Dailies, WvW?

Dailies, WvW?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

We have a daily for PvE, and we have a daily for PvP, but why isn’t there something for WvW? I know, on it’s face this seems frivolous. But, hear me out please.

Being an adult with a full time job and a family my evenings as a gamer aren’t what they once were when I was a young single person. I can’t tie up as many hours any more. Therefore, when I log in, I want to play the game in the fashion that I most enjoy. For me, and many of my guild mates, that is doing some WvW.

As it stands, I have to give up my WvW time and go run around the PvE world killing this and that, collecting resources, even crafting now and basically doing many things that have little to nothing to do with what I want to do with my time. Thankfully, several of our tasks transfer over to the WvW setting and we can accomplish them that way. But why not separate these things out and just make a WvW daily?

Rezzing other players? Could be PvE or WvW. Collecting resources? PvE for sure. Crafting? PvE again. Events and Elites? Could go either also. But how about, Take a tower? Capture 5 (insert your choice of building/camp/ etc). Defend (insert your choice of building/camp/ etc).

You get the idea.

Dailies, WvW?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I get my daily for PvE in WvW, so it may as well be a WvW daily.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Dailies, WvW?

Posted by: Aearon.5691

Aearon.5691

There was some mention of a “WvW progression path” in one of the dev’s blog post. Not many details however. But still, why do you feel the need to do the dailies? The rewards aren’t that useful if you only ever do WvW.

Dailies, WvW?

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

I feel the need to do the daily for laurels to get the ascended gear that as far as I can tell is better than level 80 exotic gear. As it is, the likelyhood of me getting ascended rings is slim and none since I don’t have a single character (out of 6 80’s) that can go above fractal 3. I just am not into that content, I have done fotm a few times but it isn’t what I like personally.

Really, I wouldn’t care a lick about ascended gear if people couldn’t come into WvW with it on. However, I’m a realist, Anet isn’t going to suddenly stop ascended gear production, they aren’t likely to remove it from WvW use. If anything, there will be full suits of it at some future point and when the time comes that I am losing to people based on stats and gear and nothing that has to do with skill it will kill this game for me.

Otherwise, yes they have mentioned (ambiguously) some sort of WvW progression path and I, and my guildies, are waiting in anticipation, hoping for good news.

@Rising Dusk – While I could do the daily in WvW so long as it doesn’t include crafting now, I would still choose to do resource collection on the PvE side of the house because I need T6 mats in abundance.

Dailies, WvW?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You can still do your daily even if it does have crafting. Go to your borderlands and refine 10 ingots or something and you have it done. The only thing you legit cannot do is the “Visit a Laurel Merchant” achievement, which just requires you step into any of the cities for a hot minute.

That said, February is supposed to be some big hotshot WvW patch month, which will hopefully see some WvW progression and maybe some ascended items earned from WvW. If that comes to pass, you won’t have to worry too much about losing fights due to stat differentials.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!