DE Scaling for One Player?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Victros.8154

Victros.8154

I’m just returning to GW2. I’m playing a level 20 warrior. When I played before, dynamic events were swarmed with players and were pretty easy. Now, I’m usually finding myself alone. The problem is, I’m finding myself facing multiple foes my level or higher when I’m trying to complete things. Sometimes as many as 5 or 6. How am I supposed to take on that many mobs at once? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

I’m just returning to GW2. I’m playing a level 20 warrior. When I played before, dynamic events were swarmed with players and were pretty easy. Now, I’m usually finding myself alone. The problem is, I’m finding myself facing multiple foes my level or higher when I’m trying to complete things. Sometimes as many as 5 or 6. How am I supposed to take on that many mobs at once? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Good luck mate, it will be like that for the next 60 levels.. It almost killed me to level my 4th 80. Best bet is to look up some good crafting guides and level past the more annoying zones and get 100% completion on the easier ones.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

in Dynamic Events

Victros.8154

Do DE’s not currently scale properly for one player?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Fault.8735

Fault.8735

use dungeons to level :/

in Dynamic Events

Nappychappy.7046

No they don’t they never have, that was just big talk pre-launch, they don’t even scale really in huge zergs and if they do I can’t tell a difference.

I remember that video though, what a crock.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Damiuss.9871

Damiuss.9871

Here is my advice on leveling, while I don’t consider myself an expert, I am very experienced (9 lvl 80’s and 10th one just hit 40 after 3 days. ADD/OCD gets the best of me and I need one of each class and they have to be top level).

Depending on the event, you should be able to solo it. Some will include “champion” type characters that are almost impossible to solo. Remember to keep your gear up to date and if you aren’t sure what direction to take, following a “leveling guide” for your class isn’t a bad thing. It can help give you a better understanding of your class, skills, etc. as to how they work and why you want to go with them.

Once you have that, develop a strategy and/or weapon set for multi and single target mobs/events. Remember your dodge, and depending on your class, what gives you stability, damage multipliers, etc. and develop a rotation for single target and AoE.

If you are a class that has pets, such as Ranger or Necro, play around with them in the starter area’s until you feel comfortable using them or to help you figure out what pet is best for what situation.

Finally, if you have a class that can call out a “limited use” pet, don’t be afraid to play around with those to get you out of tough situations, while leveling and dealing with event’s on your own. Sometimes the hate they pull off of you, can be the difference between life/death and the chance to “Rally” yourself.

Oh, also, don’t forget about using runes, sigils and keeping your accessory slots updated. That can totally make a difference and help in your survivability. If you feel a certain event is still a little too difficult, don’t be afraid to leave it alone for a bit, level up, get better gear and then go back to get revenge.

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up. Again, I’m no expert, but I’ve survived solo leveling on every class in this game and have solo completed most events on them.

Good luck!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Do DE’s not currently scale properly for one player?

DEs only scale down to a certain point. So for a random and untested example, the events will be the same for say one to ten people, then scale up once the eleventh shows up.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Other than [Group] events, they all scale for 1-10 players. We’re also looking at scaling past that for world bosses and Orr megaevents, but that will take time. If there’s an event that you’re convinced isn’t scaling, please post the name and location and I’ll look at it. I know I’ve solo’d all of the Wayfarer Foothills events that I worked on.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

Many events do scale to fewer players, some require you to kill less mobs to complete it, others spawn fewer ceatures or require less time to defend an area. For some group events boss creatures have less health. That’s not to say that every event is soloable by any means but events do scale.
Also the problem isn’t always the scaling, some events are just considerably harder for particular classes or builds. My suggestion would be that sometimes a change in tactics can mean the difference between succes and failure. Try out different skill and weapon combinations. If the sheer number of mobs is an issue, try using weapons that will hit multiple foes. In close quarters greatswords and axes work wonderfully, at range longbows can hit multiple foes with burning aoe. For kiting warriors have several knock downs and immobilization skills such as bolas and stomp.
Play around with things, you might be surprised with what you find and dont throw in the towel till your absolutly sure there’s no way in all heck you can do it.
… or your armors totally busted. Which ever comes first :P.

P.S. I will concede that lv 60+ events can be rather hard to complete solo, but that’s less of an issue with scaling and more of an issue with the difficulty of creatures that level in general.

(edited by smezmer.1206)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

All Southsun Cove events which involve a Veteran Karka are incredibly difficult to solo even though they’re not [Group Events].

Please consider adjusting Veteran Karka.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Damiuss.9871

Damiuss.9871

Oh wait, I see you are playing warrior. Here is my leveling advice for it, other than keeping your gear up to date, it’s kind of “cookie cutter”, but great for leveling:

Signet of Might: Improves Power and when used, gives you might.
Dolyak Signet: Reduces incoming damage and when used gives you stability.
Signet of Stamina: Faster endurance Regen and when used cures all conditions.

In your heal slot, you want Healing Signet, since it grants regen and will give a small heal if needed when used. With that said, you want 10 points in “Arms” as you get +40 precision for each signet. I also like 10 points in defense which gives you +200 toughness when stunned, knocked down, etc.

For weapons:

Greatsword is beautiful for damage, but you give up mobility since most moves require you to stand still for them to be used to completion.

A Rifle, IMO, is essential as having some ranged is nice and I just prefer it over long bow.

Dual Axes/Swords is not bad either, but play around with having one of each so you can have whirling attacks, plus retaliatory/jumping attacks at your disposal.

Once you have your survivability down with this class, which I believe you will find it quick by using these tips, you can change things around to suit your play style and preference of weapons.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

There is a vet spider event in the ruins in the SW of timberline falls that spawns on top of the commune skill point there that does not scale down correctly.

There is a vet spider that spawns outside of the event in the same location that does spawn correctly.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There is a vet spider event in the ruins in the SW of timberline falls that spawns on top of the commune skill point there that does not scale down correctly.

There is a vet spider that spawns outside of the event in the same location that does spawn correctly.

If you’re talking about the one in the cave near the ruins, I know that spider. It seems to have the HP of a Champion, and hits like one.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Veterans are always going to be quite a bit harder than normal mobs, though. They may scale down for one player but don’t expect a cakewalk.

Something to keep in mind is that players in the vicinity of an event will cause the difficulty of the event to scale upwards – even if those players aren’t participating. It can be frustrating to struggle through an event that’s more difficult than it should be because a few players decided to go AFK at the location (but are, unfortunately, being ignored by the mobs).

Even if you’re in an event that occurs in stages or waves, if an additonal player happens to run past the area the event is taking place in right before a wave spawns, you’re going to end up facing extra mobs during that wave as a result of that player’s momentary presence. If you didn’t notice the player running past you’re left with the impression that the event isn’t scaling properly. In reality it is; the game doesn’t know a player passing by doesn’t intend to join in. I do wish that was handled better, however.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

If you’re talking about the one in the cave near the ruins, I know that spider. It seems to have the HP of a Champion, and hits like one.

Playing through this map again last night myself and facing this spider again solo for the 4th time I can agree that it is def a Champion incorrectly labeled as a Veteren.

Even the event says “veteran” when it should say group event. So I reported this in game as a bug and suggested they need to correctly label this. It takes me no longer than 30 seconds to 2 mins to solo ANY veteren, this guy it took me 5-10 mins and even then it was a close call a few times. Def a CHAMPION. Oh and one last clue that it really is a champion is the champion icon above the creature.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Dynamic Events

Nappychappy.7046

You’re right about that!! When I was finishing up world completion a few months ago ( that zone was already dead ) me, a warrior, and a random guardian fought that spider for like 35 minutes to get that skill point… What a nightmare!

in Dynamic Events

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I won’t be at the office until Monday, but I’ll check it out.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

You’re right about that!! When I was finishing up world completion a few months ago ( that zone was already dead ) me, a warrior, and a random guardian fought that spider for like 35 minutes to get that skill point… What a nightmare!

I remember that… I did it on my guardian with a random thief who was nearby. It took us a while, but less than 20 minutes IIRC

in Dynamic Events

Nappychappy.7046

I remember that… I did it on my guardian with a random thief who was nearby. It took us a while, but less than 20 minutes IIRC

What server?

Also greek or dark souls?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

For my thief, I ended up using death blossom a lot. More efficient to kill several at a time using less initiative. Cluster bomb was also nice.

With my warrior, I use great sword a lot. More efficient to kill several at a time.

Point is, if you have a decent enough AOE, you can pretty much round up a pack of mobs and go to town on them.

Mobs are slow at hitting you. Tend to have a 1 to 2 second pause before the next attack because they don’t spam weapon skill #1 like we do and pause between each weapon skill they have. They do hit hard but they can be slow to hit and it is typically easy to avoid if you kite while conditions work. With the greatsword, I just backed up until my other skills were off timer or I was setting them up for skill #2 and 3. Only skill that you need to be planted in one spot is 100 blades and if you are a warrior, you should be fine at absorbing what mobs hit while using that skill provided you are at level. I wouldn’t use that typically against mobs that were over 2 levels than me.

As far as mobs being over level, don’t go in there. Do a different part of the map and come back. I don’t think I ever had to go to a different map to get a few levels before completing a map. You should be able to hit the level ranges within a particular map and it doesn’t hurt to come back later. A lot of these events happen frequently. Some are a chain, may have to try a get a few others on the map to help or just resign yourself to not doing it. Mobs do tend to hit for quite a bit just being over a few levels. I don’t like trying mobs that are more than 2 level over and certainly not a pack that I would normally gather up at level.

I don’t have any advice for champions. I don’t care enough to try and solo one. I just want my loot and map completion. I’ll help my self to the chest and run if one is around.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Yup, I know exactly what spider you are talking about. My ele is able to solo most group event champions in 15 minutes but this spider is labeled as a veteran and it took me 30 minutes and three attempts to kill it.

Usually I can send my earth elemental on to a champion and grab a commune skill point while they fight but this spider was killing my elemental in two shots.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Dynamic Events

Victros.8154

Thanks for all the help. How are you guys soloing event champions? Are you kiting?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Yup, I know exactly what spider you are talking about. My ele is able to solo most group event champions in 15 minutes but this spider is labeled as a veteran and it took me 30 minutes and three attempts to kill it.

Usually I can send my earth elemental on to a champion and grab a commune skill point while they fight but this spider was killing my elemental in two shots.

I have also fought that spider with my ele. It took me, a lvl 80 ele with full exotic soldier gears and my friend, lvl 60 something engi a good 10 to 15 minutes to kill it.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Thanks for all the help. How are you guys soloing event champions? Are you kiting?

Some Group Event champions are easier than others. The Champion Plains Wurm near Butcher’s Block in Diessa Plateau is one that can be easily solo’ed if you have a ranged weapon, since its attacks are slow, clearly telegraphed and can easily be avoided either by changing direction while strafing, or by hiding behind one of the nearby trees so the attack is obstructed. I even once managed to solo it on my Mesmer by dropping 3 Illusionary Duelists, then walking behind the tree and /sleep-ing. The silly Wurm continued to attack me futilely (because I was the closest) while my Phantasms shot it to death. :P

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

crap!

hopefully it doesn’t get nerfed. I like that champ spider. It IS soloable, did it on my mesmer and ele. Just requires excellent kiting skills and a lot of patience.

in Dynamic Events

Keirion.9105

Thanks! I wouldn’t expect a fix until at least the Feb update, anyway. Enjoy your days off!

And yeah, I think I avoided him on my thief via shadow refuge, but then on my warrior it took 3 of us kiting him for ~10 minutes to take him down, partially because he would 2-shot any of us.

Also, if I remember correctly he was 2 levels higher than the scaled level of the region he was in. I can’t remember if the event was the same as his level or the region’s level.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

I’m just returning to GW2

Welcome back!

The problem is, I’m finding myself facing multiple foes my level or higher when I’m trying to complete things. Sometimes as many as 5 or 6. How am I supposed to take on that many mobs at once? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Usually (with the exception of a a small content gap I experienced around level 15-25 on all my alts) there are plenty of options to be at least some levels ahead of your area. Don’t forget that exploring poi’s and vistas, gathering, and crafting does contribute a large amount to your XP income (which is, in fact, usually more relevant to leveling than the small amount of XP from killing mobs). Also, never neglect the personal story since each story step is worth approximately one level.

Having said that, it easier to engage enemy mobs on a higher level. But they will always pose some challenge, so don’t rush in blindly. Take your time, maybe pull the mobs individually, learn what skills the enemy uses, prepare, stay mobile, and generally dodge a lot, and you should essentially never have a problem facing even groups of enemies. CC skills like barriers, pushbacks or snares are also great for staying alive when surrounded. Also, don’t skill/equip just for damage in PvE, since it is the way of the glass cannon to just die if your all-out-attack fizzles. If a group turns out to be tough, think out of box, like using hit-and-run tactics to wear them down one by one, use the terrain, or look for ways to avoid them altogether.

Given some time, nerve, and tactics, it is tedious yet possible to solo champions, but I wouldn’t generally advise it. Look for one or two players to help you out, and the fight will be way more fun. I rarely stand still at all when playing, so yes, I am kiting.

Veterans are generally soloable and usually not that much harder to kill than a normal mob.

No they don’t they never have, that was just big talk pre-launch, they don’t even scale really in huge zergs and if they do I can’t tell a difference.

Random mobs don’t scale, but dynamic event content does scale. I’ve seen that all throughout the game. Actually, I don’t know what you are talking about.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Kite, move, dodge at the right time, block at the right time, and more often than not one player should be able to take out five or so trash mobs at level

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

That’s very good of you. Would be good if you guys scaled Ruins of Orr temple events too as maps such as Straits of Devastation are currently a no-player zone. Would be nice if me and 2 of my friends could complete the Temple event to get the karma vendor.

Kite, move, dodge at the right time, block at the right time, and more often than not one player should be able to take out five or so trash mobs at level

The only Champion I find it hard to solo or even 2-man is the Champion Modniir High-Sage in Harathi Hinterlands. His spells literally 2/3-hit anyone.

(edited by FateZero.8536)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

You should invest in some Spy kits for these types of skill points! They make these kinds of situations much more manageable if you are having a bit a trouble.

As for the champion question.. I believe that any class can solo those types of events as long as you have your class down. It also helps to know the bosses attack patterns so you can dodge or block ((If you have one)) at the right times. Personally my favorite champ soloing class is my necro because I can control the battleground with my marks and have a second health bar for those mistake moments. With a little practice we all can get the hang out it =)

in Dynamic Events

Keirion.9105

You should invest in some Spy kits for these types of skill points! They make these kinds of situations much more manageable if you are having a bit a trouble.

Good advice, though thankfully I`ve been able to work through every such challenge I`ve faced as of yet.

The issue at hand was that the event in question is in fact not scaling correctly in whatever sense, and as there was a dev request for names of such events, I obliged.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I don’t understand why on many of the deserted lower level areas and the less popular medium/high areas, you see group events popping up with champion mobs when there are no real groups of players nearby to make the event doable.

I can’t count the amount of times during my journey to 100% map completion where I came across a heart that suddenly turned into an event with champion mobs involved. Sure, I was 80 and with exotics, and could have attempted it by kiting for 30 minutes. But it’s such an unreasonable hassle to put on lone players exploring through a map. Why tease a player with an event for which clearly there will not be enough players around to complete.

Moreover, where are the revamped loot tables for champions and veterans and legendary mobs? Because I for one can’t notice a difference in any of these updates. I’m still getting 4 blues and 2 green crests on a lv80 toon in exotic and ascended gear from the very Claw of JORMAG.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Here’s one that has bugged me since early release – Iron marches “Defeat Victurus and his branded army”. Granted it is labelled correctly, the problem is he is a champion with 20 bodyguards which do respawn. Now the REAL problem with this event is that you HAVE to beat it in order to access the heart vendor nearby. I have 3 chars now with 100% world map and I have been playing since early release and not ONCE have I managed to access this vendor’s store because of this event.

Even when the servers were VERY full and chat was very common I could not get a group to take this event. So just imagine how it is now with the usual 1-3 ppl per map at any one time….(my timezone).

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Honestly, I have two level 80s now (Ranger and Necromancer), and on my way to the third (Warrior), with two more characters around level 20 waiting, and haven’t had an issue soloing anything that isn’t a [Group Event].

While I haven’t done every single quest in the game, I’ve completed a good amount of them, especially in the lower level areas, and I have yet to meet these illusive “impossible to solo” non-group events. Warrior particularly has been laughably easy…

PS: Don’t try to play this as a typical “stand there trading blows” MMO. If you do that then yes, this game will be hard.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

If there’s an event that you’re convinced isn’t scaling, please post the name and location and I’ll look at it.

It’s not just the scaling. Take Fireheart Rise, Severed Breach waypoint for example. Yes, you can capture it alone. But it’s ultra annoying because the friendly NPCs almost die instantly. So it’s basically perma-contested.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Other than [Group] events, they all scale for 1-10 players. We’re also looking at scaling past that for world bosses and Orr megaevents, but that will take time. If there’s an event that you’re convinced isn’t scaling, please post the name and location and I’ll look at it. I know I’ve solo’d all of the Wayfarer Foothills events that I worked on.

escorting the lionguard in southsun cove

of course, i cant be sure if scaling during event is even possible or if the scaling is chosen only at event beginning, but i found the npc dead with 5 young karka standing over them. 5 young karka are easy to solo at once mostly because of reflect skills. and i solo’d about 1/2 of the path you walk along once i rezzed the npcs. however, the first vet karka was ridiculously hard. and once i saw the npcs walking towards 2 more, i just left.

that was yesterday. today i find the npcs dead just past the 2 vets, so ill see about completing the event. the event is not tagged as group.

edit: they walked straight into camp karka and died to another “unsoloable” event without a group tag. (vet karka + vet young karka in the same vicinity with hatchlings, need more space to fight than there is AND cant avoid pulling more when pulling 1)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

escorting the lionguard in southsun cove

What’s also an issue is that by the time they get to the western part of the island, downing the Veteran Karkas that aren’t part of the event takes so long that the NPCs hardly move forward. They just end up beating the veteran, running back to their designated path, aggro a normal karka, run back, aggro another normal karka, and by then the veteran has respawned.

So doing that event is literally pointless, because unless you’re with a large group, you can’t get the npcs to the end of the event chain.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Please consider adjusting Veteran Karka.

nuooo pls don’t ;.; after you guys will turn Orr into Carebearsland, with dancing omnomberries and pink unicors sprouting magic rainbows, Southsun Cove will be the last place to put up a decent challenge.

Instead of carebearizing it pls consider adding rewards so good that it will be always swarming with players, so everynab will be happy.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Was Jeffrey playing a warrior when he soloed? That’s my question. I’ve played one at low levels and as an engineer and a thief I was amazed at how much I survived that wasn’t as easily survivable before while playing a warrior, it was quite imbalanced. Especially with the mobs in Queensland. I don’t mean to sound insensitive OP but I just don’t see survivability on a warrior as a problem honestly.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

The only Champion I find it hard to solo or even 2-man is the Champion Modniir High-Sage in Harathi Hinterlands. His spells literally 2/3-hit anyone.

Yeah he’s particularly strong. I’ve been running that fight as a fully geared sidekicked lvl 80 warrior and I think I know what his problem is. Burning damage.

His burning damage appears to be doing as much as a lvl 80 boss character, and it lasts a LONG time if you don’t move from those circles. The AoE’s radius is also massive for that attack and he does about 3-4 of them at a time (before the first one disappears).

I think he needs looking into, personally. He’s definitely not a normal champion fight and he’s no standard ‘group’ event either.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

The Krait witch in Caledon Forest is also pretty hard as far as I remember. Her grappling hooks or whatever are fast, and you’ll likely not see them in the other effects going on. Additionally you aggro respawning mobs and moas running around there if I remember correctly. I’ve been there at level ~40 (in crappy equipment though) and she pretty much onehitted me. Just like the Krait blood witkittenessex Hills, nobody ever kills her because the effort isn’t worth it.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

The Krait witch in Caledon Forest is also pretty hard as far as I remember. Her grappling hooks or whatever are fast, and you’ll likely not see them in the other effects going on. Additionally you aggro respawning mobs and moas running around there if I remember correctly. I’ve been there at level ~40 (in crappy equipment though) and she pretty much onehitted me. Just like the Krait blood witkittenessex Hills, nobody ever kills her because the effort isn’t worth it.

You can kite her around the tents, it takes a long time but she is definitely soloable.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

They actually do scale in difficulty. If you were to do the same DE solo and then with, say, 10 players you would see the difference at least in terms of the number of mobs. And, the vast majority are soloable. I have 7 level 80 characters and have soloed countless DE’s in the process of leveling. There are a couple three that I’ve encountered that are not soloable. However, if you get some damage in and run away the failed event will still reward decent XP. But, again, most you should have no trouble soloing. You mentioned playing a Warrior. My last character leveled to 80 was a Warrior. For leveling I used a 5 signet build and a Greatsword. Your hundred blades on the GS will take down 3-5 mobs easily.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

It might be helpful to know how the game counts the number of players. Often times there will be players in the area who aren’t participating, or even drive-by helpers who pass through but don’t stay for the rest of the event. If the game counts this as, say, 3 players when in fact there’s only one person actually doing the event, then this would generally be seen as the event not scaling. Does the game recount at each wave? A lot of the moving DEs (e.g. escort) seem to have this problem.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

One of the best examples of scaling being effected by nearby players that aren’t doing anything is the Harpy raid at the camp adjacent to the Ascalonian Catacombs entrance. As a fully geared 80 guard I love the event, as I can spin my way to 10-15 vials of blood in less than 3 minutes. On the other hand, I’ve been caught at-level there before, and the event is neigh impossible if an 80 from AC doesn’t join the fight.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Does that include the 13(?) lv15 Icebrood Elementals at Vendrake’s Homestead(south of the F in Frusenfell Creek in Wayfarer Foothills) where you are downleveled to lv11?

It’s hard to get an exact count since they are all stacked on top of each other.

There is no event notification in the corner but they aren’t always there so I have to assume they are part of some event.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

@op: trying to level in areas of your own level is inefficient, a few tips which made my life easier for my alts:

• complete each and every zone starting with the easiest and work your way up.
  • always eat food and drink potions (there is stuff for a few coppers. the bonuses might not be good, but the exp-gain is important)
  • go for as much damage as you can, with as much aoe as you can, without dieing to often (to mobs half your level, it shouldn’t be too tough)
  • either start with crafting very soon to get a few free levels (and thus be faster killing stuff because you’re overleveled) or wait until at least lvl 60, when you can get 2 disciplines to 400 and get to 80 directly.

for warrior, I recommend going for the 4 sigil build (with 40 precision for each sigil).. people laugh at it in dungeons ofc, but for leveling its really useful. dual-axe is pretty good for leveling, as you can move around while hitting (unlike GS which roots you) and always hit most mobs around you. longbow burst skill has such a huge firefield, its really good if you’re in a event with lots of other players – as you tag every mob and get exp =)
hope that helps a bit.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aldracity.9463

Aldracity.9463

I think the event scaling is rather scattered, because I seem to be getting identical scaling regardless as to the number of people actually around.

For example, there’s the Rescue > Destroy chain in The Funhouse. Thing is, merely standing in that area aggroes 4 enemies, who I dispatch, but then 4 more enemies come in, which I dispatch…and this repeats over and over again with me downed-reviving so many times I got lucky on the last one when I went down with 10% HP. With the Destroy portion, the very FIRST mob was a massive pack of everything, and then every subsequent pack was a single, lone enemy. This entire time, I was the only player within eyeshot.

Similarly, there’s the chain involving the Brill Alliance building. The initial step of collecting Skritt was fairly standard solo fare. Then you walk back and suddenly get swarmed by a good 10 or so Skritt all at once, repeatedly, with individual kill credit seeming to be no more than 1-2%.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Hey Jeff – I don’t know if you actually remember, have already taken note, lost the thread (though you should have been keeping an eye on it) or whatever, but please look here too. From what I can see, you posted once. Also requesting info on any difficulty spikes.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/events/event-difficulties/first

Also note that lots of replies directed at your request but no response on whether you looked into it or not.

Can a mod also please merge these threads.

Goodness…I didn’t think I’d have to play Mr. Mod today.

(edited by nethykins.7986)

in Dynamic Events

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Thanks, I’ll check it out Monday, though most of the replies I saw were about champions (which are used in [Group] events), so they aren’t intended to be soloable.