Cypher: what secret chest to use them on?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

not sure what to use these on. I keep collecting them but they stacking in bags. dont know what to use them on, since the wiki pages also dont explain it.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

not sure what to use these on. I keep collecting them but they stacking in bags. dont know what to use them on, since the wiki pages also dont explain it.

In Scarlet’s secret lair under the Priory.

http://dulfy.net/2014/01/21/gw2-scarlets-secret-lair-guide/

Posted by: Koberius.7190

Koberius.7190

Turn 25 of each Cypher into a “Key”, grind the “Thumper” machines scattered around the world (you loot the destroyed Thumper) and get 50 power core parts to make one power core. Go to the back of the Worm cave under the Durmand Priory and go to the right, there’s a fake wall to walk through to get into her lair.
Be advised that the power core has one use, if you have lots of the keys for the chests make sure you have a decent amount of inventory space; I came out of there with a lot of loot.

Posted by: CruelPhate.3569

CruelPhate.3569

Be advised that the power core has one use, if you have lots of the keys for the chests make sure you have a decent amount of inventory space; I came out of there with a lot of loot.

Once you have opened the door once, you can keep entering the room without needing to collect 50 more power cores.

Representing Legendary [KARM]a on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You can also open the chests as many times as you have created cyphers. There’s no daily lockout for them.

The loot is really good too. Get 2 rares per chest + chance at exotic + buncha normal stuff. I got the Mini Clockwork Moa from one of them.

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Turn 25 of each Cypher into a “Key”, grind the “Thumper” machines scattered around the world (you loot the destroyed Thumper) and get 50 power core parts to make one power core. Go to the back of the Worm cave under the Durmand Priory and go to the right, there’s a fake wall to walk through to get into her lair.

It’s the code fragments that go 25 → cypher, and as above stated, you only need the one power core (though access is character-bound per core).

All chests will give you at least a rare, some greens and: salvageable scraps (watchwork, aetherblade, molten), pristine spores (toxic) or another spare key pouch (Scarlet’s personal). Scarlet’s chest also has a chance of giving you the Zealot’s/Keeper’s recipes and the watchwork moa mini. All non-Scarlet chests give 5-8 code fragments as well, most of which are for Scarlet’s chest, if memory serves.

Disciple of Quag