"Do not touch" Signs

"Do not touch" Signs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

The do not touch is a text message on your screen but not a sign or a text spoken in the game. So it exist out of the lore (it’s a message for the player, not for the character). It would make sense for a Aprils fool joke (like they changed the intro sound) or any other joke from the developers but it does not really fit into the game. So not sure what to think about it.

The objects name is “DO NOT TOUCH”. You see it by simply targeting it like you would for any intractable object or npc.

Indeed. So it exist outside of the game (don’t know a better way to describe it). The name above a character / npc is also not there in the game it’s information for the player. I mean, if you would be the character you would not see it.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I love this thread

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

If the message is for us, the players, why does the “touch” option exist?

The Forbidden Thumpers are a test, I tells ya! It’s some weird Asuran thingie.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I just found the one in Dredgehaunt Cliffs. I double-dog-dared a Norn to lick it.

He’s probably still there.

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Zebulous.2934

Zebulous.2934

You know….I think I might actually laugh out loud if it turns out that Scarlet accidentally woke up the elder dragons, and that she was responsible for Zhaitan raising Orr, and that these “thumpers” are her attempt to bring Primordius up….and that it really has been her all along, it never had anything to do with the dragons at all. GW2 is the story of Scarlett.

Oh? You mean Gw2 isn’t the story of the great sylvari First Born Trahearne?

Now all we need if for Scarlett and Trahearne to fall in love.

Remember, I called it first!

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

You know….I think I might actually laugh out loud if it turns out that Scarlet accidentally woke up the elder dragons, and that she was responsible for Zhaitan raising Orr, and that these “thumpers” are her attempt to bring Primordius up….and that it really has been her all along, it never had anything to do with the dragons at all. GW2 is the story of Scarlett.

They’re probably the same person. I’ve never seen them in the same room, have you?
They’re both sylvari, both steal the spotlight and total makeover kits are a thing.
I’m just say’n…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Two more weeks of Scarlet inc. GG.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

She’ll probably be around till they get tired of her themselves since they can’t reasonably think we actually like her?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

They’re probably the same person. I’ve never seen them in the same room, have you?
They’re both sylvari, both steal the spotlight and total makeover kits are a thing.
I’m just say’n…

I’m not saying I’m Batman, but I’ve never been seen in the same room as Batman…

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

She’ll probably be around till they get tired of her themselves since they can’t reasonably think we actually like her?

I personally have no problems with Scarlet and can’t really understand the hatred. To each their own.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Do_Not_Touch

inb4 Crystal Desert conspiracy theories.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Flaming.4250

Flaming.4250

Found one in Harathi Hinterlands. Looks like Scarlets work…

in Thaumanova Reactor Scarlet mumbles somthing about not being a good idea to construct reactors on veins of dragon energy. So maybe she has found a way to extract dragon energy somehow…

It would also give nice explanations for the reason of the invasions…

I like this. It makes me think that Scarlet really is the anti-Trahearne. Molten Alliance, Toxic Alliance and Aetherblades are her version of the Vigil, Durmand Priory, and Whispers. Instead of trying to destroy the Dragons, Scarlet probably is trying to harness/tame them.

My fervent hope is that Kralkatorrik will be brought back and devour Scarlet for she is crunchy and will be good with ketchup.

No No No You don’t have ketchup with salad it’s salad cream or mayonnaise.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The do not touch is a text message on your screen but not a sign or a text spoken in the game. So it exist out of the lore (it’s a message for the player, not for the character). It would make sense for a Aprils fool joke (like they changed the intro sound) or any other joke from the developers but it does not really fit into the game. So not sure what to think about it.

The objects name is “DO NOT TOUCH”. You see it by simply targeting it like you would for any intractable object or npc.

Pretty sure they are here for the next LS. Why they are in the game world, doing nothing for 2 weeks is anyone’s guess though.

They usually put hints of up-coming LS releases in the game.

Like how towards the end of Flame & Frost and throughout the Southsun event there were NPCs talking about the Captains council worrying that the influx of refugees would overshadow the Dragon Festival, or that it’d have to be cancelled completely.

And trees around Kessex Hills started being cut down when the Halloween update started, before we had any hint that they were being used to build a giant plant-tower.

I also find it interesting that so many of these got found so quickly, when we’re constantly hearing about how the open world is empty and no one ever goes to most of the maps.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Kinda hard to miss ‘em. In addition to being surrounded by a force field that glows from a long distance away, the “thumping” can be heard even when the Forbidden Thumper itself is not in sight. And I’m still suspicious of the intermittent “zapping” noise I hear out in the gameworld, but my question in the audio forum has so far gone unanswered.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

I wish I could say I was joking….

That pic made my day XD

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

IDEA: touch all thumper turrets in Tyria at the same time. Let’s do this…

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

(edited by Witaminka.4650)

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Ravanus.2543

Ravanus.2543

Guuuys, more over – in Gendarran Fields both in villages and pirate hideouts appeared “suspiocius barrels”. But when you open them, it says they are empty.

Maybe there’s Traeherne hiding in one of them?

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Do_Not_Touch

inb4 Crystal Desert conspiracy theories.

Man, that would be something worthy finally!

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Did anyone mark them on one map yet? They might make a pattern or give us a hint at how certain locations were chosen?

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

…But when you open them, it says they are empty.

Maybe there’s Traeherne hiding in one of them?

Someone should map the barrels containing all the different parts of Trahearne.

A quiet burial at sea, then a national holiday.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

@Meluna.1764
yeap check here Reddit for map dots

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

(edited by Witaminka.4650)

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Tyrannus Blade.3408

Tyrannus Blade.3408

in Thaumanova Reactor Scarlet mumbles somthing about not being a good idea to construct reactors on veins of dragon energy. So maybe she has found a way to extract dragon energy somehow…

I like this. It makes me think that Scarlet really is the anti-Trahearne. Molten Alliance, Toxic Alliance and Aetherblades are her version of the Vigil, Durmand Priory, and Whispers. Instead of trying to destroy the Dragons, Scarlet probably is trying to harness/tame them.

My fervent hope is that Kralkatorrik will be brought back and devour Scarlet for she is crunchy and will be good with ketchup.

Control is the means to survival. Control of the dragons.. and of you if necessary.

Attachments:

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Ravanus.2543

Ravanus.2543

Control is the means to survival. Control of the dragons.. and of you if necessary.

Oh god I love TIM. If Scarlet would try to control dragons…..BUT WAIT NO because that would imply that Traeherne is Shepard :O

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

Maybe Traeherne is like Moridin. That would be a happy ending for all.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: BeoErgon.9107

BeoErgon.9107

Seeing the dots in the map one thing at least is evident : there are none of those towers in beginner areas…
Why? If they really are linked to something in the world I don’t get why the beginner areas should be exempt.

Still, one explanation to Scarlett invasions : they were installing those towers. And there were no invasions in beginner areas as far as I know…

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I ignored the warning and caressed and fondled it. I have no regrets.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Zebulous.2934

Zebulous.2934

Wait… they are thumper turrets?
Dune?!
Giant sand worms are going to pop out of the ground?

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

You can touch them a few times, and it will knock you back/down and produce the message"What part of "DO NOT TOUCH" was unclear?"
After repeating this about 10 times it will kill you and give you the message"Tsk, tsk. Let that be a lesson to mind your own beeswax."

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I think it’s the Molten Steam Alliance idk lol

It does look like something to do with the Steam Creatures.

All races with cyber punk steam parts of their bodies!!!
Yesssss, we miss that.

/sarcasm off
I REALLY, REALLY hope we will have a lond nice break from Scarlet and finally get some nice real updates like we used to before few months (in story way).

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Do the dragons even exist anymore or are did they all just get retconed into Scarlet holograms or something?

Scarlet killed remaining 5 dragons so we can fight her till the end of the game.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Found one in CS near Grenth temple.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

None of this matters. Because “scarlet did it”

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Mortalis.4312

Mortalis.4312

I wish Scarlet would just die if I could get to her code I would delete it so fast. We need an IMB flasher and to wipe Scarlet from Anets mind.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

MIB neutralizer you mean?

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Guuuys, more over – in Gendarran Fields both in villages and pirate hideouts appeared “suspiocius barrels”. But when you open them, it says they are empty.

The barrels are just part of a guild bounty hunt. :p

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

There’s an Unsuspicious rabbit as well… but he’s always been there…

(hoping that the thumpers are something to do with the fault lines that one can see overlaying the globe in the Chantry of Secrets)

Level 80 Elementalist

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

they are also kinda breading the 4th wall. there is no way to know that you are not allowed to touch em unless you can see the floating yellow letters in the thumper thing. and yet it says “i said, do no not touch” in the dialog

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

with salad it’s salad cream or mayonnaise.

Do I even wanna ask what salad cream is?

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I think it’s the Molten Steam Alliance idk lol

It does look like something to do with the Steam Creatures.

All races with cyber punk steam parts of their bodies!!!
Yesssss, we miss that.

/sarcasm off
I REALLY, REALLY hope we will have a lond nice break from Scarlet and finally get some nice real updates like we used to before few months (in story way).

I don’t think they will take a break from the scarlet LS, I think they have a finnished story written about scarlet and that they want to have it in the game and over with ASAP. I myself don’t mind scarlet but if I was the creator of scarlet and the storyline I would want it over and done and not prolong the suffering of Scarlet haters making utterly silly and stupid jokes on the forums.

In short, they have to take the LS to the end and atleast I would want a conclusion.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I don’t think they will take a break from the scarlet LS, I think they have a finnished story written about scarlet and that they want to have it in the game and over with ASAP. I myself don’t mind scarlet but if I was the creator of scarlet and the storyline I would want it over and done and not prolong the suffering of Scarlet haters making utterly silly and stupid jokes on the forums.

In short, they have to take the LS to the end and atleast I would want a conclusion.

I agree with this. I don’t have any problems at all with Scarlet, some things I find really funny that she has done. For some reason hate has set in and the story needs to come to some form of conclusion.

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Sipso.9674

Sipso.9674

Tbh, the sooner they finnish with Scarlet the sooner we’ll forget about her. I hope she’ll appear in max two more LS’s and we’ll see her no more. Maybe i’ll remember what was the main danger again… Winged creatures, all i can remember…

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Flaming.4250

Flaming.4250

with salad it’s salad cream or mayonnaise.

Do I even wanna ask what salad cream is?

Don’t worry it is nothing rude.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_cream

Hopefully (but some how I doubt it) scarlet has nothing to do with the machines and it is just Tixx getting ready to drop a lot of snow on us.

(edited by Flaming.4250)

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: stooshie.4316

stooshie.4316

There were “Do not touch” things in Nightfall!
Uhm, that’s it from me :s
Can’t see how it ties into GW2.

Novembriana
[HoL] Desolation since beta <3

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

/snip

Hopefully (but some how I doubt it) scarlet has nothing to do with the machines and it is just Tixx getting ready to drop a lot of snow on us.

That would be cool…

Level 80 Elementalist

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Another found at Terra Combusta, just on the edge of Lowland Burns near the Shatterer spawn.

And, ummm… yeah… when someone warns you not to do something, what does that little rebel inside you always make you do?

Attachments:

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

As Commander of the Pact, I order an IMMEDIATE Investigation into these mysterious thumpers plagueing Tyria!

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Wait… they are thumper turrets?
Dune?!
Giant sand worms are going to pop out of the ground?

I’ve been playing a lot of Firefall lately.
I keep wondering when I’m going to get my cut of the minerals from these blasted towers!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I like the speculation that it could be Scarlett, but it looks more like Dredge technology to me.
I’m not sure what it may be for yet exactly, but it doesn’t really seem reminiscent of any other technology than the ratnik’s.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I have trouble understanding what a “do not touch” pillar has to do with GvG.

We know at this point that all their effort must be going toward implementing GvG…

"Do not touch" Signs

Posted by: TamTiTam.9574

TamTiTam.9574

From the german Forums:

https://d1ej19d7kwigfi.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/7128/drachenenergie3.jpg

Lets see if ArenaNets LS will finally get as sophisticated as Fan-Speculation.

(edited by TamTiTam.9574)