Daily Achievments....where do you do them?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I know this is about to change, but where do you do your daily just to get it done when you don’t have much time?

I do mine near the cow ranch in Queensdale. I’m not the one who started it, but it seems alot of others use this area as well. Events in this area respond every 10 minutes or so. With a little practice, you can get your daily in 20 minutes or less.

Are there other good places, or is this the best?

(edited by Tom.6478)

Posted by: Pustulio.8207

Pustulio.8207

I make my way through Queensdale. The events spawn fast enough, and there isn’t a shortage of mob types/resources

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

Anywhere and everywhere. As far as I know, skill points count for daily events also. Any event that succeeds works

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

For kill variety, I’ll do them in one of the low level areas because they tend to have more variety. For events, shelter/pent/jofast events, which also covers kills.

The gathering I’ll just gather where ever on my rounds and it is usually covered by the time I finish the others.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I just play the game. If I have little time left, I usually jump into borderlands. The southern border has complete kill variety. Usually you can also snipe a Dolyak and guard point. That gives you two easy events.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

I don’t go to them, they come to me

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

I don’t go to them, they come to me

So….you’re an event?

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

I like to do mine at Dredgehaunt Cliffs. The Grey Road area is constantly alive with events, all of which are quite fun. Further north there are quite a variety of enemies, so finishing the variety step isn’t all that hard.

Not to mention, this is my favorite zone in the entire game.

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Kessex Hills is my get-it-done-quick zone: plenty of repeated DE’s and usually some other peeps around to kill the overlord champ with (even if it’s easily doable with two).

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Any place is good, (as long as it’s not Orr – there’s just not enough monster type variety there). I usually try to find them when playing normally. Events are relatively easy to do (even if they are second hardest of daily requirements), but it’s usually mob variety that holds me back – this requires running around the map a bit, or moving to another area.
That said, some places are really nice – for example my yesterday’s daily has been done without moving more than a waypoint away from Thaumanova reactor – and i had to go out mostly because of gathering.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

in wvwvw fast and easy

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I end up doing the majority on a alt. Usually one freshly started. I have the best luck in the Norn starting area. Events seem to go off quite frequently there.

Then I try to switch to my main for the last 2 kills or something for the extra money. It’s just quicker this way. And Orr doesn’t really offer the kill variety you need, which is always the hardest to get for me. >.<

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Wayfarer Hills near the gate to Hoelbrak. I run a circle around that area and there are exactly enough mob types, about a dozen events (a couple of them you can start yourself) and plenty of collection nodes.

A miss-throwing engi can clean out the minotaur and Svanir/wolf events in less than 30 seconds and the Drake Broodmother in about the same length of time. Ulfred is good for 3 events. Shoot moa birds along the way and spam Elixir B for speed. You’re done in about 15 minutes.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Yeah, Wayfarer Foothills is great when it’s not completely shut down from bugs (this week is really really bad, half the events are stuck).

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

WvW, real fast. Can not do it in Orr, no mob variety.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Anywhere and everywhere. As far as I know, skill points count for daily events also. Any event that succeeds works

No they don’t they just give a gold medal but they don’t progress your daily

Posted by: Vaxor.4039

Vaxor.4039

I’m doing mine at Plains of Ashford. It’s a really nice map I really enjoy it

Gilb Rainyday – Lvl 80 Ranger

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I usually do my dailies while I’m out exploring on whatever character, if for some reason I run out of time and just need one more event /kill or gather before I log off I just pop into the water reservoir in Queensdale.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Used to do the Queensdale circuit, hang at the ranch, troll will pop, bears and honey, someone will shout for wasp queen or champ boar, protect the caravan across the bridge, blahblahblah. Yhen I moved onto Orr…but now since it’s been borked for weeks now stuck on one event on my server (Northern Shiverpeaks), Penitent Point, I am returning to the Queensdale version…can usually get my daily in about 15 minutes give or take.

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Events/kills I get from WvW or Orr, kill variety from Gendarran (got a 1.5 min circuit there). Gathering from wherever.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Posted by: BelleroPhone.4238

BelleroPhone.4238

The Kill Variety part is very easy to get at Thaumanova Reactor, the other things actually just happen for me during gameplay)

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

gendarren fields the pit event – this event has enough monster variety to complete the daily

Posted by: Conner.1045

Conner.1045

Pretty much any of the starter/low level zones. The events pop all over the place and I enjoy being able to come rolling in when players shout for help. Having a few downscaled 80’s roar into town to help kill a Champ mob is a hoot and gives me something useful to do.

Davion Hawkwood/Patronis Caine/Cassandra Amaranth
Hawkwood Company
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I have my ele parked in Plains of Ashford, in the area just outside the Citadel. I’ll do my circle there and usually finish at least 4 events in 10 minutes (I already gained 10 levels on him this way, even though I only use him for the daylies now…). I’ll switch to my other characters after that, who are in different areas and finish my variety that way. I’ll finish the daily on my main, simply because she’s the only lvl80 and thus gets the highest amount of silver

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

I usually do most of it on whatever alt I’m working on. Good XP for the daily. I usually end up needing DE’s to finish it off and Gendarran or Bloodtide have some quick access ones.

Actually this miffs me a bit that for a game built upon the DE principle, I end up searching for and completing this last almost every day…

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I don’t do em’. If they happen while I’m questing/harvesting/exploring…fine. If not, then no biggie.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Yenkin.5410

Yenkin.5410

I have no set zones, but usually finish with a chain event that is easily 4 – 5 events, I have played on days when looking for an event was tough, but events like Maw are pretty frequent and plenty of folks typically around to finish him off quickly. Typically I can do dailies in 45 minites of less. depending on which zone and which avatar I play with.

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I’m doing Map Completion right now, currently 22/36 zones. I do most of the daily in the zone I’m completing, then if I’m still missing events I head to Penitent/Shelter/Jofast in Orr.

I can usually complete the daily in about 45 minutes while also contributing to the completion of the zone. In the past 3 weeks I’ve only missed one day.

Once the Daily is complete, I go back to the zone and keep on going, and usually additional events will pop up there to give some extra karma. If not, it’s no big deal.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

(edited by Midnightjade.3520)

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

If I have to do it as quickly as possible, I get the variety/kills/gather in Gendarran, walk out the door from LA and head west, then north to the lake.

after that I jump into WvW to get the events.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

If I’m doing world exploration, I tend to get my Daily achievement done doing normal activities, even the events and gathering low-level materials. Otherwise, I find the general Krytan area (Human leveling zones) to have a healthy mix of monster types and interesting events to do. Meanwhile, daily Orichalcum runs usually satisfy the gathering part if I don’t want to waste picks on low-level nodes (sure I could switch my picks to be more cost-efficient, but these are cases where I like to pay the “Laziness Tax”.)

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The 1-5 Norn area in the Wayfarer Foothills is fast and easy. In that small area there are 15 types of enemies, plenty of nodes, and the events repeat quickly. A couple of them, the 2 grawl caves set of events, are sets of 3 each. The Minotaur event especially repeats often. I go there whenever I am pressed for time or to finish up at the end of a session if I haven’t gotten my daily.

Posted by: Tristavel.9218

Tristavel.9218

If I’m in a hurry? Load an (slightly over-leveled) alt in one of the starting areas – usually I’m using my thief because she has permanent speed boost and can stealth out of fights – and get 14 enemy types; if I’m good, it’s often just 14 kills, so goes really fast.

Then load my necro main and do a cruise around Cursed Shore – lots of events (and 60 kills is laughably easy to get), lots of nodes and probably best money I can get in open world. Generally Orr is a good place for daily, the only issue is enemy types – that is impossible to complete there.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Variably all 1-15 zones or where ever my levelling character is. I used to do the events at Cursed Shore, but doing the events with the lower level char helps them to get closer to their next goal.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

WvW will give you everything you need for daily. However, since I’m trying to get my ascended gear, I do fotm first which usually gives me most of my kill variety and kill count. I get my mining done by bringing 2 characters to the rich ori in southsun cove. Doing jormag gives you all the daily dynamic events you need.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Sobiech.9613

Sobiech.9613

in wvwvw fast and easy

This. Lots of gathering nodes and different wildlife to kill. The events happen all around you. If you can’t get your dailies here, you’re doing it wrong.

Reine Tovar [HoTR] – Mesmer
Aerika [HoTR] – Necromancer