Dailies are a punishment to some

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

This game is suppose to be play how you want and I love that BUT i do not like the dailies because I don’t want to “slay 40 monsters at X” or “kill 10 enemes in WvW”. Granted, I am not forced to do them but I am certainly punish if I don’t and I think that’s quite unfair in a “play how you want” game.

How exactly am I punished? Economically. Everyone who completes the dailies gets some silvers + mystic coin + a Jar of karma accompanied by some experience.

I have no problem with the fact that players are being rewarded for playing in a certain way but I do have a problem when that reward directly punish people who don’t. What this means is that gold will be inflated(thanks to money and coin reward + karma conversion to gold) and thus, the people who completes dailies will NEGATIVELY impact others who don’t.

Experience and achievement points are okay because it directly reward the intended player but does not negatively impact others, unlike the monetary reward.

Thoughts?

(edited by Sky.7610)

Posted by: Boingboing.4019

Boingboing.4019

Dailies happen by playing the game. No end of times I have completed the daily without acknowledging its existence. If during the course of a session you do not happen to complete it, you put aside a little time during the end of your session to see what you need to complete said daily.

Now I am not going to list all the ways to make dailies go faster, but you will learn after a while how to make a daily not last longer than 15 minutes. Sure as heck beats 15 minutes hanging in Lion’s Arch wondering what everyone else is up to.

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

“How exactly am I punished? Economically. Everyone who completes the dailies gets some silvers + mystic coin + a Jar of karma accompanied by some experience.”

^You are not punished. You are just not rewarded. Huge difference. Why are you not rewarded? Because you didn’t do the event, and they did. Do you expect to gain when you dont even bother to log in now?

I dont do fractals so im punished by not getting free ascended gear? Hells NO

You are not going to get paid if you dont go to work.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

you do it, you get some extra rewards.
you do not do it, you do not get some extra rewards.

it is just that simple.

it is called daily achievements.
it is not called daily entitlements.

Sky.7610

“How exactly am I punished? Economically. Everyone who completes the dailies gets some silvers + mystic coin + a Jar of karma accompanied by some experience.”

^You are not punished. You are just not rewarded. Huge difference. Why are you not rewarded? Because you didn’t do the event, and they did. Do you expect to gain when you dont even bother to log in now?

I’m being punished because that free money, mystic coin, and karma you got from the daily makes my gold less valuable due to inflation, therefore I am being punished.

Getting ascended gear in fractal does not harm you and is only beneficial to the person wielding it and cause no harm to others.

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Nope.
All that matters is being statistically up-to-date.
After that anything you want is flavor not necessity.
I am not statistically up-to-date and am not loosing any sleep over it, because I can get so when I feel to and money after that point is pointless.

The great forum duppy.

Posted by: Parth Vader.1562

Parth Vader.1562

That’s like saying I’m being punished because other people can play more than me during the day.

Dailies can take 15 minutes to do, and, for me, they give direction. If you don’t want the reward or you don’t want to do the tasks, then don’t do them. You don’t really have any right to complain.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I’m being punished because that free money, mystic coin, and karma you got from the daily makes my gold less valuable due to inflation, therefore I am being punished.

Getting ascended gear in fractal does not harm you and is only beneficial to the person wielding it and cause no harm to others.

That the thing what happens to other ppl is not a reward or punishment for you. They are another person and have nothing to do with you. The main reason why its like this because there is nothing that is running out. There always going to be more money, mystic coin, and karma. As for ascended gear if another person gets one there is not less of them for you to have. I think your mixing up real life rules with in game rules.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Jski.6180

@ Sky.7610

I added this after you posted i think its better if i post it here.

I for the life of me cant think of the name of the rule but its where there is something to be hard and any one can take it so every will take it there by destroying the thing in the first places and no one will have any more. That is a real life rule of the effect of ppl getting something and how it could effect others but this is a game. In the gaming world that something NEVER runs out so every one can take as much as they wish from it with out destroying the thing in the first places.

Now beyond that point its very odd that the community has falling into “do not add new things for me to do because i do not want to do them” mind set. This is a very bad mind set because it will destroy the progress of the game (not progression). This will stop all new story lines all new events all new fixes it will stop an mmorpg at its core of constant changes and add on.

See your talking more about inflation that just going to happen with out any add on. The only way to stop this would be to add in more gold sinks to the game (WP cost are not enofe alone to do this). The daily are nothing in comparison to other events when it comes to inflation problems. Worst one atm is CoF to what speed you can run it and the gold drop from the mobs (no DR) adds a lot into the system.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Sky.7610

Nope.
All that matters is being statistically up-to-date.
After that anything you want is flavor not necessity.
I am not statistically up-to-date and am not loosing any sleep over it, because I can get so when I feel to and money after that point is pointless.

Theoretically, you would not feel punished and be okay if Anet took everything away from you that is not gear, as long as your statistically up to date?

That’s like saying I’m being punished because other people can play more than me during the day.

Dailies can take 15 minutes to do, and, for me, they give direction. If you don’t want the reward or you don’t want to do the tasks, then don’t do them. You don’t really have any right to complain.

Playing more would naturally yield better rewards. Thats not the problem, the problem is being punished for playing the same amount but not in a way dictated by the game, although the game was suppose to be played how you wish it to be.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You do know that you don’t have to do all the daily options, right?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Sky.7610

@ Sky.7610

I for the life of me cant think of the name of the rule but its where there is something to be hard and any one can take it so every will take it there by destroying the thing in the first places and no one will have any more. That is a real life rule of the effect of ppl getting something and how it could effect others but this is a game. In the gaming world that something NEVER runs out so every one can take as much as they wish from it with out destroying the thing in the first places.

Now beyond that point its very odd that the community has falling into “do not add new things for me to do because i do not want to do them” mind set. This is a very bad mind set because it will destroy the progress of the game (not progression). This will stop all new story lines all new events all new fixes it will stop an mmorpg at its core of constant changes and add on.

See your talking more about inflation that just going to happen with out any add on. The only way to stop this would be to add in more gold sinks to the game (WP cost are not enofe alone to do this). The daily are nothing in comparison to other events when it comes to inflation problems. Worst one atm is CoF to what speed you can run it and the gold drop from the mobs (no DR) adds a lot into the system.

I believe your looking for the word scarcity?

Anyway, i think the solution is to offer a wide range of things to do that is as equal in reward as possible so people can do what they want to do and actually be rewarded fairly for it. This way, it would also negate the negative effect of rewarding players who do X and punishing people who dont do X.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Excuse me. But it’s not free. We earned it by doing the dailies. Farming bosses for their chests does more damage than what you’re suggesting.

Forgive me, but your post made one word come to mind: entitled.

Gone to Reddit.

Jski.6180

@ Sky.7610

I believe your looking for the word scarcity?

Anyway, i think the solution is to offer a wide range of things to do that is as equal in reward as possible so people can do what they want to do and actually be rewarded fairly for it. This way, it would also negate the negative effect of rewarding players who do X and punishing people who dont do X.

They have adding in more ways to get your reward and they are adding in new things all the time. Now there are some things that you need to go outside of your “box” but that a good thing not a bad thing. This game is about doing new things its what makes it different from the stander mmorpg.

It is called Tragedy of the commons what i was thinking about.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

The money you get from dailies is negligible. Playing your own way will yield the same amount of money. How much money do you think you get from dailies? it’s like 5s…

Karma can’t be used to inflate the market, nor can mystic coins. Laurels will only make prices for t6 mats and exotics go down since there will be a nice injection of supply (if people are using laurels on those; most people save up for ascended gear, which is BoA and does not affect the market.

All of this translates to lower item prices, not higher… So what’s your problem? You’re actually rewarded for everyone else’s hard-work (like unemployment) with lower item prices for hard to get stuff, all the while you can wander aimlessly gathering herbs or hunting ambients.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Sky.7610

The money you get from dailies is negligible. Playing your own way will yield the same amount of money. How much money do you think you get from dailies? it’s like 5s…

Karma can’t be used to inflate the market, nor can mystic coins. Laurels will only make prices for t6 mats and exotics go down since there will be a nice injection of supply (if people are using laurels on those; most people save up for ascended gear, which is BoA and does not affect the market.

All of this translates to lower item prices, not higher… So what’s your problem? You’re actually rewarded for everyone else’s hard-work (like unemployment) with lower item prices for hard to get stuff, all the while you can wander aimlessly gathering herbs or hunting ambients.

This is a market fallacy to assume that everyone benefits from daily. People who receives mystic coin and laurels gains an economic advantage over those that don’t even if the price of certain items will decrease because that don’t do dailies will have to spend a greater sum of money to obtain them, thus creating a economic disadvantage among an identifiable group.

Yes, I know! I have decided, lets called this discrimination! :P

also 5s x # of people doing daily = ALOT of gold! x 7 days x 52 weeks x life of game = inflation machine.

Ardenwolfe.8590

This is your argument in a nutshell: You’re being punished for a job you refuse to do, while other are getting paid to do it. Therefore, it’s unfair that they’re getting paid, and you’re not, because their increased income will hurt the economy.

You don’t see a huge flaw in your reasoning?

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: MangoMan.3218

MangoMan.3218

I see your reasoning. The money you have becomes less valuable as other people gain money, and dailies help other people gain money, where you don’t feel like completing dailies.
However, the decrease in your own money is incredibly insignificantly affected. Dailies are a small bump in the road compared to anything else; dailies are not the only way people get money. People make much more money in other ways.
However, if I’m still wrong, what do you think should be done about this problem? Do you think we should completely remove daily rewards? Do you think the rewards should be decreased, or changed? My opinion is that dailies are fine how they are, and it might be game-breaking if they were changed. ANet will continue to add more types of dailies that you can choose to complete, widening the range of players who can complete dailies just by playing how they like, and that includes you.

Just vanquishing the hate. | Ziios, TC
http://www.youtube.com/MangoMiner

Sky.7610

This is your argument in a nutshell: You’re being punished for a job you refuse to do, while other are getting paid to do it. Therefore, it’s unfair that they’re getting paid, and you’re not, because their increased income will hurt the economy.

You don’t see a huge flaw in your reasoning?

I don’t generally pay to do do a job but I think its unfair that government print money then give it as a bonus to certain people that did something which was suppose to be optional, which in the process, devalue everyone else’s money.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

You say that the introduction of gold into the economy punishes you because of “inflation.” Thus, you think that however much gold you gain doing whatever you do in game entitles you to a certain amount of buying power. This is simply and categorically not true except with regard to fixed price items (like cultural armor). Buying the game entitles you to play (when the servers are open), not to enjoy the benefits of a stable economy.

Also, a lot of activities introduce gold into the economy. If people were not doing dailies, they’d be doing something else. Whatever these things were, they might well be more lucrative than dailies, since a lot of things one can do in game are.

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

So what?

Propose a solution.

Don’t just complain about 12 silver that a person who finishes a dungeon run in less than an hour wipes their bum with.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

When every second post is from the OP you can tell they are losing the argument.

Ardenwolfe.8590

You see, this is why no one is taking your topic seriously now. We’re taking about a video game that’s supposed to be for your entertainment. And you bring in a ‘real world’ example that’s not even remotely connected despite your sarcasm.

But, there’s something you’re forgetting.

You can buy gold with gems via the Trading Post. If nothing else, that should inflate the ‘economy’, more so than your given scenario, but instead it’s stayed somewhat level.

By the way, you did pay to do the ‘job’. You bought the game. Your call if you choose not to see the benefits of playing. But don’t take it out on those players that decide to play the game and gain the rewards offered.

You still have the option of not playing at all, thus removing yourself from the economic woes so wrongfully imposed on your persons.

Gone to Reddit.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yeah, we can see where this is going.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

You could make that argument for a lot of things. Like you can say people who play more get more green gear that they can sell for over 1 silver each. So therefore, should we not have green gear drop anymore? Should we make them give less money? You can say that people who play more can get rares/exotics more often. So should we increase the drop rates on all of those?

Truth be told, everything in the auction house is pretty cheap with the exception of some items (like precursors, some dyes, T6 mats, minis).

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

@OP:

Last night I did an experiment. I did not look at the Daily categories and did the following which is a usual routine for me these days:

- Frostgorge Sound to hit up the resource nodes there and hopefully catch the Claw of Jormag (I did).

- Travel to Blazeridge Steppes for Gold Ore mining and the Shatterer. Also, third-tier Fine Materials can be earned here so I try to kill all the things.

- Drop into WvW late night and fool around for a bit. More important since there’s been actual activity now on WvW and I’m still hoarding Badges.

I finished 4/5 of the Daily before I would have logged out so I dropped to the crafter and ran 10 Refinements. Done.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: OscarKitteh.7198

OscarKitteh.7198

So… if I don’t do dungeons… I should get tokens anyway because I want to “play my own way” which means no dungeons but it’s discrimination not to give me tokens? And I should get t6 mats while killing Queensdale bandits too.

People doing something that is accessible to everyone and getting a reward is clearly unfair and going to create inflation and a recession and pretty soon we’ll have NPCs being laid off, homeless begging Seraphs will crowd Divinity’s Reach, Asura cost-cutting will lead to even more things exploding and warping the time-space continuum.

Game economies have many fixed prices and fixed costs and inflation can be managed quite easily through introducing gold sinks. Even if inflation was a significant issue – you are talking about an amount of money that is so small that people are making many, many times over that amount, whether they do the daily or not.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

the OP is taking the word “punishment” waaaay out of context. sigh It seems every Tom, kitten and Harry will throw around that word whenever whatever playstyle they do isn’t rewarded in an attempt to gain sympathy.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Clearly they should just not reward anything because that’s forcing players do it and punishing those who don’t. Everyone should just get a set amount of money every day.

Seriously though, you make that argument for pretty much any activity in the game. Dailies don’t even give you that much money. It’s the cost of a waypoint or two. You get more just from running a dungeon.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Posted by: Celuwen.1752

Celuwen.1752

I’m curious, OP, what is it that you enjoy doing while playing Guild Wars 2?

Until this month, I’d never completed a monthly, mostly because I dislike PvP. I’d made the choice that the monthly rewards were not enticing enough for me to game outside my usual play-style. I imagine that you are doing the same with the dailies.

I can imagine dailies are a frustrating concept if you cannot log in for half an hour every day, but your post implies that you do log in regularly, but prefer not to complete the daily.

I think there is always a compromise when playing an MMO; either you jump through the hoops or you don’t get the shinies. You must decide whether the benefits of the dailies are worthwhile and if they are not, then you must accept that you have made that choice.

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

Oh its another attempt at the reversal… I hear kittens hahahah.

What you the OP is attempting to do is somehow take the reward-1 for doing action-1 and state that because they don’t action-1 they are at some form of disadvantage-1

This is not a personal playground/sandbox – you want a reward you play by the system and get it aye?

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I love it how a reward for hitting certain goals is considered a punishment.

“Okay Johnny, for every A I’ll give you $20”
“Why are you punishing me!?!?!”

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

It does not impact a single thing. Here’s why.

5 dailies nets you at most 3 silver. Now unless your are going to run everywhere in the game, all this does is allows you to save at minimum ONE trip via waypoint. So there for no real impact. ( traveling to the closest waypoint at 80 is anywhere from 1S 30C to 4S)

Mystic coins. Now let’s say EVERYONE is selling them on the auction house. The way the game goes is the more sold the less the price of the item for people to buy. However unless your NEVER going to spend money on ANYTHING in the game selling a few mystic coins isn’t going to net you any major money because there are many money sinks in order to counter your profits. Also not everyone is selling mystic coins because they are needed for legendary weapons.

Jugs of Karma are just that, karma. They are used for items that really do not impact global economy what so ever because most items are account bound/ soul bound/ used for items to craft ( which can also cost money)

Every once in a while you get ONE basic transmute stone “Yea take THAT gem store!”

All and all just because your not getting that .5% extra whatevers for doing the daily doesn’t mean your being impacted. It’s not going to “inflate” anything and sure as heck isn’t going to destroy the economy.

What dailies are extra things and ways to help get your characters some extra little stuff on the side. For example. I do dailies with my alts to help give them the extra karma and XP while I save my laurels for the ascended gear for my main character. That isn’t going to effect jack squat.

Just really comes down to using “common sense” on this “issue”

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

You are really digging the bottom of the barrel for this complaint.

You do not have to do them. You are not being forced to do anything. Any reason that you think you are getting punished is a false perception on your part.

I like the daily. I can usually do most and often all by just playing the game in the first place. Usually there is something on that list I’m going to do anyway if I need to go to a specific area like farming for kills for drops or even a event or craft something I need anyway. I don’t see why you would have a problem with getting them done if you want the reward.

If I miss a daily or several, it doesn’t matter.

I think you just want to complain about something.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I love it how a reward for hitting certain goals is considered a punishment.

“Okay Johnny, for every A I’ll give you $20”
“Why are you punishing me!?!?!”

It’s more “Why are you punishing me for getting Bs?” from where I stand, if you want to use that analogy. I, unfortunately, really don’t like analogies because they get inevitably picked apart and having more and more extra things stuck in them until the point is lost

And to pre-empt someone taking my post above and complaining “but I don’t want to do WvW”, then I would have skipped it in favor of the Mystic Forge – I had close to 18-20 blue items from the previous bits of messing about I could have burned up for that.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Valdur.3607

Valdur.3607

@OP:

Last night I did an experiment. I did not look at the Daily categories and did the following which is a usual routine for me these days:

- Frostgorge Sound to hit up the resource nodes there and hopefully catch the Claw of Jormag (I did).

- Travel to Blazeridge Steppes for Gold Ore mining and the Shatterer. Also, third-tier Fine Materials can be earned here so I try to kill all the things.

- Drop into WvW late night and fool around for a bit. More important since there’s been actual activity now on WvW and I’m still hoarding Badges.

I finished 4/5 of the Daily before I would have logged out so I dropped to the crafter and ran 10 Refinements. Done.

Exactly! Just playing the game will complete 3 to 4 of the tasks and if one really want to complete the last one it might take like 10 minutes.

I don’t see why/what OP is complaining about thus making him/her sounds like a drama Queen.

Posted by: Niila Nuppunen.9875

Niila Nuppunen.9875

Sorry OP, I laughed at your post

1. Play you own way. This means you can pick any 5 achievements for you daily category to complete so you have to grind as minimally as possible. It can’t get any better than that.

2. Gold will be inflated. Yeah right. But you can say this from pretty much everything other players do in the game since most of the activities just generate gold to system out from nothing. If you are going to argue like that you must prevent others from playing at. No wpvp because it inflates the gold and punishes you. No cof p1. No world bosses. It all punishes you in the end. Because this game is about you. In fact the 5s and karma that the daily generates is least of you inflation-causing worries.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

@OP:

Exactly! Just playing the game will complete 3 to 4 of the tasks and if one really want to complete the last one it might take like 10 minutes.

I don’t see why/what OP is complaining about thus making him/her sounds like a drama Queen.

Here’s the sad thing . . . I know how he feels about this, and know the mindset which leads into feeling this is put upon him.

And it’s really set in Laurels. Heck, it was set in Mystic Coins before Laurels or the Karma Jugs were a part of this. Mystic Coins were keys to really neat gear in the Mystic Forge. And they were essential to earning Legendaries.

So it was either buy them or do your Daily regularly.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it is called daily achievements.
it is NOT called daily entitlements.

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

i also feel punished because others play warriors and i dont want to. now i got no warrior!! But i want one!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m with Tobias on this. While I don’t really support the OP’s position, I can understand where he’s coming from. I, too, feel kinda “pressured” to log in every day to do my Dailies to ensure I don’t miss out on my Laurels. It’s not really an issue since most of the tasks can be completed pretty easily, but it does require me to restructure my nightly GW2 playing to accomodate completing the tasks, something which I didn’t have to do originally with Dailies in their original form.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m with Tobias on this. While I don’t really support the OP’s position, I can understand where he’s coming from. I, too, feel kinda “pressured” to log in every day to do my Dailies to ensure I don’t miss out on my Laurels. It’s not really an issue since most of the tasks can be completed pretty easily, but it does require me to restructure my nightly GW2 playing to accomodate completing the tasks, something which I didn’t have to do originally with Dailies in their original form.

The difference is I . . . well, I was mostly done with my ranger at 80 and personal story wise for a couple months now (save those last few steps in Orr). So, there’s a confession: I was mostly “shapeless playing” anyway so it was easy to look, figure out a way to get through the daily requirement and just do it.

On the one hand, I have seen there are a lot of players who are in the same position. “We’ve done everything we wanted to do, what’s left we’re not keen on.”

On the other? Might be difficult for new players or ones who took a break and came back now to really buy into so easily. I guess the best news is there seems to be a sort of pattern to the Daily choices, and the Monthly this month was one of those “real simple” ones.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

While im sorry the OP missed the last ship out of Sanctum Cay today maybe you can catch it s tomorrow they always have goodie bags

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

What? o.O

You’re saying the 5 silver you get from dailies is going to cause massive inflation

As opposed to selling greens to NPCs for 2 silver each, and most people get a stack of 20 in less than an hour…

Should we worry about leaky faucets because it’s causing the sea level to rise?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

What? o.O

You’re saying the 5 silver you get from dailies is going to cause massive inflation

As opposed to selling greens to NPCs for 2 silver each, and most people get a stack of 20 in less than an hour…

Should we worry about leaky faucets because it’s causing the sea level to rise?

Erosion. Leaky faucets can’t cause the sea level to rise because they’re just moving water instead of creating it

Posted by: Davidegasti.1796

Davidegasti.1796

I currently have 55 laurels. One of my guildies has around 70.
So, following your statement, my guildie damaged me by 75s + 90s he can get by selling mystic coins.

Oh wait, i can do 30 minutes of CoF Path1 and get more than 1,65g.

Oh, but he has 15 more Jugs of Karma than me!
But wait, i have 2+ stacks of Drops of Karma earned with dungeons, plus 100k karma done without even noticing it.

Srsly, i LOL’d

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

welcome to the “casual” gaming market of today, where even the tiniest amount of challenge&reward, be it as small as logging in and completing a handful of very, very easy tasks, will cause some people to shout “unfair!”. I guess MMORPGs future is really bleak in our entitlement society.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Posting on the forums should count as part of the dailies since obviously people spend more time complaining about them then actually doing them.

Some of the daily choices are stupid and require detours, especially when there aren’t even 5 that are pleasant. However, let’s not use so much hyperbole that one is automatically disenfranchised and economically punished. There’s no reason why the game should hand out a reward to you for not meeting the requirements for it. It is not free.

And honestly if 12 silver + a jug of worthless karma prevents you from being competitive in the market, there’s much more to worry about. It would be like me complaining that I am being punished for not doing CoF over and over again , since they get such larger rewards.

And no, the nature of a game is that you don’t get rewarded for doing just anything even if you spend the same amount of time than other people. A game has certain goals and objectives. If my idea of fun is running in a circle and killing critters/moas all days, I should be able to do it, but I shouldn’t be expected to receive the same stuff as everyone else.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

“Posting on the forums should count as part of the dailies since obviously people spend more time complaining about them then actually doing them.”

Haha. Best statement i heard in a while. The irony. I guess complaining is more fun.

Posted by: Silver.8791

Silver.8791

the only part of dailies, that punishes people who don’t finish them every day, are the laurels.
if you play 20 hours, but only on the weekend, u can get a lot more karma and gold than someone who plays 7 hours with 1hr/day. thus you can even get more mystic coins and achievement points through the trading post than your counterpart.

the only part which is different are the laurels. but imo that’s the worst part of all, to place a time-gate upon, cause you NEED them, to get best in slot equipment. so if you don’t finish dailies, you’re punished by worse equipment than others for a prolonged period of time time.
that could be fixed by implementing several viable ways to get ascended… but we all know that anet seems to take their time with that…