Daily Dodge + Daily Healer ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daggz.4950

Daggz.4950

Dodged many mobs, revived many peaple/npc’s, still no count, something im doing wrong lol?

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Umm where is that daily located? I don’t have that.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Daggz.4950

It’s one of these new dailies lol, but doesnt seem to work, i believe it is random for everyone, i am stuck with doing daily dodger and daily healer, dodging as in didging, healing as in reviving, but isnt working

Daggz.4950

LMAO it seems im the only one with these dailies ???

Posted by: BigDawg.3265

BigDawg.3265

a couple of people on the forums have been asking about this too, I have dodge and heal but everyone thats been talking in game has said they have combo

Posted by: Neishi.5309

Neishi.5309

I’ve got dodge and heal, too, and it’s not working for me either.

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Maybe you got to “evade” attacks… as in it is not enough to just dodge out of combat or dodge when nothing would hit you anyway?

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Neishi.5309

The evade message has popped up several times and still nothing.

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Maybe some clients are bugged locally and showing the wrong string for the achievement. Try doing the combo achievement that others have.

Neishi.5309

Maybe some clients are bugged locally and showing the wrong string for the achievement. Try doing the combo achievement that others have.

Tried that and didn’t get any progress whatsoever. I just went out with a guildie and had him die, get downed, and rally to see if any of them counted. Not at all.

Posted by: McClearyUnderMistRaildexGun.2086

McClearyUnderMistRaildexGun.2086

I’ve got the heal+dodge and can pitch in that it doesn’t work for me either.

Has anyone tried reviving from downed (not fully dead), I’ve tried defeated (fully dead) for an npc and a player, it doesn’t work.

For dodge, I dodged an attack, nothing changed.

Neishi.5309

I tried from downed, dead, and I killed the monster to make them rally. No change.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Sounds like another fine step in the wrong direction for ANet.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Gavorn.9647

Gavorn.9647

Healer works for me, you have to rez different things

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

it count for me

Gavorn.9647

evade works too, you have to have the Evade pop up.

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Broken

JUST like the combo field one. Way to go Anet.. Way to #$%^$ go

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Combo was yesterday’s daily, everyone had it up until… 17 minutes ago when it reset Healer and Dodge are new dailies.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Gavorn.9647

The Healer is for REZing not just healing, find a down’d ally and rez them and downed NPC will do just dont do the same one over and over. find a fort that gets taken alot

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Healer: Rez people

Evasion: Evade JUST as you are about to be hit. AVOIDING a melee attack by dodging out of range is not the same as EVADING a melee attack that would have hit you.

Hope that helps.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Neishi.5309

It works since the dailies reset. Before hand, they didn’t.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

This daily just makes no sense at all.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

Combo finish was finicky as heck before the reset now the dodge one is buggy for me too. The evade is popping up and I’m getting nothing.

Posted by: Xisk.3451

Xisk.3451

If you have a ranger, the easy way is set your pet to avoid combat, wield your greatsword, and only autoattack. The 3rd chain skill, powerstab, evades. If you get a mob high enough level (I’m 80/exotics, fought level 8o melee mobs), then the fights are long enough to get sometimes 2-3 evades, but usually at least 1 evade/dodge a fight. Also, rezzing NPC’s/players mentioned by 2-3 people above is the fast way to finish healing.

Ivor Emrys | Eirik Emrys | Lir Emrys
Tarnished Coast since BWE2

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

Dodge with " V " key is works well for me but not double tap with " W " or other keys . You can try dodge with " V ".

(edited by azazil.9541)

Posted by: Ummeiko.5318

Ummeiko.5318

My advice, after struggling to get credit for awhile, is to find a mob with a ranged attack, and dodge right as they throw. Much more consistent in getting credit than melee mobs, where I found even dodging out of their big charge up attacks wasn’t at the right timing to get credit.

Marumari – Asura Warrior
Ummei – Asura Ele

Posted by: bigtankstarsp.3581

bigtankstarsp.3581

I got the dodger one and ran into a centaur cave and dodged 6 mobs and went up to 30% in one try!! I lold out loud and did it 4 more times and got to 80 woot im on my way then I DCd and lost all progress…. lol is on me i guess haha

[JL] Tstar D Engineer
[JL] Oakland Raider
B L A C K G AT E

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

The dodge is a piece of cake – if you get text telling you that you evaded – it’s +1.

The heal though, I have no idea. Tried Warrior, healing people with traited shouts – nothing. Guardian, healing with Merficul Intervention, Virtue of Resolve – nothing. Tried Mesmer healing people with traited phantams that apply regen when you’re close – longshot, but nothing. I’m very unclear what is considered the “right kind of heal”.

Posted by: JarekCyphus.7068

JarekCyphus.7068

Dodge and heal both worked fine for me; just working on events, now. Go fight something big like a Pinesoul and dodge their big lumbering attacks; it’s super easy! Then just rez all the NPC corpses that litter the battlefields of events.

Judges of the Tarnished Coast
Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

You have to dodge exactly when something is going to attack so you get the “Evade” message.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Dodge is a cheesy one for a few suggestions listed. You can do it with one mob acting as a prop.

Posted by: TheRosix.9514

TheRosix.9514

Nothing is more annoying when trying to do the daily dodge, a people show up to attack the mob or Ettin. :< As a ranger its a little hard when the pet gets hit from the attack, and trying to kill my pet on purpose., people show up helping. Gawh.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You have to dodge exactly when something is going to attack so you get the “Evade” message.

This for the evade one. It should say evade(d) if you’ve done it correctly.
For the healing one, all you really need to do is find some defeated NPC (or players, but those are less likely). You should be able to find defeated NPCs pretty easily (at least on my server).
I did both while I was in Sparkfly Fen last night. They are kinda more annoying to do then the previous ones.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: ouroboris.1048

ouroboris.1048

ANet – which part of “please fix the _________” (for me it’s “targeting system”) did you horrendously misinterpret to read “make the game harder and more annoying”? I hate crafting, it’s boring. Hate dodge / evade & combos, right hand is a little wonky so it’s all I can do to stand there and bash the enemy into submission. Thanks for nothing.

(edited by ouroboris.1048)

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

Heal and Dodge both worked perfectly for me. The dodge one only applies to actual evaded attacks. If you don’t see evade, you’re dodging at the wrong time. Heal, just rez NPCs.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

I had those today as well and completed them.

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

These new dailies are so easy and diverse I don’t feel like I’m doing the exact same thing over and over and over again every single day.

Now I have 2 laurels.

Attachments:

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

Had both, they both worked last night. Though if you Rez and NPC it has to be at full health or it wont count.

Dodging is easy. Go the Cows near the Ranch in Queensdale, tag one, they attack at the same time so dodge and you get credit for 3 at a time, thats how I did it, in about 2 minutes.

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

IMO those two achievements were the grindest ones. It took me so long to find a dead NPC and rez him back up, not to mention dodging. I just attack random mobs, and try to avoid their attacks, it just doesn’t feel “natural”.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

These new dailies are so easy and diverse I don’t feel like I’m doing the exact same thing over and over and over again every single day.

Now I have 2 laurels.

Whatever you do, don’t rest on them….

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Daily Achievements are easy, maybe they should add something more challenging? (/hides)

I’m joking btw they look fine for Dailies so far (except for the combo killer which was removed from rotation anyway).

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

I got the Healer one literally within five minutes of logging in on my Ele’. One of the towns in Caledon Forest had been overrun by Nightmare Court and I just rez’d all of the NPCs. The Dodge I got just by normal combat.

I didn’t have to do anything to get either of these achievements. I would have rez’d those NPCs anyway. I dodge in combat anyway. Maybe the achievements are bugged for some people, but I think it is far more likely that they are trying to find the “easy way out” by looking for a way to get credit for something in the game by not actually playing the game.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

you’ll get the dodge and the heal achievements if you just normally play. wonder what I will get today…

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Both worked for me, and I revived more NPCs than I did Players and achieved the complete.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Now I have 2 laurels.

How did you get 2 laurels?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: JBleezz.2697

JBleezz.2697

Dodge one worked fine for me. I was short on time though so I just let enemies get in melee range and dodge at the last minute. My friend on the other hand got it within 10 min of normal play so seems fine.

As for heal while sometimes it seemed like I had to go out of my way to get it, it was nice knowing that when I died or simply downed people would spring into action to help rather than just pass on by.

Posted by: ChaK.3254

ChaK.3254

Now I have 2 laurels.

How did you get 2 laurels?

Different timezone I guess.

Anyway got healer and dodger too. no problem whatsoever. Did the dodge thingy on karkas and heal in fractal.