DR on Loot Lasting Days

DR on Loot Lasting Days

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xionaz.7065

Xionaz.7065

Before the patch implemented on Monday I was obtaining a lot of rares farming in The Cursed Shore. After the patch I barely receive any rares on a daily basis. As an example I went to sleep on Friday morning at 3am and logged on by 12pm around the same time my brother was also playing. He has 0% magic find while I have about 130% fully buffed yet in the course of an hour he found 5 rares and I found 0.

Even before this example late Monday night up until today I have seen greatly diminished drops across the board. I have logged on other characters, gone to different zones, WvWvW and Jumping puzzles but every time I go back to The Cursed Shore I never see any rares anymore. When asking others it seems they are not experiencing this problem as heavily as me.

While I understand the idea of “bad luck” it’s been about 4 days now of this streak. So what exactly is going on here?

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

Did you find blues or greens?

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

Very rarely now; I mainly received trash and farming mats.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Tradewind.6913

Farming mats are blue quality. With your MF it’s not just increasing the chance to find Rares but also increasing the chance to find greens and blues, typically in a higher order of magnitude than the increase to find rares.

Plain and simple, you’re just having bad luck.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

There is NO way I could be on such an unlucky streak. For days I have received nothing but trash over and over. Even now I have watched him pick up 2 rares out of one pack while I received… nothing…

This patch on Monday has seemed to have screwed up a lot more than just reseting karma tricks.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Tradewind.6913

Except there is a way you’re on an unlucky streak. Because you are.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: vjek.4270

vjek.4270

Personally I’ve observed the same thing. Rares (yellows) no longer drop for me, no matter how little or how much I play in any of the Orr zones. Basically it’s down to bags and bones, now.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

Personally I’ve observed the same thing. Rares (yellows) no longer drop for me, no matter how little or how much I play in any of the Orr zones. Basically it’s down to bags and bones, now.

Exactly! Nothing I have done fixes this issue. I have no idea why this problem persists but I would like an answer/idea on how to resolve it.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Tradewind.6913

I see it’s going to become one of those threads. Later.

(edited by Tradewind.6913)

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: Canopus.3897

Canopus.3897

same here. this week i got no rares. and about 2 greens.
and i played a quite lot, with MF gear and food

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

I see it’s going to become one of those threads. Later.

Good bye?

Anyways I still find this very odd considering the high amount of rares I had obtained the last few weeks.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Except there is a way you’re on an unlucky streak. Because you are.

And therein lies the damningly frustrating part of DR – the part where you’re not sure if the RNG hates you or if you have violated the written but unreadable code of the “normal player” that Anet has established.

Anet has the right to make it however they deem fit (even if a large vocal portion of their player base disagrees), but invisible rules with drastic consequences RUIN fun.

(And as someone who has been unable to have enough gold to do more than travel/repair due to DR – no gold IS drastic)

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Tradewind.6913

Because people refuse to listen to common sense. A 96 hour long DR? Get real.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: Canopus.3897

Canopus.3897

arena net may be doing lots of things to reduce players that like to abuse some things to earn lots of money. theory
but the only thing i see happening in facts is a lot of “normal” players getting more poor everyday, and the players that like to abuse things finding something else to abuse and getting every time much rich. (sorry for the bad english xD still trying to improve)

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

I understand “bad luck” but a lot of farmers like myself have not received even close to the amount of rares I normally receive. As an example my brother and I just finished about an hour of The Cursed Shore farming karma. The end results…

Him: 6 rares
Me: 0 rares

Now I have over 100% magic find and he has 0… yet we both had 8 hours of nothing in between since our last farm (he does not farm even close to as much as I) yet this has been going on for DAYS. Unlucky streak? I think not.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

Do you change zones and fight different mobs? I think their automated system has you pegged for a gold farmer.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

The day before yesterday I was leveling my alts (specifically my guardian in the level 15-25 norn area and metrica province for my asura mesmer) I swear I got almost no blues (mats or gear) everything was junk and whites. I also did claw of jormag event with my 80 necro and got a green rabid medallion

Yesterday I continue doing the same and finishing the same low level areas and suddenly I’m flooded in bags with a lot of fine mats an 7 greens in total (toons are level 15 an 25 today) and My Necro did Claw of jormag again and got a rare + another rabid medallion.

Luck is like that even if the streak lasts for days in a year the god and the bad streaks even out.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

Do you change zones and fight different mobs? I think their automated system has you pegged for a gold farmer.

To be honest my daily routine is farming The Cursed Shore; hitting diminishing returns and logging on my alt for about 30 minutes and than logging back on to farm in The Cursed Shore for karma. That might be the reason why I am getting almost nothing for the last few days. I was thinking it was bad luck at first but after the 4th day… soon to be 5th I am now thinking I might be pegged. =|

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

The day before yesterday I was leveling my alts (specifically my guardian in the level 15-25 norn area and metrica province for my asura mesmer) I swear I got almost no blues (mats or gear) everything was junk and whites. I also did claw of jormag event with my 80 necro and got a green rabid medallion

Yesterday I continue doing the same and finishing the same low level areas and suddenly I’m flooded in bags with a lot of fine mats an 7 greens in total (toons are level 15 an 25 today) and My Necro did Claw of jormag again and got a rare + another rabid medallion.

The difference is mine started on MONDAY and now it’s FRIDAY and it’s still persisting… =P
Luck is like that even if the streak lasts for days in a year the god and the bad streaks even out.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: vox.5019

vox.5019

I don’t really play much anymore thanks to the bots but I was in cursed shore for a couple hours doing events today. I have full MF armor with pirate runes and a traveler medallion for the 6th, explorer GS of luck, and MF accessories. Got 1 rare during that time.

A week or two ago I would usually get 1 rare most events, and some of those that presented me rares would give me 2-3.

Today was a small sample so it’s anecdotal sure. But it’s enough to make me think about it. If they do change things like this it’s exactly the sort of thing that’s important to put in patch notes, ninja loot patches are never good.

This industry just needs to move on. We’ve seen a bunch of “WoW 2.0” attempts, and
who actually wants that? Do we really want to be playing those same game mechanics for
another 5 or 10 years? -Mike O’Brien

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

I understand “bad luck” but a lot of farmers like myself have not received even close to the amount of rares I normally receive. As an example my brother and I just finished about an hour of The Cursed Shore farming karma. The end results…

Him: 6 rares
Me: 0 rares

Now I have over 100% magic find and he has 0… yet we both had 8 hours of nothing in between since our last farm (he does not farm even close to as much as I) yet this has been going on for DAYS. Unlucky streak? I think not.

ergo.. you probably should take off the magic find gear. If your getting screwed and he’s not – then you copy him.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

I don’t really play much anymore thanks to the bots but I was in cursed shore for a couple hours doing events today. I have full MF armor with pirate runes and a traveler medallion for the 6th, explorer GS of luck, and MF accessories. Got 1 rare during that time.

A week or two ago I would usually get 1 rare most events, and some of those that presented me rares would give me 2-3.

Today was a small sample so it’s anecdotal sure. But it’s enough to make me think about it. If they do change things like this it’s exactly the sort of thing that’s important to put in patch notes, ninja loot patches are never good.

Exactly! Something seems to be going on with this. I’m just trying to figure put how to fix this dilemma because even if I do take my magic find gear I doubt I’ll be obtaining more rares.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

After resetting my DR twice I have still yet to see a rare let alone a green. What is going on here?!?!

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

After resetting my DR twice I have still yet to see a rare let alone a green. What is going on here?!?!

You’re not playing the way Anet wants you to play, you should stand still at one event all day, then you’ll never trigger the DR. It’s the only way to make bots not profitable…. oh wait.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Did you ever notice how many blue cars there are on the street? I mean, of course you don’t notice them because you don’t look for them. But once you start looking for blue cars, they are everywhere. Because if you’re looking for blue cars, you’ll find blue cars.

If you expect to see DR, then you will see DR.

Reminds me of when I played Magic: the Gathering Online. People insisted the shuffler was fixed because they never got the cards they wanted in a game. You can tell them a thousand ways from Sunday that the shuffler is random, there is nothing in the program that says a specific user will get bad cards every game, it averages out in the end… nothing will convince them because they expect to get bad draws, so the only thing they notice are bad draws.

Back when I played pen-n-paper D&D, I had a friend who insisted he always got bad rolls when making a new character. Nothing I said could convince him that the dice were random, he was sure that he always… you get the idea.

This will never change.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

An irrelevant example does not make an argument. Just for giggles though I’ll use your exact same example. "Did you ever notice how many blue cars there are on the street? I mean, of course you didn’t notice them because you don’t look for them. But once you start looking for blue cars, they are everywhere. Because if you’re looking for blue cars, you’ll find blue cars. " Unless you regularly experience hallucinations those blue cars still exist. You won’t necessarily see the DR if you don’t look for it, but just because you see one doesn’t mean you’re having a stroke, the DR like the blue cars do exist. I agree that it’s probably attributed to more things than it should be, but it can be extremely difficult to reset in some cases.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

“I agree that it’s probably attributed to more things than it should be, but it can be extremely difficult to reset in some cases.”

That’s my point. If you are looking for DR, every drop that isn’t what you want is evidence of DR. Sometimes the RNG just doesn’t go your way, but that doesn’t stop people from seeing it everywhere.

I don’t go around expecting DR to hit every time I kill something. Guess what? I’ve never been bothered by it. Twice I noticed when crafting that I didn’t seem to be getting a lot of XP when I stood there crafting for a long time. So I stopped crafting and went out to do something else for a while. It’s really not as big a deal as people are turning it into.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

I can understand what you are trying to say but using a sample size from previous weeks of obtaining at least 5 rares per hour to barely 2 rares every 2 hours presents me the idea something is wrong here.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: Bravix.3497

Bravix.3497

I haven’t gotten a rare for days. I’ve shoved probably 40 greens (so 10 runs) into the mystic forge and just gotten a green back out. I’ve also received no yellows from chests and loot. The only exception is that I occasionally got a dungeon specific rune/sigil that was yellow…in dungeons only, of course.

Was never having this much issue before. Quite annoying.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: Raigirin.2574

Raigirin.2574

Wow I didn’t know DR was 96 hours long. That is a bit over the top.
It just sounds to me like DR is punishing everyone.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

Wow I didn’t know DR was 96 hours long. That is a bit over the top.
It just sounds to me like DR is punishing everyone.

What do you mean?

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Given that it seems that the entire log-in/log-out no longer resets DR? I mean, going with the DR fanatics speculation?

Your idea of simply popping on to an alt and then popping back on to your main… In the same area… So you’re changing nothing about the code for that character at all…

Ya, no wonder you’re running in to the farming code. Durr.

Go farm in different areas and see what happens.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Sometimes, DR doesn’t seem to reset automatically. I’ve hit the DR on a event just by doing it twice. The thing is, I did the event, went afk for around an hour, then did it again. However, if I do the same event twice within an hour, but do other events inbetween, I won’t see the DR.

When I was farming totems, on days 1 and 2 I found around 12 each. On days 3 and 4 I only found around 3 each. I would suspect that not only is there a DR on mobs of the same type, but there is also a DR on being in the same zone for too long.

Leave Orr completely and go somewhere different, like Frostgorge. Who knows how long the DR will last, so stay there for at least 1 full day.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

Sometimes, DR doesn’t seem to reset automatically. I’ve hit the DR on a event just by doing it twice. The thing is, I did the event, went afk for around an hour, then did it again. However, if I do the same event twice within an hour, but do other events inbetween, I won’t see the DR.

When I was farming totems, on days 1 and 2 I found around 12 each. On days 3 and 4 I only found around 3 each. I would suspect that not only is there a DR on mobs of the same type, but there is also a DR on being in the same zone for too long.

Leave Orr completely and go somewhere different, like Frostgorge. Who knows how long the DR will last, so stay there for at least 1 full day.

This DR system is horrible. We NEED to know the rules so people like me and the rest of the farming community are not punished for playing normally!!!

DR on Loot Lasting Days

EndlessDreamer.6780

I think the point is that you can’t farm the same event over and over. You have to do other events as well. The same for farming the same mobs or farming in the same general area. If you notice that you are getting DR within an event, go do some others. I know if you do the same event too many times during an hour, your rewards will start to lower, but you can do an event right next to it and get full rewards if you haven’t done it at all.

I know the few times I’ve actually gotten DR I’ve managed to wipe it by just going to the opposite end of the field and killing stuff along the way.

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

What I am still curious is why mine still lasting after 4 days though?

DR on Loot Lasting Days

EndlessDreamer.6780

Oh, I missed the part where you were leaving areas with your farming character. I thought you were doing it with your alts, which is why I was so confused.

No clue then. Send in a support ticket and see what they have to say?

Cause DR does exist, they have said as much, but they have also said that it’s not supposed to effect people playing normally. It seems like it’s been bugged for a few people, so again, ticket might be your best answer in case the DR code just dislikes you.

Again, sorry for misreading your post. ^-^;

DR on Loot Lasting Days

Xionaz.7065

Oh, I missed the part where you were leaving areas with your farming character. I thought you were doing it with your alts, which is why I was so confused.

No clue then. Send in a support ticket and see what they have to say?

Said to put one in game to report a bug… =|

Wish I could get a response that was automated…