Dailies the easy way

Dailies the easy way

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Here’s a quick guide to completing your dailies (yes, they are annoying, and yes, it does take time away from doing what you actually wanted to do when you logged on):

Healer: 10 resses, no problem. Go to Diessa Plateau and find the town waypoint with the crossed swords where the champ boss is roaming around. Res 10 of the NPCs, job done (It’s also near the refugee path for the ‘living story’).

Dodge: go to wvw. Option one: run into an enemy zerg and dodge, you’ll most likely die but it should complete if you don’t get rooted before you dodged. Option two: find a tower or keep with a cannon being fired and dodge the cannon shots/aoe, dead easy and doesn’t generally result in death.

Gatherer: You should meet this one every day without even trying, if not, then shame on you for being so lazy that you can’t be bothered to collect materials.

Crafter: Use the collected materials as above to craft nuggets or bars or something, only annoyance is having to go to a crafter to get this done.

Underwater mobs: go to wvw, jump in the lake, kill 25 and hope for some decent drops (they drop rubbish it seems when you have the daily…).

Events: Go to wvw and chase down 5 enemy yaks, Congratulations, you accidentally helped your server too. Or take the lake nodes by killing mobs, which kills two birds with one stone. Or maybe, or join the zerg, or take a checkpoint. Five events is the easiest one to complete.

Veterans: go to wvw, kill checkpoint guards or aoe a set of camp NPC’s , 5 down.

Out of all of them dodge seems to take my the most time….

Of course, this will increase queue time for wvw as pve’rs stack the wvw so they can complete their dailies then hang around, but that’s just tough for those who enjoy wvw and want to get their guild event going.

Monthlies: don’t get me started on them, always something crappy in them like ‘do 5 dungeon runs’ or ‘do 7 fractals’ which involve doing something for a long time that you don’t want to do- so you either do it if you can (RL gets in the way for a lot of us) or you miss out on the monthly rewards.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

Dodge: Stay in Diessa, go just a bit further north of the champ boss along the road. There are ballista (big crossbow things) on the hills that will shoot at you. Pick one and dodge it for a couple minutes. Done.

I am finding most of the dailies outside of underwater kills can all be done right there in Diessa Plateau.

(edited by AesirValkyr.7418)

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Regarding the healer daily – many of your recommendations are for WvW, there usually isn’t a problem finding people to rez there lol (That’s where I did it before I realized you could do NPCs)

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Crafter, no need to go to town to get this done, have an alt logged into town as you can deposit the materials into the bank from wherever you are. Dailies are account based not individual character.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Dodge: Spam shadow assault as thief against a bunch of underwater mobs.

Congratulations. You’ve done the daily in 10 seconds.

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Avatar.1923

can believe dodge is your hardest…
just roll everywhere and it works; btw im pro dodger, i m a vigorous guardian!!

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Dailies – Go to Frostgorge Sound.
Daily Healer: Revive the Castaways during its event at the HotW entrance, the Quaggan guards that constantly die nearby the same spot during their event East of HotW entrance, or the Kodans who end up dead constantly during their event to the West at Deep and Troubled Waters.
Daily Veteran Slayer: Veteran Dolyaks, Veteran Jellyfish, Veteran Icebrood Fish, Veteran Oakheart, Veteran Wolf, Veteran Icebrood Wolfs, Veteran Savnir. Jellyfish are my vote, as they are plentiful underwater and you can catch the Veteran Icebrood Fish for an event as well.
Daily Aquatic Kills: 1 HP Fish and plentiful number of things to kill. Easy.
Daily Dodger: Aggro an adult Wurm, then simply Dodge Backwards each time it launches it boulder shot at you. You can get 2x Dodges per shot this way plus its easy, predictable, and not needing to travel far. Shots are spaced about 10 seconds apart, so aggro multiple wurms if you wish to get done even faster. 2x Wurms are just perfect to dodge and recover endurance between attacks.
Daily Kill Variety: Yep, there is enough variety to get 1/each in the area as well. Grawl, Moa, Rabbit, Owl, Wurm, Savnir, Fish, Wolf, Elemental, Imp, Troll, etc.
Daily Events: Veteran Icebrood Fish event, Castaway Reviving event, Quaggan defense event, Deep Song events (2x) at Deep and Troubled Waters, and not to mention Jormag if he spawns while you are there.
Daily Gatherer: 2x Ori points. 2x Ancient Wood points. Plenty of Mithril to collect as well.

The only thing missing is a Laurel Vendor and a Crafting station.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I did not know that the 1hp fish counted. ty for the tips guys.

Daily Healer you can also go to Caledon Forest and go to where the Krait Witch spawns. There’s usually a bunch of dead hylek.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Dodge, just find any enemy with a bow, you get 2-3 evades per dodge. Honestly, against Sons of Svanir firing bows I have completed my dodge daily in 30secs…

Bows are one of the slowest weapons in GW2 and the animation is easy to read…

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Q-dale is best for events. People are constantly saying in map chat when events are up and linking waypoints.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Dailies – Go to Frostgorge Sound.
Daily Healer: Revive the Castaways during its event at the HotW entrance, the Quaggan guards that constantly die nearby the same spot during their event East of HotW entrance, or the Kodans who end up dead constantly during their event to the West at Deep and Troubled Waters.
Daily Veteran Slayer: Veteran Dolyaks, Veteran Jellyfish, Veteran Icebrood Fish, Veteran Oakheart, Veteran Wolf, Veteran Icebrood Wolfs, Veteran Savnir. Jellyfish are my vote, as they are plentiful underwater and you can catch the Veteran Icebrood Fish for an event as well.
Daily Aquatic Kills: 1 HP Fish and plentiful number of things to kill. Easy.
Daily Dodger: Aggro an adult Wurm, then simply Dodge Backwards each time it launches it boulder shot at you. You can get 2x Dodges per shot this way plus its easy, predictable, and not needing to travel far. Shots are spaced about 10 seconds apart, so aggro multiple wurms if you wish to get done even faster. 2x Wurms are just perfect to dodge and recover endurance between attacks.
Daily Kill Variety: Yep, there is enough variety to get 1/each in the area as well. Grawl, Moa, Rabbit, Owl, Wurm, Savnir, Fish, Wolf, Elemental, Imp, Troll, etc.
Daily Events: Veteran Icebrood Fish event, Castaway Reviving event, Quaggan defense event, Deep Song events (2x) at Deep and Troubled Waters, and not to mention Jormag if he spawns while you are there.
Daily Gatherer: 2x Ori points. 2x Ancient Wood points. Plenty of Mithril to collect as well.

The only thing missing is a Laurel Vendor and a Crafting station.

Ah but the crafting station is easily solved as well (assuming your server doesn’t have WvW queues). Just press B and go to your home borderland for crafting stations right by the spawn point. When you’re done, press escape and go to the character select screen. It will return you to the location you were before entering WvW.

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

Veterans: Go to TA waypoint. Go south. If the event isn’t up there should be 5-6 veteran oakhearts standing around. Get a few dodges as well since they do a really visible aoe.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Belphegor.7596

Belphegor.7596

i’m doing dailied in queensdale vale wp realy easy

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Here’s my tips.

Daily Veterans: In Plains of Ashford, in the tunnel east of Decimus Stones and south of the waypoint, there’s 4-5 easy veteran kills if you’re level 80

Underwater Kills: Plains of Ashford again, far east side of Ascalonian Basin near the heart there’s groups of 5-6 skale that die real easy

Crafter: I just buy 30 iron ore off the TP and make 10 ingots.

Dodges: Find a Flame Legion Igniter (the ones with the flamethrowers) wait for when he does his flamethrower attack, dodge and get it almost instantly.

Events: Apostate Wastes in Fireheart rises usually has events that cycle all the time.

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Dodge: go to wvw.

Underwater mobs: go to wvw

Events: Go to wvw

Veterans: go to wvw

Not to be negative, but there are tons of areas in the game to quickly (if that is your intention) complete your dailies without having to step foot in WvW.

I dislike WvW, it’s just not my thing. There are plenty of things/places to dodge, tons of underwater mobs, tons of events and tons of veterans everywhere in the open world without stepping foot in WvW.

I don’t want a new player to get the idea that the only or best place to do your dailies is WvW because it really isn’t true.

While I don’t like WvW, I respect the players that do and it’s probably bad enough they have PvE map completers taking up spots actual PvP players would want, they probably don’t want daily completers in there either taking up space.

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

OP’s guide is awful ;/ He’s just trying to get traffic into WvW.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

No one likes the Frostgorge Sound method of completing all your Dailies? I know I prefer it, as I only spend Silver once to get there, and leave. Rather then spending multiple amounts of silver to hit different spots for different events/tasks.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are so many ways and places to do the dailies, it’s not funny. There are tons of dead NPCs and events in the Wayfarer Foothills. If you’re in Orr, you should have no problem with either of them.

Any crowded event should get you your dodge. I get it just playing, usually in about half an hour if I’m not focused on it, doing other stuff.

I mean this stuff isn’t rocket science. People seem to find it hard to rez 10 people in a game filled with dead NPCs in just about every zone.

If you rez dead NPCs when you see them, which is pretty much everywhere by the end of your play session you’ll have it done.

Underwater combat, so many places to do this. If you want it done fast, Wayfarer foothills, right outside Hoelbrak, the skelk are dead easy, as are the fish. I’ve been doing my underwater in Bloodtide Coast, which is a bit harder and takes a bit longer, but since I always have someone in LA, it’s just right out the gate. Still only takes ten minutes for all of them.

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Another area to suggest is northwest Metrica Province (the exploded Thauma reactor). Daily Healer in no time (and they do fall over on their own – scripted), Daily Dodge if you find an Inquest Mark II Golem nearby (or the AOE frost ‘spears’ in the reactor), and Veterans have been seen as part of the nearby ‘Power Overwhelming’ area just southeast of there.

While there, the Fire Elemental is still a nice challenge if available (to me anyway – I’m trying to survive it without any Down/Dead, which is a nice way to practice against multiple AOE from a zerg; compounded by the fact that you’ve got red circles underneath a giant transparent orange object – that really ramps the difficulty up).

@ MLieBennett – I’ve actually not explored frostgorge much, will probably give it a shot at some point.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Any 1-15lv zone that has events both on land and water is the best. Queensdale is most likely the most use area for doing dailies. Everything is pretty much bunched together.

However, my last daily, I have completed it on Malcho’r leap. 7 events spawned, which 4 I soloed and 1 in a group. The underwater was bit of a pain. At one point I went to get an orchi node and landed near risen with couple of turtles or what ever they were. But in doing that I managed to get 7 underwater kills. Then soloed a champion underwater thinggy lol.

Overall this was a nice daily and enjoyed it, rather than get it over and done with like most people want.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

That’s similar to what I do.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Q-dale is best for events. People are constantly saying in map chat when events are up and linking waypoints.

This.
Seriously Queensdale is the new LA

Dodge: take an Harathi camp- dodge the instant spams that swamp you.
Underwater kills: jump in at Beetletun and Kill Baracudas.
Res: also at Beetletun- res the fishers- if you are still short go on the route to Claypool and res the villagers littering the whole road.
Vets: All events get called on the map constantly.
etc etc.

Queensdale is very fun these days and it is the main place to just hang out, chat and do events, dailies it is a blast

Gunnar’s Hold

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Events is still the most hit or miss since you can go for hours without seeing 5 events in normal open world gameplay, if you’re unlucky. Even if you know where to go it still takes the longest of all of them.

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Gendarran Fields, right next to LA (Canal wp), has all you need to do dailies within 1/3 of the map, plus a few event chains you can trigger yourself, if they are not bugged ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

None of the dailies are hard, nor time consuming, with or without wvw

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Dailies the easy way

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I chose wvw as it’s where I prefer to spend the vast majority of my time, and changing toons to get a daily done isn’t a great idea if you want to get back into wvw on a fairly full server during prime time.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)