Daily/Monthly Should be Random for Everyone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Heya.

I belive that if thoose Achivs was randon for every player, what means not only the daily/month change for everyone but yes every player got a diferent achiv quests to do

It would be better. It’s more variety, now with like it’s the same for everyone, there is an Tsunami of people doing the samething as everyone else.

Don’t you agree?

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: redhare.9210

redhare.9210

The only problem about more randomness would be the fact that people would still complain. Dailies are fine as is and so is monthly. Since the launch of the game I have yet to complete a monthly due to the fact i did not like something. So instead of complaining i just did not do it, plain and simple.

Max Lexandre.6279

The only problem about more randomness would be the fact that people would still complain. Dailies are fine as is and so is monthly. Since the launch of the game I have yet to complete a monthly due to the fact i did not like something. So instead of complaining i just did not do it, plain and simple.

Well there will be some “grind” in this Monthly at least for me, what is going to do dungeons, thing I hate. And when we want that gear and I don’t see any better alternative, well If I must… ^^

Asura thing.

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I can see the threads already…

I have to do WvW for my monthly, but my guildie only has to salvage some stuff. I don’t want to do WvW! It’s not FAIR!

Max Lexandre.6279

I can see the threads already…

I have to do WvW for my monthly, but my guildie only has to salvage some stuff. I don’t want to do WvW! It’s not FAIR!

I do WvW all by myself and manage fine, I even do the dailies there alone. One way or another random would help to people spread about the game, and not focus all doing the samething because the Daily/Month quests.

Asura thing.

Posted by: redhare.9210

redhare.9210

Then I just comes down to the fact you only want to go to one place. Everyday I chose a new zone to work on my daily

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

Sorry, but I disagree.

In my opinion one of the nicer aspects of the changing dailies is that it enhances the sense of community because people have a common goal. For example, on the first day there were a bunch of us in Wayfarers killing barracudas for the underwater kill achievement, and lots of talk in map chat about how to get the combo kills to work – it was fun.

This will get better when they introduce the 4/6 system and start having achievements which take players to particular areas. We’ll see much more activity in those areas for a short while which will help to alleviate the feeling of empty levelling zones.

I enjoy that sense of momentary camaraderie and shared purpose. I agree the crowds can sometimes slow things down, but that’s not such a bad thing in my opinion.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

Max Lexandre.6279

Sorry, but I disagree.

In my opinion one of the nicer aspects of the changing dailies is that it enhances the sense of community because people have a common goal. For example, on the first day there were a bunch of us in Wayfarers killing barracudas for the underwater kill achievement, and lots of talk in map chat about how to get the combo kills to work – it was fun.

This will get better when they introduce the 4/6 system and start having achievements which take players to particular areas. We’ll see much more activity in those areas for a short while which will help to alleviate the feeling of empty levelling zones.

I enjoy that sense of momentary camaraderie and shared purpose. I agree the crowds can sometimes slow things down, but that’s not such a bad thing in my opinion.

That happens in monthly, dailies can be done in pretty everywhere.

Now the Monthly, it says “go do fractals”, everybody goes. But why not spread more the players arround the content and say for some “go do fractals” and for others “go do dungeons”, things like that.

Asura thing.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

No, I don’t believe it should be random for each player. I would prefer them to include options in both daily and monthly achievements to allow players to select achieves that fit their playstyle. This would make the process less frustrating for players and bring the achievements into alignment with Anet’s play it your way credo. It most certainly is out of alignment (monthlies) right now.

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I don’t believe it should be random. It would mean less teaming up. Because player A needs veterans and player B needs variety of kills to achieve their daily. They may be forced to play in different areas which defeats the purpose of playing with your friends.

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Totally agree with this, no matter what, Anet will manage to kitten off someone who will then come here and post about how they dislike it in someway.

If the Dailies and Monthlies were random, someone would ask that they all be the same because they can’t grp together with there guildmate to complete them.

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I don’t think it should be different for each player, because some dailies are significantly more difficult than others. It wouldn’t be very equitable if players got the same number of laurels for doing a vastly different amount of work. If they’re the same for all of us, it can’t be unfair to anybody because we all have the same goalposts.