[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AllMostDead.6408

AllMostDead.6408

Was tempted to grab a set for my ele, well until i seen it clipped her hair like a sob, are you going to fix this issue in the redesign?

Btw thanks for listening

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

Bascially Anet had a choice they could upset a bunch of customers who already had T3 armor and had worked for it and had it for months or upset a few customers who got it over a period of 24hrs recently.

They promised us that cultural armor was exclusive to races. There choices where simple upset a few people now (how many sets could really sell in less then 24hrs maybe few thousand at best) or show the community they don’t keep there word when things are already rocky.

They just made the very very controversial decision to remove progress from people in Fractal’s. That decision was poor and most likely will come back to haunt them. Basically lose a few people now with reversing the armor or lose everything in a few months when people completely give up on the game.

I’d be willing to bet, but it is too late now, if the light armor in the gem store didn’t have particle effects but still looked close to HT3 there would not have been close to the uprise we have seen.

Yeah probably people don’t want to be outshined especially if they paid a high amout of money but if it were not as impressive as it is now only a few would have complained

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

We will do a few things to address this issue.

• We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
  • Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
  • We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
  • Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
  • When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

So you’re going to take away something that people bought and enjoy without compensating them fairly. It is great to be a paying customer at ArenaNet.

Looks like someone didn’t read it:

• Those who bought it can keep it for the moment.
  • When they update it, it’ll be changed.
  • If the player isn’t happy with it, they’ll get a refund.

How is ‘being allowed to keep it or have a refund if you’re not happy’ not fair compensation?

Fair compensation would be guaranteeing that at the end I’m as satisfied with how my character looks in it after they change it as I am now or they give me something else that makes me equally satisfied. if I’d just wanted 800 gold or 10 bucks, I wouldn’t have bought it in the first place.

Unless they’ve got a great plan for this, I don’t see them making up for the money and time I and others spent putting together other things to go with this armor that may or may not match the new armor. And I don’t think they have the pull to get me a day off to start from scratch on a new set even if they did.

There is nothing fair to the people who purchased the gem store armor about this resolution.

You get to wear the armor you liked untill you get a full refund. Want them to come and clean your apartment as well? People like you make it really hard to not use bad language.

Gee, thanks. I can level a character I’d parked because I didn’t have an end-game skin I liked for it until they take away the end-game skin.

Really, wanting to be fairly compensated for something being taken away from me spurs you more to bad language than all the people who demanded something be taken away from someone else who had done nothing wrong simply so they could enjoy having it exclusively themselves?

Acting all “I want more” spurs me to bad language, not your desire for the skin. You should be happy they are giving you a refund, because you deserve nothing.

He wants what he purchased in good faith, how is that wanting more? Why would that prompt bad language on your part or the assertion that he deserves nothing?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Bascially Anet had a choice they could upset a bunch of customers who already had T3 armor and had worked for it and had it for months or upset a few customers who got it over a period of 24hrs recently.

They promised us that cultural armor was exclusive to races. There choices where simple upset a few people now (how many sets could really sell in less then 24hrs maybe few thousand at best) or show the community they don’t keep there word when things are already rocky.

They just made the very very controversial decision to remove progress from people in Fractal’s. That decision was poor and most likely will come back to haunt them. Basically lose a few people now with reversing the armor or lose everything in a few months when people completely give up on the game.

I’d be willing to bet, but it is too late now, if the light armor in the gem store didn’t have particle effects but still looked close to HT3 there would not have been close to the uprise we have seen.

They must be kitten y because they didn’t get flame effects also?

In what world would making an even more like T3 armor in the gem store make the problem better? Take away the flames and it’s exactly the same armor. They didn’t even change the design on the texture or alpha layers, they just added the flame effect.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

@ angelpaladin.7921

Updates should be made to make a game more attractive not to loose a bit of the player base at every update….come on really? is this the best they could do?

With 7 years of gw1 the fan base always only increased.

Some posts ago someone said: “Anet is a shadow of it’s former self”. this is actually true, we’ve heard that many of the gw1 team left the gw2 development months ago.

(edited by Aedil.1296)

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I think it would have been a lot worse personally I think there would have been far more outrage. Personally I have 2 tier 3 wearing human female’s using light armor. I could care less about the subtle changes they made to the armor. cultural armor is meant to be a exclusive item for races not something for the masses.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

In what world would making an even more like T3 armor in the gem store make the problem better? Take away the flames and it’s exactly the same armor. They didn’t even change the design on the texture or alpha layers, they just added the flame effect.

So if they had opened HT3 to Norn you would have thrown a fit? Yeah right… After all, you sunk so much gold to get HT3 to be exclusive, like all the many others that complained they were exclusive by getting HT3. With all the people complaining about being exclusive it doesn’t seem so much exclusive anymore now does it?

The Burninator

angelpaladin.7921

@ angelpaladin.7921

Updates should be made to make a game more attractive not to loose a bit of the player base at every update….come on really? is this the best they could do?

With 7 years of gw1 the fan base always only increased.

Some posts ago someone said: “Anet is a shadow of it’s former self”. this is actually true, we’ve heard that many of the gw1 team left the gw2 development months ago.

I know what you mean I keep holding out faith things will get better. I read some where that the scarlet living story is just a test run to see what works and what doesn’t that’s why its been so transparent instead of static. I really hope thats the case cause there is so much good GW1 lore to work with I can’t wait.

Posted by: hchadw.1097

hchadw.1097

heres my dilemma…. I already owned Human T3 armor on my necro…. I bought this Human T3 Skin from the Gemstore and copied over my current human T3 because i thought it was cooler. I didnt see anything about this out cry on cultural armor… me frankly i dont care about it myself…

My question is i understand from what the dev says you can get a refund for the armor if you dislike the look… but how do i get my old T3 armor look back if i dont like the new Flamekissed Light ?

I personally bought this to make my old T3 Look cooler with effects. so now im gonna lose my T3 human armor look and the New T3 armor i reskined my old T3 with.

Are they going to provide me with a transmute splitters so i can remove the flamekissed T3 skin off my current T3 Human armor so atleast dont lose that, or can i keep the current T3 Skin.

Basically i wanna keep my T3 Flameskin.. I put on my own T3 i didnt mind paying the 68g to upgrade my t3 look! Gold is easy to make in this game.

Im a Human T3 Owner thats not mad about this but yet now I feel like im going to now lose my Old T3 Armor Look and my New T3 Armor look.

This is starting to feel like SkinWars 2

Mabe now would be a good time to have (Everybody skins) that anyone can use and (cultural skins) that fit only the culture.

(edited by hchadw.1097)

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

heres my dilemma…. I already owned Human T3 armor on my necro…. I bought this Human T3 Skin from the TP and copied over my current human T3 because i thought it was cooler. I didnt see anything about this out cry on cultural armor… me frankly i dont care about it myself…

My question is i understand from what the dev says you can get a refund for the armor if you dislike the look… but how do i get my old T3 armor look back if i dont like the new Flamekissed Light ?

I personally bought this to make my old T3 Look cooler with effects. so now im gonna lose my T3 human armor look and the New T3 armor i reskined my old T3 with.

Are they going to provide me with a transmute splitters so i can remove the flamekissed T3 skin off my current T3 Human armor so atleast dont lose that, or can i keep the current T3 Skin.

Basically i wanna keep my T3 Flameskin.. I put on my own T3 i didnt mind paying the 68g to upgrade my t3 look! Gold is easy to make in this game.

Im a Human T3 Owner thats not mad about this but yet now I feel like im going to now lose my Old T3 Armor Look and my New T3 Armor look.

I don’t want to make you sad but if your old T3 was transmuted on say exotic gear, even with transmutation splitters, you wouldn’t get back your T3, you would get the exotic gear with its original look.

hchadw.1097

Oh Dear.. thats messed up.. thats exactly what i did
I transmuted my T3 to exotics a while back when i made it was rather expensive.. now i feel like im gonna get doubly kittened!

I am sad now.. but not for me.. if this goes south and I end up in a lose/lose (as in new armor looks bad and stuck with crappy looking reskin and no way to get my t3 back) i just might not make any gemstore purchases for a while… till it comes out of beta!

(edited by hchadw.1097)

Substance E.4852

So if they had opened HT3 to Norn you would have thrown a fit? Yeah right… After all, you sunk so much gold to get HT3 to be exclusive, like all the many others that complained they were exclusive by getting HT3. With all the people complaining about being exclusive it doesn’t seem so much exclusive anymore now does it?

What do I care if others have it? I see other players in human T3 all the time. Ya know why it doesn’t bug me? Because they paid the same and had to put in the same effort to get it as I did, probably even more if they got it back when it was harder to make gold.

I’d rather they put every cultural armor in a universal system so that everyone has a bigger pool of armor to use. They could even tie it to a race specific loyalty/karma point system based on doing DE’s in that race’s territory. The sylvari armor where it is literally growing out of your body would look weird on fleshy races but if people want to look like mutant freaks that’s their prerogative.

I even remade a sylvari toon as a human because I wanted the human cultural.

I really couldn’t make it much simpler but it wouldn’t matter since you like many others would rather throw out straw men in an attempt to make it look like everyone is being whiny children who have to share and don’t like it.

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Posted by: angryangel.8541

angryangel.8541

I find it pretty sad that you’re going to put something into the gem store that clearly wasn’t very well thought through, let people purchase it and then take it from them because of a generalized uproar. I agree that it was a good idea to pull the skin from the gem store, because obviously a lot of people were unhappy with it, but changing the skin of those people that have already purchased it is a poor decision. Refunding the gems does not make it any better, either. People have spent money on armor, runes and dye to make those skins work for them – are you going to refund that, too? I doubt it. The skin was a bad decision, accept it, and be done with it. Don’t make it any worse than it already is. Let the people that have purchased the skin keep it, and let that be the end of it. Give them the option to change it to the new, re-vamped skin if they so choose, but don’t force it upon them. After all, this was your mistake, Anet – not your customers’. They spent their money/gold on gems to purchase the skin. Let them have it. I know I, for my part, will otherwise be very careful about spending money on any other skins in the future, because who knows if I will get to hold on to them.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

That would hardly have made a difference. Sure, the fiery effects made it perhaps a slight bit better looking than the default T3, though that’ll be down to personal preference, but still:

• It costs less than 60 G to buy the Flamekissed skin set if you convert Gold to Gems
    • It costs 119 G to buy HCLT3 (and considering it’s Rare quality, Cultural armor could be called “skins” too)
  • Flamekissed can be worn by any race
    • HCLT3 can be worn by Humans

As for taking the skin away from those who has already purchased it, I get where they’re coming from. If they don’t do it, these skins will become overall ultra-rare. And you got other races running around with a more flashy Cultural armor. I see the problem in this too. That’s not to say I don’t see a massive issue in what a nightmare it would be to refund those who has purchased it though.

Ok, they can use transmutation splitters to remove the skin from the item. But the previous item may very well have been using a skin too, so how do they go about refunding that? What about those who did a gender change to get the female and/or male version of the Flamekissed as-is currently? Purchases of other expensive weapons to get “matching” looks? Say someone bought Volcanus, but otherwise would never have purchased it? If they hate the new skin, e.g., if it is as poorly done as the Medium and Heavy versions of the sets, they may no longer have a desire to make a fiery themed character. People may have purchased expensive dyes to color it, that they otherwise don’t have a interest in.

I don’t really see how they can refund it properly, and I do understand that they perhaps wish to remove it so that it’s back to being Cultural exclusive, and not a super-exclusive rare skin. Sure, a lot of people purchased it, but overall, it will be rather rare. I don’t envy ArenaNet for being in the position they put themselves now. They got to make some extremely nice looking Flamekissed skin when re-designing it, so good that nobody would even consider using the skin as-is, or they are going to have upset players, no matter if they would let players keep their as-is version or if they update the purchased skins to the new mesh. Some players will hate that there are rare Cultural-themed armors available to a select few of the overall playerbase, others will hate that they took it away from them.

And if they make it a unique and awesome skin, what about the Medium and Heavy users? Those skins are just semi-lazy re-skins of WvW and low-level armors.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

hchadw.1097

I find it pretty sad that you’re going to put something into the gem store that clearly wasn’t very well thought through, let people purchase it and then take it from them because of a generalized uproar. I agree that it was a good idea to pull the skin from the gem store, because obviously a lot of people were unhappy with it, but changing the skin of those people that have already purchased it is a poor decision. Refunding the gems does not make it any better, either. People have spent money on armor, runes and dye to make those skins work for them – are you going to refund that, too? I doubt it. The skin was a bad decision, accept it, and be done with it. Don’t make it any worse than it already is. Let the people that have purchased the skin keep it, and let that be the end of it. Give them the option to change it to the new, re-vamped skin if they so choose, but don’t force it upon them. After all, this was your mistake, Anet – not your customers’. They spent their money/gold on gems to purchase the skin. Let them have it. I know I, for my part, will otherwise be very careful about spending money on any other skins in the future, because who knows if I will get to hold on to them.

Wow you just said word for word exactly what i feel right now.. I think im gonna log out and go play some Americas Army Proving Grounds or some Planetside 2… I for some reason just dont feel like any more SkinWars 2 tonight!

Posted by: VeeVy.9764

VeeVy.9764

What’s about the other two sets? Flamewalker is the same model as WvW medium invader set. For, Flamewarth, it is also the same model as a heavy karma set. Why don’t Anet remodel them too? LAZY??

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

How is ‘being allowed to keep it or have a refund if you’re not happy’ not fair compensation?

Giving folks transmutation splitters on a case by case basis would be a start; there are folks who reskinned over parts of their tier armor or other expensive skins, and if the new version is not to their liking, they are borked. (I know several people who are stuck this way.) And if it’s a third-generation reskin (one set reskinned over with another and then with the flame set) a splitter will revert it back to the first version and the other will be lost for good.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

hchadw.1097

Giving folks transmutation splitters on a case by case basis would be a start; there are folks who reskinned over parts of their tier armor or other expensive skins, and if the new version is not to their liking, they are borked. (I know several people who are stuck this way.) And if it’s a third-generation reskin (one set reskinned over with another and then with the flame set) a splitter will revert it back to the first version and the other will be lost for good.

From what i understand thats the boat im in.. I bought human T3 about 8-9 months ago…. Transmuted it to Exotic armor… then when this came out yesterday i bought it and copied it over my Current Human T3 armor….. im really borked!!!!!

Im about ready for skins to be account bound.. Anet account bounds crap that makes no sense and then does not account bound things that CLEARLY need to be!

Or mabe do like legendaries..(the Dble click change stats could mabe be dble click on skinned weps the change skin) if you have applied a skin to a weapon.. let us Double click it and change the skin to any that have been used on the weapon/armor? or is this not possible?

Or put the skins in the account pane so they can be reused or taken off at will. something has to change/give!

(edited by hchadw.1097)

Substance E.4852

From what i understand thats the boat im in.. I bought human T3…. Transmuted it to Exotic armor… then when this came out yesterday i bought it and copied it over my Current Human T3 armor….. im really borked!!!!!

Explain the situation to them in a ticket. You might get your armor reverted. Probably not but it’s worth a shot.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

heres my dilemma…. I already owned Human T3 armor on my necro…. I bought this Human T3 Skin from the TP and copied over my current human T3 because i thought it was cooler. I didnt see anything about this out cry on cultural armor… me frankly i dont care about it myself…

I don’t want to make you sad but if your old T3 was transmuted on say exotic gear, even with transmutation splitters, you wouldn’t get back your T3, you would get the exotic gear with its original look.

Yep. What’s worse is that ANet may not be able to track this later, so you need to contact them NOW and tell them the issue and they will look in your item history to see if you owned the t3. Ask for the t3 back and a refund on your gems.

I lost a gemstore set this way and waited too long to revert.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

angelpaladin.7921

I am not trying to be rude but a little common since would have gone a really long way. Common since says that them releasing a tier 3 remake on the ah would not fly. It’s kinda hard to feel bad for people when they really have no one to blame but them selfs for not using some common since.

This reminds me of a few years back when Dell (I think it was dell) listed a monitor for 15.99 instead of the real price of 159.99. There where people who had to wait over a week to get a refund. Common since told them the company made a mistake. I don’t really see how this is any different it was a poor mistake at that but common since we need more of it I think.

Posted by: Squishy.3806

Squishy.3806

So us people that bought the light armor from gem store are now going to be forced to either use the new design or get a refund? because people QQ over everything and are never happy we lose out? really? I happen to like it the way it is.

once again the QQers win GG

[WL] Bogan Queen
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Squishy.3806)

Sabyne.6329

I am not trying to be rude but a little common since would have gone a really long way. Common since says that them releasing a tier 3 remake on the ah would not fly. It’s kinda hard to feel bad for people when they really have no one to blame but them selfs for not using some common since.

This reminds me of a few years back when Dell (I think it was dell) listed a monitor for 15.99 instead of the real price of 159.99. There where people who had to wait over a week to get a refund. Common since told them the company made a mistake. I don’t really see how this is any different it was a poor mistake at that but common since we need more of it I think.

Wow, sure now it’s our fault that Anet screwed this up entirely. I’m more and more amazed by this community. I had a whisper earlier from someone basically saying “niark niark soon you won’t have this armor anymore”.

hchadw.1097

Im not trying to be rude but .. now my common sense tells me not to purchase anything from anet anymore. And according to your.. what i like to refer to as kitten-Logic (by no means calling anyone that) just a reference to how someone comes to an incorrect conclusion based on faulty logic.(like i should use common sense when purchase something) Expect to keep it and enjoy it. Yet this is not the case, How was i supposed to know that people where to run with pitch forks at anet about the human T3 fiasco.. ..

I myself AM a proud Human T3 owner yet i was not upset at the fact my armor was on the Gemstore.. I was actually thinking WOW this would be nice to replace my current T3 with and would be happy to have access to a few others that i cant get on each other race. Again i worked hard for my Human T3 yet i was not upset that anyone else could get it.. its darn nice looking armor.

I tried not to be rude

Your argument is a bird.

It was on the gemstore … i purchased it. using common sense that so far all the armor i have bought has not magically changed on me into something else

angelpaladin.7921

Wow, sure now it’s our fault that Anet screwed this up entirely. I’m more and more amazed by this community. I had a whisper earlier from someone basically saying “niark niark soon you won’t have this armor anymore”.

Why should I and other people who are out raged have to pay for there mistake? What makes the people who bought the armor better then the people who earned it? Please don’t give me a story about how much you spend on the gem shop. I personally spend between 15-45 dollars a month since I canceled my 3 wow accounts. My friend I know he has spent more then you cause he dropped 700 dollars yes dollars at one time so he could convert gem’s to gold to buy a legendary. His money so who are we to judge right.

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

Just put it back up as is. The horse is out of the barn. No one is buying this wasn’t intended. All three skins are duplicate meshes of in game armor with flame and texture effects added. This was their intent. There was no “accidentally” about this.
We are supposed to believe your intent was to change one skins mesh when the other two weren’t changed at all either? Riiiight.

They are just trying to save face now for picking a cultural T3. Apparently not one of them plays the game to even think this was going to upset people who spent twice the gold on a less decked out set of skins. I don’t trust you folks at all after that whooper.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

The only thing I really blame the community for is the ridiculous overreaction.

Seriously… it’s a huge deal… WHY? Because you don’t want some norn looking as special as you? You don’t like someone else not spending the same amount of gold as you (let’s nevermind the fact that inflation has made these cultural sets a lot less harder to get as it is)?

It’s rather amusing the same community that was absolute aflame with rage that Arena.net would DARE take away something they’ve “earned” (fractal levels) screamed in fury that they better darn well take away what someone else purchased because it made some people feel like less of a unique little snowflake.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

You know, I find it ironic that everybody complained about the light armor skin, but nobody complained about the medium, despite the fact you have to work just as hard if not harder to get it. WvW skins take a lot of Badges of Honor to get, and yet nobody bothered to complain about that!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Substance E.4852

Why should I and other people who are out raged have to pay for there mistake? What makes the people who bought the armor better then the people who earned it? Please don’t give me a story about how much you spend on the gem shop. I personally spend between 15-45 dollars a month since I canceled my 3 wow accounts. My friend I know he has spent more then you cause he dropped 700 dollars yes dollars at one time so he could convert gem’s to gold to buy a legendary. His money so who are we to judge right.

lol he spent 700 dollars on something that isn’t his legally and can disappear at any time, for any reason beyond his control, all to impress a bunch of anonymous gamers who don’t even care whether he exists at all. That’s kind of sad.

Substance E.4852

You know, I find it ironic that everybody complained about the light armor skin, but nobody complained about the medium, despite the fact you have to work just as hard if not harder to get it. WvW skins take a lot of Badges of Honor to get, and yet nobody bothered to complain about that!

I think I got about 1200 badges just from achievement chests alone when they implemented the system and badges are as easy to get today from just casual wvw’ing as they ever have been.

Plus , not a lot of people are fans of the bald hobo look.

angelpaladin.7921

lol he spent 700 dollars on something that isn’t his legally and can disappear at any time, for any reason beyond his control, all to impress a bunch of anonymous gamers who don’t even care whether he exists at all. That’s kind of sad.

I kinda thought the same thing but the way he explained it to me was.

1. He makes the money to afford it
2. He can’t play as much as he wants
3. Its his money (cause I told him I thought it was a foolish waste)
4. He spent over 500 on RNG boxers in Starwars the old republic

After he told me all that I was like guess I really can’t judge you for it we all spend money on werid items from time to time.

Sabyne.6329

I’m amazed that your answer to all this is ppl should use common sense. That’s really the sign of a great community when ppl start to tell you this when you’ve been screwed by the game. I don’t care about how much you or your friend spent on this game, it’s hardly the point here and not what I was referring to. The way you tell ppl they are dumb because they bought this skin on the gem store is really appalling and I really see no excuse for that may have you spend 10$ or 1000$.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

A $15 an hour job will earn you ~40gold an hour. If you could do that regularly in gw prices would be in the six to seven digit range for legendaries.

Unless you make nike shoes in Guatemalan sweat shop or w/e a real world job is going to earn you more potential gold per time invested than any activity in game unless you are an already filthy rich TP flipper.

I don’t get paid for playing GW2, if I did I’d play more than I do. Trust me, my job pays me more than enough for legendarys on all my alts if I wanted. That is neither here nor there though. If someone takes RWM from their bank to buy a product that was advertised they should receive that product as is. Changing that item and saying, “Hey, the new item is going to be uber cool and if you don’t like it here are some gems back you can use on stuff you didn’t buy them for,” is wrong. Especially for people that used gold and gems to alter their character to fit the product they bought and will be changed advertised as “may be totally cool”.

while you may not agree with it, and I personally find it questionable ethics, no one bought the armor with RWM, they bought gems. Granted they may have only bought the gems for the armor but it’s technically all they bought were gems with RWM.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Substance E.4852

I kinda thought the same thing but the way he explained it to me was.

1. He makes the money to afford it
2. He can’t play as much as he wants
3. Its his money (cause I told him I thought it was a foolish waste)
4. He spent over 500 on RNG boxers in Starwars the old republic

After he told me all that I was like guess I really can’t judge you for it we all spend money on werid items from time to time.

I can respect a person’s right to spend their money how ever they choose but I still think it’s silly to spend that kind of money on anything you can’t hold in your hand, much less have any legal right to.

At least he got a good deal I guess. Probably would have cost him a couple grand in today’s market.

chemiclord.3978

It’s because the set in question was considered a very appealing one by players of all races, many of whom openly wished they had that particular look on their non-human toons, and simply didn’t want to “roll human” for whatever reason.

angelpaladin.7921

I’m amazed that your answer to all this is ppl should use common sense. That’s really the sign of a great community when ppl start to tell you this when you’ve been screwed by the game. I don’t care about how much you or your friend spent on this game, it’s hardly the point here and not what I was referring to. The way you tell ppl they are dumb because they bought this skin on the gem store is really appalling and I really see no excuse for that may have you spend 10$ or 1000$.

Wait where in my post did I call anyone dumb? Take what you will from my post but I did not call a single person dumb.

I wanna say why are you sticking around if the community is so bad? I am kinda lost if this community is so atrocious why deal with it? Why not move on to greener pastors as they say.

chemiclord.3978

I wanna say why are you sticking around if the community is so bad? I am kinda lost if this community is so atrocious why deal with it? Why not move on to greener pastors as they say.

Well, for me… personally… the community is great. There’s a definite overly toxic presence on the forums, but that’s hardly uncommon for ANY official forum for ANY game, really. It’s the place where dissatisfied customers come to kitten because they think “official” = “developers are here and I can yell at them.”

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Oh, I don’t think I’ve heard a single person say they liked the Medium and Heavy sets, they’re, to me, horrible. And no, it takes no effort what so ever to get the WvW gear. I get about 300-400 Badges easily, each time I spend a little effort in WvW. Do the JP’s, then run around with your guild killing the zerglings.

What irked me was the fact that Flamekissed is the Light Human Cultural Tier 3 armor, available to every race for less than half the cost. If everyone can wear the “Requires race: Human” one, then why can’t I wear the Norn one as a Human? Or the Asura one? Sylvari? Charr perhaps? That’s what bothered me.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Manda D Ulin.2367

Manda D Ulin.2367

“Earned it?” Here let me just go buy the HCT3 armor real quick in game and then salvage it because it’s ugly as sin without the flames. Many of those people that bought it earned it too. They also bought it because they liked it with the particle effects and no putting them on another random half kittened armor set likely won’t do to them.

Berelious.3290

Oh, I don’t think I’ve heard a single person say they liked the Medium and Heavy sets, they’re, to me, horrible. And no, it takes no effort what so ever to get the WvW gear. I get about 300-400 Badges easily, each time I spend a little effort in WvW. Do the JP’s, then run around with your guild killing the zerglings.

What irked me was the fact that Flamekissed is the Light Human Cultural Tier 3 armor, available to every race for less than half the cost. If everyone can wear the “Requires race: Human” one, then why can’t I wear the Norn one as a Human? Or the Asura one? Sylvari? Charr perhaps? That’s what bothered me.

Honestly, I have to agree… even if it’s a bit of a re-work like Flamekissed was, I think that they all should be made available to every race… but that’s me. Also, as a person who simply doesn’t have a whole lot of time to spend in WvW, any armor from there is difficult to get. But again, that’s me, and I like the medium armor.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Old quote of the day (quite pertinent):

“There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper” – John Ruskin

This also applies to reskins and attempts to make a buck.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: CaptainTress.9036

CaptainTress.9036

I am extremely unhappy about this.

I LOVE the skin and as soon as I saw it I grabbed my wallet and brought it. Two of them, actually. Its been ages since I was so excited about the game, but since I got those skins I’ve been happily running around on characters I haven’t touched much because now they’re so pretty.

I will be asking for my MONEY back, not gems. I don’t want anything else from the gem store.

Why can’t those of us who brought it keep it? We get to have an exclusive rare skin THAT WE PAID FOR.

If I bought a couch there is NO WAY IN HELL the store owner could show up at my house, take the couch and offer me one I didn’t like as replacement. It would be godkitten insane. And illegal.

It makes me very upset that video game companies can get away with the same thing.

I bought it, its mine. Just let me keep it.

Substance E.4852

I LOVE the skin and as soon as I saw it I grabbed my wallet and brought it. Two of them, actually. Its been ages since I was so excited about the game, but since I got those skins I’ve been happily running around on characters I haven’t touched much because now they’re so pretty.

I will be asking for my MONEY back, not gems. I don’t want anything else from the gem store.

Why can’t those of us who brought it keep it? We get to have an exclusive rare skin THAT WE PAID FOR.

If I bought a couch there is NO WAY IN HELL the store owner could show up at my house, take the couch and offer me one I didn’t like as replacement. It would be godkitten insane. And illegal.

It makes me very upset that video game companies can get away with the same thing.

What they did was completely legal and well within their right.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

chemiclord.3978

Let’s be perfectly honest… the heart of the rage is that you got something that others felt was exclusive to them. Letting you keep it would NOT have quenched the firestorm, and Arena.net knew it. If anything, it would have made the anger worse, because you would have something even MORE exclusive than what they had.

Sabyne.6329

Wait where in my post did I call anyone dumb? Take what you will from my post but I did not call a single person dumb.

Yeah saying people lack common sense isn’t exactly saying they are dumb right but almost the same and not certainly something you should say to someone who just got screwed over something they’re not responsible for.
Some people lost their previous expensive skins, makeover kits, bought new dyes, etc and the nicest thing you find to tell them is “you should have used your common sense” when all they did was purchase a skin from the gem store, sometimes with RWM. Good spirit.
I enjoy this game and won’t leave because there are people like you or the one whispering me earlier that lack a bit of empathy for other people. I find it a pity that some people react the way you do though and I will point it out everytime I find it opportunate to do so.

angelpaladin.7921

Let’s be perfectly honest… the heart of the rage is that you got something that others felt was exclusive to them. Letting you keep it would NOT have quenched the firestorm, and Arena.net knew it. If anything, it would have made the anger worse, because you would have something even MORE exclusive than what they had.

This pretty much sums it up lose a few now lose the game in a few months why risk losing everything.

There perfectly in there rights to not even refund you the gem’s obviously they will give you some compensation but they legal don’t have to. The sad thing is its not just video games its all kinds of things now. Have a cell phone? Technically speaking the contract you sign they don’t guarantee you service. Shoot when Anet bans someone from the game do you think they refund them?

Berelious.3290

Something to keep in mind… While there were plenty of people who may have been unhappy that the light armor looked a lot like the T3 human and thus are now happy that it’s going to be changed, there are going to be a lot of people who are equally unhappy about said change because they bought it or wanted it, and now can’t keep it (I am among these). I wanted that armor skin… badly in fact. I’m not angry at ANet for changing it, I can understand that they need to satisfy as many customers as possible. HOWEVER I AM KITTENED OFF AT THE PART OF THE COMMUNITY THAT OVERREACTED TO THIS AND IS KEEPING ME FROM GETTING IT!

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Let’s be perfectly honest… the heart of the rage is that you got something that others felt was exclusive to them.

Which is an issue with this community as a whole. I’ve played a lot of MMOs in my time and never before have I seen a community as selfish as this one. I thought Guild Wars 2 was meant to bring the community together but instead we have to deal with childish tantrums over somebody else getting to play with the toys. It’s ridiculous.

This game already suffers from a massive shortage of good looking armors. If they can do it well there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn’t drop the restrictions on the cultural armors entirely. In fact, I implore them to do just that and render this entire debacle a nonissue.

angelpaladin.7921

Something to keep in mind… While there were plenty of people who may have been unhappy that the light armor looked a lot like the T3 human and thus are now happy that it’s going to be changed, there are going to be a lot of people who are equally unhappy about said change because they bought it or wanted it, and now can’t keep it (I am among these). I wanted that armor skin… badly in fact. I’m not angry at ANet for changing it, I can understand that they need to satisfy as many customers as possible. HOWEVER I AM KITTENED OFF AT THE PART OF THE COMMUNITY THAT OVERREACTED TO THIS AND IS KEEPING ME FROM GETTING IT!

How about the part of the community that was upset about it being released cause they earned it? How about the part of the community that lost there fractal progression so everyone could be put on even keel? I guess there wants needs and desires are not as important as yours cause thats whats being implied?

Substance E.4852

The thing people don’t get is that if we let this slide then nothing is sacred anymore. every luxury item is up for grabs. People would be a lot less polarized if things like Foefire’s Essense or Mjölnir suddenly showed up in the gem store for 600gems a pop with a slightly different color scheme.

Then at that point, why even try to earn gold anymore? We might as well all just stand around in LA having naked dance parties while we wait for our favorite gear to make it onto the gemstone at a fraction of the cost.

(edited by Substance E.4852)