DR Carry over to a new zone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Diminishing Return on loot actually stay in effect even after u switch zone. Even Champ would not drop champ bags any more.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

DR on loot is a kitten mechanic that should never exist in this game. It punishes players way more than it punishes bots and i bet it’s responsible for 90% of issues with loot disparity between players. Players who play little get awesome loot while players who play alot get kitten. I had 2 long breaks in playing lately, when i came back i was geting multiple exotics or ascended weapon chests on first day of playing then back to nothing.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Confirmed just last week that there is no Diminishing Returns in the game.

Still catching up, but I wanted to stop to be clear. No to this. This doesn’t happen, it’s a cognitive bias. There’s virtually no DR active on any given day.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

What activity are you doing there in the screenshot? Like where are you?

Or words to that effect.

SundayTrash.9562

after hitting DR, I decide to hit dungeon, and even the champ in there don’t drop champ boxes.

Labjax.2465

Weird. Maybe put up a thread in the bug forum? I’m pretty sure, especially considering John’s statement, that no such “diminishing returns” is supposed to occur. It sounds like some kind of issue with getting kill credit.

Or words to that effect.

SundayTrash.9562

there was certainly no kill credit issues as u can see by the screen shot that me and that ele 2man the champ, so I should put in quiet alot of damage.

Labjax.2465

Oh, I’m not saying you didn’t hit the mob. I’m saying maybe there’s a bug there with getting credit even when you do hit the mob.

Or words to that effect.

SundayTrash.9562

We kill 4 champs in TA Forward, and I got zero champ box from each of them, I even try to relog.

Posted by: Famine.3164

Famine.3164

Yup. Happened to me last night in Mad lab.. All of a sudden no more chests..

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Did you relog before entering the dungeon? I have this issue frequently in Laby, had it on Blinx farm aswel. Relogging seems to give me back some loots.

Snow Crows [SC]

SundayTrash.9562

I relog after the first champ wurm. Seems like DR effect across the entire game is no longer a myth.

Posted by: Famine.3164

Famine.3164

Did you relog before entering the dungeon? I have this issue frequently in Laby, had it on Blinx farm aswel. Relogging seems to give me back some loots.

Yes I did, I even shut the game down for a while

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

But guys, we fixed fractal weapons drop rates.
But guys, Final rest IS dropping from Behemot.
But guys there’s virtually no DR active on any given day.

You get the idea.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Still catching up, but I wanted to stop to be clear. No to this. This doesn’t happen, it’s a cognitive bias. There’s virtually no DR active on any given day.

he said virtually, and unfortunately anet tends to view things as they are supposed to be, or as they are on a macro level. Many bugs, and special cases have cropped up. I didnt feel like debating it to derail the thread, but, i would say DR does exist, and can be experienced depending on your playstyle.

Labjax.2465

And yet, I have never encountered this so-called DR in any capacity. I’m not saying you guys aren’t seeing what you’re seeing, but I don’t doubt for a second that it’s an unintended bug.

You gotta realize bugs often make no sense at all. Trying to make sense out of them without having QA testing tools or having access to / knowledge of programming code can sometimes be a foray into madness.

Or words to that effect.

SundayTrash.9562

It happen again, after farming alot ToT bags and noticing I am hardly getting any bags, I when to do SE p3 and not gotten a single drop from anything the entire run, not even a blue or green.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Let me see if I got this right: You farmed ambient rats turned candy corn elementals in the halloween story instance until DR hit, then switched to dungeon explorables in the hope that DR would disappear right the second you left the rats alone?

SundayTrash.9562

So what, it shows DR does exist and carry over the entire game. It stupid trying to get that mini.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

DR definitely does exist. Just go and farm lab till it becomes applied to you.

In that comment he was referring to the game as a whole. So while some individuals may get hit by DR most of the players are not because they are not staying in a localized area for long enough.

If he was not talking about the macro and was talking about individuals, well then I’d call him a liar.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

DR definitely does exist. Just go and farm lab till it becomes applied to you.

In that comment he was referring to the game as a whole. So while some individuals may get hit by DR most of the players are not because they are not staying in a localized area for long enough.

This. Also, consider the timing. This was stated before the Halloween update and the current localized farmfest.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

You get the idea.

They did. My wife and I have gotten almost 10 fractal skins between us (all different) in the past two weeks from lvl 19, 29, 38, and 49s (we try to run 3 a day when I’m home).. I got final rest last week from SB. So, yeah, I might actually believe them when they say that DR isn’t really active on any given day.

And I was in lab for 6-8 hours straight (read: constant) the first night and never hit DR.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

John Smith is blatantly lieing. Easy to see the diminishing returns in the labyrinth. Events give less and less exp, karma gold after a while. Also loot seems to get noticeable worse.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

You get the idea.

They did. My wife and I have gotten almost 10 fractal skins between us (all different) in the past two weeks from lvl 19, 29, 38, and 49s (we try to run 3 a day when I’m home).. I got final rest last week from SB. So, yeah, I might actually believe them when they say that DR isn’t really active on any given day.

And I was in lab for 6-8 hours straight (read: constant) the first night and never hit DR.

Just noting that they only fixed the fractal bug 2 days ago so yeah.

Fixed a bug that caused the drop rate of fractal weapon skins to decrease above fractal level 40.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

DR on loot is a kitten mechanic that should never exist in this game. It punishes players way more than it punishes bots and i bet it’s responsible for 90% of issues with loot disparity between players. Players who play little get awesome loot while players who play alot get kitten. I had 2 long breaks in playing lately, when i came back i was geting multiple exotics or ascended weapon chests on first day of playing then back to nothing.

I’d care to disagree on the subject of DR being a bad mechanic. It’s a helpful tool to allow the casual playerbase to maintain a steady ground with the current market. How DR currently functions though needs to be addressed – because it is quite annoying what kind of gap it’s developed. It seems to even act against casual, daily players which certainly wasn’t intended.

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

You get the idea.

Miku is referring to events in the past where Anet stated something was working properly, only to have another patch later down the line actually fixing the problem.

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

All the people here saying DR doesn’t exist never played this game prior to November 2012 when it was introduced it was made to “combat the bots” (which were a HUGE problem back then tbh) but these forums used to be on fire because of it.

In short DR does exist and if you farm you will see it everyday.

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

“virtually no DR” is akin to saying someone “almost doesnt have AIDS”

“No, I don’t.”