Currency Exchange Vendor

Currency Exchange Vendor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

This is an idea I’d like feedback on (and I really don’t care if you slam it or not, just be sure to explain WHY it’s bad or good):

There are currently 16 “currencies” in the wallet. Is there a reason we can’t exchange between all of them? For example, what if you could buy Transmutation Charges with Guild Commendations, or Karma with Fractal Relics, or one set of dungeon tokens for another, or ANY combination. I know we can do gold to gems and back, but I’m curious if it would be a good idea to do this across the board. There have GOT to be people with an abundance of one (like Fractal Relics or Badges of Honor or Guild Commendations) that have absolutely no way of redeeming them in a way that benefits their gaming preference.

Sure, a lot of people would exchange everything for gold, but is it REALLY that bad? I realize there probably will be people like, “This is a HORRIBLE idea”, and I’m fine with that. But since most of those people already hate the game and complain in other threads, please at least post WHY this is a bad idea (and you can ignore the point about, “Anet wants you to acquire tokens a certain way”) because I already understand that aspect. I’m just tying to consider a different approach to existing currencies that might be helpful to MOST of the player base.

Currency Exchange Vendor

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Everything is already able to be converted to gold. The only exception is Fractal relics, and those can be converted into Tomes or Obsi shards.

Currency Exchange Vendor

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

It’s done this way on purpose, and most currencies are able to be converted to gold, just indirectly. Yes is REALLY is that bad if you could just swap currencies all the time.

Want Fractal relics? Run the fractal. Want Karma? Join EOTM or play open world. Want a particular dungeon armor? Run that dungeon. It baffles me you think it’s logical to be able to run something like AC for example, then buy Arah armor.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Currency Exchange Vendor

Posted by: Endrance.1680

Endrance.1680

It baffles me you think it’s logical to be able to run something like AC for example, then buy Arah armor.

100% In agreement with you here. AC and CoF are the two most frequented dungeons, I believe, and the paths can be done very easily and quickly. If you were able to swap one dungeon’s tokens for another, it would make the existence of say Arah for instance, totally unecessary. As Flissy said, if you want it, work for it.

Currency Exchange Vendor

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Arah existence is already unnecessary. I got all my Arah gear from PvP.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Currency Exchange Vendor

Posted by: Endrance.1680

Endrance.1680

For those of us that hate PvP (myself) Arah is necessary and the dungeon itself is a good time.

But this has nothing to do with the thread.

Currency Exchange Vendor

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Arah existence is already unnecessary. I got all my Arah gear from PvP.

Until you try to craft a Legendary that requires the gift bought only via Arah tokens. And it wasnt gear you got, but the skins. You only have the lookalikes while players who run Arah have the real thing

Currency Exchange Vendor

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

It’s done this way on purpose, and most currencies are able to be converted to gold, just indirectly. Yes is REALLY is that bad if you could just swap currencies all the time.

Want Fractal relics? Run the fractal. Want Karma? Join EOTM or play open world. Want a particular dungeon armor? Run that dungeon. It baffles me you think it’s logical to be able to run something like AC for example, then buy Arah armor.

It’s funny. I said in my OP that THIS was exactly what I understood already. Clearly you didn’t actually read what I wrote. Thanks anyway.

Currency Exchange Vendor

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Primary reason for multiple currencies is to tie specific rewards to specific activities. You can’t buy that dungeon armor if you don’t run that dungeon. If you don’t do events or renowned hearts, you don’t get Karma to spend at Karma vendors who unlock from completing events. Just two examples.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes