Dailies - Need HoT and Dungeon Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sparrow.5936

Sparrow.5936

Let’s not fool ourselves, it’s incredibly easy to finish 3 dailies of our choice every time we login. Since it’s already so easy, why not add some HoT dailies to the mix so we don’t have to stop what we’re doing inside the expansion to get them done? Would be nice and welcome addition. (one days example: 4 events in auric basin, Defeat the champ wyvern in verdant brink, mining/lumbering/gathering, etc.. )

Also, now that all this new content is out and that’s what people want to play, it is becoming more and more difficult to find dungeon runs for tokens/gifts completion. A simple solution would be to add a rotation of dungeon run dailies. People love their achievement points and it would help to encourage people to do old content more.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Right?

Actually though, I think that adding some dailies in the Fractals style to dungeons would be amazing. It would give some extra rewards that would help make the dungeoneers happier, incentivize experienced players to run them so that newer players can get some dungeons in, and go miles towards helping people acquire dungeon skins and armor (because these daily chests should drop the dungeon tokens associated with the dungeon they came from). Seriously, this is such a huge Quality of Life addition so I don’t know why Anet didn’t do it.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I don’t think they’d add dungeon dailies. They straight up said they were trying to get people to do other things instead when they dropped the rewards.

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

I like your ideas but……

1. The idea of dailies is in large part to encourage people to, firstly, log-on each day, and secondly, to play a variety of content so that all areas of the game continue to thrive with some level of activity. HoT does not require this additional incentive to attract player activity (at this time). Sure, it would make getting dailies done easier as a by-product of doing what many are already doing, but this is not what dailies are in part meant to accomplish.

2. As a dungeon lover, it would be awesome to see dungeon dailies but seeing as it was Anet’s intention to get players to STOP playing dungeons, this will never happen (unless they decide to change their position on this issue).

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, they bluntly said they’re trying to keep people’s interests away from dungeons now. So, I don’t see them adding them as a Daily anytime soon.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

They want dungeons to exists specifically for the token items at this point.

The other dailies exist to drive people to do core tyria open world content until the end of time so the zones are always at least somewhat populated for new players.

I wouldn’t image HoT zones being on the daily rotation until hoT becomes part of the free game for that reason.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

• Add a fifth daily to each section. This daily is a HoT-only daily. In PvE, it’s a 50% chance it refers to stuff in the Magus Falls maps.
  • Add fractal dailies to the log-in screen list and the Daily section. The fifth HoT-only daily is the one requiring the mastery to unlock.
  • Expand list of available dailies.

PvP reward tracks lead me to believe that they just want dungeons to not exist.

Aside from the dungeon achievements (not the collections at that), there’s no need to do dungeons. Ever.

They had a chance to make them relevant despite nerfing the rewards with the legendary precursor collections. What do they do? Fractals, fractals, same goals as other legendaries, fractals!

-_-

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

• Add a fifth daily to each section. This daily is a HoT-only daily. In PvE, it’s a 50% chance it refers to stuff in the Magus Falls maps.
  • Add fractal dailies to the log-in screen list and the Daily section. The fifth HoT-only daily is the one requiring the mastery to unlock.
  • Expand list of available dailies.

PvP reward tracks lead me to believe that they just want dungeons to not exist.

Aside from the dungeon achievements (not the collections at that), there’s no need to do dungeons. Ever.

They had a chance to make them relevant despite nerfing the rewards with the legendary precursor collections. What do they do? Fractals, fractals, same goals as other legendaries, fractals!

-_-

PvP rewards tracks aren’t really indicitive of any such mentality. They have a pretty good track record of adding reward track lines for all pve content since they invented that system. Their obvious intent is that everything but “top end” PvE rewards are obtainable through PvP.

They don’t (and rightly shouldn’t) view dungeons as top end content.

I actually really like the refocus on fractals and the new single fractal system. In theory it’s easier to push an occasional fractal more often than an occasional dungeon path due to length and expected narrative complexity. Not to mention, with fractals, there’s a shared reward pool and thus there’s no design time spent on figuring out reward schemes.

People kinda hate the system, but I rather like the structure of the new dailies and what they mean for puggable content, or quick runs without the need to necessarily “speed run” content.

Now, it remains to be seen if they actually use all the design advantages afforded by the fractal framework to produce group content or if they simply let fractals fester with no new content for another age.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Also, now that all this new content is out and that’s what people want to play,

Not if you don’t have it (or intent to) and are not part of the HoT knight guild!!!

Posted by: Barinthus.8347

Barinthus.8347

I’m not so sure about HOT events since not everybody have HoT exp but again there are so many dailies and we only need three to get the completionist so perhaps it’s no big deal.

I am definitely down for specific dungeon dailies, just thought of that last night. It’d help to attract more players to dungeons making it easier to LFG for a dungeon that day. Alas, it seems Anet don’t want people to play dungeons so…

Seeking Deaf Players. People who don’t use voice software welcome too!