Daily Login Chest Reward [GW2 and HoT]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Hi everybody.

I was thinking about earnings due by daily login chest and multy account.

At the moment having more account is way more worth than buying gems.

Every account will grant you:

-20 mystic coins
-55 Laurels ( or 165 T6 mats if you prefer )
-1 Random Exotic Item ( maybe a good sigil/rune )
-Sometimes a black lion key.

You can earn something equal to 800 gems in less than 3 months, just by login in.

I was thinking about, is ANET fine with this or it’s gonna change with the expansion ( something like “daily login reward only with an HoT uppgraded account” )?

Or, if nothing is gonna change, what do you think about using more than 1 account per person ( not something like “i agree” “i dislike it”, but about T6/Mystic Coins drop price for an issue )?

i was thinking about, just this.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People have been doing this since last December and I’m pretty sure a large percentage of the $10 purchases during those weekends was to existing players.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Yeah i know it was from the previous year.

Just thinking about a crackdown with HoT ( or if nothing is gonna change, although late, think i ll try to do the same ).

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Either Wooden Potatoes or Bog Otter wrote about cheap accounts as a money source using just the login rewards.

Nothing is going to change.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

If you ask me they might remove the daily achievements as it has become to much of a daily task many people feel they must do, something that what not the idea of the daily when GW2 was released.

They where just supposed to make sure people would always be rewarded directly when start playing. Then I would rather see a default increased drop-rate (some thing like magic-find but reward wise more like the dailies) that apply to the first x loot you get. That would then make more sense imho.

But the daily login chest should imho really go. It has really been a thorn in my side. A chest for logging in..? It’s just.. so.. well wrong in so many ways. Symbolic wise at lease.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

If you ask me they might remove the daily achievements as it has become to much of a daily task many people feel they must do, something that what not the idea of the daily when GW2 was released.

They where just supposed to make sure people would always be rewarded directly when start playing. Then I would rather see a default increased drop-rate (some thing like magic-find but reward wise more like the dailies) that apply to the first x loot you get. That would then make more sense imho.

I think removing Dailies would be a mistake, there are players in this game who are so causal that at times they really don’t have any idea what to do, dailies at least give them a place to start.