Dailies no longer geared towards casuals?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

So to reiterate your primary concern:

Daily list

4 – PvE
4 – WvW
4 – PvP

and you want:

8 – PvE
4 – WvW
4 – PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

^^ thats a good way of pointing out to OP. a mmorpg is not a solo player game, its a game that servers a community.

4 – PvE
4 – WvW
4 – PvP

is balanced (obviously, anything else is not)

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Hexinx.1872

By definition WvW is a form of player vs player (even though anet makes it feel more like pve), and the op wants an even split between PvE & (PvP/WvW)

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Daily list

4 – PvE
4 – WvW
4 – PvP

and you want:

8 – PvE
4 – WvW
4 – PvP

No, I was not asking for there to be more PvE dailies at the expense of PvP and WvW. If PvE is to be increased, then, therefore, PvP and WvW must be increased in variety as well.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I will talk from pure PvE perspective, I do agree with the OP. I have no idea where the puzzles are located and most certainly do not want to search for them (though I probably did them all once before). I seriously have no interest of doing any adventures, so why are they are forced through dailies. The old system was so much better, one vista, one mats farm and one event. Easy and anyone can do.

Having said that, for me personally it does not matter much.. I usually do one PvP game which gets you either all three or two out of three, but a good portion (if not majority) of the players do not PvP. In addition, most definitely I do not want to see players who never PvP in the PvP que to get the daily, just because PvE dailies are becoming a pain.

If it’s a daily, clicking on the name on the daily will open up the map and it will show you the approximate location. After that you can wiki it or look on the map and check for commander/mentor tags.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Daily list

4 – PvE
4 – WvW
4 – PvP

and you want:

8 – PvE
4 – WvW
4 – PvP

No, I was not asking for there to be more PvE dailies at the expense of PvP and WvW. If PvE is to be increased, then, therefore, PvP and WvW must be increased in variety as well.

Ya know, I could see, 8 PvE dailies, but they should be split between 4 Mainland Tyria PvE and 4 HoT PvE.

Since HoT did not really change anything as far as PvP goes, it would not be an issue that sPvP and WvW did not get a bunch more dailies.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Hexinx.1872

I was basing that on the posts you noted about loathing pvp and not wanting to be forced to do play styles you don’t enjoy. The only alternative if you knock out pvp/wvw and feel like the PvE dailies that put you in a Level 80 zone for events is too time consuming/challenging is … by default, increasing the options.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

wvw can be casual, pvp can be casual it and they take no effort, you simply do what you enjoy doing. Walking up to a wvw vendor and buying a thingy take no effort, walking up to a vista takes no effort. etc etc

WvW and PvP might be EASY – if there are no opposing players when you walk in and you can accomplish your goal without conflict, that would be easy. But for those who don’t enjoy PvP conflict, even the potential for that to occur makes those activities UNfun. And since a majority of the Daily list are WvW and PvP, that means for those players who simply dislike PvP conflict and want to avoid it, the Dailies are heavily weighted against them. Of the remaining PvE options, if one is a World Boss and you don’t have that kind of time, that further restricts your choices.

Therefore Dailies are weighted against casual players.

If you are being serious you are hands down my favorite person right now.
I can’t even believe you might be serious – but here’s hoping.

That aside – without the possibility of conflict there is no possibility for reward.
See how simple that was?

I am being serious, but I don’t understand what: “without the possibility of conflict there is no possibility for reward” has to do with this topic. Clearly there is possibility for reward without conflict in a lot of GW2. And since we’re speaking of PvP conflict, obviously most of GW2 doesn’t have that. Just in the dailies.

I have been doing wvw dailies for over 1.5 year.

Guess how many times i lost fighting a human? Everytime.

Guess how many times i met friendy enemy player when waiting for veteran creature to spawn? 2

Guess again how many times i have fought human within this 1.5 year? Below 10 times.

Let me tell you a trick, watch around you with cha name on, check every corner, be ready to balt out of wvw when somebody show up.

I made my wvw daily as pve as possible, i did, why not you?

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

I will talk from pure PvE perspective, I do agree with the OP. I have no idea where the puzzles are located and most certainly do not want to search for them (though I probably did them all once before). I seriously have no interest of doing any adventures, so why are they are forced through dailies. The old system was so much better, one vista, one mats farm and one event. Easy and anyone can do.

You can click on that Daily then click on the area within the pop up and it shows you where it is at. If you have a WP open near it, you can click on that WP while it is showing and go right there. I’m stating as that seems to be something you aren’t aware of and is a pretty cool feature.

Most of the days is a Vista, a Mat and 3 events. I’m starting to think people may not have a good understanding of what a mini-dungeon is. Again you can click the Daily Quest, it will show you where. It is a small area you go into and fight to get to a point in that area and complete and it can be quite easy to get there. Most of us have done this 100’s of times over, not just listed as a mini-dungeon. Much easier than the time it takes to find and do 3 events.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

wvw can be casual, pvp can be casual it and they take no effort, you simply do what you enjoy doing. Walking up to a wvw vendor and buying a thingy take no effort, walking up to a vista takes no effort. etc etc

WvW and PvP might be EASY – if there are no opposing players when you walk in and you can accomplish your goal without conflict, that would be easy. But for those who don’t enjoy PvP conflict, even the potential for that to occur makes those activities UNfun. And since a majority of the Daily list are WvW and PvP, that means for those players who simply dislike PvP conflict and want to avoid it, the Dailies are heavily weighted against them. Of the remaining PvE options, if one is a World Boss and you don’t have that kind of time, that further restricts your choices.

Therefore Dailies are weighted against casual players.

If you are being serious you are hands down my favorite person right now.
I can’t even believe you might be serious – but here’s hoping.

That aside – without the possibility of conflict there is no possibility for reward.
See how simple that was?

I am being serious, but I don’t understand what: “without the possibility of conflict there is no possibility for reward” has to do with this topic. Clearly there is possibility for reward without conflict in a lot of GW2. And since we’re speaking of PvP conflict, obviously most of GW2 doesn’t have that. Just in the dailies.

If you want to do your daily PvP matches and get your rewards – you can’t do that without PvP.

Guild wars 2 has easy dailies- it’s just not the ones you like.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Harper.4173

If I want fun rewards sometimes I need to do stuff that is not fun.

If someone was offering money to people to eat cow poo IRL, each person would have to do a cost/benefit analysis of how much money it would take for them to eat cow poo. Some would say that they wouldn’t do it even if offered a million dollars. Others would do it simply on a dare with no money required. Obviously there is a scale of discomfort to reward.

I would like a legendary weapon, but I am not going to do the huge amount of WORK to craft one. So I simply won’t get one. It’s not that big a deal – most people don’t get the ultimate best thing they want in games. How many people farm content thousands of times in other MMOs trying to get a rare drop that they never get? People in this game farm the Mystic Toilet and spend hundreds or thousands of gold trying for a drop that they never get.

I’m just skipping to the “never get” part without doing all that work / discomfort lol.

Congratulations.
The problem is however that a lot of people (not saying it’s you) complain that they don’t have the items they never bother to earn in game.
And worst of all – they get upset at the people that do have them and do earn them and say it’s somehow unfair.

Harper.4173

Whenever I’m in WvW and see Keep capturer… I feel your pain. Generally means I have to do a PvE daily, which is against my playstyle.

I also like legendaries, think they are pretty aesthetically pleasing … was kittened when I found out I had to run (shudders) dungeons. Instead of coming to the forum and letting anet know what they are doing wrong (imho of course) … guess what I do.

Has one job … Does it.

But I mean, I totally see where you are coming from. World completion used to require WvW points of interest. Guess what the PvE community did? Got them removed, so there hope for you yet.

Keep this thread on anets radar and maybe just maybe … they will give you more pve options (that you also may not like, and we will hear back on that sequel)

~X

Back when WvW was required for world completion, I did my best to get them done. I think I may have gotten them done right before the requirement was taken out. Needless to say, it wasn’t easy, but it was my choice. It worked out great when other players weren’t trying to kill me. Wish I could have worn a tag that indicated I was only trying to complete the map and wasn’t in there to fight. :P

The ones that aren’t there to fight are always the tastiest ones to chase down and slay.
If you had worn that tag I guarantee you would have gotten twice the attention.

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

For the most part they do, but today? No, I’m not doing Dragon Stand anymore…I did it several times but I’m not going to try to wait around for a timed map to succeed in order to do a daily. I hate that place and its timers, fails, and the whole thing. No events until the main event is in full swing…too bad for you if it isn’t. Jumping puzzles, nope not for me..but for the most part there are other options, today’s just no..no nasty stand…and no jumping puzzles. So…another day I guess. Its been pretty often though lately that there are no other options besides two non jumping puzzles out of the four, so the third one, to get the daily completer, well no options, can only do two instead of three. So no…I don’t like the change at all. But who am I? No one…a girl is no one…

If you’re interested I think you should try Daily Rooms . They will increase your selection from a possible 4 to up to 8 to choose from. They are custom PvP rooms ran by PvE players and most are open to everyone. Check out my video on Daily Rooms if you want to see what they are like without going in yourself.

Players are typically very nice and helpful to new players, just let them know you’re new and someone will walk you through it.

DaikonSamurai.6714

First I have no complaint about the current dailies even though I’m just a PVE guy that’s not all that good. Getting 3 is not that hard ( usally 2 will be a vista and foraging… easy and quick )….even if the 3rd one is 4 events on a given map. It might take a little time but very doable…. 15 mins tops for that one.

But reading through this, the PvP thing caught my interest

I really suck at PvP and I don’t want to let down my team and worse, being called out for that.

I had no idea there was a daily thing where the idea was not to be good, just tag and die. Who would have guessed.

Anyhow I tried it….even at that, I guess I screwed up. Someone said to me something about C camps. They didn’t call me an idiot or anything, just told me to stop. I was only following another person and had no idea I shouldn’t do that.

I guess what I’m trying to say is even though its easy, there is still a learning curve.

Each room is different and has it’s own set of rules. If you’re new to a room or confused I’ve found people are always willing to explain things if you ask. They may say rules are in the “motd” which means “message of the day”. It’s in the chat at the start of the match or you can view it from the menu. My guess is you were in a room where they were trading “B” capture point so you weren’t supposed to cap “C”. You can always spectate too if you just want to watch and see how the room works before you enter as well.

DaikonSamurai.6714

You can all assume that each of the daily tasks take about the same time, like 1 to 15 minutes. They should. If they make something that takes players longer to get the 2 gold than they can by many other ways, why would they do it?

For me, a jumping puzzle takes about an hour, and mesmer portals are a cheat.
If and when I do the last 4 remaining jumping puzzles, I guarantee it won’t be for a daily reward ever.

I’m glad so many find the JP’s easy. They simply are not an equitable task compared to the other dailys for many of us, not for lack of effort.

I don’t think they necessarily have to take the same amount of time. Some of the daily chests give bigger rewards for doing the “tougher” dailies. The chest rewards might not be proportionate to difficulty for many, but that’s highly subjective.

DaikonSamurai.6714

Is this a ligit thread? I mean one game of PvP can be all it takes some days, other days it’s like what? View a vista, gather, do some events, and a JP. How is that not casual friendly?

Not everyone is willing to play PvP. Not everyone have a character of every profession, or enough to cover the requested “win with X”.

Well, you don’t have to get all your dailies in PvP rooms either. Even without the two profession specific ones you’re going to get at least one daily, probably 2 if you don’t get the “play a un/ranked match” daily. Just get the one you can and all you need are 2 from the regular PvE ones. Just another easy option is all.

DaikonSamurai.6714

In addition, most definitely I do not want to see players who never PvP in the PvP que to get the daily, just because PvE dailies are becoming a pain.

But daily rooms don’t take up a queue slot. They are completely separate instances and PvP players have their own instances to play in. And I actually enjoy the daily rooms since every now and then I see another cosplayer or others will compliment my characters and sometimes I’ve even ended up doing stuff with people after the daily farm as well. Those moments during capture point trading are simple enough that you can hold a conversation if you want to. Plenty of people stay silent as well of course so you can choose how social you want to be.

DaikonSamurai.6714

PvP rooms are not gank-proof. So if you really don’t like PvP, you won’t do that either.

No they are not. But if someone randomly attacks you out of turn tell them to stop and if they don’t I have found other players always take out the troll. And if an admin is there they will kick out the troll too. I’ve found daily rooms are easy to accomplish even with trolls running around. you can always also try another room. Whatever the case it’s just an option I highly recommend at least trying before just outright denying them.

DaikonSamurai.6714

Activities? once in awhile but I pity the other players as I stand around until the timer runs out, only moving enough to keep from getting kicked.

If you are willing to do activity dailies and just stand around I think there are daily rooms that will suit you just fine as well. Just W and S at a cap point. And you won’t even be burdening a team that might actually be trying to compete in something.