Daily Crafter too good to be true?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Haven’t had it in a long while. Luck crafting trick killed it?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Ectos got too cheap and they took it out of the rotation.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Ectos got too cheap and they took it out of the rotation.

Heaven help us! You mean for a brief time dirty non-farmers were actually able to earn anything! Good on Anet for nipping that in the bud!

Lord Kuru.3685

So Anet has target prices for items such as ectos? … so the market isn’t really that free… so if you have an idea of what Anet’s target prices are, you can presumably make a killing when the prices move off of Anet’s target prices?

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Forumite + Speculation = Fact
I read it in the forum, so it must be true XD

Wanze.8410

So Anet has target prices for items such as ectos? … so the market isn’t really that free… so if you have an idea of what Anet’s target prices are, you can presumably make a killing when the prices move off of Anet’s target prices?

I dont think they have a precise target price for items, more like a range and they regularly check supply and demand. And I would assume that those ranges also vary depending on what new content they are about to send live in the coming months.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

So Anet has target prices for items such as ectos?

Of course they do.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Lord Kuru.3685

I dont think they have a precise target price for items, more like a range and they regularly check supply and demand. And I would assume that those ranges also vary depending on what new content they are about to send live in the coming months.

Yeah.. that’s probably right.

What about this: knowing they do interfere in the market means that when they don’t interfere, they feel the price is roughly ok. Silver doubloons, for example.

Wanze.8410

What about this: knowing they do interfere in the market means that when they don’t interfere, they feel the price is roughly ok. Silver doubloons, for example.

I would categorize putting silver doubloons on the loot table of gift of mawdrey and star of gratitude as interference.

Lord Kuru.3685

I would categorize putting silver doubloons on the loot table of gift of mawdrey and star of gratitude as interference.

Oh… didn’t know they were in their loot tables!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The task was maybe put in with not enough thinking about the alternates to
crafting something like armor, weapons or jewlery that actually also consumes ectos.

The first time for example i really crafted an exotic earring .. all in all it only costed
me 2 instead of 5 ectos .. so that was a good deal .. and maybe a dev just though
about something like that .. and then it was too complicated to make all the
other stuff NOT work ..

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Firezzzz.1836

Firezzzz.1836

Anet is choosing drop rate of different items so naturally they have a big influence in supply and therefore the price. This isn’t a new concept for any mmo.
Them making a mistake with a daily doesn’t mean they can’t fix it because that would be interfering in the market, because they interfere in the market anyway.

Drohakin ~ Blacktide

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

So has this daily definitely been removed? Or is that still speculation based on the fact that it hasn’t come up in a while?

If it’s been removed I’ll stop saving up Essence of Luck and just use them as I get them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Wanze.8410

So has this daily definitely been removed? Or is that still speculation based on the fact that it hasn’t come up in a while?

If it’s been removed I’ll stop saving up Essence of Luck and just use them as I get them.

For now its a fact that it hasnt come up since the last time it was active.

Posted by: Bonedoctor.2796

Bonedoctor.2796

Going back to launch and the state of the market for the first 4-5 months of gameplay . I am ok with whatever they do to keep it balanced out . You couldn’t make any gold hardly and it took ages to make regular exotics in some cases . I feel it had more to do with getting people into certain areas and forcing activity in those zones . Getting armored scales used to be horribly costly due to supply . Until they pointed people in the direction of where to get them . Before that , they had gone up to 1 gold each and more . Now there back in the low 30’s range . I feel like they fiddle in the market more in this area than any other way and I personally am ok with it .

Posted by: Grom.5139

Grom.5139

Supply and demand? ANet actually watching over item prices? I doubt that, especially when a level 80 exotic Sentinel’s Soft Wood Staff of Accuracy are cleaned out in the TP and being relisted at around 300 Gold each. Go ahead, look it up

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

That type of thing is a temporary blip, though.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Wanze.8410

Supply and demand? ANet actually watching over item prices? I doubt that, especially when a level 80 exotic Sentinel’s Soft Wood Staff of Accuracy are cleaned out in the TP and being relisted at around 300 Gold each. Go ahead, look it up

First of all, the droprate of that Staff got adjusted 4 times already as it was available from Molten Facility and then temporarily reintroduced during Battle for LA.

Apart from that, this staff is hardly breaking the economy, so why should they adjust it?
I rather have them watch over loot that drops for me every day.

And btw, you can craft a staff with the same stats for under 10g, with the only difference that the crafted one doesnt have a chance of being salvaged into a sentinel insignia.