Daily Checklist

Daily Checklist

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elarionus.3246

Elarionus.3246

Q:

So I am working on a daily checklist for the game that includes all of the things that you can only do once a day. Right now, I have these things:

Crafting:
Glob of Elder Spirit Residue
Lump of Mithrillium
Spool of Silk Weaving Thread
Spool of Thick Elonian Cord
Charged Quartz Crystal

Farming:
Home Instance Farm
Guild Hall Farm
Pact Supply Network Agent

Achievements:
Daily Achievements
Daily Bloodstone Fen
Daily Ember Bay
Daily Bitterfrost Frontier

I was wondering if there is anything else that should be on this checklist. Thanks in advance! I’ll be updating it as I get responses, and I’m not putting festival things on here, though feel free to mention daily activities from those for separate checklists!

If you can’t get out of it, get into it.
—Dan Bukvich

(edited by Elarionus.3246)

Daily Checklist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Farm the Guild Hall

Daily Checklist

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Guild Hall farm, assuming you’re in a guild that has upgraded that far.

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

There are many other daily gated things to do, but the most important is probably the charged quartz crystal. It’s needed for crafting the best maintenance oils IG (by far), and you will need it in WvW or raids.

EDIT – Also, especially if you have a limited time to play, you don’t have to do all the daily stuff… It takes time, and it would be a shame if that was the only thing you’d do IG.

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Necrotic.7820

Necrotic.7820

Pact Supply Network Agent.

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here’s a list of time-gated recipes: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crafting#Time_gated_recipes

There’s the Bandit stuff, the Anomaly (for Mystic Coin), the…um…thing that let’s you purchase items with HoT currencies, the Guild Trader and Tavern NPC….oh, if you have character(s) parked at JPs….the ‘eaters’….

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Most of the tabs on the Ley-Energy Matter Converter can only be used once per day.

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^That’s what it’s called. Lol. I couldn’t remember.

Daily Checklist

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

Yea. I would suggest adding the Ley Anomally that you can get a mystic coin from each day. Mystic coins are shooting up right now since Winter’s presence uses more then most legendaries right now.

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s also feeding Mawdrey II, Princess, the Empyreal Star and the other things that ‘eat’ various ascended crafting materials. Each one can be used about 4-5 times a day.

There’s also a treasure chest you get in your home instance from one of the collection achievements (I think it’s the one where you get lots of exotic items) which can be opened once per day.

And of course the Found Bandit Chest in your home instance.

Edit: It’s only a short-term thing but there’s also buying books for the Zinn’s Prize Student achievement.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Daily Flax Farm.
Daily Elder Wood Farm.
Daily Quartz Farm.

Almost everything plus these three are in my daily rotation.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

Daily Fractals- the 2 recommended scales and the kitten specific fractals

Daily Checklist

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

you’re missing Clay Pot

and some Scribe stuff

Mesmerizing

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Why is home instance farm such a good thing? I thought they were just a few nodes once a day? Someone please explain!

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Why is home instance farm such a good thing? I thought they were just a few nodes once a day? Someone please explain!

Just like there are just a “few nodes” out in the open world?

Free gold, no mobs, known time and location of where those nodes spawn. Look on youtube, it is not uncommon to pull a couple gold out of a full instance (which does not have to be yours, you can party up).

I do not have a lot of nodes but here is what I pull from every day, not counting extra strikes.

wintersday tree
candy corn node (the 6 strike one)
all 3 LS3 nodes
all 3 HOT nodes

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Correct, they are just a few nodes a day. And while it takes years and years for most nodes to pay for themselves, any friends/leechers joining see pure profit, to the tune of about an extra gold/day for a fully-stocked instance — and that’s just the easily-measured value from ore, wood, and veggies.

A lot of people also use them as a time-saving convenience, since the nodes are easier/cheaper to reach for dailies.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Daily Checklist

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

It’s getting loot you wouldn’t normally get otherwise. I have:

Basic Ore Nodes
Basic Lumber Nodes
Basic Plant Nodes
Basic Cloth Rack
Basic Leather Rack
Quartz Crystal Node
King Sized Candy Corn Node
Airship Cargo
Exalted Chest
Crystallized Supply Cache
Found Bandit Chest
Wintersday Gift Tree

When there’s times I’m not playing a lot, I wouldn’t normally get cargo, chests, etc every day. Crafting supplies gradually build up when you’re not actively crafting anything, the lower tiers I usually wouldn’t get from salvaging and would have to go farm anyway. Off season festival items like the candy corn and wintersday tree let you build up stores year round to sell off at high time.

It’s not a huge instant profit but rather convenient when you’re not actively playing in the areas you’d get the loot from.