Current DDE/Collector's don't get new bonus?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

So my understanding is that the current digital deluxe edition owners/collector’s edition owner’s don’t get access to the new things in the heroic edition and the new version of the digital deluxe?

I’m not trying to be greedy but that seems a little unfair. We paid for our DDE/CE and got certain things, yet someone who pays for the exact same thing now, gets more? I wont exactly miss it either way, as I have no interest in the armour and can just do a fractal to get a bigger box.

Looking for an official response along with other players perspectives. Do you guys think it’s unfair or am I just looking at it wrong?

noice

Posted by: XcmGT.3847

XcmGT.3847

No it is not unfair…sales and bundles happen all the time.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

So my understanding is that the current digital deluxe edition owners/collector’s edition owner’s don’t get access to the new things in the heroic edition and the new version of the digital deluxe?

I’m not trying to be greedy but that seems a little unfair. We paid for our DDE/CE and got certain things, yet someone who pays for the exact same thing now, gets more? I wont exactly miss it either way, as I have no interest in the armour and can just do a fractal to get a bigger box.

Looking for an official response along with other players perspectives. Do you guys think it’s unfair or am I just looking at it wrong?

You got certain things A YEAR AGO, key thing to understand. The only new addition is boosts (which by now you’ve should have gotten dozens, if not hundreds through normal gameplay), a set of armor from the first set put into the Gem Store (which is still there to purchase and costs roughly 20g, something easily obtainable if you’ve been in the game sense launch), and an extra large bag (which we the players got free large bags from the Karka event, Wintersday, and I think Halloween too).

Basically look at it as $12-15 worth of Gem Store items -preselected, of course- for free with purchase of the game. It’s a perk used to obtain new customers. Current customers have already gotten tons of content worth within the game for free; and gem purchasers have even gotten free additions for their purchases like the Dragon Bash minis and the spring kites.

Try to look at from both a business perspective and a logical perspective; don’t look at it from a customer who’s purchased the game at a time, but neglects everything between that time and now.

(edited by Siphaed.9235)

Posted by: P One Gore.2304

P One Gore.2304

What new things?

Looking at the list, it’s stuff we already have in the game.

In my opinion, yes, you are looking at this wrong. We already paid for the game months ago, why should we get new perks for doing so (that isn’t named birthday gifts that’s coming out)?

Edited: My mistake, I was under the assumption that the Legacy armor was the Heritage armor skins for playing GW1.

Tarnished Coast ~ Crimson Illuminati
Human: Seton Stamos-Thief/Angeni Stamos-Ranger
Norn: Anska Warborn-Warrior

(edited by P One Gore.2304)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

We have access to them, we just have to buy them separately from the gem store (or in the case of the bag the TP).

I would have thought anyone who really wanted them would have the armor skins by now, since they’ve been in the store since launch. I’d be very surprised if anyone doesn’t have a heap of boosters. I’ve never bought a black lion key and I have 8 or so spare in my bank right now, on top of all the ones I’ve used for levelling alts.

The bag is nice, but as someone else said existing players have been given free bags from the karka, winterday and Flame & Frost events, and if not have probably bought at least 1 18 or 20 slot bag.

Personally I looked through the stuff in the new edition and shrugged it off as the kind of things that only really appeal to people who don’t know enough about the game to be able to judge how good it is (or isn’t). Perfect for a new edition, which is afterall being sold to people who don’t own the game and will have only played the free trial (or nothing at all) but I was honestly surprised to see existing players wanting it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”