey, T3 human with fire!” ANet knew exactly what they were doing when they did this, and to try to brush it off as an innocent mistake in not making it visually distinctive from cultural armor is complete BS.

You and your entire company should be ashamed of this blatantly dishonest response to your customer’s outrage.

the words are hard but i totally agree with this.

JustTrogdor.7892

A $15 an hour job will earn you ~40gold an hour. If you could do that regularly in gw prices would be in the six to seven digit range for legendaries.

Unless you make nike shoes in Guatemalan sweat shop or w/e a real world job is going to earn you more potential gold per time invested than any activity in game unless you are an already filthy rich TP flipper.

I don’t get paid for playing GW2, if I did I’d play more than I do. Trust me, my job pays me more than enough for legendarys on all my alts if I wanted. That is neither here nor there though. If someone takes RWM from their bank to buy a product that was advertised they should receive that product as is. Changing that item and saying, “Hey, the new item is going to be uber cool and if you don’t like it here are some gems back you can use on stuff you didn’t buy them for,” is wrong. Especially for people that used gold and gems to alter their character to fit the product they bought and will be changed advertised as “may be totally cool”.

The Burninator

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I bought that armor and had finally fun in playing my Ele again. However i used 3 makover kits since i wasn’t happy with the first results .. so really .. how will you refund that if i’m not happy with the new armor and park that char again ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Zebulous.2934

Zebulous.2934

The same day that companies are no longer held accountable by their customers.

That has already happened. Companies are now held accountable mostly to the governments of their respective regions. The governments care even less about you, because they get your tax money no matter what.

That is what you get when you insist on government regulation of corporations.

It gets worse, since the government wants you to hate the corporations, so that you will insist (vote) that government take even more control over the business sector. If the corporations object to the government controls, well, that is just the ceo being greedy. Its obviously for the common good since so many people want the government regulation of corporations.

We have lost the ability to hold businesses accountable because we decided to make the government do it for us. Everyone knows how efficient the American government is, how incorruptible American politicians are. Of course we know how concerned the United states government is about the difficulties of individuals.

fools.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I think the solution they laid out will be fine under the ‘big if’ that most people who already bought the armor like the new version and decide to keep it. Then they can avoid the nightmare of dealing with a ton of support tickets asking for additional compensatory action for things like makeover kits, dyes, etc.

You might think it would be hard for one new design to please everyone who has the skin already, but all they really need to do is make something skimpy. If they put a bit of time into making sure the armor is quality and shows plenty of skin, I think the replacement process could go pretty smoothly for them. If they swap out the T3 set for masquerade, stately or some other generic set and add flames, there will be many, many support tickets asking for refunds.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

JustTrogdor.7892

Anyway in the end what is going to happen is they are going to placate all those that went up in arms over the gem store armor looking like HT3 with effects. In turn all those that paid RWM to get gems for the new set will have to wait to see what the new set looks like. If they don’t like it they will be out their RWM they spent to get the gems to buy it and get a “gift card” in exchange. On top of that those that bought dyes and other stuff to match the gem store armor they purchased are SOL aside from getting their gems back to use later if something comes along they want.

This whole thing is a total CF. IMO a good middle ground has sort of already been met. They pulled the armor and will make a new one for the gem store. They should let those that have the current gem store armor keep it. This would cause the least trouble for all around.

The Burninator

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

Anyway in the end what is going to happen is they are going to placate all those that went up in arms over the gem store armor looking like HT3 with effects. In turn all those that paid RWM to get gems for the new set will have to wait to see what the new set looks like. If they don’t like it they will be out their RWM they spent to get the gems to buy it and get a “gift card” in exchange. On top of that those that bought dyes and other stuff to match the gem store armor they purchased are SOL aside from getting their gems back to use later if something comes along they want.

This whole thing is a total CF. IMO a good middle ground has sort of already been met. They pulled the armor and will make a new one for the gem store. They should let those that have the current gem store armor keep it. This would cause the least trouble for all around.

Im sorry, Honest question what does RWM, SOL, and CF mean? I thought RWM was “With Real Money” and you just inverted the R and W but I think im wrong?

Leo Paul.1659

The people who used gold will not be able to use the refund to get RWM.. I am sympathetic towards those that have used RWM for the first time just for the skin too though, and understand why they would be upset. But they did convert them to gems, and from that point on, that money already became virtual goods, whether they intended to use it for the flamekissed or not is moot imho.

I don’t think letting them keep the current skins they have would have a positive reaction from the community though, so I guess Anet would just have to choose the lesser evil.

JustTrogdor.7892

Im sorry, Honest question what does RWM, SOL, and CF mean? I thought RWM was “With Real Money” and you just inverted the R and W but I think im wrong?

RWM = real world money. SOL = kitten out of luck, CF = cluster kitten. Sorry I’m old military. There will be kittens in my explanation but I’m sure you can fill in the blanks.

The Burninator

Grim Jr.8946

RWM = real world money. SOL = kitten out of luck, CF = cluster kitten. Sorry I’m old military. There will be kittens in my explanation but I’m sure you can fill in the blanks.

oh thanks

On topic: I hope they do it like the Phoenix set where it’s unique to the human female since it is a T3 Human I hope the Humans that bought it will keep the current skin XD

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Human characters that applied the armor skin should be allowed to keep the original skin as purchased. I overwrote my T3 legs because the were basically the same armor. Now I’m out that gold.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

suggestion, sell a item that allows players who currently have Human Tier 3 Light to upgrade it into the fiery version. That way you have not wasted the effort in making this skin.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

The most important issue, barring letting people who have the skin keep it, is that the replacement, while distinctive from the T3 armor, should still be in somewhat the same vein – fancy, fiery, with similar area coverage and size, same level of detail, same quality of textures, handles dyes the same way, etc.

The replacement skin should be usable on the same characters, with the same skin, hair, eyes, weapons, gear and dyes and look different from the T3, but still great.

This is the ideal fix – to eliminate the impact on people who have and like the skin as much as possible by making sure that the replacement is of high quality and looks great on similarly themed characters and lets the T3 people be happy nobody has their skin. That would make a lot of the rest easier and in many cases unnecessary to deal with.

If people are unhappy that their character isn’t as good looking to them as it was before, just giving them their gems back, and even compensating them for everything else they might have spent around them is still going to be treating them unfairly.

At that point, ArenaNet should be breaking out mini Mr. Sparkles or something for people because this is a pretty raw deal. I’m kidding about mini Mr. Sparkles. Nobody else should have one. It would make them less exclusive.

But, ArenaNet should look at giving the player something in-game, even if it has a higher gold/gem value. The problem is, nothing really affects your character’s appearance like a full set of armor, especially this armor. While I’d enjoy the apoplectic fits that would arise if they sent everyone affected a Legendary Weapon, that isn’t really an option. Maybe a new in-game T-shirt. “I Got Screwed by ArenaNet and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt.” That would seriously be really cool. Or place one bug of the affected person’s choice at the top of the list (e.g. fix my Asura’s priory boots). But make some meaningful gesture.

It would be nice if at the end of his there was nobody feeling like I’m feeling right now.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I called it when I said they thought we wouldn’t notice. And that they continue to severely underestimate their player base.

Leo Paul.1659

oh thanks

On topic: I hope they do it like the Phoenix set where it’s unique to the human female since it is a T3 Human I hope the Humans that bought it will keep the current skin XD

I hope the new flamekissed set will be the Phoenix Set with fire effects.

But really, I wish they would revert those who’d file tickets who won’t like the new one with the skin they overwrote instead of the original. Like for those who transmuted T3 cultural to exotics then bought flamekissed.

I’m one of those that buy dyes and total makeover kits to match my current armor, and maybe they’d even refund those too if you have a screenie. We have a history log of gem shop purchases anyway.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Grim Jr.8946

oh thanks

But really, I wish they would revert those who’d file tickets who won’t like the new one with the skin they overwrote instead of the original. Like for those who transmuted T3 cultural to exotics then bought flamekissed.

sadly despite the awesomeness a flaming phoenix set would look they can’t because it would demean the phoenix set and those that bought it will cry out like this XD

Leo Paul.1659

oh thanks

sadly despite the awesomeness a flaming phoenix set would look they can’t because it would demean the phoenix set and those that bought it will cry out like this XD

IKR! They should just sell “effects” items in the gem store then.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

Bascially Anet had a choice they could upset a bunch of customers who already had T3 armor and had worked for it and had it for months or upset a few customers who got it over a period of 24hrs recently.

They promised us that cultural armor was exclusive to races. There choices where simple upset a few people now (how many sets could really sell in less then 24hrs maybe few thousand at best) or show the community they don’t keep there word when things are already rocky.

They just made the very very controversial decision to remove progress from people in Fractal’s. That decision was poor and most likely will come back to haunt them. Basically lose a few people now with reversing the armor or lose everything in a few months when people completely give up on the game.

JustTrogdor.7892

Bascially Anet had a choice they could upset a bunch of customers who already had T3 armor and had worked for it and had it for months or upset a few customers who got it over a period of 24hrs recently.

They promised us that cultural armor was exclusive to races. There choices where simple upset a few people now (how many sets could really sell in less then 24hrs maybe few thousand at best) or show the community they don’t keep there word when things are already rocky.

They just made the very very controversial decision to remove progress from people in Fractal’s. That decision was poor and most likely will come back to haunt them. Basically lose a few people now with reversing the armor or lose everything in a few months when people completely give up on the game.

I’d be willing to bet, but it is too late now, if the light armor in the gem store didn’t have particle effects but still looked close to HT3 there would not have been close to the uprise we have seen.

The Burninator