[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hchadw.1097

hchadw.1097

I just don’t understand this Value people keep mentioning…. From what i understand once you equip something you can no longer sell it so ……………. the armor really doesnt have a said value once used…… so…… hmmmm ……. cant see valid point…. I chose myself to take my own T3 human and copy over it with this new Lovely Re-skin of my Vintage T3………

I must say i will be VERY VERY speculative about anymore Gemstore purchases… and a very likely low rate of me spending ANY real money in this game in the future if i end losing both my T3 and my new Flame T3.

mabe anet should call some of the old devs back from gw1… it was moving in a good direction… this one seems to move backwards alot.

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

If so few people bought it and that it has now been removed. I don’t quite see what would be the problem of letting the people who bought it keep it. Chances are, there are so few of them you won’t even see it in game most of the time.

That would be far too logical lol

After all this you really think anet would put in a super duper limited edition armor with flame effects on a beloved skin and then never ever let people get it again?

I can maybe see the other two since they are far less popular but this would be a nightmare for them to deal with.

It’s also highly hypocritical since so many on the pro flame side seem to love ridiculing people on the other side for wanting “exclusive armor”. You can’t get much more exclusive than an armor that was only available for a few hours and then never ever again.

To be honest, I believe this skin was bought than much more than a hundred people. I was merely using their own argument against them. They try to make it sound like it’s a non issue because almost nobody had the time to buy it. If it’s the case I don’t see why it would bother them so much that we keep it so we don’t get screwed over a “mistake” made by Anet. What wrong would it do to them that a few hundred players get to keep a skin they enjoy and paid for? How egoist can one be really?

As for me, I’d rather have the skin stay the way it was and continue being sold with maybe other gem store cultural based skin in the future or even let this one be purchasable only by human character than all this current mess we’re in.
And I say that as someone with the emperor title so I bought my fair share of cultural armors in this game.

As for the current price, I agree it’s cheap now but gems value keep on rising and who knows maybe this set will cost 200g in a few month….

Posted by: Mnemon.6205

Mnemon.6205

Oh great now we have people saying because Im not mad i cant do math. About it being a T3 human <—-T3 owner myself …. …..yet i wasnt upset, those of us that dont care about the MMORPG elite-E-Thugness dont really care about cost/Rareness. I spent the gold on the T3…
I spent the gold on the transtones to convert it to Exotic….

Yet i was not mad about the release of the flamekiss T3 Clone… I bought it and upgraded my T3 Human look as soon as it was released.

It’s your money/time – if you don’t feel cheated about the price shift that’s your prerogative, but it doesn’t make your stance on it any more correct. Some of us do feel cheated about that, and people attacking those who feel ripped off look just as selfish being dismissive of that as they accuse us of being.

Also I don’t know about other people, but when I say ‘exclusive’ what I mean isn’t ‘look how much cooler I am than you’, it’s ‘do you have to go through the trouble of making another character to use this’. I originally wanted to make a norn character first off, but once I saw HT3 I had to have it, so it was human for me. Basically my character choice and gameplay since I got the game was guided by eventually getting my pulp fantasy ish armor…which then I find is devalued. I totally have a right to be angry because of that. I will note though, that it doesn’t mean I want to screw over the other players. It’s pretty unfortunate that the current solution is the one ANet is going with, but at the same time they have their integrity to maintain with their own policy.

I honestly do sympathize with the people who like the look and also feel cheated, not to mention the ones who are going to be potentially screwed out of other nice gear they reskinned over…but it’s really hard to keep ahold of that sympathy with the bratty spoiled-princess doesn’t-matter-what-the-others-lose-I-want-mine show I’m seeing in this thread and others. Those people are just mirroring the very attitude they claim to despise. Lol hypocrisy?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If so few people bought it and that it has now been removed. I don’t quite see what would be the problem of letting the people who bought it keep it. Chances are, there are so few of them you won’t even see it in game most of the time.

That would be far too logical lol

After all this you really think anet would put in a super duper limited edition armor with flame effects on a beloved skin and then never ever let people get it again?

I can maybe see the other two since they are far less popular but this would be a nightmare for them to deal with.

It’s also highly hypocritical since so many on the pro flame side seem to love ridiculing people on the other side for wanting “exclusive armor”. You can’t get much more exclusive than an armor that was only available for a few hours and then never ever again.

To be honest, I believe this skin was bought than much more than a hundred people. I was merely using their own argument against them. They try to make it sound like it’s a non issue because almost nobody had the time to buy it. If it’s the case I don’t see why it would bother them so much that we keep it so we don’t get screwed over a “mistake” made by Anet. What wrong would it do to them that a few hundred players get to keep a skin they enjoy and paid for? How egoist can one be really?

As for me, I’d rather have the skin stay the way it was and continue being sold with maybe other gem store cultural based skin in the future or even let this one be purchasable only by human character than all this current mess we’re in.
And I say that as someone with the emperor title so I bought my fair share of cultural armors in this game.

As for the current price, I agree it’s cheap now but gems value keep on rising and who knows maybe this set will cost 200g in a few month….

My personal choice would be to just open up all racial armor for their current prices with the flame armor for 120g as well. Anet opened up something they should have never touched and the only way to solve it is to power forward and go all the way but I don’t really see them doing that.

Itd be a crap load of work to get sylvari, asura, and charr armor to work universally but they did this to themselves.

Or they could just tweak the mesh of flamekissed enough that it has the same basic silhouette but is distinctive enough to not be the same armor + fire that it is now.
Everyone’s worried that anet took back their BMW and is going to replace it with a Ford when they could just as easily get a Ferrari. This is the same company that made the Kasmeer and original HT3 armor in the first place after all.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

To those who are concerned about losing a great skin (T3 human cultural with flame effects), I don’t think Anet will just sit around and discard the entire thing. Maybe they’ll put it back in the future as an upgrade of sorts for T3 or even as an Ascended skin. But if they do, they’d probably still make it race-exclusive. So go make your humans now! XD

I’m not entirely concerned about not being properly compensated at this point after buying the armor. As much as I dislike Anet now and the direction the game is headed, their customer support has been really good (to me and my friends) so far. Just be polite and specific and have screenies to back it up.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

hchadw.1097

Oh great now we have people saying because Im not mad i cant do math. About it being a T3 human <—-T3 owner myself …. …..yet i wasnt upset, those of us that dont care about the MMORPG elite-E-Thugness dont really care about cost/Rareness. I spent the gold on the T3…
I spent the gold on the transtones to convert it to Exotic….

Yet i was not mad about the release of the flamekiss T3 Clone… I bought it and upgraded my T3 Human look as soon as it was released.

It’s your money/time – if you don’t feel cheated about the price shift that’s your prerogative, but it doesn’t make your stance on it any more correct. Some of us do feel cheated about that, and people attacking those who feel ripped off look just as selfish being dismissive of that as they accuse us of being.

Also I don’t know about other people, but when I say ‘exclusive’ what I mean isn’t ‘look how much cooler I am than you’, it’s ‘do you have to go through the trouble of making another character to use this’. I originally wanted to make a norn character first off, but once I saw HT3 I had to have it, so it was human for me. Basically my character choice and gameplay since I got the game was guided by eventually getting my pulp fantasy ish armor…which then I find is devalued. I totally have a right to be angry because of that. I will note though, that it doesn’t mean I want to screw over the other players. It’s pretty unfortunate that the current solution is the one ANet is going with, but at the same time they have their integrity to maintain with their own policy.

I honestly do sympathize with the people who like the look and also feel cheated, not to mention the ones who are going to be potentially screwed out of other nice gear they reskinned over…but it’s really hard to keep ahold of that sympathy with the bratty spoiled-princess doesn’t-matter-what-the-others-lose-I-want-mine show I’m seeing in this thread and others. Those people are just mirroring the very attitude they claim to despise. Lol hypocrisy?

Im not saying that im anymore correct than anyone, or feel that i am. Just stating the facts..

Facts are some of us used this on expensive armor WE spent time and money on, But according to your logic our time and money shouldnt matter, Only the Code of Honorable Elitist Attitudes are right in all this.. when a good majority are people that are gonna get shafted if a group gets done right. Value is really only in the eye of the beholder. If i can make 50 Gold faster than you … i dont value gold as much as you so therefore, I should be shafted? your argument still dosnt make all that much sense…………….. a little but not much.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I feel bad for them, they really pay too much attention to these forums at times. Fiery light 3 armor was rather undesirable, only good for those who like fiery particles effects. The original was subjectively better really, and still “exclusive.”

You know what’s “exclusive”? Coming up with your own combo of skins when they work for your character (or perhaps being creative with dyes as well). Cultural skins are not “Exclusive” but expensive, and I only buy them when they look on my character-no “exclusivity” is ever sought, because none would be attained by doing so (do you honestly think human-the most played race-heavy T3 armor is “exclusive” by any means at this point?)

Now those who innocently liked the skin, liked it, and bought it will pay the price of those “offended” by ANet’s “evil” move that “proves” how “bad” a direction the game is taking (yep, it’s a negative community overreaction.) They no longer got what they paid for to appease the “exclusivity” masses that never had an exclusive item to begin with.

No offense to either side, I just feel badly for ANet in that they have their hands tied by popular opinion, as if this was ever a big issue-none of the “new” 3 armors were really great BECAUSE of the fiery particle effects.

You know what would be more important than this change? Fixing Charr cultural armor for all pieces so that it fits their race: Light T3 for them have a glaring problem with the tail, and a valid, REAL problem has never been taken care of by the graphics team. The problem addressed on this thread was merely a perceived problem of a extremely vocal few, as not 100% of humans use T3, and of those who do, not all cared that it was re-skinned to a fiery version-the Charr armor is a problem for every Charr that would want to use light T3 (now that would be an “exclusive” armor to choose, as almost no one wears it, I believe.)

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

I’m glad they listened to majority of the community and I’m sure they will find a solution for people who put the skin on their existing t3.

Star Ace.5207

I had tier 3 human cultural on my human elementalist, female. As soon as I saw the gem armor, I was really happy. I thought hey, my favourite armor in the game, now available to EVERYONE, with some cool-looking effects on it, too! Instead of being a kitten about “how exclusive and human-only this armor should be”, I said “thank you arenanet for making my elementalist look even more awesome, have my ten bucks”.

I am not as selfish as the majority of the community here. I prefer saying thank you, instead of “this skin is wrong”. In fact, if more t3 cultural armors would be remade, with extra animations (icy ones for the norn t3 heavy, electricity for asuras, etc), it would be freaking awesome. I don’t care if I have to pay gems or gold for it. I don’t care about who wears what. They’re skins. SKINS. Come on. You’re not gonna be paying attention to the skin while killing people in WvW or PvP, you just want the skin to look cool in Lion’s Arch!

But no, just because this community is selfish as hell, Arenanet are following what pleases their customers. And unfortunately, for them it’s the right decision. But I just want to add, that I just officially dislike this community a lot.

I really hope the new Flamekissed armor is awesome, because if it ain’t, I want my previous armor back.

Lol it’s like you people just can’t do basic math and comprehend the fact that it cost 1/3 the price of T3 armor.

Go through every post here and tally up the posts that complain about “exclusivity” and the ones pointing out how its the same armor for a fraction for the cost and I bet you you won’t find more folks complaining that other races can have the humans’ armor and a lot more people complaining about how their armor just droped in value by a whole lot because anet thought it should only be worth 60g after all.

Telling people they just have to deal with the items they earned dropping in value because you want something for cheap is also pretty kitten selfish and really eroding the sympathy I have for people who are having to deal with losing an armor they like.

I fail to see how your price argument has merit when the above people have already said they purchased T3. Value is not the issue. In fact there will still be people buying T3 human precisely because it doesn’t have the flame effect, or because they think the color patterning is different. The issue is that ANet was forced to remove an armor skin from the gem store and will be changing it because certain other community members had a tizzy because Human T3 had lost some of exclusivity, something which I think was long overdue. People wanted it. People paid for it. It’s not like the original is going anywhere, and it isn’t devalued. The people who wanted the gem store skin should still be able to get it. The people who already have it shouldn’t have it changed. I honestly have to feel sorry for the people at ANet for getting caught between this rock and hard place.

Precisely, I posted something similar before reading your post.

I am one of those who thinks the human original, still “exclusive” armor looks better because it doesn’t have the particles effects many seem to love, a crowd to which ANet was catering to with this sale (and I have nothing against that myself.)

(edited by Star Ace.5207)

Leo Paul.1659

I’m glad they listened to majority of the community and I’m sure they will find a solution for people who put the skin on their existing t3.

Yep, I trust their customer support actually. I may give them a very hard time in the forums but when it comes to tickets and such, they’re actually pretty reliable compared to all the other games I’ve played.

Posted by: Nanoko.1850

Nanoko.1850

As someone that had t3 before this release and bought the new skin and reskin it, im extremely kitten ed that I am not only about to lose the skin I just bought, but I am also about to lose my T3 completely when they decide to change it. PLUS the fact that anet has offered to put the new skin on SALE when its reposted is just an insult to injury.

We can contact consumer support for our 800 gems but we have no way of getting our old T3 skin back?

Thank you for telling me im about to spend all that money for a second time for t3 while you listen to a community where 99% of them didn’t buy the skin your changing. Although releasing a T3 skin was a bad idea and they have learned from their mistake, they did it and people bought it because they wanted it.Those that spent the money for the skin, let them keep it. It was up for less then 24 hours and just became the rarest in the game.

The ones kittening got their wish with getting it removed, but taking it away from everyone who already got it is a bad idea. Redo the skin, call it something else, and put it back up for sale, along with the bad reskins of heavy and leather.

Mnemon.6205

Im not saying that im anymore correct than anyone, or feel that i am. Just stating the facts..

Facts are some of us used this on expensive armor WE spent time and money on, But according to your logic our time and money shouldnt matter, Only the Code of Honorable Elitist Attitudes are right in all this.. when a good majority are people that are gonna get shafted if a group gets done right. Value is really only in the eye of the beholder. If i can make 50 Gold faster than you … i dont value gold as much as you so therefore, I should be shafted? your argument still dosnt make all that much sense…………….. a little but not much.

Once again, not elitist. My issues with this are a matter of access, which wasn’t equal (and the price diff). It’s not about e-thug points, it’s about fairness. ANet made it unfair to people who wanted that skin and got it, though some of them can write it off a lot more easily than others. ANet’s solution now isn’t very fair either, but short of them giving everyone open access to cultural armor now, this is not going to be resolved neatly in any way, and this way honors their longstanding previous attitude (“grind for it nugget”) the best.

It still looks like a hasty takeback on something they may have thought we’d let slip entirely though!

(edited by Mnemon.6205)

hchadw.1097

I hope your right. … I would much rather play this game and enjoy it than to play Support Ticket Tag with support and try to get this fixed…After the Mine Pick issue i want a break from support tag and play my game in PEACE!!!

I do think i understand why i spend most of my time playing this game alone… Community seems like it has a Bipolar complex at times!

Leo Paul.1659

As someone that had t3 before this release and bought the new skin and reskin it, im extremely kitten ed that I am not only about to lose the skin I just bought, but I am also about to lose my T3 completely when they decide to change it. PLUS the fact that anet has offered to put the new skin on SALE when its reposted is just an insult to injury.

We can contact consumer support for our 800 gems but we have no way of getting our old T3 skin back?

Thank you for telling me im about to spend all that money for a second time for t3 while you listen to a community where 99% of them didn’t buy the skin your changing. Although releasing a T3 skin was a bad idea and they have learned from their mistake, they did it and people bought it because they wanted it.Those that spent the money for the skin, let them keep it. It was up for less then 24 hours and just became the rarest in the game.

The ones kittening got their wish with getting it removed, but taking it away from everyone who already got it is a bad idea. Redo the skin, call it something else, and put it back up for sale, along with the bad reskins of heavy and leather.

I suggest you make a very detailed ticket and wait for their response. After this huge debacle I doubt they can afford to kitten off more customers for valid complaints.

Also, I wouldn’t jump to the conclusion that the improved T3 cultural is gone forever. They might incorporate it in the game again as an upgrade to existing ones or something like that. I’m just trying to be positive from this point on, since I will be submitting tickets too.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

wow you self entitled brats cried enough that people who liked the look are getting screwed. good job you whiny scumbags.

give people a choice Anet if they want to keep they look they can or they can get the “new” redesign flamekissed armor.

Substance E.4852

I had tier 3 human cultural on my human elementalist, female. As soon as I saw the gem armor, I was really happy. I thought hey, my favourite armor in the game, now available to EVERYONE, with some cool-looking effects on it, too! Instead of being a kitten about “how exclusive and human-only this armor should be”, I said “thank you arenanet for making my elementalist look even more awesome, have my ten bucks”.

I am not as selfish as the majority of the community here. I prefer saying thank you, instead of “this skin is wrong”. In fact, if more t3 cultural armors would be remade, with extra animations (icy ones for the norn t3 heavy, electricity for asuras, etc), it would be freaking awesome. I don’t care if I have to pay gems or gold for it. I don’t care about who wears what. They’re skins. SKINS. Come on. You’re not gonna be paying attention to the skin while killing people in WvW or PvP, you just want the skin to look cool in Lion’s Arch!

But no, just because this community is selfish as hell, Arenanet are following what pleases their customers. And unfortunately, for them it’s the right decision. But I just want to add, that I just officially dislike this community a lot.

I really hope the new Flamekissed armor is awesome, because if it ain’t, I want my previous armor back.

Lol it’s like you people just can’t do basic math and comprehend the fact that it cost 1/3 the price of T3 armor.

Go through every post here and tally up the posts that complain about “exclusivity” and the ones pointing out how its the same armor for a fraction for the cost and I bet you you won’t find more folks complaining that other races can have the humans’ armor and a lot more people complaining about how their armor just droped in value by a whole lot because anet thought it should only be worth 60g after all.

Telling people they just have to deal with the items they earned dropping in value because you want something for cheap is also pretty kitten selfish and really eroding the sympathy I have for people who are having to deal with losing an armor they like.

I fail to see how your price argument has merit when the above people have already said they purchased T3. Value is not the issue. In fact there will still be people buying T3 human precisely because it doesn’t have the flame effect, or because they think the color patterning is different. The issue is that ANet was forced to remove an armor skin from the gem store and will be changing it because certain other community members had a tizzy because Human T3 had lost some of exclusivity, something which I think was long overdue. People wanted it. People paid for it. It’s not like the original is going anywhere, and it isn’t devalued. The people who wanted the gem store skin should still be able to get it. The people who already have it shouldn’t have it changed. I honestly have to feel sorry for the people at ANet for getting caught between this rock and hard place.

Well thank god a few people said they were cool with the devaluing of their gear. I guess I’ll completely change my valid opinion for absolutely no reason.

A couple people say they don’t care about the cost: “No one cares about cost at all!”
A couple people say they do care about the cost: “Vocal minority!”

I swear, I’m about 1 more hypocrisy bloated post from just actively taunting people over their loss.

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

This is a thread about the exclusivity of T3 and I’m pointing out how selfish the whole thing is. If I can’t do basic math, then you basically can’t understand English.

Besides, gem prices can go up, gem prices can go down. If more awesome stuff like this was released, 800 gems would cost more than 120g. But you see, this community is easy to kitten off, because everyone is lazy and expects their “hard-earned money” (just LOL) to just pop out of nowhere.

I’ll say it again, I want my old armor back, unless the new Flamekissed armor is something extremely unique, awesome and “exclusive”, since some people like this word.

Also, animations and special effects on the T3 armor is a good idea. Why not just update the old vanilla ones?

Star Ace.5207

Perhaps they should offer players like you one of those items that restore original skins for free, as well as a gem refund, for your case is special indeed and deserves it, if the fiery skin is to be removed from the game to appease the slighted forum masses.

Khallis.5708

yeah the majority of kitten whiny self entitle brats who are complaining about people who payed real life money while they paid make believe money.

this forum is so “kitten -backwards” in every other game with micro-transactions people have no problem with either buying APPEARANCE items with either real money or ingame currency. however here people have a hissy fit.

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

This is a thread about the exclusivity of T3 and I’m pointing out how selfish the whole thing is. If I can’t do basic math, then you basically can’t understand English.

Besides, gem prices can go up, gem prices can go down. If more awesome stuff like this was released, 800 gems would cost more than 120g. But you see, this community is easy to kitten off, because everyone is lazy and expects their “hard-earned money” (just LOL) to just pop out of nowhere.

I’ll say it again, I want my old armor back, unless the new Flamekissed armor is something extremely unique, awesome and “exclusive”, since some people like this word.

Also, animations and special effects on the T3 armor is a good idea. Why not just update the old vanilla ones?

Sorry but it’s not selfish to expect your race to not be the only one that doesn’t have a unique t3 light cultural armor.

Substance E.4852

yeah the majority of kitten whiny self entitle brats who are complaining about people who payed real life money while they paid make believe money.

this forum is so “kitten -backwards” in every other game with micro-transactions people have no problem with either buying APPEARANCE items with either real money or ingame currency. however here people have a hissy fit.

I love how people act like it’s something not worth getting worked up over as they are getting worked up over it.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

The original hissyfit should never have happened in the first place, or if it did it should have covered them all since all 3 sets were re-skins. The fact that it only targeted the light because it was cultural was the biggest hypocrisy of them all. Forgive me if I feel that T3 didn’t loose it’s uniqueness at all, especially since it’s still there for all those that want it.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

hchadw.1097

Once again, not elitist. My issues with this are a matter of access, which wasn’t equal (and the price diff). It’s not about e-thug points, it’s about fairness. ANet made it unfair to people who wanted that skin and got it, though some of them can write it off a lot more easily than others. ANet’s solution now isn’t very fair either, but short of them giving everyone open access to cultural armor now, this is not going to be resolved neatly in any way, and this way honors their longstanding previous attitude (“grind for it nugget”) the best.

It still looks like a hasty takeback on something they may have thought we’d let slip entirely though!

I get what ur saying… so hard to open a can of worms and then put the top back on :-)
I guess i just feel a little less offended at it than most.. I already had T3, sure.. I felt a little Argh really t3 on gemstore when i first seen it after what i went through to get mine and trans it over.. but i guess i got over it quicker than most and said.. Hey thats pretty i want that..

I always had a beef with the human T3 cause you could dye the Pants Jewels Different from the Main portion of the legs so i was more than happy to apply that skin and spend my gems on it .

I get the reasons for the outcrying and such but cant understand how and why people act like someone just ran there favorite dog when they see people get things nice.

I Mean really if this community is so concerned about looking prestigious and unique… how come everybody is running around with the same legendary Greatsword..
I see so many i myself am sick of em and dont even want one just so i can look different.

Just feels like they are listening to a bunch of people that all have the same weps and armor screaming about being unique when they all look the same anyways. Its like cutting your nose off to spite your face..

Just dont make no sense at all!

Substance E.4852

The original hissyfit should never have happened in the first place, or if it did it should have covered them all since all 3 sets were re-skins. The fact that it only targeted the light because it was cultural was the biggest hypocrisy of them all.

lol anyone can get the heavy and hobo set for cheap and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who even likes them at all.

Complaining that armor that was already universal is now universal is kind of pointless.

Morinmeth.9823

Sorry but it’s not selfish to expect your race to not be the only one that doesn’t have a unique t3 light cultural armor.

So if all T3 armors were to be gem-store items with special effects (or even legendary armors that will take you 6 months to get them. I don’t care.) and they could be worn by anyone, you’d be OK with it? I bet most people here wouldn’t be ok with it, out of selfishness. That’s what I’m saying.

Nanoko.1850

customer support got back to me, they will not be offering a way to get back an old T3 skin, if you want it back after the change, you will have to rebuy the skin. the only thing that will be offered is the refund of 800 gems and an automatic reskin when the new one is put in.

Thank you crusaders and anet, you just screwed people out of even more gold.

(edited by Nanoko.1850)

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Keeping this on topic with the OP’s thread title about this armor not being exclusive, I sorry but I have to say that the “exclusive” factor is far from a valid excuse to not like the armor that -used- to be there. What was so exclusive about an armor you literally saw every three seconds? Everyone practically already had it, so I didn’t see why anyone else shouldn’t have it. Same with the HCT3 Medium. I saw a sylvari today in the flamekissed armor and it was honestly one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen. But now that’s finished. Value? I can see that argument, but uniqueness? That went out the window as soon as you picked a human female light armor class to begin with. Because most generally go toward the same armor sets whether it be whole or mix and match.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

(edited by RedSpectrum.1975)

Khallis.5708

The original hissyfit should never have happened in the first place, or if it did it should have covered them all since all 3 sets were re-skins. The fact that it only targeted the light because it was cultural was the biggest hypocrisy of them all. Forgive me if I feel that T3 didn’t loose it’s uniqueness at all, especially since it’s still there for all those that want it.

the Hissyfit should never have happened in the first place because there is no reason for a Hissyfit. if someone wants to pay 10 dollars for appearance gear they should be able to, hell i think Anet should open ALL armor looks for 10 bucks a pop (dungeon culteral, PVP). and tell the self-entitled brats on this forum if you don’t want to spend the 10 bucks then buy it with in game currency, like every other MMO with micro-transactions.

Berelious.3290

The original hissyfit should never have happened in the first place, or if it did it should have covered them all since all 3 sets were re-skins. The fact that it only targeted the light because it was cultural was the biggest hypocrisy of them all.

lol anyone can get the heavy and hobo set for cheap and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who even likes them at all.

Complaining that armor that was already universal is now universal is kind of pointless.

So basically you’re saying it’s ok to revamp one kind of skin but not another?

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Berelious.3290

the Hissyfit should never have happened in the first place because there is no reason for a Hissyfit. if someone wants to pay 10 dollars for appearance gear they should be able to, hell i think Anet should open ALL armor looks for 10 bucks a pop (dungeon culteral, PVP). and tell the self-entitled brats on this forum if you don’t want to spend the 10 bucks then buy it with in game currency, like every other MMO with micro-transactions.

You know Khallis, I think I’m starting to like you.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Mnemon.6205

Well thank god a few people said they were cool with the devaluing of their gear. I guess I’ll completely change my valid opinion for absolutely no reason.

A couple people say they don’t care about the cost: “No one cares about cost at all!”
A couple people say they do care about the cost: “Vocal minority!”

I swear, I’m about 1 more hypocrisy bloated post from just actively taunting people over their loss.

People are just raging out that their new awesome look being direct salt to the wound of an old awesome look whose buy-in had been an issue for a long time, is having consequences. ANet may want to look for a more elegant solution.

Lemme tell you, if I could have just paid 10 bucks for the skin on the get-go and bypassed Firenzia’s highway robbery without having to get transmutation crystals off the gem store to boot, I would have been very pleased. I certainly paid for Profane skins. Oh no, one less cheap restaurant lunch I can have!

Khallis.5708

its not selfish expecting that ganathar, it was anets fault they decided to release the skins they did, BUT, the crusade worked, the skin is gone and they will probably never release another t3 skin. However, people did spend the money, anet should not be taking the skin for the people that did get it within the short time it was up.

this, my wife is actually quite kitten ed because she loves the look of this gear she bought it as soon as soon as she saw it. now that they are talking about taking away she is upset.

maybe those that bought the skin should go on a crusade like the brats did to get this removed to give those that BOUGHT a skin a voice.

hchadw.1097

Keeping this on topic with the OP’s thread title about this armor not being exclusive, I sorry but I have to say that the "exclusive: factor is far from a valid excuse to not like the armor that -used- to be there. What was so exclusive about an armor you literally saw every three seconds? Everyone practically already had it, so I didn’t see why anyone else shouldn’t have it. Same with the HCT3 Medium. I saw a sylvari today in the falekissed armor and it was honestly one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen. But now that’s finished. Value? I can see that argument, but uniqueness? That went out the window as soon as you picked a human female light armor class to begin with. Because most generally go toward the same armor sets whether it be whole or mix and match.

So true… basically Light armor choices was 16th century prostitute, to 20th century prostitute, to 21st Century Prostitute on fire. LoLz

hchadw.1097

its not selfish expecting that ganathar, it was anets fault they decided to release the skins they did, BUT, the crusade worked, the skin is gone and they will probably never release another t3 skin. However, people did spend the money, anet should not be taking the skin for the people that did get it within the short time it was up.

this, my wife is actually quite kitten ed because she loves the look of this gear she bought it as soon as soon as she saw it. now that they are talking about taking away she is upset.

maybe those that bought the skin should go on a crusade like the brats did to get this removed to give those that BOUGHT a skin a voice.

yeah i think most are prolly about ready to tell anet to play the Skin-Flute!

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

I dont think unique-ness or hypocrisy mean what you think they mean.

If human T3 exists, and then another set that is almost exactly like human t3 is introduced, the original set certainly loses “unique-ness”; especially considering its no longer race locked.

the fact that the complaints centered around this specific set are not a hypocrisy, given that the complaint was not just about rediculously lazy reskins on anets part, but about the introduction of race-only gold-only items becoming available for all races for cash that equates to far less than the gold value of the set. the other items were already available for all races and werent cost prohibitive. Because the situations between these sets are not the same, this isnt a case of hypocrisy.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Berelious.3290

ANet isn’t completely at fault in this. Don’t forget this would never have happened if certain members of the community hadn’t had a bunch of cows, kittens, puppies, and a conniption for good measure.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Substance E.4852

Yes I am.

If you seriously can’t understand the difference between a couple thousand karma or 60badge armor set, a 950Badge+5.44g armor set, and a 120g+crystals(~40g) racial armor set then I really don’t know what kind of discussion we could possibly have.

Nanoko.1850

how is anet not completely at fault when they are the ones that chose what skin to release to begin with, and are now the ones deciding what to do about the situation?

Star Ace.5207

I’m glad they listened to majority of the community and I’m sure they will find a solution for people who put the skin on their existing t3. this forum is so “kitten -backwards” in every other game with micro-transactions people have no problem with either buying APPEARANCE items with either real money or

ingame currency. however here people have a hissy fit.

I love how people act like it’s something not worth getting worked up over as they are getting worked up over it.

I am not “worked up” over it, but it’s indeed a bad situation for a few players based on overly emotional complaints of many (and I am not one to belittle emotions, as they are often valid-just that the way they were expressed on this forums are rather immature.) If it’s unfair to those few, some of us get upset at said unfairness (it’s not about gems or “Exclusivity”, but about people having paid for something they will no longer receive-light T3 doesn’t count, because people still got the original armor without the particle effects, which IS what they paid for, and is still exclusive to humans.)

This doesn’t concern me at all, as I wasn’t interested on getting either version myself (been playing since the 3-day headstart, never cared that much for cultural save for a few exceptions)-for my money, the only “advantage” of the fiery “T3” was its comparative affordability, as (IMHO) the fiery particles DEVALUED the original, but if some people like such effects, who are we to complain?

Morinmeth.9823

ANet isn’t completely at fault in this. Don’t forget this would never have happened if certain members of the community hadn’t had a bunch of cows, kittens, puppies, and a conniption for good measure.

This. Unfortunately, Arenanet is just following what the community asks for. It’s not the company’s problem, trying to please the customers, the problem is that the customers are… well, don’t get me started.

Khallis.5708

Yes I am.

If you seriously can’t understand the difference between a couple thousand karma or 60badge armor set, a 950Badge+5.44g armor set, and a 120g+crystals(~40g) racial armor set then I really don’t know what kind of discussion we could possibly have.

real life money > make believe money. ask any economist.

Mnemon.6205

I get what ur saying… so hard to open a can of worms and then put the top back on :-)
I guess i just feel a little less offended at it than most.. I already had T3, sure.. I felt a little Argh really t3 on gemstore when i first seen it after what i went through to get mine and trans it over.. but i guess i got over it quicker than most and said.. Hey thats pretty i want that..

I always had a beef with the human T3 cause you could dye the Pants Jewels Different from the Main portion of the legs so i was more than happy to apply that skin and spend my gems on it .

I get the reasons for the outcrying and such but cant understand how and why people act like someone just ran there favorite dog when they see people get things nice.

I Mean really if this community is so concerned about looking prestigious and unique… how come everybody is running around with the same legendary Greatsword..
I see so many i myself am sick of em and dont even want one just so i can look different.

Just feels like they are listening to a bunch of people that all have the same weps and armor screaming about being unique when they all look the same anyways. Its like cutting your nose off to spite your face..

Just dont make no sense at all!

I don’t want a Eternity either. I wouldn’t mind norn heavy T3 though, for a not-norn. It’s one of a few I’d like that I don’t want to make a character specifically to get. But to be honest this whole thing doesn’t look like a slow release of the cultural floodgate, it looks like a moneygrab that caught the wrong type of attention. ANet should turn it into a release of cultural armor, but I doubt they will. If they say they’re gonna do that, then fine. Put Flamekiss back on the market. We can all have flaming panties. I was actually thinking of getting one despite feeling ripped off by ANet for some future zerker set, but that ain’t happening now. I can only imagine the horror of losing the Firenzia-robs-you-of-120-gold skin on top of that, but hopefully they’ll address that.

hchadw.1097

True not Completely at fault, but now they just look incompetent which IMO is worse.
which is why they need to try their best to make everyone happy and not just do exactly what one group is requesting.

Should look for a way to make everyone happy, Those that want it keep it, those that want to change it can, those that want to keep the exclusivity of the classic vintage one. Mabe give those that bought the t3 human armor gold equal to the value in transmutation stones, i dunno im just spitting out ideas?

Substance E.4852

how is anet not completely at fault when they are the ones that chose what skin to release to begin with, and are now the ones deciding what to do about the situation?

Because apparently anet is our soulless puppet that we can just order around with QQ’s of Influencing +5 it seems.

Leo Paul.1659

customer support got back to me, they will not be offering a way to get back an old T3 skin, if you want it back after the change, you will have to rebuy the skin. the only thing that will be offered is the refund of 800 gems and an automatic reskin when the new one is put in.

Oh, that is just unfortunate… The only time I tried to support Anet and they respond with this. LOL I will never have your back again Anet.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

Yay for Squeaky Wheels and Oil!

All I need now are several hundred posts from everyone who wants the cultural norn armor that has been clipping on “larger” females since beta…and they might actually fix them at last.

Huzzah!

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Mnemon.6205

Oh, that is just unfortunate… The only time I tried to support Anet and they respond with this. LOL I will never have your back again Anet.

That’s so kitten they should just rescind the Flamekiss revocation.

Leo Paul.1659

I want my 800 gems + my hairstyle kit + phoenix armor set + mask of the crown back. >:-(

They better make the new flamekiss set look really good and NOT clip with the hairstyle I chose after I bought the skin. 800 gems is not enough compensation!

hchadw.1097

Wow in that case i guess im gonna get 800 gems back…. guess no cash spent in this game anymore since they clearly dont have control over their own content and are now the cause me to loose both my Old and New T3…. .. Pffft

Gonna play and get the free stuff for now on… we cant win in SkinWars2

(edited by hchadw.1097)

Berelious.3290

So now one portion of the community has essentially walked off with another portions spent assets… Thanks for nothing guys. I’m sure there will be lots of people who will appreciate you immensely for that.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]