Daily AP Limit

Daily AP Limit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MissHammer.2835

MissHammer.2835

Q:

Hello!
Im having a problem and didnt read anything about at patchs

Im doing daily tasks 3/3 but the 10AP daily points are not adding to my total APpoints.
Im at the same AP points several days ago and its a coincidence daily AP are the same atm than permanent AP .

Its that normal? am i missing anything about this at any patch or something?

Thanks you in advance!!

Attachments:

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

A:

Yes, you have reached the 15k cap (combined Monthly and daily).

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

You’ve reached the cap on daily AP – it’s 15,000 AP for daily and monthly AP combined.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: MissHammer.2835

MissHammer.2835

oh thanks for answer!

What a coincidence with permanent AP points ^__^

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So, out of curiosity. How do you feel about this? Happy? Do you feel liberated from doing dailies or is this an annoyance because it’s harder to work your way towards the next chest anymore until more AP comes out?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

So, out of curiosity. How do you feel about this? Happy? Do you feel liberated from doing dailies or is this an annoyance because it’s harder to work your way towards the next chest anymore until more AP comes out?

I also hit the cap a while ago. I definitely do not feel liberated. I don’t really like the cap as I feel that AP are so scarce that there’s little reason to play my main account unless new content is released. I’ve been playing an alt account in the meantime.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Daily AP Limit

Just a flesh wound.3589

I also hit the cap a while ago. I definitely do not feel liberated. I don’t really like the cap as I feel that AP are so scarce that there’s little reason to play my main account unless new content is released. I’ve been playing an alt account in the meantime.

That’s kind of what I figured. I’m still a fair distance away but when I hit the cap I’m not going to be a happy player. I really don’t see the point of the cap at all and I hope they reconsider this “feature”.

ANet may give it to you.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

Since I’m no good at PVP, or jumping puzzles, my options are pretty limited as it is, we need more ways to get AP, rather than lifting the cap.

For instance, we could have AP Awarded on X gathering attempts. (Does not count ruined items.) For each type of gathering. I get no where near the cap:

!http://i.imgur.com/7OUgPPh.jpg!

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

(edited by Iyeru.5240)

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

That’s kind of what I figured. I’m still a fair distance away but when I hit the cap I’m not going to be a happy player. I really don’t see the point of the cap at all and I hope they reconsider this “feature”.

This was brought up when Anet introduced this hard cap, it never should have a CAP full stop, it was put in because to many casuals complained that they couldn’t catch up, or that it would be unfair to new players, so Anet decided to lock down older accounts,

This cap needs removed full stop, why punish the players who play and support your game, because someone who plays 2 hours a week cannot catch up,

Me personally when I hit the cap, I will stop playing, I don’t see why I should be punished because I play the game, ( I also understand some people don’t play for AP’s but me and some of my friends use them to challenge each other )

I would love to see an Anet Dev reply to this topic in regards the future or AP’s and the removal of caps.

Daily AP Limit

Iyeru.5240

This was brought up when Anet introduced this hard cap, it never should have a CAP full stop, it was put in because to many casuals complained that they couldn’t catch up, or that it would be unfair to new players, so Anet decided to lock down older accounts,

This cap needs removed full stop, why punish the players who play and support your game, because someone who plays 2 hours a week cannot catch up,

Me personally when I hit the cap, I will stop playing, I don’t see why I should be punished because I play the game, ( I also understand some people don’t play for AP’s but me and some of my friends use them to challenge each other )

I would love to see an Anet Dev reply to this topic in regards the future or AP’s and the removal of caps.

I play 8 hours a day almost and still can’t catch up. I guess I’m just doing it wrong.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Edit never mind I figured it out, I had no idea you could do that since I never hoverd the mouse over that icon before in 3 years lol

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Daily AP Limit

Ok I Did It.2854

I play 8 hours a day almost and still can’t catch up.

This will depend on when you started playing, dailies used to be worth 5AP’s for each one you did, so anyone who started back 3 years ago had an advantage, they where then changed to 1AP for each one, then later changed to 10 AP’s for 3, also monthlies gave 80APs also, (until they where removed)

Also living story season 1 had a lot of points, also seasonal events before some people started,

So yes for some people playing now, they wont catch up for a long time, but as long as that cap is in place they will slowly catch up.

Given the rewards from AP’s are personal to the player and don’t offer advantage I fail to see why the AP Cap was put in place.

Daily AP Limit

Just a flesh wound.3589

I play 8 hours a day almost and still can’t catch up. I guess I’m just doing it wrong.

Since there is an AP drought at this time, the number of hours you play a day don’t affect your AP much.

I’m going to guess the people who have hit the cap did every single monthly, back when they had them. People like me with high AP but not near the cap, skipped a lot of the earlier monthlies. I didn’t start doing them until they redid the monthly rewards.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know how much the cap was instituted for new players to catch up, rather than all the lamenting by ‘veteran’ players about having to complete every single Daily task to keep their place on the leaderboards, or fulfilling their ‘OCD’-type tendencies to finish them all.

It’s unfortunate a cap was put in place for everyone else.

Daily AP Limit

Iyeru.5240

I started playing at release day, but I didn’t do the seasons (neither of them) because I wanted to play other games at the time. I also barely did any of the Bazaar of the Four Winds and only got Tier 1 of “The Gathering Storm” in Flame and Frost (Yes, that’s the only achieve I got for that event.) I missed out on a TON of things.

The dragon ball tournament was too hard for me, so I only got 5/6 games won, and then never did it again.

(edited by Iyeru.5240)

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I reached daily cap and still do (some of the) dailies for the rewards

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

I don’t know how much the cap was instituted for new players to catch up, rather than all the lamenting by ‘veteran’ players about having to complete every single Daily task to keep their place on the leaderboards, or fulfilling their ‘OCD’-type tendencies to finish them all.

It’s unfortunate a cap was put in place for everyone else.

I think it was both reasons you stated that there was finally a cap put on it, and also that every other game (that I have played anyway) with achievements have a hard cap. Those games as far as I know also don’t have milestone achievement reward chests either however, so I’d say Anet could either lower the extreme requirements for some of the skins/titles people are working toward, or pump out more content with achievement points.

Even still, there are a bunch of points from season 1 living story and the WvW tournies that are not achieveable, so I can see why players not in favor of the daily cap would be mad about the “new users not being able to catch up” reasoning.

I personally don’t mind the cap, though I barely hit the 21k milestone recently and I’m a head-start player, while I know others who started months after myself that have thousands more from doing way more dailies than I ever did.

I enjoy this game and I’ll continue playing even long after I ever hit the cap.

Daily AP Limit

Just a flesh wound.3589

The cap on the total is just plain wrong. A cap on the daily AP earned each day is fine. I get my 10 points and then do a few more to get the chests because I want what’s in them. But the big problem with a total cap is the up to 100% block on your ability to get the next achievement chest during a AP drought, like this one.

Right now I’m inching towards the next chest at 10 AP a day with the occasional other AP I get from this or that. Without those 10 AP, my ability to get the next weapon skin or armor skin to work towards completing the set would be close to zero. They should not have rewards in chests and also reduce the way to get the rewards just because you’ve been here a long time.

ANet may give it to you.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Which, if this is the case, is wrong since those who did not complete all of the the Living Story Season 1, WvW Tournament, and holiday achievements since launch are never going to catch up. All the cap really does is prevent the gap from increasing further but fails to address the issue itself.

Daily AP Limit

Ok I Did It.2854

Which, if this is the case, is wrong since those who did not complete all of the the Living Story Season 1, WvW Tournament, and holiday achievements since launch are never going to catch up. All the cap really does is prevent the gap from increasing further but fails to address the issue itself.

But why should new players catch up, if I start playing a game 3 years after someone else, why should I beable to do in months what took them years to do, its part in parcel with gaming, those who have been playing a certain game longer are naturally further ahead, AP’s do not give you an advantage over anyone else.

IF anet do not remove the block/cap on AP’s then what will happen is, after all the new content is eaten up, ( we shall say 6 months ) those who cannot gain more AP’s etc will just log off and only log on when a new update is pushed and they can obtain more AP’s

The AP system is maybe something that got away from Anet to fast, and they threw a CAP in there to slow it down, now its causing an issue, and needs to be removed completely, they can hold the 10AP’s per day from dailies but don’t restrict it.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The cap on the total is just plain wrong. A cap on the daily AP earned each day is fine. I get my 10 points and then do a few more to get the chests because I want what’s in them. But the big problem with a total cap is the up to 100% block on your ability to get the next achievement chest during a AP drought, like this one.

Right now I’m inching towards the next chest at 10 AP a day with the occasional other AP I get from this or that. Without those 10 AP, my ability to get the next weapon skin or armor skin to work towards completing the set would be close to zero. They should not have rewards in chests and also reduce the way to get the rewards just because you’ve been here a long time.

The cap on total does seem a bit out of place now that the daily itself is restricted to 10 AP per day. Why does there need to be a cap on top of a cap?

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Just a thing to note. There is a soft cap at the high end w/o daily AP included. The lack of AP available…..each AP takes much more effort and play at the high end than it does earlier on. Those at the high end have already done all the easy/quick AP, so they do not have the ability obtain more AP at the same rate as earlier on. This in itself allows the gap to be bridged.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I usually only do dailies if they’re fast enough to warrant 3 spirit shards or give a good enough chest, so this probably won’t change after 15k.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Imo ANet should bring back Monthly Achievements with their own seperate Caps instead of merging the monthly AP with the 15k limit of dailies …

Or they should completely merge the monthly AP into the amount of permanent AP instead…

In my AP display I get all 3 types of Ap still shown, when in fact monthly AP shouldt exist at all anymiore a lonmg time ago and shouldn’t as such also be not hsown anymore

I have currently like 9k Daily Ap and rouchtly 1,7k Monthly Ap.
If in fact both should count as one, then that display should show in reality when its display would get finally fixed then instead, that I should be at 10,7k/15k of the Daily limit, if both types would have been truly merged….

But this seems not be the case since anet removed monthly achievements.

The imo best solution would it be, if as I said, Anet just reintroduces Monthly, and adds also weeklies and has from that point on then Caps for all 3 Types:

Example Player.

Example Player has 60000 AP, these 60000 AP are split up as followed:

Permanent: 30000 AP
Dailies: 15000/15000
Weeklies: 10000/10000
Monthlies: 5000/5000

So Example Player would have gained through normally playing the game and doing all the Content Achievements of the Game 30000 AP.
Example Player has maxed all 3 kinds of Time Limit Achievements, so Example player won’t gain neither Daily, Weekly or Monthly anymore any Time Limited AP, but can still complete them for the Rewards, if he/she wants.

To raise further his AP Limit, Exampel player has to wait for ANet to add new Content to play that rewards him/her with new Content Achievements.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Daily AP Limit

Ayrilana.1396

But why should new players catch up, if I start playing a game 3 years after someone else, why should I beable to do in months what took them years to do, its part in parcel with gaming, those who have been playing a certain game longer are naturally further ahead, AP’s do not give you an advantage over anyone else.

IF anet do not remove the block/cap on AP’s then what will happen is, after all the new content is eaten up, ( we shall say 6 months ) those who cannot gain more AP’s etc will just log off and only log on when a new update is pushed and they can obtain more AP’s

The AP system is maybe something that got away from Anet to fast, and they threw a CAP in there to slow it down, now its causing an issue, and needs to be removed completely, they can hold the 10AP’s per day from dailies but don’t restrict it.

I never said that they should or shouldn’t be able to catch up as I personally don’t care either way. I was just pointing out if the intention of the cap was to to allow casuals, or new players, to catch up then it failed.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Wow, I didn’t even know there was a cap! My personal opinion is anyone who is dedicated to playing a game every day for 3+ years deserves all the AP they can earn. They do deserve to obtain achievement armor and weapons first- they’re just skins after all, and new players will get them eventually with loyalty, too.

Daily AP Limit

Ayrilana.1396

I hit the cap the other week or so and I’m not too bothered by it. I’m still logging in every day to do the dailies as I’m stocking up on PvP potions. Spending 5-10 minutes every day doing those 4 PvP dailies isn’t too big of a deal compared to when I was doing all of them.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

I cant remember where it was said, but I know for sure it was stated that the cap would be raised in the future. Might not be in HOT (to be honest i think most people forgot about it by now, so i wouldnt bet on it coming this month), but i know its been talked about before.

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

The best part about the cap is for sure that it isnt FORCE for you to do for years over and over again until the game ends.

If there was no cap, it would be mandatory for players to continue to do till the game dies otherwise you wont be on LB, not needing to do ANY other AP, like WvW, PvP, Collections etc..

I just Hope we get LARGE AP rewards for Completed “sets” of AP like all PvP titles gain bonus 100 AP, or 20 Collections gain 100ap etc… this would encourage players to do more than dailies and pvp.

SAB or RIOT

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

I’m surprised you guys enjoy dailies so much …. you must be no fun IRL.

Just kidding, I bet you are more fun than me. But you have to see that dailies just keep you playing because you feel like you might miss something. You are not really playing because it is so much fun. You are playing for what you will get at the end, likely because you want to have more achievements than your friends or guildies. It seems like the grind for equip you have to go for in other games, but here it takes 4+ years. I’m happy there is any cap on this, at least I will be free from this in like 20 months.

But raising the cap again ? Jeez just shoot me now. I played GW1 for all those titles…it actually included doing variety of things, completing the game. As mentioned by Faux it would be much nicer if permanent achievements were worth more, so that you are motivated to do some really kittenes (hopefully it won’t take 4 years).

I mean being rewarded every day a bit is actually good, you have to feel like you are progressing. Unfortunately the end reward of reaching the daily cap is just the feeling of being free, instead of some awesome title or something. In the worse case, if there is no cap on daily achievements. In the worse case with no cap on dailies you are not really progressing towards anything, unless you see those achievement weapons and armor as a cool reward.

It’s like waiting for retirement, you cannot really make it any faster because you can only retire at 65 or 70 or whatever is the age limit at your country. You just have to go to work every day even if you don’t feel like it. And if you wanna do something more, it doesn’t really has any effect on how soon you can retire … yes there are exceptions. You can save money and retire sooner, you can invest….but you cannot really get the money from the state any sooner without penalties (I think…I’m not a retirement expert ).

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m surprised you guys enjoy dailies so much …. you must be no fun IRL.

Just kidding, I bet you are more fun than me. But you have to see that dailies just keep you playing because you feel like you might miss something. You are not really playing because it is so much fun. You are playing for what you will get at the end, likely because you want to have more achievements than your friends or guildies. It seems like the grind for equip you have to go for in other games, but here it takes 4+ years. I’m happy there is any cap on this, at least I will be free from this in like 20 months.

But raising the cap again ? Jeez just shoot me now. I played GW1 for all those titles…it actually included doing variety of things, completing the game. As mentioned by Faux it would be much nicer if permanent achievements were worth more, so that you are motivated to do some really kittenes (hopefully it won’t take 4 years).

I mean being rewarded every day a bit is actually good, you have to feel like you are progressing. Unfortunately the end reward of reaching the daily cap is just the feeling of being free, instead of some awesome title or something. In the worse case, if there is no cap on daily achievements. In the worse case with no cap on dailies you are not really progressing towards anything, unless you see those achievement weapons and armor as a cool reward.

It’s like waiting for retirement, you cannot really make it any faster because you can only retire at 65 or 70 or whatever is the age limit at your country. You just have to go to work every day even if you don’t feel like it. And if you wanna do something more, it doesn’t really has any effect on how soon you can retire … yes there are exceptions. You can save money and retire sooner, you can invest….but you cannot really get the money from the state any sooner without penalties (I think…I’m not a retirement expert ).

The daily takes me about ten minutes. The rewards for that 10 minutes are pretty good. It’s hardly an imposition.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

The daily takes me about ten minutes. The rewards for that 10 minutes are pretty good. It’s hardly an imposition.

You must have way more luck than I have then…

Take today:
Maw: 2 hours wait
Kessex events: with luck, I might get 4 in 30 minutes
Activity: it’s been ages since I"ve done that, but I do know it was never done within 10 minutes.
Maguuma Wastes miner: costs me money, but can be done fast

WwW guards: will take a lot of time, as my borderland is mostly our colour
WvW camps: see above
WvW tower: forget those unless you’re very lucky
WvW land claimer: see above

PvP Capture: 5 minutes wait, then 10 to 15 minutes in a game
PvP Reward earner: done in the same time as above
PvP winners: about 3 or 4 hours unless very lucky

So, that’s at least 20 minutes, if I’m lucky. I usually end up in a deathmatch map if we’ve a capture daily…

Let’s just say, I completely ignore dailies on days like these

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I hit the cap tomorrow.

From there, it’s just Giant Slayer, Black lion weapons, Crab toss, & grindy WvW + EoTM + Pvp achievements left.

I think I’ll take a mini break until the expansion.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Take today:
Activity: it’s been ages since I"ve done that, but I do know it was never done within 10 minutes.

So, that’s at least 20 minutes, if I’m lucky. I usually end up in a deathmatch map if we’ve a capture daily…

PvP cooperative daily room. Ten minutes. Even if you only do the easiest ones and avoid the wins, you’d usually have to do something like gathering, which is nothing, and maybe a vista. You don’t PvP, you cooperatively get a daily in a PvP room. Nothing to do with luck.

Daily AP Limit

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Take today:

PvP cooperative daily room. Ten minutes. Even if you only do the easiest ones and avoid the wins, you’d usually have to do something like gathering, which is nothing, and maybe a vista. You don’t PvP, you cooperatively get a daily in a PvP room. Nothing to do with luck.

Don’t even know what that pvp cooperative daily room is…

And usually, I’ll do my daily, but on days like today, I’ll just skip it. Too much trouble for not enough reward.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Take today:

I did this same daily in about ~15 min last night.

a) Maw starts at a specific time, coincidentally had a guildie there that could taxi me in when it was about to start. While waiting I did —

b) Daily activity. Crab Toss. Came in with 5min remaining. Can either “AFK” during it, or play. I played and won this time around. 5min

c) Maguuma Wastes miner. Started at the southern WP went West, got lucky I guess, came across 4 nodes in relative close proximity to each other. ~4min

Then Maw was starting, taxi’d over, knocked it out in 4-5min, daily done.

Normally I skip world bosses in general and go for the easy WvW ones like Land Claimer, Master of Ruins, Guard killer, Veteran killer, Big Spender. Go to your enemy borderlands, open up map, go to nearest flag. If nothing close, go to next borderland, open up map look for nearest flag. It’s very rare to not have any sentries available anywhere on a borderland. Doesn’t need to be your server’s borderland. Next easiest is Guard killer. That’s literally going to an enemy camp and killing 5 NPCs, or an enemy tower and killing the archers at the top plus two guys guarding the gate.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being super easy like sub-5min completion, 10 being terribly long, consider not doing, today’s daily rates about a 4, simply because Maw may not be up when you are on and the WvW options aren’t the absolute fastest ones. Also you can’t use your home instance for gathering in the Wastes, so that slows me down.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Daily AP Limit

Just a flesh wound.3589

Take today:

And usually, I’ll do my daily, but on days like today, I’ll just skip it. Too much trouble for not enough reward.

The PvP cooperative rooms are custom arenas owned by PvE people for PvE people. They will say Daily on the description. You can go in one and in a few minutes get at least 2 of the PvP dailies. Kill (cooperative: designated spot on each map). Capping (the two sides take turns claiming a spot). Defend: kill someone on the other side (by permission) while standing on the claimed spot. You don’t even have to stay after getting 2 of 3. You can leave right then and go do a harvest daily.

ANet may give it to you.

Daily AP Limit

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I did this same daily in about ~15 min last night.

a) Maw starts at a specific time, coincidentally had a guildie there that could taxi me in when it was about to start. While waiting I did —

Maw was finished by time time I logged on (18:15 my time, it’s now 19:33). That’s why I generally don’t even look at those world boss dailies. They are the worst daily of them all, you either are lucky and he shows up while you’re playing, or you can forget it. That’s not even a choice…

On my scale, today was a 3. No harvesting in a home instance, no ruins or big spender (me and WvW = me dead because I always encounter a huge blob of foes whenever I go to an enemy borderland), our own borderland was completely green (our colour). I could have done the PvP and Wastes harvesting, but just didn’t feel like PvP.

Daily AP Limit

LadyRhonwyn.2501

The PvP cooperative rooms are custom arenas owned by PvE people for PvE people. They will say Daily on the description. You can go in one and in a few minutes get at least 2 of the PvP dailies. Kill (cooperative: designated spot on each map). Capping (the two sides take turns claiming a spot). Defend: kill someone on the other side (by permission) while standing on the claimed spot. You don’t even have to stay after getting 2 of 3. You can leave right then and go do a harvest daily.

I looked at those custom arenas, they only have some strange abbreviations I don’t even know, no clue what that is all about, nor even how to join one…

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

Well different people different opinions.

I hate that I have to do it every day….if I don’t feel like it I can only miss it. I can’t move it to another day….or do more the day before. It is restrictive.

And I kinda like achievements, but this method is as annoying as timegated crafting. You don’t get achievements for doing something cool. Just for loging in and putting in your daily 15 minutes. It’s like a side job.

Daily AP Limit

Just a flesh wound.3589

I looked at those custom arenas, they only have some strange abbreviations I don’t even know, no clue what that is all about, nor even how to join one…

You’ve never done any PvP? To join any PvP arena you click on the map icon and hit join game at bottom of the screen. You’ll be in observer mode. Click on the center part of the UI where it has the scores. Pick a side (usually losing, because wining side is full) and select join.

You don’t go to ones that have strange abbreviations. You look for ones that say Daily. They will often say All Welcome. No trolling. Pick one that has people in it. (Some will be empty.)

examples: open as I look
MAD (Dailies)
Open room for dailies. All welcome. No trolling
[hybrid] farm and dailies. Red cap. All welcome.

ANet may give it to you.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I read a long time ago that the cap was put in place for AP hunters. They want new players to be able to catch up to people that played at launch, thus the various AP caps.

Daily AP Limit

Ayrilana.1396

Take today:

It’s a custom daily room that’s there specifically to do the daily achievements. You’re supposed to remain on the same team between matches as it alternates who wins but many people don’t do that. It ends up who is quicker to spam to join the winning team.

Raven is designated for defender, bear is designated to swap captures, orb is for kills, and wolf remains capped for the team that wins. Orb can generally be run whenever by the winning team. It’s also polite to ask for permission to kill someone but you can usually tell you’ve been given that if they’re jumping in front of you. Examples of some rules you may find.

It usually takes no more than 7 minutes to win a round. It takes me on average less than 10 minutes since I join before reset as I know which professions will have the win daily after reset. I once finished all four dailies in 3 minutes as it was a double engineer win day.

Edit: Added the bolded as there was confusion without it…

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Daily AP Limit

Just a flesh wound.3589

Take today:

It’s a custom daily room that’s there specifically to do the daily achievements. You’re supposed to remain on the same team between matches as it alternates who wins but many people don’t do that. It ends up who is quicker to spam to join the winning team.

Raven is designated for defender, bear is designated to swap captures, orb is for kills, and wolf remains capped for the team that wins. Orb can generally be run whenever by the winning team. It’s also polite to ask for permission to kill someone but you can usually tell you’ve been given that if they’re jumping in front of you.

It usually takes no more than 7 minutes to win a round. It takes me on average less than 10 minutes since I join before reset as I know which professions will have the win daily after reset. I once finished all four dailies in 3 minutes as it was a double engineer win day.

More or less. Some are always red wins. Some are always blue wins and some alternate red and blue. They might say on the arena description or you might have to go inside and find out. Not all have orbs. Skyhammer doesn’t.

The rules differ between each arena but there are common rules that repeat. One cap site is used for switching between sides. The other 2 are for the winning side. Each place will have a designated spot for killing and getting defender. If the arena has a host and he is in (the arena will have HOST IN on the description) then he will make sure that everyone gets a win by switching all to the winning side at some point.

Basically, if you don’t know the rules as to who wins or where the kill site is you ask in map chat (or you can tell by the crowd of people killing in one spot)

ANet may give it to you.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Haurt.6420

Haurt.6420

Instead of having a hard cap on dailies, maybe add a separate pool entirely for repeatable achievements. Like a total number of points say salvaging, dungeons, and the like can give you. It would still probably have a cap of some sort, but it would still allow people who didn’t start the game at launch a way to close the gap. And for achievement points that are no longer obtainable, just add them to this pool and turn those achievements into 0 AP achievements. I mean this is by no means a perfect idea, and there are still drawbacks, but I think it would allow people who didn’t play at launch HOPE of catching up. It would still be VERY difficult for someone like me who is only just getting close to 5k AP.

Daily AP Limit

Ayrilana.1396

Take today:

Raven is designated for defender, bear is designated to swap captures, orb is for kills, and wolf remains capped for the team that wins. Orb can generally be run whenever by the winning team. It’s also polite to ask for permission to kill someone but you can usually tell you’ve been given that if they’re jumping in front of you.

More or less. Some are always red wins. Some are always blue wins and some alternate red and blue. They might say on the arena description or you might have to go inside and find out. Not all have orbs. Skyhammer doesn’t.

The rules differ between each arena but there are common rules that repeat. One cap site is used for switching between sides. The other 2 are for the winning side. Each place will have a designated spot for killing and getting defender. If the arena has a host and he is in (the arena will have HOST IN on the description) then he will make sure that everyone gets a win by switching all to the winning side at some point.

Basically, if you don’t know the rules as to who wins or where the kill site is you ask in map chat (or you can tell by the crowd of people killing in one spot)

I’m only speaking about one specific server which always has a lot of people.

Daily AP Limit

Just a flesh wound.3589

Take today:

True. But he also might go to Skyhammer, which is where MAD, Bear and KoR have their dailies, and those places are always busy when they are up during prime time a few hours after reset. (And MAD is almost always up and occupied).

ANet may give it to you.

Daily AP Limit

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I read a long time ago that the cap was put in place for AP hunters. They want new players to be able to catch up to people that played at launch, thus the various AP caps.

Its pretty much impossible to catch up unless those AP hunters stop playing. There are far too many achievements that you can’t get unless you were there for event that gave them.

Daily AP Limit

Ayrilana.1396

Take today:

True. But he also might go to Skyhammer, which is where MAD, Bear and KoR have their dailies, and those places are always busy when they are up during prime time a few hours after reset. (And MAD is almost always up and occupied).

I must have my filters set up differently because I only see maybe a dozen of so daily servers and only one of them is usually full or close to it.

Daily AP Limit

Just a flesh wound.3589

Take today:

I must have my filters set up differently because I only see maybe a dozen of so daily servers and only one of them is usually full or close to it.

Really? I guess so. At reset I’ll try to get into the various Skyhammer arenas over and over and get told each time it’s full.

ANet may give it to you.