"Purchase funds" covers gem custom exchange

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Elfrieda.3416

Elfrieda.3416

Q:

When opening the “custom exchange” tab in the Black Lion Trading centre, I find that the number bar on the right hand side (the gems one) cannot be altered because it is obscured by an invisible “purchase funds” link. This means that to get any more gems with gold and not real money, I would have to purchase 400 at once and no more or less. This only began occurring today (August 27th) and did not correct itself on restarting the game, re-opening the Black Lion or changing character.

Has anyone else been having trouble with this, or is it just my bricked laptop playing sillies?

Ever in honour of Wolf

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I have the same issue.

Can’t do custom number of gems. I have to purchase 400 gems outright.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: wulfheart.8206

wulfheart.8206

I just noticed it after a guild mate told me about it. Yeah, instead of allowing you to choose the amount of gems you want it automatically opens the payment page, the same screen you get when you click the “Buy More Gems” button.

Genius by birth. Lazy by choice.
Gate of Madness
Avran Wulfheart [Human Guardian] Havoc [HVC]

Posted by: achilleez.2750

achilleez.2750

Can confirm, also having this problem. Unable to select custom quantity just straight to purchase page.

Posted by: billanator.1259

billanator.1259

Same. Was about to curse a storm with Anet conspiracy, but now see it as a bug.

Posted by: Elfrieda.3416

Elfrieda.3416

Hmm. Well I hope it comes to the attention of the devs, at the very least. With 870/1000 gems (for the molten axe, with any luck) it sucks a wee bit at the minute.

Ever in honour of Wolf

Posted by: Longfolius.6835

Longfolius.6835

Hmm, just made a post about this, I think I should probably remove it after seeing this post. The only work around atm is having a friend, lending you gold so you can alter the number.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I need one more gem to get 1k gems, and the interface will not allow me to input anything because it starts at 400 gems, which I can not afford.

If I mouse over the section where i should be able to input 1 gem, It says get more funds, and clicking takes me to the page where i must input credit card information to buy gems.

I just want one kittening gem…. this is ridiculous.

Attachments:

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

You mean you can’t change the ‘400’ to ‘1’? It works fine for me.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can find a thread addressing this issue in the Bugs sub-forum.

Good luck.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This may be a dumb question, but it’s not allowing you to backspace where it has the number 400 to make that a 1?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Mark.3102

Mark.3102

Have the same problem, I can only buy 400 through the custom exchange

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

You mean you can’t change the ‘400’ to ‘1’? It works fine for me.

It absolutely will not work if you have less gold than it costs to convert to 400gems.
(something like 85-90g)

The reason it probably worked for you no problem is because you have over 85g.

I was finally able to bypass this garbage by getting a friend to send me 100g temporarily, so that I could actually click on the input value, and then just sent the gold back to my friend after I bought my one gem.

This may be a dumb question, but it’s not allowing you to backspace where it has the number 400 to make that a 1?

Correct, since you cannot click on the number to change it without being taken to the buy money with your credit card page if you have less than the amount of gold needed to buy 400gems.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

That thing is poorly designed anyway. When you backspace through the 400, it automatically becomes a one and then that 1 can’t be cleared unless you type more numbers in that slot and then backspace through the 1. It’s a very inelegant design. As clumsy as it is, I’m not surprised it bugs when your gold is less than the amount to buy 400 gems.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

This is very unfortunate. My daughter wanted to buy those wings. She needed just 100 gems. Because of this bug she put the amount to the wrong side and now needs 204 gems. The financial loss is minimal, but it is very frustrating.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

If you have less gold than what is needed to convert to 400 gems, the edit area is blacked out and once you click on the “edit area” it automatically opens the credit card window. To reproduce this behavior, have less gold than necessary to convert 400 gems.

Stay classy, ArenaNet…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: LolAsdOmgAfk.8256

LolAsdOmgAfk.8256

Same bug here, amount of gems is locked to 400 gems. When i click to change amount of gems, purchase window pops up saying me to spend real money to buy gems. And i need only 100 gems…

Posted by: azanelilybone.4089

azanelilybone.4089

Having the same problem, only needed 13 more gems to get a few transmutation charges :\ after getting the wedding dress package I can’t justify spending a whole other $10, c’mon, it’s not like Anet was losing any money on this kind of transaction..

Posted by: Zeenie.9230

Zeenie.9230

yeah plz fix this annoying bug fast, i only need 100 gem, but it blocked by this “purchase funds” thingy

Posted by: Gathbard.6904

Gathbard.6904

As just posted here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Unable-to-custom-exchange-gems/first#post5422299

I think I found what’s causing it:

If you don’t have the minimum amount of gold to get 400 gems (currently 90 gold) the game prevents you from setting a custom value.

I had 50 gold and I was having the same issue. I sold some stuff on the TP and reached 92 gold. At that point I was able to change the value from 400 gems to anything I wanted, even 2 gems.
Then I bought a couple of exotics, which sent me back to 88 gold. I was unable to set a custom gem amount once again.

I’m not sure this is the definitive reason because I don’t know if only <90 gold owners are experiencing the problem, but that would explain why only a few people are having it.

Pretty sure it is a bug and not working as intended.

(edited by Gathbard.6904)

Posted by: Think.8042

Think.8042

Yeah, how exactly did this happen?

“Make the interface unclickable unless the person has enough funds to buy one of our preset amounts. Also make it unclickable if you accidentally enter a higher than affordable number of gems since the entry form doesn’t allow you to remove the last character.”

I also just sent around some gold to be able to use the menu again…

Posted by: Mr Smith.9173

Mr Smith.9173

Thanks for fixing it.

Posted by: LolAsdOmgAfk.8256

LolAsdOmgAfk.8256

I’m still experiencing the bug, actually I don’t find any friend with almost 100g to send to anyone, and frankly, i find quite absurd that I’m forced to do this crazy workaround to buy just 100 gems (since i can’t buy 100 gems anyway, even with real money).