DR + Orr?

DR + Orr?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

So back in Guild Wars 1 it was known that diminishing Returns existed. and ANet said to avoid it to simply play through a zone instead of killing the same types of mobs over and over again.

Fast forward to GW2 the Orr zones only have a couple of enemy types.

I start in Melchor’s Leap and work my way through the zone hitting gathering nodes and killing mobs and doing every DE I run across once I get across the zone I move into Cursed Shore and do repeat the process of moving down the zone this usually makes for 2-3 hours of enjoyable play time but usually about half way through Cursed shore I start having more mob kills between each drop (I counted 18 at one point) and even when I do get drops after that point it has a large habit of being porous bones.

So I am playing EXACTLY how they said to play to avoid DR before and I seem to be hitting it now.

Any word or thoughts on this?

DR + Orr?

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Yeah the DR seems to kick in on killing a bunch of dudes of a general enemy type rather than the specific enemy type… There’s actually quite a few undead variants in the Orr Zones, yet killing any combination of them up to a certain point kicks in the DR.

DR + Orr?

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

Going from Melchor’s leap to the southern tip of cursed shore I have never gotten more than 8 enemy types on the daily kill variety

DR + Orr?

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I zoned into Orr last night and killed 5 mobs, all of which dropped porous bones. Figured, well try some more in a different part of Orr. Same thing happened there too. Think I ended up with around 30 for those porous bones before I decided to try to look for a dungeon group. At least one that doesn’t ragequit in the middle..