Daily Achievements

Daily Achievements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max Akin.3607

Max Akin.3607

Although I really like the “new” daily achievements and reward system I tried to raise a complaint in the direction of Anet. However Anet doesn’t have an official complaint line and they advised me to use the forums.

Well here is what is annoying the crap out of me lately. I can understand that fractals is part of the daily system. However what I don’t understand is why there have to be two fractal achievements in one daily achievement? Is there really nothing else what can be chosen as a possible replacement? I thought the daily achievements had to be fun and stimulate people to login every day! If I understand correctly the daily achievements are picked randomly, but why do I see so much fractals in my daily achievements? Is this my bad luck or……………..?

I hope other people have the same feeling about this.

Daily Achievements

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

They do feel the same. And many, many, many threads have been made about that double fractal nonsense. In fact, it helped to spawn many Daily Achievement rooms in PvP.

If that tells you anything.

Gone to Reddit.

Daily Achievements

Max Akin.3607

Thanks for the reply

It is good to hear that I am not alone on this one.

I did search the forum for anything about the daily achievements, but didn’t find any results.

Daily Achievements

Posted by: Sir Alric.5078

Sir Alric.5078

I discovered only recently that it doesn’t matter if the achievements i complete are from the PvE, the WvsW, or the PvP lists. All i need to do is complete three of them in total, and the game will give me my 10 AP.
So my suggestion is: try to look at all the possible achievements available for the day. Out of all of them, there should be at least three you can complete to get your AP, unless you are really unlucky.

Edit: just to be clear, what i mean to say is that you can mix achievements from different game modes to get your daily done.

(edited by Sir Alric.5078)

Daily Achievements

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yeah, the search feature is pretty much useless. Also the dailies aren’t random. They’re on a specific calendar you can see here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/Table

The ‘double fractal’ thread is pretty deep, but I know it was pages and pages long with complaints. More than a few more have popped up over the months since it started. I’ll see if I can find the original.

Edit: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-is-Double-Daily-Fractal-still-happening

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Daily Achievements

Max Akin.3607

Thanks for the links Ardenwolfe.
Strange that search didn’t find these threads in the first place.

A pity that Anet still hasn’t “fixed” this

However I hope they will remove the double daily fractal soon!

Daily Achievements

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah, the search feature is pretty much useless. Also the dailies aren’t random. They’re on a specific calendar you can see here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/Table

The ‘double fractal’ thread is pretty deep, but I know it was pages and pages long with complaints. More than a few more have popped up over the months since it started. I’ll see if I can find the original.

Edit: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-is-Double-Daily-Fractal-still-happening

That list is not correct since some weeks where they again changed the rotation.

Personally as an only open world PvE player, i also really dislike the double fractals.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Daily Achievements

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know how often this occurs, but when there are double Fractal days, there may be either ‘Big Spender’ or ‘Master of Ruins’ in WvW.

‘Big Spender’ involves absolutely no contact with an opponent (for those leery of any kind of PvP) and ‘Master of Ruins’ rarely does. It’s just a matter of walking a short distance from where you spawn (even shorter if the nearby Waypoint is open) and standing in a square for a minute or so.

Good luck.

Daily Achievements

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

I liked the old daily/monthly system better than the one we have now. I liked the more general goals instead of the specifics. I get that they are trying to spread people out into the world and into other gaming options, but it all just feels too forced for me.

“Oh, you are leveling/mapping in Shiverpeaks? Tough. The daily forager is in Ascalon!”
“Oh, you were mapping Kryta? Well, how about VISTA VIEWER IN ORR?!”

It’s a little annoying that I can’t play where I want to play and have to interrupt what I am doing to chase after very specific dailies. I understand the reasoning for it, and I get that it’s only a few minutes, but it still forces me to to sidetrack. I actually LIKE double daily fractal because it kills two birds with one stone. I wouldn’t complain if the system was reworked (again) and the double daily was removed, though, as it seems to be something most people want to be changed.

I just wish the dailies offered more simple variety like they used to, and I actually didn’t even mind chasing the monthlies either. We just seemed to have more choice (which I guess was the problem?) with the old system.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Daily Achievements

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

We have more types of dailies but we still do the fastest ones first and waypoint to the exact same vistas, farms and rich ores each time lol

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Daily Achievements

Max Akin.3607

We have more types of dailies but we still do the fastest ones first and waypoint to the exact same vistas, farms and rich ores each time lol

Probably a lot of people will do it they way you described, but if possible I do all 4 pve ones.

Daily Achievements

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

They need to just increase the options for the daily. That way those who like fractals can still have their double fractal dailies, but there will be plenty of choices for those who don’t like fractals. Right now I can avoid fractal dailies because I also jump in WvW on occasion, but for those that are pve only I imagine it’s annoying.

Oh yes and….bring back costume brawl dailies please!

Daily Achievements

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

PvP and WvW dailies will always be short and easy to do for people who run into long or annoying PvE ones.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Daily Achievements

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They need to just increase the options for the daily. That way those who like fractals can still have their double fractal dailies, but there will be plenty of choices for those who don’t like fractals. Right now I can avoid fractal dailies because I also jump in WvW on occasion, but for those that are pve only I imagine it’s annoying.

Oh yes and….bring back costume brawl dailies please!

Hmmm that could be part of the crappiest PvE daily combo.

Daily Fractal
Daily lv x – y fractal
Daily Costume Brawl
Daily Activity

and they could bring back that combo finisher daily … :p

Daily Achievements

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

I don’t know how often this occurs, but when there are double Fractal days, there may be either ‘Big Spender’ or ‘Master of Ruins’ in WvW.

‘Big Spender’ involves absolutely no contact with an opponent (for those leery of any kind of PvP) and ‘Master of Ruins’ rarely does. It’s just a matter of walking a short distance from where you spawn (even shorter if the nearby Waypoint is open) and standing in a square for a minute or so.

Good luck.

For those PvE players which don’t know anything about how WvW work or where those “Ruins” for “Master of Ruins” are in Borderland that would be a very bad suggestion as first they should know that there might be player from opposing servers which very often use this event to kill easy targets while hiding in ruins or surrounding. In other word it would not be a good first time experience for those player going there for the first time just to be killed, if they don’t know anything about how to avoid it. (Like which colour belong to which server, to look out for signs of enemies around ruins before going to platform and stand on guard while the meter/clock are counting to the end.)

There are different rewards for each gaming mode: PvE will normally give player some mats in chest, WvW will give some WXP which is useful for getting better rank in WvW and PvP will have something similar to WXP (don’t play that mode, so I am not sure what you will get).

EDIT:

For player who might not know it yet: you can take still continue to get those other rewards from Daily Achievements even after you have completed all three to get points for your AP.

(edited by ShadowCatz.8437)

Daily Achievements

Posted by: Ringsound.7806

Ringsound.7806

Although I really like the “new” daily achievements and reward system I tried to raise a complaint in the direction of Anet. However Anet doesn’t have an official complaint line and they advised me to use the forums.

Well here is what is annoying the crap out of me lately. I can understand that fractals is part of the daily system. However what I don’t understand is why there have to be two fractal achievements in one daily achievement? Is there really nothing else what can be chosen as a possible replacement? I thought the daily achievements had to be fun and stimulate people to login every day! If I understand correctly the daily achievements are picked randomly, but why do I see so much fractals in my daily achievements? Is this my bad luck or……………..?

I hope other people have the same feeling about this.

and sometime the daily make up just horrible
2 Fractals+ some high level map
those new players couldnt even do anything
i really like the old daily system more

Daily Achievements

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I love the new daily system, it’s simple and easy and I get mine done within 10-15mins, regardless of the choices. If you don’t get your AP then the self limitation is on you, not Anet. There’s so many easy dailies that pop up every day that you can’t not get it done. Like:
- 50 rank points (PvP)
- Point capture… 1 point cap (PvP)
- Reward Earner (PvP)
- Forager, Logging, Miner
- Big Spender (WvW)
- Master of Ruins (WvW)
- Daily Mystic Forger.
- Vista.
- Land Claimer (WvW)

Usually, there is a combination of these above available everyday. How is it difficult?

New players get different dailys depending on the highest level toon that’s on/has been on the account.

Kitten.