in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Well, I’m a zombie fan, so, heh, sure :P

DELETE

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

An aggressive leader who knows how to take care of the elderly!
Guaranteed social security and a job in the afterlife!
4 MORE YEARS OF ZHAITAN!
(Message approved by the Orrian Board of Elections)

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

DELETE

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

We already have the tail hanging on a wall. How about if we reanimate that and have the Tail of Zhaitan as a boss fight?

DELETE

Squee.7829

Although we might not have physically SEEN him die ourselves, though, it is pretty much confirmed he has died. According to the story, there have been teams of researchers we’ve never met who went down to the actual corpse of Zhaitan and a large part of his spine is actually hanging up on the Durmand priory
I don’t think he’s coming back. Even as a zombie ^2

DELETE

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Anet has stated that he is dead both in-game and outside of the game.

The reason we don’t actually see him die is speculated to be related to unfinished content. There is evidence that after we shoot him down from the tower we were supposed to go done to the ground and finish it there, but because of time constraints this never made it in.

DELETE

Posted by: orahfireborn.7418

orahfireborn.7418

Spoilers concerning Living World season 3 episode 2 (adding to things already said)

We have Taimi in second episode explaining what is magic, how is it separated and how dragons absorb magic from dead dragons, and we saw that with Mordemorth. So it is clearly stated that Zhaitan is dead dead)

DELETE

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

We already have the tail hanging on a wall. How about if we reanimate that and have the Tail of Zhaitan as a boss fight?

Or use it’s DNA to clone a new one, you know Jurrasic Park style.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

DELETE

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It used to be possible to see his body.

I jumped off the airship after we killed him and after a slightly glitchy fall landed, dead, in the water below the map. Fortunately I had a revive orb. Once you’re down there you can swim around under the whole map and see the bodies of the champions you fight earlier and Zhaitain itself. (I’m not at home right now but I can post screenshots later.)

Unfortunately I think they changed it when they converted it to a single-player story instance, I haven’t been able to get down there since. (And not for lack of trying! For me it took a lot of self-control to wait until after we’d finished so when I could do it solo I was jumping off everything.)

Other than that they have confirmed that he’s dead and as other people said bits of him are in the Priory archives (and yes they confirmed it is Zhaitans tail). Not to mention the shards of Zhaitan we trade for dungeon armor and weapons.

But in spite of all that I have wondered about it. I mean he was dead before we killed him. Ok he’s even more dead now but are we sure he can’t recover? Although I think the nail in that coffin (pun intended) is the other dragons absorbing his magic.

Magic seems to be the ‘life energy’ of Tyria. Abaddon couldn’t be killed but when he was torn apart and Kormir absorbed his power he was destroyed – he literally ceased to exist. If Zhaitan is dead and in pieces and the other dragons have absorbed his power that seems pretty definite.

Now this could be interesting. Especially since Zhaitan was undead. Would a clone be born dead? Is that even possible? Or would it be a living dragon necromancer who may one day decide to become a lich?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

DELETE

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

In initiality, I don’t think its possible (or feasible) to bring zhaitan back. HOWEVER, with the way Taimi explained magic, it might be possible to create a new creature that absorbs all the death magic and functionally becomes like Zhaitan. Now, if said creature were to be on our side, he could re-model all the risen in Orr, and make it a playeble nation *wink*wink*

DELETE

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I think it would be interesting if that when the elder dragons were defeated before and this time it didn’t kill them as much as reduced them to some minor core part of themselves that had to grow back over a thousand years or more as they feed on ley-line energy.

DELETE

Gryphon.2875

In initiality, I don’t think its possible (or feasible) to bring zhaitan back. HOWEVER, with the way Taimi explained magic, it might be possible to create a new creature that absorbs all the death magic and functionally becomes like Zhaitan. Now, if said creature were to be on our side, he could re-model all the risen in Orr, and make it a playeble nation *wink*wink*

Yes, let’s do this.
/signed
;)

DELETE

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Although we might not have physically SEEN him die ourselves, though, it is pretty much confirmed he has died. According to the story, there have been teams of researchers we’ve never met who went down to the actual corpse of Zhaitan and a large part of his spine is actually hanging up on the Durmand priory

are you sure that’s Zhaitan’s spine?

The NPC in the Priory states it is Zhaitan’s tail.

DELETE

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

After we kill the last Dragon ( A six colored one, infused with the magic of all previous Dragons) the magic consumed by the creature is not released back into the world. Most powerful magic stop working, a gigantic crisis spread across Tyria because this lack of energy resources, the climate became dark, cold and dry, and people began to lose their will to live, get sick and die by the thousands.

Then, from the remains of that last Dragon, a formidable undead creature rises again, more powerful, cruel, gigantic and aware than ever. Having transformed the magic of all the other dragons in his own death magic, irreversibly breaking the former balance in the forces that kept Tyria alive, his inmense body began to break apart the whole planet.

Zhaitan laughs at us: “I congratulate thee, commander, for fulfilling the fate I had prepared for you. I knew you will not fail at killing all my brothers and feeding them to me. Now I can finally end this world…
THANKS TO YOU!”

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

DELETE

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

We know he is dead because Primordus has death touched minions. The other dragons have already absorbed his power. Its all in the story.

DELETE

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Now old Destiny’s Edge had some troubles of their own,
They had a dragon that just wouldn’t leave Tyria alone,
They tried and they tried to get the dragon slayed,
They gave it to the Pact Commander thinking he’ll save the day.

But Zhaitan came back the very next day,
Zhaitan came back, we thought he was a goner,
Zhaitan came back, he just wouldn’t stay slayed.

The Pact Commander swore he’d kill Zhaitan on sight,
He loaded up his airship with guns and dynamite;
He waited and he waited for Zhaitan to come around,
Ninety seven pieces of the airship is all they found.

~EW

DELETE

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Spoilers concerning Living World season 3 episode 2 (adding to things already said)

We have Taimi in second episode explaining what is magic, how is it separated and how dragons absorb magic from dead dragons, and we saw that with Mordemorth. So it is clearly stated that Zhaitan is dead dead)

Taimi looked at the data for five minutes and is speculating, it doesn’t have to be true. She’s been wrong before.

That said, I don’t think Mordremoth is dead and Caithe and Traehearne are actually champions of Mordremoth. We still have no explanation for the Pale Tree other it is a purified blighting tree, whatever that means. Mordremoth basically assassinated Zhaitan via Traehearne.

DELETE

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

If they ever get the free time, going back and adding the unfinished content would be nice, but considering that’s probably REALLY low on the priority list, if it’s on there at all, I doubt we’ll ever see the Zhaitan fight improved in any way.

DELETE

Posted by: Yseron.8613

Yseron.8613

In GW1 dead characters were sent in the Underworld to be judged by Grenth (high end content that could still make its come back in GW2 along with the Fissure Of Woe), where 2 twin dragons were turned into stone after losing against him. Some were exiled by the Envoys in the Realm Of Torment.

So the devs already have at least 2 options at their disposal to revive a character, they already did so with The Leech and Shiro (this last one was not technically dead, thought). The only condition being that this character is not a god, and even so, the previous God of Death (Dhum) defeated by Grenth is currently in a prison in The Underworld, and you have to defeat him to get the end chest. So a dragon being less than a god….

DELETE

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Taimi looked at the data for five minutes and is speculating, it doesn’t have to be true. She’s been wrong before..

It is 100% ovservable truth. We have destroyers who are Primodus’ minions running around with death and plant based powers. The result of gaining power from Zhaitan and Mordremoths death respectively.

DELETE

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Now old Destiny’s Edge had some troubles of their own,
They had a dragon that just wouldn’t leave Tyria alone,
They tried and they tried to get the dragon slayed,
They gave it to the Pact Commander thinking he’ll save the day.

The Pact Commander swore he’d kill Zhaitan on sight,
He loaded up his airship with guns and dynamite;
He waited and he waited for Zhaitan to come around,
Ninety seven pieces of the airship is all they found.

~EW

+1

Loved the cartoon

DELETE

Hesacon.8735

Taimi looked at the data for five minutes and is speculating, it doesn’t have to be true. She’s been wrong before..

It is 100% ovservable truth. We have destroyers who are Primodus’ minions running around with death and plant based powers. The result of gaining power from Zhaitan and Mordremoths death respectively.

Destroyers running around with Risen and Mordrem powers could have another explanation. Taimi gave a theory, but she isn’t the authority on Elder Dragons, she couldn’t even remember Steve’s name.

I don’t remember seeing Risen Mordrem.

DELETE

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

No expense spared of course!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

DELETE

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

Destroyers running around with Risen and Mordrem powers could have another explanation. Taimi gave a theory, but she isn’t the authority on Elder Dragons, she couldn’t even remember Steve’s name.

It wasn’t so much risen mordrem, but rather Mordremoth being able to create new minions from the dead was the ability given to him from Zhaitan.

I would like if we got a Zhaitan raid though. It doesn’t have to be chronologically proper, just say here is how the dragon really went down.

DELETE

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i have a theory:

SPOILERS FROM LIVING WORLD!

we’ve heard that when dragons die their magic spread between the remaining dragons,
so currently Primordus, Jormag, Kralkatorrik and S________(sea dragon) all have a portion of Zhaitan and Mordremoth’s magic.
this isn’t just raw power this is abilities too, including the biggy from Zhaitan,
raising the dead!

i hypothesis that when we have defeated all but the last dragon it will be super powerful after absorbing the magic from all of the rest, so powerful that it will use it’s reanimation magic to reanimate the fallen carcasses of the other dragons,
and the final battle will see us fighting the one super-dragon and the other 5 dragons reanimated corpses!

DELETE

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

Wait a minute… I thought that was Tequatl’s Tail…!?
I am pretty sure Archivist Ernswort in LS episode 5: Hidden Arcana says it’s Tequatl’s tail.

(edited by Eragon.8234)

DELETE

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

They shouldnt bring him back, they should reimplement finally season 1 into the game under the same game design as the rest of the game and redesign best as possible in one go also the whole personal story basically into Living Story Season 0 with a complete overwork of the final battle against Zhaitan, so that the whole story telling of this game becomes finally complete and won’t be anymore such a switzer cheese full of holes that it is right now due to inconsequent game designs with a typical developer method of “we see only forwards, and old things get ignored, because most oftenly its not worth it to fix old things, because it brings no money, once somethign has failed” and looked as concept on paper better maybe, than it ended up being good implemented as well into the game later.

Personal Story flopped, its no concept with any longevity…PS is basically Living Story 1.0 and it would have been the best for the game, if anet would have merged both systems a long time ago, basically the best moment woudl have been, which they passed long time ago, before they even started on Season 2 – that was the best moment, where they should have stopepd first, activated their heads and should have merged first PS with Season 1.

Would they have had done that in the past first, before charging ahead too quickly with Season 2, it would have prevented alot of problems with design holes that the game has now, where the gsame design and its story telling looks like a beheaded chicken that is still able to run, but has no clear head anymore with no direction anymore, other than forward, because fixing the mess seems to be unlikela, because it will cost alot of ressources now more, than it would have costed to fix the story telling mechanics of the game alot earlier, where merging the PS into the LS system wouldn’t have been such a great task and where the season 1 could have been designed right from begin on different with the PS back in mind beign merged into the whole system, where characters like Marjory, Braham & Co could have played already their roles also in the prsonal story missions somewhere, instead of some nameless uninportant NPCs to replace their spots, so that we could have gotten an impression about it, what all the other current important npcs have done in their lives at the time, where we fought against Zhaitan, where we currently have in regard of the lore nothing but a pure void, because at the current story tellign design we get to know charactrs liek Taimi, Rox & Co first, after we defeated Zhaitan in the most terrible boring and laughable 2 minute pew pew pew dragon fight, that I have ever witnessed in my whole life so far until today.

If the devs would want to do themself a great favor, they would want to redesign the Zhaitan end battle, regardless if that means a tiny slowdown in some other backgroudn projects they are working on…. but that end battle was absolutely really “embarassing” to say th least and as a player beign part of it, I always wish that these 2 minutes are over as fast as possible, because even blind chimp on drugs with broken fingers could beat that final battle alone – seriously!

I don’t want Zhaitan to return, I want to have a REAL epic fight against him, that is worthy to be called a final Endgame Battle!!!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

DELETE

Gryphon.2875

i have a theory:

we’ve heard that when dragons die their magic spread between the remaining dragons,
so currently Primordus, Jormag, Kralkatorrik and S________(sea dragon) all have a portion of Zhaitan and Mordremoth’s magic.
this isn’t just raw power this is abilities too, including the biggy from Zhaitan,
raising the dead!

i hypothesis that when we have defeated all but the last dragon it will be super powerful after absorbing the magic from all of the rest, so powerful that it will use it’s reanimation magic to reanimate the fallen carcasses of the other dragons,
and the final battle will see us fighting the one super-dragon and the other 5 dragons reanimated corpses!

Been done, sort of. In GW’s Nightfall, you battle the big baddies from the previous two games, as they have become servants of Abaddon.

DELETE

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i have a theory:

raising the dead!

Been done, sort of. In GW’s Nightfall, you battle the big baddies from the previous two games, as they have become servants of Abaddon.

the whole thing the way it is now reminds me a lot of that closer to the stars mission,
you start with 4 bosses, and each time you kill one a portion of their power is spread to the others, by the time you fight the last one you’re fighting a much harder fight than the first.

DELETE

Gryphon.2875

i have a theory:

raising the dead!

the whole thing the way it is now reminds me a lot of that closer to the stars mission,
you start with 4 bosses, and each time you kill one a portion of their power is spread to the others, by the time you fight the last one you’re fighting a much harder fight than the first.

Now that you mention it, yes… I hated that mission. Old School M/M Necro’s nigthmare… NO BODIES. O_O

DELETE

Posted by: Yseron.8613

Yseron.8613

Hey ! I know this guy ! He ’s the guy scientists threw out of the lab cause he doesnt learn from electric chocs !

WELCOME BACK !

DELETE

Posted by: Freakshow.1809

Freakshow.1809

Were talking about a fantasy world of Magic and Dragons, and people are actually debating rather or not it is POSSIBLE to bring back Zhaitan….

Of course there are ways they could bring him back. now rather or not it would be a good idea storywise is debateable.

IMO, I would totally be alright with this. the first fight sucked because Zhaitan was considered weakest of the Elder dragons. I would like to see a comeback of EPIC Proportions where in a plot twist he is Not only the strongest but Rules over the other dragons.

DELETE

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yes it’s a fantasy world, but it still needs to be internally consistent. Everything we’ve been told so far, both about Zhaitan directly and about other similar beings, tells us he is well and truly destroyed and not coming back.

Yes they could bring him back but it would have to be in a way that makes sense for the rules they have established for their world. Otherwise it’s just bad writing.

It’s like saying Lord of the Rings was fantasy so Frodo and Sam could have flown to Mordor on a unicorn. Except as far as we know Middle Earth didn’t have flying unicorns so even in a fantasy story it would have made no sense.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

DELETE

Hesacon.8735

It wasn’t so much risen mordrem, but rather Mordremoth being able to create new minions from the dead was the ability given to him from Zhaitan.

I would like if we got a Zhaitan raid though. It doesn’t have to be chronologically proper, just say here is how the dragon really went down.

Nobody in our group made that observation at the time and before Mordremoth decided to blow up a couple forts, nobody knew anything about Mordremoth. In LW2, everyone was surprised the Vinewrath in Silverwastes could summon an army.

Remember the Pact’s goal was to kill Kralkatorrik when Mordremoth showed up. They had no intel on him. Who is the authority on Mordremoth’s abilities?

As for a Zhaitan raid, I think a fractal would make more sense since they ignore time. You could have a fractal where you go to the surface after hitting him with the laser and finish him off, and some risen come to protect him or something.

DELETE

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Inquest is probably already on that.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

DELETE

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Tough it was one of zaithan tails.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

DELETE

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

Yes, Zhaitan is dead, that has been well and truly defined, but… so was Lazarus, he even said he was dead, and came back to life…why can’t Zhaitan?

DELETE

Squee.7829

Lazarus was never dead. It was very explicitly explained in GW1 that he basically Voldemorted himself onto a Whilte Mantle member. They made absolutely sure you and everyone knew he’d be back one day. I think him saying he was “dead” might have been a bit of flourish or dramatic exaggeration on his part.
That or “revived” is just a lot easier to say than “I was unstuck from whatever weird state of existence I was in and able to manifest a physical form after absorbing a ton of magic”

(edited by Squee.7829)

DELETE

Gryphon.2875

“I was unstuck from whatever weird state of existence I was in and able to manifest a physical form after absorbing a ton of magic”

Silly. That makes perfect sense to me. Excelsior!

DELETE

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Prediction of two things that will happen….1) the baby dragon will grow as more elders die, 2) Lazarus will absorb some magic himself, and finally 3) more baby dragons will be born to properly divide the magics. So we could see a baby Zhaithan…or something…maybe…

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs