Daily Completion

Daily Completion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

In this thread I intend to track my completion times for the daily each day, as well as which options I chose to do it. My goal will be to minimize the time it takes as much as possible. I’ll be running the dailies on a level 80 mesmer with full map completion.

If you’d like to join me in tracking your progress, you’re welcome to do so as well.

12/20/2014
Total Time: 4:38
Viewed a Maguuma vista, harvested lumber in Ascalon (this one took up longer than it should have, as I stopped to gather herbs (Got a chili pepper!), and claimed land in WvW.

12/21/2014
Total Time: 9:23
Crafted an exotic luck, mined some iron is Dredgehaunt, and defended a point in ranked.

12/22/2014
Total Time: 4:59
Mystic Forged some rares I had been saving, claimed some land in WvW, and killed a WvW dolyak. This would have been a record breaking run, but I got ganked going for the dolyak and had to run back. Oh well.

12/23/2014
Total Time: 4:43

Mined some ore in Blazeridge (Teracarorunda is my favorite gathering spot in all of Ascalon), Waypointed to the vista in Black Citadel, and then headed off to WvW to capture a ruin/kill a dolyak, whichever came first. I ended up capturing the ruin as there were no dolyaks nearby at the time.

(edited by Subdue.5479)

Daily Completion

Posted by: Rampage.6489

Rampage.6489

Im currently stuck for hours since I need to go to a region I have no idea how to get to

edit: an hour from when I first posted here I finally finished them all using 2 characters sigh and killing the boss was pure idiocy with no vision because of effects spamming + 34343 chats saying their fps is gone

(edited by Rampage.6489)

Daily Completion

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Im currently stuck for hours since I need to go to a region I have no idea how to get to

Where are you trying to get to, and where are you now?

Daily Completion

Subdue.5479

Maguuma is the Sylvari and Asura area. You can get to it by going to either the Grove (Sylvari town) or Rata Sum (Asura town), and heading outside.

Ascalon is Char territory. You can get to it by going to the Black Citadel (Char town) and heading outside.

Daily Completion

Rampage.6489

Maguuma is the Sylvari and Asura area. You can get to it by going to either the Grove (Sylvari town) or Rata Sum (Asura town), and heading outside.

Ascalon is Char territory. You can get to it by going to the Black Citadel (Char town) and heading outside.

Well I need to get to Southsun cove or whatever and i dont even know what that place is. Can log on my 80 for maguuma but the whole point of dailies is that I should be able to do em with any character!

Daily Completion

Rampage.6489

oh nevermind my necro hasnt been to maguuma either. So in order to get this daily Id either have to explore half the map or make a new char character? alright kitten the dailies then

Daily Completion

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Southsun is an island in Sea of Sorrows. Level 80.

Take your swinsuit and sunblocker.

Daily Completion

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Well I need to get to Southsun cove or whatever and i dont even know what that place is. Can log on my 80 for maguuma but the whole point of dailies is that I should be able to do em with any character!

Where on earth did you hear that? It’s not true, you just want it to be rue.

Daily Completion

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

well southsun cove is lvl 80 area so best logon your 80…. you get to it through a asura gate east side of lions arch

Daily Completion

Rampage.6489

if anything this topic proves dailies have NOT gotten easier lol, whoever says that from now on should just take a peek in here xd

Daily Completion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Even a Level 2 character can get to Maguuma from anywhere outside Maguuma. Just enter the PvP Lobby, or WvW (Press on keyboard…take the Asura Portal to Lion’s Arch, then take the Asura Portal to Rata Sum or The Grove. Voila!, you are in Maguuma!

Good luck. =)

Daily Completion

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

~20 min(1 game won as guard, queue time included), pvp achievement really got dumb down, two are literally free as long as you don’t afk.

As for pve ones, done maw(spawn 15 min after reset) and vista (LA→Grove, there is one right next to the portal), takes ~5 min.

Daily Completion

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

From the patch notes (bolded the important bit):

The number of available achievements per day is based on the highest-level character on an account:

Levels 1 – 10: 1 achievement per category
Levels 11 – 30: 3 achievements per category
Levels 31 – 80: 4 achievements per category

So, nope. If you have a lvl 80, then your account’s dailies will take that into account. There are plenty of dailies, both under new and old systems, that could not be completed by a low-level character.

Idk why you’re getting so upset about dailies in every single thread, anyway. It doesn’t seem like 10 AP would matter to you anyway. And that’s the only reward for completing 3 dailies. All the other rewards you used to get, are now just from logging in.

Daily Completion

Rampage.6489

every single thread? XD Or maybe just the threads about that topic?

If you’re guessing why arenanet has to resort to multiservers and stuff like this its probably because kittens like you destroy the community scaring away (potential) new players!

And Im “getting upset” (lol really?) because a game should be improved, not made worse.

(edited by Rampage.6489)

Daily Completion

Subdue.5479

Your ignorance is not the fault of the new system.

Daily Completion

Rampage.6489

Thanks for proving my point, your problem is thinking this game and update is only for veterans of the game who played for over a year. That attitude is what is destroying the number (and influx) of players good job, if you keep this up there wont be a GW2 one year from now.

Daily Completion

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

Thanks for proving my point, your problem is thinking this game and update is only for veterans of the game who played for over a year. That attitude is what is destroying the number (and influx) of players good job, if you keep this up there wont be a GW2 one year from now.

Are you done with your daily whining quest? Here’s 10AP for you

Daily Completion

Posted by: Mileinnor.7125

Mileinnor.7125

If you had even the slightest ability to read you’d know I dont even care about AP.

I don’t understand. If you don’t care about the AP, why do you still do it? All the rewards have been moved to the login system. Doing daily now is practically for the 10 AP or the new bonus associated with the new daily system. New daily =/= old daily.

Daily Completion

Subdue.5479

Well, considering new players get a different set of dailies, and had you asked in literally any town, probably any zone anywhere in the game, someone would have told you where southsun is, and somehow you managed to wander around for hours and then blame the system, I’m gonna say that’s not a new player issue, that’s a being ignorant issue.

Daily Completion

Rampage.6489

Well, considering new players get a different set of dailies, and had you asked in literally any town, probably any zone anywhere in the game, someone would have told you where southsun is, and somehow you managed to wander around for hours and then blame the system, I’m gonna say that’s not a new player issue, that’s a being ignorant issue.

How does any of the nonsense you spouted make the new system any better or easier or even more diverse than the old one?

Daily Completion

Olvendred.3027

If you had even the slightest ability to read you’d know I dont even care about AP.

As I told you only a few posts ago in this thread, the absolute only reward for completing 3 dailies is 10 AP. If you don’t care about AP, there is absolutely no reason to feel like you should complete the 3 dailies.

Daily Completion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

if anything this topic proves dailies have NOT gotten easier lol, whoever says that from now on should just take a peek in here xd

This topic only proves you didn’t want to spend 1 minute to read a wiki or ask someone where southsun was. It’s a gate, a single gate from Lion’s Arch.

Unless you’ve never been to Lion’s Arch.

Every single starting area can be accessed from Lion’s Arch as well. It doesn’t take an hour to do the dailies. It takes you specifically an hour to do the dailies.

Maybe you’ll learn the game from this and next time it’ll take you fifteen minutes or less, as it was meant to.

Daily Completion

Vayne.8563

The reaction you’re getting is not based on you being new. It’s based on you being argumentative. I get that all the time, so I know.

A single post on this forum asking where Southsun was, or a whisper in chat would have gotten a better response. Southsun is one of the most easily reached zones in the game.

If you don’t know how to get somewhere, why wouldn’t you just ask?

Daily Completion

Mileinnor.7125

I don’t understand. If you don’t care about the AP, why do you still do it? All the rewards have been moved to the login system. Doing daily now is practically for the 10 AP or the new bonus associated with the new daily system. New daily =/= old daily.

Oh look another idiot who cant read!
Il just repeat it one more time for the real slow ones: A game should be IMPROVING over time and NOT get worse. Is that really too hard to understand for you kids?

That is entirely your own opinion. I personally like the new login+daily system. It is perfect? No, there’s still improvements to be made, but I MUCH prefer it over the old one. And, you don’t have to be rude. Be civil.

Daily Completion

Rampage.6489

Oh look another idiot who cant read!
Il just repeat it one more time for the real slow ones: A game should be IMPROVING over time and NOT get worse. Is that really too hard to understand for you kids?

That is entirely your own opinion. I personally like the new login+daily system. It is perfect? No, there’s still improvements to be made, but I MUCH prefer it over the old one. And, you don’t have to be rude. Be civil.

Oh Im civil until people get so kittened its not even a discussion anymore but just them trying to “win” something thats not about winning or losing. People are pathetic these days sigh Im outta here good night or whatever time it is there.

Daily Completion

Rampage.6489

The reaction you’re getting is not based on you being new. It’s based on you being argumentative. I get that all the time, so I know.

A single post on this forum asking where Southsun was, or a whisper in chat would have gotten a better response. Southsun is one of the most easily reached zones in the game.

once again for the kitten: you shouldnt have to google or forum or wiki for DAILIES, do you even get the concept of them??!

Its about doing some EASY TASKS by YOURSELF without OUTSIDE HELP (players or info online) for a SMALL REWARD in a SHORT TIME

These new dailies dont even fit half those terms

(edited by Rampage.6489)

Daily Completion

Subdue.5479

once again for the kitten: you shouldnt have to google or wiki for DAILIES

You really wouldn’t have to. You’d have a harder time finding someone in Lion’s Arch that doesn’t know where Southsun is than finding someone who does. Or do you think you shouldn’t have to communicate with others in an MMO either?

Daily Completion

BlueBoy.1236

How does any of the nonsense you spouted make the new system any better or easier or even more diverse than the old one?

Do you know how awful it is to get 10 ap if you happen to be playing in a low tier server during off hour? Pls tell me how i should finish 10 wvw kills when there’s no one to kill, or how i should cap 3keeps alone.

Now, pls compare that kind of hassle with walking to silverwaste map and finishing 4events. kthxbye

Daily Completion

Mileinnor.7125

I see his problem. He still has the mindset of the old daily. The new daily is no longer the old daily. There is no longer any reason to do it unless for the AP or the bonus rewards. The new dailies are no longer ‘simple’ because the associated rewards have actually IMPROVED.

Daily Completion

Rampage.6489

I see his problem. He still has the mindset of the old daily. The new daily is no longer the old daily. There is no longer any reason to do it unless for the AP or the bonus rewards. The new dailies are no longer ‘simple’ because the associated rewards have actually IMPROVED.

the rewards perhaps, the activities havent. Wow you people must be 12 year olds lol Im done argueing with children, enjoy your morning cartoons xd

Daily Completion

Subdue.5479

once again for the kitten: you shouldnt have to google or forum or wiki for DAILIES, do you even get the concept of them??!

Its about doing some EASY TASKS by YOURSELF without OUTSIDE HELP (players or info online) for a SMALL REWARD in a SHORT TIME

That’s because the functionality you’re describing was replaced by the login reward.

Easy task: Logging in – doesn’t get much easier

By yourself: Check, for most people anyway. You, I think you might need help remembering your password sometimes.

Small reward: Yep, it’s got those.

Short time: I’d say so. How long does it take to log in?

Daily Completion

BlueBoy.1236

Do you know how awful it is to get 10 ap if you happen to be playing in a low tier server during off hour? Pls tell me how i should finish 10 wvw kills when there’s no one to kill, or how i should cap 3keeps alone.

Now, pls compare that kind of hassle with walking to silverwaste map and finishing 4events. kthxbye

wow are you seriously that kittened?
Even with just gathering and killing + carry a salvage kit you could easily get the old dailies, you are just making up kitten now to be right. Like I said trying to win when there is nothing to win. Pathetic excuse for a human being you are sigh…

You’ve just become my new definition of ignorance

Daily Completion

Subdue.5479

Honestly I think the main problem with a.net’s change is that they didn’t rename the dailies. It makes ignorant people unable to distinguish the change in function. Perhaps if a.net just said "we’re cancelling the dailies, and adding, “24 hour challenges!” they would have had a better response.

Daily Completion

Mileinnor.7125

Honestly I think the main problem with a.net’s change is that they didn’t rename the dailies. It makes ignorant people unable to distinguish the change in function. Perhaps if a.net just said "we’re cancelling the dailies, and adding, “24 hour challenges!” they would have had a better response.

Agreed. The new system offer far greater rewards than the old system. They should just renamed it to daily challenges instead. The world CHALLENGE should sufficiently draw the distinction between the old ‘simple’ dailies and the new ‘harder(?)’ dailies.

Daily Completion

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Why not?

Serious question, why should you not have to learn about the game to do dailies?

Also, the old system sometimes gave you “Maguma Event Completer” or “Shiverpeaks Event Completer”. You can’t blame just the new system for expecting you to figure out where Maguma is.

You’re looking at only half of it. The “easy tasks by yourself without outside help” is the new Log-In Rewards. Laurels, Mystic Coins, EXP, and even occasional gemstore items all come from that now. The ONLY part you’re missing from your old dailies is the AP.

The new tasks give that AP for doing 3 of them, and they added in some more rewards on top of that. Rewards you wouldn’t get in the old system, or for doing these tasks if they’re not the daily choices. The rewards for this part have gone up, but so has the challenge on some of the tasks.

If you truly don’t care about the AP, then congratulations! Just log in, open your free chest for the day, and your dailies are done! No need to ask for help or look up information, you’re done the moment you log in.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Daily Completion

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

New players, don’t have to do as many achievements to get the daily. Accounts with characters at level 80 does. Before you condemn this game for being anti new player, you should probably read the patch release notes.

Daily Completion

Vayne.8563

Actually, I think most MMOs are so big that there’s always stuff to learn and ask. It’s part of MMOs. This isn’t some single player game. It’s a game with a community and if you don’t make use of that community that’s pretty much your own lookout.

Daily Completion

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Also, the old system sometimes gave you “Maguma Event Completer” or “Shiverpeaks Event Completer”. You can’t blame just the new system for expecting you to figure out where Maguma is.

No, but the old system gave you an option to do something else instead. I almost never did those event dailies because I never came across enough in my playtime. But that didn’t matter, as I’d have 6 or 7 others to choose from (not counting the PvP and WvW ones). Today is one of those days that simply is not worth the trouble. Southsun events? Maybe if you’re lucky and are online for the karka queen event. Maw? Maybe if you’re lucky and are online at the right time. Whoops, that’s 2 of 4. And you need 3. Hmm, WvW then? I could try to put my loathing of PvP aside (and despite what some people say, WvW = PvP) Oh wait, the entire area is green. No blue or red sentries, no blue or red keeps, no blue or red camps. So, that’s not going to happen either.

Daily Completion

Olvendred.3027

No, but the old system gave you an option to do something else instead. I almost never did those event dailies because I never came across enough in my playtime. But that didn’t matter, as I’d have 6 or 7 others to choose from (not counting the PvP and WvW ones). Today is one of those days that simply is not worth the trouble. Southsun events? Maybe if you’re lucky and are online for the karka queen event. Maw? Maybe if you’re lucky and are online at the right time. Whoops, that’s 2 of 4. And you need 3. Hmm, WvW then? I could try to put my loathing of PvP aside (and despite what some people say, WvW = PvP) Oh wait, the entire area is green. No blue or red sentries, no blue or red keeps, no blue or red camps. So, that’s not going to happen either.

You could have gone EotM, for a wvw daily.

But yeah. The beauty of the new system is that you can just say “I don’t want to do these things today”, and you lose out on nothing except AP. If you don’t like them, you’re free to go and do whatever else you do like doing in your limited playtime

Daily Completion

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

This topic only proves again how players are unaware of mechanics …
Use the free portals all around the game and you can travel across the map even if you only have a new lvl2 character.
/thread

Daily Completion

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

So the gist of what I get from the complaint is that “I refuse to interact or find out anything about the game.”
Did I miss anything?

Daily Completion

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Sorry to hear about the lack of options in WvW today for you. All locations on enemy borderlands were controlled by your server ? Thats fairly unusual in my experience, hopefully you will have better luck next time.

For what it is worth WvW is not necessarily PvP, or at least the WvW dailies are not. There isn’t any, “versus player,” involved in walking over to stand in an uncontested circle of colored light at a ruins point. Similarly there isnt necessarily any, "versus player involved in killing an unattended dolyak along some unguarded road.

So far I have not even seen an enemy player, let alone had to fight one, while doing a WvW option as part of my dailies since the change went live. Today took just over four minutes from start to finish to complete my dailies.

Daily Completion

Posted by: AdaephonDelat.3890

AdaephonDelat.3890

So the gist of what I get from the complaint is that “I refuse to interact or find out anything about the game.”
Did I miss anything?

Nope that seems to be it. Oh wait you missed out angry at everyone who disagrees.

[BAD] a casual PvE guild on Aurora Glade.
http://bad-eu.guildlaunch.com
The Family Deuce. Asuran Adventure Specialists.

Daily Completion

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Did I miss anything?

Nope that seems to be it. Oh wait you missed out angry at everyone who disagrees.

ah, my bad.

Daily Completion

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

New daily is easy to do and would remind you of some fancy content to enjoy if you actually read the options and you have the time. It is good generally good to explore new stuff or just finish it quickly if you don’t have time. Otherwise, it usually brings back massive activity to the places in the daily which can be considered as a good or a bad thing.

Daily Completion

Subdue.5479

New daily is easy to do and would remind you of some fancy content to enjoy if you actually read the options and you have the time. It is good generally good to explore new stuff or just finish it quickly if you don’t have time. Otherwise, it usually brings back massive activity to the places in the daily which can be considered as a good or a bad thing.

In my experience so far, the dailies have been quick and painless, but I think it’s important to measure just how quick and painless they are, for a more objective view. I invite everyone to join me

Daily Completion

Subdue.5479

12/21/2014
Total Time: 9:23
Crafted an exotic luck, mined some iron is Dredgehaunt, and defended a point in ranked.

I feel like I might have been able to complete this a bit faster if I went straight to defending the point, but I was having too much fun dueling this necro. Oops!

Daily Completion

Subdue.5479

12/22/2014
Total Time: 4:59

Mystic Forged some rares I had been saving, claimed some land in WvW, and killed a WvW dolyak. This would have been a record breaking run, but I got ganked going for the dolyak and had to run back. Oh well.

Daily Completion

Subdue.5479

12/23/2014
Total Time: 4:43

Mined some ore in Blazeridge (Teracarorunda is my favorite gathering spot in all of Ascalon), Waypointed to the vista in Black Citadel, and then headed off to WvW to capture a ruin/kill a dolyak, whichever came first. I ended up capturing the ruin as there were no dolyaks nearby at the time.