Dailies are a punishment to some

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Its not a punishment no matter how many rediculous strawman arguments you make. Punishment by definition means;

Punishment (also known as discipline or penalty) is the authoritative imposition of something undesirable or unpleasant on, or the removal of something desirable or pleasant from, a person, animal, organization or entity in response to behavior deemed unacceptable by an individual, group or other entity.

Not doing dailes is not a punishment. Seriously go get a job and try claiming not getting a work related bonus is a punishment. You would get laughed out the bosses office.

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Its not a punishment no matter how many rediculous strawman arguments you make. Punishment by definition means;

Punishment (also known as discipline or penalty) is the authoritative imposition of something undesirable or unpleasant on, or the removal of something desirable or pleasant from, a person, animal, organization or entity in response to behavior deemed unacceptable by an individual, group or other entity.

Not doing dailes is not a punishment. Seriously go get a job and try claiming not getting a work related bonus is a punishment. You would get laughed out the bosses office.

Dont bother wasting your time, OP is trolling you because he has no life.

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

Authority: Anet
Imposition of something undesirable: doing daily or be economically disadvantaged ever so slightly.

Conclusion: punishment.

Posted by: sonicwylde.2906

sonicwylde.2906

[/quote]

I’m being punished because that free money, mystic coin, and karma you got from the daily makes my gold less valuable due to inflation, therefore I am being punished.

Getting ascended gear in fractal does not harm you and is only beneficial to the person wielding it and cause no harm to others.
[/quote]

Its not free money, coin and karma, you have to complete 5 things to get that, therefore one is doing some work to get that silver, coin, and karma.

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Wrong. Nothing was removed, nothing was imposed. You just didnt do enough to earn your bonus.

Welcome to the real world.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You have $1. You were happily able to buy an apple. I give a bonus to every person in the country $50,000 (example). Would that apple still cost $1? Probably not, but nothing were removed from you! So why is this not a punishment?
———————————————————————————
@everyone else, Yes, you running dungeons, events, w/e ruins my gaming experience! Sky orders you to stop this atrocious act!

Oh joy, the misunderstandings of economics and the mangling of analogies.

He has $1. He can buy an apple.

You give every person in the country a check for $50,000. You go to jail for bank fraud, because that’s more money than technically exists in the system worldwide. We all laugh and frame the checks with “VOID” stamped across them.

He has an apple and no longer has $1, just whatever it didn’t cost as change. You are in jail where there are no apples.

That’s punishment.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

Imposition of something undesirable: doing daily or be economically disadvantaged ever so slightly.

Erm, isn’t the same as saying you don’t have time to run dungeons or do boss events or even play until weekends?

All those activities give more gold per time played then the daily, and using the same exact logic you say about dailies, I could argue that I’m am being imposed of doing something undesirable or be economically disadvantaged thus making it a punishment.

Dailies actually give you more ways to get certain things. It’s just another reward system that you can choose to do or not. Most people do them though because it’s relatively easy compared to most other things.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Some people really need to learn the difference between a bonus and a punishment.

Dailies are a bonus.

Not doing dailies is not a punishment, your just not getting your bonus.

If it was really a punishemnt then you would have X number of gold or gear REMOVED from your account for NOT doing the daily.

You have $1. You were happily able to buy an apple. I give a bonus to every person in the country $50,000 (example). Would that apple still cost $1? Probably not, but nothing were removed from you! So why is this not a punishment?
———————————————————————————
@everyone else, Yes, you running dungeons, events, w/e ruins my gaming experience! Sky orders you to stop this atrocious act!

Your analogy of whatever you were show is entirely invalid not to mention, hugely inflated if you were comparing daily achievement as the $50,000.

A more appropriate analogy is this. You have 1 dollar (I assume this is your entire fortune?), you can happily buy an apple with it (why an apple I don’t know). Government offered us daily jobs to everyone in the country. Those who choose to take on the job will get paid 10 cents. The apple still cost 1 dollar (your entire fortune) and no kittens were killed.

The difference in my analogy is that one: the daily achievement is not something you get handed out for free (i.e your $50,000 example), it is more similar to an optional job that you may or may not wish to partake. It’s almost like doing an event and getting karma and exp for it, no one complains why they can’t just get karma and exp SPONTANEOUSLY without doing anything at all. If you don’t want to do the achievement, don’t do it. The reward is just a chance for a gem store item, some exp, karma, daily coin and a little bit of money. People who do the achievement are not getting any significant advantage over someone who didn’t do it. They are getting paid for what they worked for.

So my question is, what makes you so special that you should get for free what others willingly worked for?

Posted by: Sokina.8041

Sokina.8041

The punishment of not doing dailies is not getting the reward for doing dailies.

Let’s talk inflation. Recently they talked about nerfing the boss chests for alts. Just like that, ectos went from 23 silver to 35 silver. Just like that. For no good reason other than people are scared.

Final Rest tripled in price. Which in that thread you said you had what, 5 digit gold? You’re either a liar or a rich kitten, in which case, I find it hard to care, or believe, that other people doing dailies makes your gold worth less.

Don’t talk about dailies when you can run a dungeon in 15 minutes to get 26 silver, like 10 times a day, then switch to another character and do it again. But I guess having one account get 5 silver that’s limited to 24 hours hurts your gold a loooooot worse.

Give us a kittening break. I realize you’re scared your gold pile might not be as high, by comparison, as it used to be. But your fear and logic is misplaced here.

It’s like saying “People that do dungeons have an unfair advantage over people who don’t.” There’s a lot worse happening to the kitten economy than dailies.

(edited by Sokina.8041)

Posted by: Scyte.2801

Scyte.2801

Erm, isn’t the same as saying you don’t have time to run dungeons or do boss events or even play until weekends?

All those activities give more gold per time played then the daily, and using the same exact logic you say about dailies, I could argue that I’m am being imposed of doing something undesirable or be economically disadvantaged thus making it a punishment.

Dailies actually give you more ways to get certain things. It’s just another reward system that you can choose to do or not. Most people do them though because it’s relatively easy compared to most other things.

The major thing is Laurels. Currently the ONLY way to get laurels, is by doing the daily and monthly achievements. Therefore you can get 1 laurel per day, with a bonus 10 per month, giving you 40-41 laurels a month if you do your dailies/monthlies always. There is no way to recover from not being able to do 1 of your dailies, you will fall behind.

I won’t say this is a punishment, but it feels like an obligation to do your dailies. Especially since laurels are the only currency that can get you ascended Amulets, for a massive 30 laurels each. And now for someone like me, who has 8 characters at lvl 80, every daily I miss will add a day to the time when I will have all of my characters geared up with an amulet. There is no way to recover from that by simply playing more another day.

So yeah doing dailies feels like a chore to me. You wake up, you have to do it wether you like it or not, otherwise u’ll have to face the consequences. Remember, this is a game, where we spend our time to relax and enjoy our spare time. It’s not supposed to feel like a job.

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

The major thing is Laurels. Currently the ONLY way to get laurels, is by doing the daily and monthly achievements. Therefore you can get 1 laurel per day, with a bonus 10 per month, giving you 40-41 laurels a month if you do your dailies/monthlies always. There is no way to recover from not being able to do 1 of your dailies, you will fall behind.

I won’t say this is a punishment, but it feels like an obligation to do your dailies. Especially since laurels are the only currency that can get you ascended Amulets, for a massive 30 laurels each. And now for someone like me, who has 8 characters at lvl 80, every daily I miss will add a day to the time when I will have all of my characters geared up with an amulet. There is no way to recover from that by simply playing more another day.

So yeah doing dailies feels like a chore to me. You wake up, you have to do it wether you like it or not, otherwise u’ll have to face the consequences. Remember, this is a game, where we spend our time to relax and enjoy our spare time. It’s not supposed to feel like a job.

That is true, it shouldn’t feel like a job. But you can definitely make it not feel like the job if you change your perspective on it. It’s true that right now only Laurels can get Ascended necklaces, but you don’t have to. It’s like how ascended rings used to be only obtainable through fractals, but they now added more ways to get it. So there’s a reason why necklaces aren’t “easy” to obtain as rings on release. It’s so that people take a longer time to get them, and so they don’t get it too quickly because later when new content comes out, more ways for ascended rings will be added, and probably a new ascended slot item will come out with a similar restriction until next patch.

Yes, there’s a “consequence” for not being at the very tip of having the best gear, but that’s always a consequence in MMOs. It’s just really small in this one due to how gear is being released part by part. Maybe you’ll be behind a bit, but you can catch up quickly when more content and ways are added.

Btw, I once felt like you did for a week when they released laurels, but I told myself “Mehh, I play if I can and feel like playing. I’m not forced to because in WvW, I still rock in exotics, and in dungeons, I look great compared to the others”. I do most of my dailies still because I do level an alt for 30 mins usually, or play randomly. There’s a tiny bit of checking the dailies and marking the ones I like and thinking of a good plan to get them all, but that’s like anything you get with a checklist… You want to get it done so that it’s just done.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

But getting a laurel for doing your dailies is part of the achievement reward. That’s how it works. It’s like if you want CoE tokens you have to do CoE. I may feel inclined to do CoE everyday because I can only get 60 tokens per path once a day but I by no means am punished by it if I choose not to do it for a certain day.

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

You’re not punished for not doing dailies.

What’s that? An “economic” punishment? Daily rewards including the silver, coin, and jug is no more than a 20s value as a liberal appraisal. That’s not really going to get anyone anywhere fast.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

It’s called daily wars for a reason, everything from dragons to dungeon rewards revolve around dailies. It’s pathetic, why I quit playing. GW2 wasn’t the best of games before, but now that I have to log in every day to keep up is just… WoW 2.0

Especially with laurels… lawl, terrible terrible design. “play your way” yeah right.. maybe if you wanna be poor the entirety of the game and never get ascended gear.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

It’s called daily wars for a reason, everything from dragons to dungeon rewards revolve around dailies. It’s pathetic, why I quit playing. GW2 wasn’t the best of games before, but now that I have to log in every day to keep up is just… WoW 2.0

Especially with laurels… lawl, terrible terrible design. “play your way” yeah right.. maybe if you wanna be poor the entirety of the game and never get ascended gear.

If you can’t even be bothered to log in occasionally to do simple tasks in exchange for END GAME gear then MMO games as an entire genre is not for you.

While you are at it you might as well not play any other online games where there’s ANY progression whatsoever because if you can’t even stand the minimal effort that it takes to do dailies(Which is completely OPTIONAL) in GW2 then you aren’t cut out to do anything.

In fact just quit online games all together and save us from your inane rants on the forums. That would be much appreciated.

DeathPanel.8362

There’s no such thing as falling behind. Gear progression doesn’t continue to infinity. You will reach the eventual ceiling just like everyone else given the same amount of time/effort.

If you choose to skip a few dailies then you have no right to complain about not getting laurels on those days since rewards are based on time/effort invested as is the standard for reward for ALL mainstream online MMOs.

It would be unfair to those that actually put time in to get their laurels on those days for you to get any special consideration.

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Sky / OP:

I’m not too sure if this is the driving point of your criticism, but what sort of dailies would you like to see introduced that would help reward you for your chosen playstyle?

Just quoting this in the hopes that I’ll get a response from Sky.

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Actually, since inflation does occur in the economy, time/effort is not fixed. It will actually increase as more Gold chases fewer items.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

If you choose to skip a few dailies then you have no right to complain about not getting laurels on those days since rewards are based on time/effort invested as is the standard for reward for ALL mainstream online MMOs.

It would be unfair to those that actually put time in to get their laurels on those days for you to get any special consideration.

Time and effort you say? I play 24 hours per week, but only on 3 days per week, I get 3 laurels per week. Some guildies of mine only play 1-2 hours a day for 7 days a week, and they get 7 laurels.

I’m sorry, but getting laurels has nothing to do with time, it is just logging in every day play for 1 hour and get the reward.

Dailies were a bad idea, should have been a weekly with 7 tiers, where each tier gives you the same reward as a daily. This way if you play for 7 days 1-2 hours per day you can get the weekly done and get the 7 laurels, and if you play 3 days 8 hours per day, you can still get the 7 laurels.

DeathPanel.8362

Actually, since inflation does occur in the economy, time/effort is not fixed. It will actually increase as more Gold chases a fewer items.

Except the rewards from the dailies are not tradeable on the trading post and contribute nothing to inflation.

The only conceivable way that it could maybe affect the market is if you trade in laurels for dyes, which not only is not an efficient way to get dyes people wouldn’t do it anyway since they save laurels for amulets/earrings.

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

If you only log in game and force yourself to finish the Dailies quickly, you will get bored with it really quickly..

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

DeathPanel.8362

Time and effort you say? I play 24 hours per week, but only on 3 days per week, I get 3 laurels per week. Some guildies of mine only play 1-2 hours a day for 7 days a week, and they get 7 laurels.

I’m sorry, but getting laurels has nothing to do with time, it is just logging in every day play for 1 hour and get the reward.

Wrong. It’s entirely up to you to only play 3 days a week. Too bad(for you) the universe doesn’t revolve around you and your schedule.

You yourself admit that it doesn’t take long to get the dailies. (1 hour)

If you can’t manage that despite admitting you play 24 hours a week then that’s your own problem and not ANET’s.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

“Posting on the forums should count as part of the dailies since obviously people spend more time complaining about them then actually doing them.”

Haha. Best statement i heard in a while. The irony. I guess complaining is more fun.

Lol’d.

Anet should make “Daily Crying” as one of the options for completing Dailies.
“Make 5 complaint post in the GW2 forums. 0/5”.

eisberg.2379

Wrong. It’s entirely up to you to only play 3 days a week. Too bad(for you) the universe doesn’t revolve around you and your schedule.

If you can’t manage that despite admitting you play 24 hours a week then that’s your own problem and not ANET’s.

You are acting like changing daily to Weekly is a bad idea, like it would ruin the fabric of the universe. For a game that is targeted towards a casual market, dailys seem like a bad idea for that market, where as weekly would be better for that market.

And the point of my post you quoted is that Time/reward comment that I quoted wasn’t exactly accurate, because someone who can play considerably less gets rewarded more. So time has nothing to do with it, just the ability to log in every day.

And then I gave a good solution to where people can actually get rewarded for their time/effort.

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

Dailies were a bad idea, should have been a weekly with 7 tiers, where each tier gives you the same reward as a daily. This way if you play for 7 days 1-2 hours per day you can get the weekly done and get the 7 laurels, and if you play 3 days 8 hours per day, you can still get the 7 laurels.

This idea is pure rubbish! What about the likes of us with chronic biweekly finger arthritis that can only log when the outside temperature is between 21c-25c? This system clearly favors all you “no lifers” that can log in every week…
They could call this system a monthly or whatever….

DeathPanel.8362

You are acting like changing daily to Weekly is a bad idea, like it would ruin the fabric of the universe. For a game that is targeted towards a casual market, dailys seem like a bad idea for that market, where as weekly would be better for that market.

And the point of my post you quoted is that Time/reward comment that I quoted wasn’t exactly accurate, because someone who can play considerably less gets rewarded more. So time has nothing to do with it, just the ability to log in every day.

And then I gave a good solution to where people can actually get rewarded for their time/effort.

Wrong again. I don’t care either way. I only accept what is reality and work around that reality unlike you.

Maybe you haven’t realized this, but GW2 is a MMO and like all MMOs it needs a consistently online playerbase, not one that logs in for 7 hours in 1 session then is offline for the whole week. That’s the whole point of these dailies and I’ve seen similar things implemented for other MMOs without subscriptions.

If you can do a “weekly” by simply logging in once for a 7 hour session rather than logging in once every day then the playerbase would suffer.

Besides, there’s already a bulk monthly reward. You can’t expect every single reward system to be geared 100% to your personal schedule.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Rofl ofc it is everyones own problem the same way like it was for the people were complaining about nothing to do about no rewards for their playing whatever which caused that situation.

Giving out laurels for dailies is a design decision it’s not like A-Net has a job they want to get done, which requires to log in daily. So why shouldn’t people who don’t like that system be allowed to critise it. Give me a proper reason why it is necessary gameplaywise to log in daily and fullfill some tasks.

You can say to make people beeing around more often. But is it a proper way to lure them in the game with some laurels and BiS gear or shouldn’t someone rather log in because he WANTS to play at that particular day. I can not agree with the TO because you got plenty of ways to obtain money. Also Karma even though the liquid bottles provide a big boost can be obtained in other ways. Laurel however can not. And even then I would not mind if Laurels were only for fluff like the minis and so on.

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

This idea is pure rubbish! What about the likes of us with chronic biweekly finger arthritis that can only log when the outside temperature is between 21c-25c? This system clearly favors all you “no lifers” that can log in every week…
They could call this system a monthly or whatever….

This idea is pure rubbish! What about us that are on tour in Iraq and Afghanistan and that have to stay away from home for six months at a time? Why should we be punished by Anet for defending our country while all you no-lifers that can log in every month should push ahead of all of us?
They should have a system where you would be able to do you dailies in tiers all the way up to a year, it’s the only way to be fair to a substantial minority of the gaming population….

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

without these “punishments”, i think many guildwars2 player will not play it as much.. maybe even go on hiatus for a long time.. and when you quit that long, there will be no coming back.! these are their attempts to keep maxed people playing, till they come up with more content!! developing content takes a long time, and these “punishment” are the “time” that they want to buy.! ofcourse some wont consider them as “punishment”.. all people to their own i guess!..

eisberg.2379

Wrong again. I don’t care either way. I only accept what is reality and work around that reality unlike you.

Wow, I didn’t even bother reading the rest of your post after this sentence. So you just accept the way things are, that is fine. But some of us would like to see improvements in the game and will make suggestions. Don’t act like making suggestions is the wrong thing to do, nor attack people for making them by stating they don’t accept the reality.

I still play this game, obviously with me playing 24 hours per week, despite something I feel is a flaw in design. I’ll make the suggestion, and it is up to Arenanet to use it or not, that is the reality right there.

DeathPanel.8362

Give me a proper reason why it is necessary gameplaywise to log in daily and fullfill some tasks.

Because the playerbase is hurt by a lack of people online. Part of the value of a MMO is online players.

Subscription based games like WOW has a natural incentive for people to log in often because they paid for the monthly fee to play but games like GW2 needs another way to incentivize people and they came out with the dailies.

It helps the game for players to be more consistently online than online during extended sessions but offline the rest of the week.

That’s the calculation GW2 and other non subscription games have used to incentivize players to be online more consistently.

At the end of the day the bottom line is this is an OPTIONAL feature and you lose NOTHING for not using it. The choice is ultimately the player’s, and that’s the simple fact that seems to escape complainers here.

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

While that would work on paper, it also counters why dailies were put in: to get people playing every day to populate the open world.

With the weekly, we’d see overflow weekends and dead non-peak.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

eisberg.2379

While that would work on paper, it also counters why dailies were put in: to get people playing every day to populate the open world.

That is a good counter point. How about taking the BiS Item that is only available through laurels, and give other ways to obtain it? Would that get rid of the incentive to log in every day? I would imagine people would still want to get as many laurels as possible for the other stuff on the laurel store.

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

That is a good counter point. How about taking the BiS Item that is only available through laurels, and give other ways to obtain it? Would that get rid of the incentive to log in every day? I would imagine people would still want to get as many laurels as possible for the other stuff on the laurel store.

And you’d be absolutely correct in that assumption.

I think having a sole BiS item exclusive to each type of reward structure is a good idea, personally. It encourages trying new things (fractals for back pieces, guild missions for earrings, laurels for amulets)

I can definitely see my opinion not being the popular one in this case.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

Pirlipat.2479

Give me a proper reason why it is necessary gameplaywise to log in daily and fullfill some tasks.

Because the playerbase is hurt by a lack of people online. Part of the value of a MMO is online players.

Subscription based games like WOW has a natural incentive for people to log in often because they paid for the monthly fee to play but games like GW2 needs another way to incentivize people and they came out with the dailies.

It helps the game for players to be more consistently online than online during extended sessions but offline the rest of the week.

That’s the calculation GW2 and other non subscription games have used to incentivize players to be online more consistently.

At the end of the day the bottom line is this is an OPTIONAL feature and you lose NOTHING for not using it. The choice is ultimately the player’s, and that’s the simple fact that seems to escape complainers here.

Wasn’t that actually what they said they wanted to avoid? And didn’t they claim it to be the other way round. That subscription based game had to grab their people lure them into skinner-boxes to keep their subscriptions up?

And now they have to grab into the old “do your dailies” box from the normal MMOs out there?

How can you ever guarantie me I’m NOT loosing anything? What happens after this year when most of the people have ascended beside those who started to believe in that constant uhh it’s optional statement?

And btw I stopped doing those dailies and I decided not to chase that gear but tbh it feels like I put an expiry date on my account.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I didn’t even read past the fist few posts because threads like this are so ridiculous. Dude, you don’t have to do them, you are not punished for not doing them. The time you spend not doing them probably earns you the same few silver you would have got had you done it.

Keep these threads up and we won’t even have to log in to get the daily done. Everyday on reset you will just get some silver/coins/karma even if you are not on. It will just be piled up in your bags the next time you log in.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

DeathPanel.8362

Wasn’t that actually what they said they wanted to avoid? And didn’t they claim it to be the other way round. That subscription based game had to grab their people lure them into skinner-boxes to keep their subscriptions up?

And now they have to grab into the old “do your dailies” box from the normal MMOs out there?

How can you ever guarantie me I’m NOT loosing anything? What happens after this year when most of the people have ascended beside those who started to believe in that constant uhh it’s optional statement?

And btw I stopped doing those dailies and I decided not to chase that gear but tbh it feels like I put an expiry date on my account.

I already explained before in this thread about the need for an consistently online playerbase for the health of any mmo.

You are NOT losing anything because it’s your CHOICE to NOT invest the time/effort in the dailies even though it is open to you. You are NOT penalized for not doing dailies. Your argument is ridiculous and unfounded.

If you can’t even understand this simple concept then online games are not for you.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

While I would be in favor of being able to store a few dailies (3 maximum), they are supposed to incentivize daily play.

I don’t like that stats are behind time gates, but dailies are meant to be done…daily.

And even though I don’t like ascended gear, you’re fine doing the majority of game content without it.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Bring up a quote for that? If it’s the one I think you’re going to, I’m going to facedesk so hard . . .

Kindly visit this link here:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zaishen_Challenge_Quest

I don’t know what happens. Do you? I don’t think you do.

I can speculate. The people in a full six set of Ascended trinkets (since that’s all we have now to speculate from) will have a small edge on other people in such venues as WvW. In open world, it won’t matter. In Fractals it will make a ton more difference if they have Agony Resist rather than just Ascended. (This, I am finding out, is a different can of worms.)

Anyone who does not have it will look into what it takes to start filling their slots, and either decide to put the effort in or not. If not, then they won’t be losing access to anything they were already doing. They just won’t be “top geared”, and that’s their problem if that bothers them.

I stopped caring about the gear the minute I realized it didn’t make me any better a player and was pretty much only going to be half my ticket into Fractals 10+. I’d rather be trying to learn WvW and doing dungeons with the guild.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Pirlipat.2479

I already explained before in this thread about the need for an consistently online playerbase for the health of any mmo.

You are NOT losing anything because it’s your CHOICE to NOT invest the time/effort in the dailies even though it is open to you and therefore not get the rewards.

If you can’t even understand this simple concept then online games are not for you.

Interessting I’m perfectly well getting this concept because I was encountering it in many other MMOs and which was why I bought this particular one because it somehow seemed that it was putting quite alot of emphasis on the fact that you could keep your own playstyle to enjoy without loosing your chance for BiS gear. Once and again I’m not talking about the fluff I’m talking about the limited and timeconsuming way to obtain ascended and the question what will happening once that year is over.

Edit: And yeah ofc I’m speculating that why I said it FEELS like that. But that was more to counter that argument that all that gear is completely optional which noone can proof for sure it will stay. And to add this it is not only the daily stuff it is the whole path that game is going lately.

Edit2: Funny enough I can find that “is it fun” blogpost only in it’s german version.

https://www.guildwars2.com/de/news/is-it-fun-colin-johanson-on-how-arenanet-measures-success/

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

DeathPanel.8362

Interessting I’m perfectly well getting this concept because I was encountering it in many other MMOs and which was why I bought this particular one because it somehow seemed that it was putting quite alot of emphasis on the fact that you could keep your own playstyle to enjoy without loosing your chance for BiS gear. Once and again I’m not talking about the fluff I’m talking about the limited and timeconsuming way to obtain ascended and the question what will happening once that year is over.

That’s your opinion, and one that’s not informed by rational thinking or facts.

Ascended via laurels is anything but time consuming. It’s at most 1 hour a day worst case scenario, and most days can be done in less than 30 minutes by anyone who knows what they are doing.

Even if you don’t log in every day you will still be able to get ascended eventually, nothing is blocked for you.

Ultimately you and people who complain like you are just disgruntled that the universe doesn’t revolve around your particular schedules. It’s a sad day for you but I’m certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yep I recognised already that the “universe” is is revolving around the reward junkies who expect a cookie for every step they are doing. Guess what I would like it best if all that ascended stuff was taken out then everyone can do dailies to his hearts content.

It probably could have stood to be some other method separated and distinct from Daily Achievements / Monthly Achievements. On the other hand, I can guess they didn’t want to reinvent the same system if they could overlay on top of it.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

You might want to read the WSJ or the Financial Times some time. Plenty of people in finance and banking regard bonuses (even ones multiple times their salary) as their god-given right, and that not getting them is some kind of horrible, unconscionable, punishment. I guess they think that because most people at the high end in their industries get bonuses on a routine basis, regardless of performance, thus the abnormal state is not getting one, therefore it’s a punishment. I don’t think they’re right, but it’s not as uncommon an attitude in society as one might think!

That said, I would like to see you able to “store up” dailies for say 2-3 days, because unfortunately Laurels are very valuable and non-transferable, and you need an awful lot of them to gear even one character, so skipping a few days of GW2 is kind of irritating, as you know you cannot “make up lost time”, at all.

Pirlipat.2479

Honestly I want to appologize to those who just do stuff for the fun of it. But it is that attitude of entitlement which I’m fed up with. This reward system is wrapped around players wishes so it’s not a huge miracle that many feel that the system is rewarding. But that does not necessarily mean that someone deserves it because he is putting oh so much efford in something and that others who prefer other way are rightfully left behind.

What I see atm is that this game is going into a direction I personally don’t like. That’s it.

Edit: Which is the reason I deleted one of my previous post. It is not my intention to insult players who like dailies as a personal incentive in general. But it does not change my own opinion about dailies.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I love how this thread has spiraled away from its original intent, to troll the playerbase with claims of “gold” inflation from dailies. The thread has of course been hijacked by people who hate the daily system because of laurels, which add no cash to the economy. Did anyone who has brought up laurels read the thread?

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

I’m just curious though, since dailies cover so many parts of the game, how exactly do you play the game? How do you pass the time? The only PvE part of the game that isn’t covered by dailies are the dungeons. However, if you compare a person who runs some dungeons over a few hours to someone meandering the word, the dungeon runner’s loot will outweigh the the other person’s.

Posted by: Grand Xerxes.8012

Grand Xerxes.8012

I’m just curious though, since dailies cover so many parts of the game, how exactly do you play the game? How do you pass the time? The only PvE part of the game that isn’t covered by dailies are the dungeons. However, if you compare a person who runs some dungeons over a few hours to someone meandering the word, the dungeon runner’s loot will outweigh the the other person’s.

I am wondering the exact same thing. Dailies are ridiculously easy to get if I try(< 15 minutes), and if I don’t try, I still get them in about an hour.

DeathPanel.8362

I am wondering the exact same thing. Dailies are ridiculously easy to get if I try(< 15 minutes), and if I don’t try, I still get them in about an hour.

Exactly.

People who don’t do them don’t deserve to complain.

Reward is for time invested. It’s a fact in this game as well as in life in general.

No time invested = no reasonable expectation of reward.

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

Dailies for some, miniature American flags for others.

Why you bein’ cute?

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

You are not punished. You are simply not rewarded. This is a major difference. In case o business giving someone bonus and cutting someones pay is very easy to tell apart. It also results in very different image of you in eyes of your employees.

Same here.

Dailies are optional. You don’t have to do them. Use that time for something else. Play TP maybe and make 10x more than you get from daily?