Dailies and Monthly isn't enough

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

May I have some more? Please sir?

Ok I am done with daily in 15-30 minutes, and my monthly is complete so now I got nothing for rest of the month…

I would like more achievements or goals to work for…

I am a casual player, but I guess I should have taken my time with laurels so now I got nothing for the next 20 days except dailies…

Is there any plans to add more rewards or goals… maybe titles?
Not asking for the world, just something more than drifting around like a lvl 80 ghost.

Posted by: cobrahorse.4329

cobrahorse.4329

Well arena net said that you should be able to do what you want and not forced to do something just cause its rewarding. This works perfect with the xp. But as soon as you hit 80 the xp is almost useless and game over. The xp should be the MAIN rewarding this in the game cause it enables you to do whatever and get good rewards….

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Do you have all your slayers done? That giant slayer one will take a while. Start on that.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Well arena net said that you should be able to do what you want and not forced to do something just cause its rewarding. This works perfect with the xp. But as soon as you hit 80 the xp is almost useless and game over. The xp should be the MAIN rewarding this in the game cause it enables you to do whatever and get good rewards….

Trading skill points for laurels is something that could work.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

There are titles, and there are a ton of achievements.
Also, the game isn’t about doing dailies and monthlies. Those rewards are there to reward gameplay that should be occurring naturally. They aren’t meant to become your entire gameplay goal, that’s just sad >.>

Have you got 100% map completion? Have you done Jumping Puzzles? Run all the dungeons in story mode? done all the explorable paths? Have you tried some FoTM? Do you have exotic gear? Made any progress towards a legendary? Revisited some areas you haven’t been to for a while? Tried WvW? Tried PvP?

There is a kitten-load of stuff you could be doing. Go do some of it

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Do you have all your slayers done? That giant slayer one will take a while. Start on that.

Looky that…

excuse me while I go find a giant…

Posted by: Aziff.3248

Aziff.3248

Looky that…

excuse me while I go find a giant…

There is one in event at Town of Nageling, have 2/100 atm!

+1600 hours played as Asura Necromancer | Miniature Collector
Pain Killer [pK] | Blacktide EU | PVE: Corruptionmancer | PVP: Support Wellmancer

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

I’m still working on my Monthly. Thank goodness it’s only the 10th, but I’m having a tough time finding all that stuff to salvage. It’s making a real dent in any WP and repair coin I could be making.

I’ve tried low level zones for whites and that didn’t work out so well. I might have to craft low level stuff with extra mats I have just to salvage them, I don’t know.

I dunno how you finished the monthly so quick, but I’m glad there is still a lot of time left.

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Skill points for laurels is a bad idea, skill points are too easy to get post 80.

Do your dungeon monthly at the same time, you get tons of stuff to salvage from them, as well as events, hearts and generally running around.

Failing that, drop a gold and buy scrap on the tp.

Posted by: Aziff.3248

Aziff.3248

You can just buy some thrash for salvage and complete your monthly.

+1600 hours played as Asura Necromancer | Miniature Collector
Pain Killer [pK] | Blacktide EU | PVE: Corruptionmancer | PVP: Support Wellmancer

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

oh , and why not make this system for solo..get rid of the dungeon on the monthly. Dungeons are way too hard and too long now for non-hardcore from what I hear. Why force folks to do something that is too hard to be fun?

(edited by Anwar.2018)

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I hope the guild missions are good as well. Those seem like something I could really get into.

oh , and why not make this system for solo..get rid of the dungeon on the monthly. Dungeons are way too hard and too long now for non-hardcore from what I hear. Why force folks to do something that is too hard to be fun?

dungeons are not difficult. They just need to be learned…3 runs on any path and you should understand exactly how to approach it.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

I hope the guild missions are good as well. Those seem like something I could really get into.

dungeons are not difficult. They just need to be learned…3 runs on any path and you should understand exactly how to approach it.

3 runs (minimum, probably means double that…or more…. these games usually make everything harder by closing exploits and “adjusting challenge” as time goes on) a group of noobs spending hours of repeats to learn something is not fun, if you have started the game late…or you finally find an experienced group, inform them that you’re a virgin and you’re kicked, because they are looking for a quick run for some particular loot. Naw, just make this one system for everyone….have an alternate something that newbies and non-hardcore can do to complete the monthlies.