Customisable ''Sell Junk'' (Do you agree?)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stillstanden.5874

Stillstanden.5874

Dear Guild Wars 2 community,

Hear me out for a moment.

Like myself you may accumulate a lot of ’’JUNK’’ ie. worthless materials and upgrade components. I’m tired of individually selling these items.

I would like the option to ‘’List items as junk’’.

This would remove a chore none of us enjoy doing. Please bump this post so people can see our suggestion.

-Stillstanden

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

??

I will bump but I don’t get it. It’s a single click at the vendor to sell your junk.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

He/she wants to be able to classify any item as ‘junk’ permanently, making it easier to vendor sell.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

If that’s the case, it’s a neat idea.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

….I don’t get it, just press the sell junk button and then double click whatever item you don’t want simple and easy.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

that is a good idea

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i would love to see that!

especially since the Salvage-Kits “nerf” where it salvages even more worthless sigils & runes

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I would love to mark all the runes and sigil from blues and green as junk along with leather.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’d mark blue/green sigils and runes as junk in a heartbeat, because that’s what they are.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

What happens if the item you personally mark as junk suddenly becomes of value on the TP due to a stat change?

Also, I have a feeling that having a long, long list on everybody’s account as what is junk to them might slow the servers down. Remember there are literally thousands of different possibilities, from minor runes to all the various levels and stat choices of blue & green weapons/armour.

But I think it might be better when you sell to a vendor if you have a tick box next to each one, and have a ‘Sell Selected Items’ instead, so there’s no overhaul to make a list of every single possible item in game.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

This would be really great, along with a “consume all luck” button and “salvage all salvagable non-rare and non-exotic items” button!

Stillstanden.5874

What happens if the item you personally mark as junk suddenly becomes of value on the TP due to a stat change?

Its a risk you’d take. I’d imagine a system where you could deselect ’’Junk’’ items as well as selecting them.

Also, I have a feeling that having a long, long list on everybody’s account as what is junk to them might slow the servers down. Remember there are literally thousands of different possibilities, from minor runes to all the various levels and stat choices of blue & green weapons/armour.

But I think it might be better when you sell to a vendor if you have a tick box next to each one, and have a ‘Sell Selected Items’ instead, so there’s no overhaul to make a list of every single possible item in game.

Yes, thats exactly what we need! I don’t imagine it’d be hard to do either. Thanks for your feedback! I hope a dev sees this.

Julie Yann.5379

That is kind of how I imagined it would work. Just a separate tab in the vendors menu where you select stuff to auto-sell.

Stillstanden.5874

Even if it remembered your previously sold items and had a tab where you could review them. You’d be able to uncheck them from sell automatically if say an item changed in value to you.

Julie Yann.5379

Even if it remembered your previously sold items and had a tab where you could review them. You’d be able to uncheck them from sell automatically if say an item changed in value to you.

Then you lose out and it’s your own fault for not managing your kitten. This would be a huge QOL improvement.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I prefer to drag all my junk into a bag at the bottom. Then when I go to a trader I just click through the list for that bag because I already know it only contains junk and things like minor sigils. I try to have the last sellable thing above be something that is not too valuable.

This gives me a chance to see what is there and a second chance when I sell it. It would be handy to be able to sort things into that bag but is not onerous to do it manually.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

So what this suggestion is saying is, lets us spend some period of time going through our inventory in order to right click then left click specific items to classify them as junk so that when we get to a vendor we can sell the junk in one click.

As opposed to the going to the vendor and spending some period of time going through out inventory in the vendor screen and either selecting individual items then clicking sell, or just double clicking those select items, and also clicking junk to sell the junk.

I’m not seeing how this is a time saver, or in any way more productive. Is it because it allows us to spend this minor amount of extra effort in the field when we might be waiting for something instead? Because generally in those circumstances I am waiting to do the thing that will give me the junk, not waiting with the junk I’ll be receiving.

tl;dr, This seems pointless, and just a shuffling of time rather than a time saver.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I would like the option to ‘’List items as junk’’.

This would remove a chore none of us enjoy doing. Please bump this post so people can see our suggestion.

Get yourself an oiled leather bag, then all of the junk will go in there – after a while you know what item is junk and what isn’t, so you basically don’t need the bag anymore.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Kal, the system the OP is suggesting would remember the things that you consider junk. They would be added to the junk category, going forward.(Unless you took them back out.)
I personally like the idea, but I think that the problem Anet would have with it is, “It’s not fool-proof enough”. That is, someone might accidentally mark an expensive item (silk scraps, a precursor) as junk and accidentally auto-sell it. Yeah, it would really be their fault, but Anet tends to want things to be very bullet-proof.
Also there are a lot of items, so this might be fairly difficult to implement, or end up having an unwieldy, hard to use interface.
Once again, I think that this is a good idea. I’m just telling you the problems Anet would have with it, and why they probably won’t do it.(Even though it would be a nice thing to have for most of us.)

Edit: +1 to the Oiled Leather Bag suggestion.

Posted by: Omocha.4931

Omocha.4931

I would like a mechanic hand which I could control in order to manipulate the spoon when I’m eating my cereals…

GW always had the system of selling individual items. The only improvement (not really necessary) could maybe allow people to select multiple items and d&d them into the merchant’s window. However, that might end up with a loooooooooong list of tickets to support to undo some selling that happened by mistake.

And speaking of misclicking your Spark and “list as junk” and then trashing it to merchant, 99% of the people will not live with that mistake and spam the support staff. I don’t like to see so much effort spent on throwing more silly minis on the market instead of cleaning up the game, but I’d certainly hate the player base if such an option would become real and then anet would have the luxury of blaming them for not having time to fix Ogre Wars

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

And speaking of misclicking your Spark and “list as junk” and then trashing it to merchant,

That’s what I thought when that thing came out of a chest “uuh that looks cheap, better salvage it right away”
(I didn’t know spark nor incinerator before this, only twilight, sunrise and the dreamer).

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Kal, the system the OP is suggesting would remember the things that you consider junk. They would be added to the junk category, going forward.(Unless you took them back out.)
I personally like the idea, but I think that the problem Anet would have with it is, “It’s not fool-proof enough”. That is, someone might accidentally mark an expensive item (silk scraps, a precursor) as junk and accidentally auto-sell it. Yeah, it would really be their fault, but Anet tends to want things to be very bullet-proof.
Also there are a lot of items, so this might be fairly difficult to implement, or end up having an unwieldy, hard to use interface.
Once again, I think that this is a good idea. I’m just telling you the problems Anet would have with it, and why they probably won’t do it.(Even though it would be a nice thing to have for most of us.)

Edit: +1 to the Oiled Leather Bag suggestion.

While that sounds like a potentially good system, it’s unfeasible and would be far more complicated to implement than anyone here seems to understand.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Well, my opinion:
Some of the “junk” are actually salvageable, I for one, salvage all salvageable and sell the junk along with the minor runes and sigils.

Then again, it does sound nice, to be able to set minor runes and sigils got from salvaging green items into junk items and get rid of them quickly while at merchant.

I hope this is what OP meant.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

I’d love to classify minor runes and sigils as junk

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

They could add some of these suggestions with Hot.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

oh sweet jesus YES. This game produces so much inventory clogging crap that isn’t labeled junk.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

And speaking of misclicking your Spark and “list as junk” and then trashing it to merchant,

That’s what I thought when that thing came out of a chest “uuh that looks cheap, better salvage it right away”
(I didn’t know spark nor incinerator before this, only twilight, sunrise and the dreamer).

confirmation needed ofc

and i think they could just make it impossible to list legendaries/ascended gear as junk (butascended materials like bloodstone dust etc should be an option… but they would need to be worth 1 copper each at least for that..)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

100% support this idea…

It would be extremely nice to be able to sell some things as “junk” with a 1 click vs the current click each one.

Posted by: Omocha.4931

Omocha.4931

…but ascended materials like bloodstone dust etc should be an option… but they would need to be worth 1 copper each at least for that…

I do support the idea of giving the dragonite ore and bloodstone a merchant value of 1c. Arguably some of the most annoying “rare loot!” we could get that is easily labeled as junk by pretty much everyone, since there’s absolutely no reason to pile up stacks of ingots from both. getting 2 silver for a stack of ascended junk is still more pleasant than just tossing it over the inventory window.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Its a risk you’d take. I’d imagine a system where you could deselect ’’Junk’’ items as well as selecting them.

Yes, thats exactly what we need! I don’t imagine it’d be hard to do either. Thanks for your feedback! I hope a dev sees this.

Ehmm we dont have anything similar in the game already, so would require totally new coding, so sorry, but it would be anything but easy to implement.

That said @penelopehannibal.8947 no i dont think it would need any storage on the servers really, this could quite easily i imagine being done clientside, and then when you actually sell items, the server would get the information the same way it always did when you sell items to a merchant

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I love this idea. this could be a simple interface option in your inventory. they already have the items tagged in the trading post, and could be tagged similarly, by:

rarity & type

so you could check blue, green, sigils, and runes, and then these are all treated as junk when you click that button in the merchant window.

anything more vague and you would start getting crafted gem upgrades and the like, which are usually worth selling on the TP.

from here, I’d also like to request the option to double click a salvage kit, then instead of clicking on every item to salvage I could instead double click on the inventory bag, which would salvage everything contained in that bag only, at the regular cost of salvage uses. this is the only game where I have had to macro double clicking just to manage inventory, and it is tedious.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Stillstanden.5874

At the very least I’m glad this discussion is up for debate. It is a quality of life issue. Who enjoys selling the same junk over and over again?

Stillstanden.5874

While I’m at it, I wouldn’t even mind paying for a Gem Store Salvage machine which targets whatever rarity equipment you want salvaged in bulk. Would you guys buy it?