Cultural Legendary

Cultural Legendary

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rastos.3812

Rastos.3812

So only posting this in the hopes a DEV might read and maybe it will catch on. I know that there are talks of new legendary weapons in the future. Why not make a way to get a cultural legendary? Say like get one of the originals like Bifrost which is a bit weird, but have a way through a little, and I stress LITTLE bit more work, upgrade to say like a bad kitten Norn Staff or whatever. Just a suggestion and interested to see what others have to say. I think it will add a bit more variety to the game as well as give my Norn Necro a chance at a cool staff. I understand the bifrost meaning, and it kinda ties to Norns, but man, just doesn’t do it for me. Plus it won’t be long and everyone will have a Dusk or Dawn or incinerator.

Reaper/Berserker/Dragon Hunter/Daredevil/Rev/Druid.
Ebay Server.

Cultural Legendary

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

Not a bad idea actually. I’d like to see more variety in the Legendaries. The ones that exist are pretty impressive, for sure, but thematically none of them fit with my main so I’m not interested yet. Where’s the Sylvari-themed Staff with living vines constantly intertwining?

Cultural Legendary

Posted by: pyrakitt.8076

pyrakitt.8076

The cultural weapons are a bit of a joke, so cultural themed Legendaries would be an interesting idea.

Your speaking of making a Legendary and then taking it back to your people and making it have a cultural theme? The problem you have with Bifrost I’d have with Kudzu and any Sylvari. Basically it already fits the “theme”…

I’d like more Legendaries flat out. Make them the same requirements as the current ones but maybe substitute some item sold by the armor vendors so it’s locked to that race.

Cultural Legendary

Posted by: Rastos.3812

Rastos.3812

The cultural weapons are a bit of a joke, so cultural themed Legendaries would be an interesting idea.

Your speaking of making a Legendary and then taking it back to your people and making it have a cultural theme? The problem you have with Bifrost I’d have with Kudzu and any Sylvari. Basically it already fits the “theme”…

I’d like more Legendaries flat out. Make them the same requirements as the current ones but maybe substitute some item sold by the armor vendors so it’s locked to that race.

Exactly. So say I have Bifrost complete, or any of them. After I equip the weapon a quest chain opens through my home city. It could be challenging but they could also make it interesting. Of course I would have to say to stay away from anymore grinding stacks of 250 whatever or 100 whatever lodestone. Make it all completely related to whatever culture you are. Or like you said, make one of the components different and lock the weapon to the race.

Reaper/Berserker/Dragon Hunter/Daredevil/Rev/Druid.
Ebay Server.