Daily Orr?

Daily Orr?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Kinda feel uneasy about this. Previously dailys were pretty much inclusive of low levels, but this feels a dramatic shift. It doesn’t affect me,as I can get there easily enough, but for beginners just starting out, plus the reduced amount of sources of daily achievements, it got me scratching my head in which direction this is headed.

Daily Orr?

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

There needs to be five daily achievements low level people can easily get.

Today was: Gatherer, Recycler, condition applier, daily events and leveler.

The idea of using achievements to get people around the game is a good one. The only people who might complain about this are people who want to do more than the five dailies.

And of course, players can still do PvP or WvW dailies as well, if they want the extra achievement points.

Daily Orr?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I don’t know what you mean. I have never had to go to orr for a daily, and do not see anything in today’s that makes me need to go there.

Daily Orr?

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I almost fell out of the chair when I saw Orr kills in the list this morning …

After all the nerfs to Orr over the past 12+ months, now Anet wants players to back there to do a daily??

This boggles the mind ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Daily Orr?

Posted by: Gaia Orunitia.5794

Gaia Orunitia.5794

That was fun, I only did one event there, and I think I’ve completed that daily 8 times =D

And I think low level character can still do five daily achievements really easily so it’s ok imo

(edited by Gaia Orunitia.5794)

Daily Orr?

Nage.1520

I almost fell out of the chair when I saw Orr kills in the list this morning …

After all the nerfs to Orr over the past 12+ months, now Anet wants players to back there to do a daily??

This boggles the mind ..

Not sure what boggles about this. Seems Anet likes to encourage (force?) people into areas of play they don’t usually do. They’re encouraging people to go to PvP, or WvW, for example. They’re manipulating PvPers and WvWers to PvE.

I think the theory is that some people might find something they enjoy that they wouldn’t normally enjoy.

It definitely didn’t boggle me.

Daily Orr?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The difference between needs and wants seems to be fuzzy here. There are 5 that can without problem be done in level 1-15 areas, that is a daily reward. You want to get more then 5 go to orr.

Daily Orr?

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

The idea of using achievements to get people around the game is a good one. The only people who might complain about this are people who want to do more than the five dailies.

In case you missed the feedback topic, there’s quite a lot of people who are opposed to the removing of daily categories, most of whom are not concerned about AP itself but rather the removing of quality of life and the option to choose from plenty of different daily options, be it PvE, PvP or WvW.

Let us assume for a moment that the theory is correct and ANet wants to “encourage” players to try out different game types. The whole approach has a big flaw in it from the get-go: this “encouraging” (or forcing) is done by removing other options, as in via negative encouragement.

For me personally, that kind of approach always sparks up a negative counter-reaction of cramming something down my throat by force (case in point= Scarlet and other Living World NPC’s) rather than allowing me to discover it naturally or by positive encouragement : maybe by adding enticing rewards, perhaps weapons skins that even a PvE player would like. Do you see my point here? Which is better, take away something and force people or offer lucrative options without taking away previous ones?

(edited by Traveller.7496)

Daily Orr?

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

There needs to be five daily achievements low level people can easily get.

Today was: Gatherer, Recycler, condition applier, daily events and leveler.

They could be achieved easily by low level char in queensdale. Maybe with a little help from the still existing qeensdale-train.

Greetings.

Daily Orr?

Nage.1520

In case you missed the feedback topic, there’s quite a lot of people who are opposed to the removing of daily categories, most of whom are not concerned about AP itself but rather the removing of quality of life and the option to choose from plenty of different daily options, be it PvE, PvP or WvW.

Let us assume for a moment that the theory is correct and ANet wants to “encourage” players to try out different game types. The whole approach has a big flaw in it from the get-go: this “encouraging” (or forcing) is done by removing other options, as in via negative encouragement.

For me personally, that kind of approach always sparks up a negative counter-reaction of cramming something down my throat by force (case in point= Scarlet and other Living World NPC’s) rather than allowing me to discover it naturally or by positive encouragement : maybe by adding enticing rewards, perhaps weapons skins that even a PvE player would like. Do you see my point hons without taking away previous ones?

I didn’t miss the feedback topic. I’m just saying that Anet’s view of what they’re trying to do doesn’t necessarily have to be compatible with what every single fan wants. In fact, it’s probably not possible for that to happen.

The five PvE achievements you could get today to do your daily are not only achievements you can get anywhere, but they’re easy to get. Hell, three of them took less the five minutes. You don’t need variety if you can get the daily without even trying.

Daily Orr?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

one achievement high level pve. Among further, 5 very easily achievable pve achievements for low level characters. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you a “dramatic shift”!

Daily Orr?

Posted by: Gaia Orunitia.5794

Gaia Orunitia.5794

As I already said on the franch forum :

You’re a PvE player :
daily events : just play normaly
leveler : just play normaly
condition applier : just use your skills
recycler : killing mob/getting rewards and you’ll have a lot of stuff to recycle => just play normaly
Gatherer : well, you will probably find lot of nodes while playing

5 on 5, just playing as you want (20 minutes with Queensdale-train if you’re in a hurry)

You play WvWvW ?

Same as above + daily kill and… I forgot what is the other one today xD

PvP player ?
3 games : just play normaly
3 captures (or 5 kills) : just play normaly
condition applier : just use your skills
recycler : you can get recyclable stuff now, but I admit that’s not as easy as it is in PvE
last one : PvE or WvWvW

Yep, for PvP player my opinion is that we should bring back the old system : kill + capture + best stat + 3 games, because for example today PvP players can’t do their daily only in PvP (but yesterday they could)

But the subject here is PvE, and if you just play the game you can have your daily really easily

(edited by Gaia Orunitia.5794)

Daily Orr?

Traveller.7496

Yes, I too am aware that it’s not hard to get those 5 categories even now. But the point remains: why remove variety and options? The last time they changed the dailies they made a big deal how they wanted to give more options so people wouldn’t have to go out of their way to do a few specific dailies and it wouldn’t feel like a grind. Well now they removed those options again and went back to doing very specific set of dailies. This is what I don’t understand.

Daily Orr?

Algreg.3629

Yes, I too am aware that it’s not hard to get those 5 categories even now. But the point remains: why remove variety and options? The last time they changed the dailies they made a big deal how they wanted to give more options so people wouldn’t have to go out of their way to do a few specific dailies and it wouldn’t feel like a grind. Well now they removed those options again and went back to doing very specific set of dailies. This is what I don’t understand.

I think they reduced the overall AP per day to take off stress for the players. Many see AP farming as a necessary daily chore which will burn them out fast. I think I read some interview with WoW devs they regretted a comparable mechanic that cost them a lot of players apparently.

Daily Orr?

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

If you hit the “More” button on the achievements thingy in the corner you will see that there are always other easy PVE achievements to do to hit the 5 needed each day for a Laurel. At first it looks like somedays you need to do PVP or a fractal run or something else noob unfriendly. But look under More and you will see there are always 5 easy PVE categories for getting the daily Laurel.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

Daily Orr?

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

ArenaNet has to find some incentive for us to visit Orr other than for map completion, now that the megaserver has nerfed everything to hell there. ;D

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Daily Orr?

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

one achievement high level pve. Among further, 5 very easily achievable pve achievements for low level characters. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you a “dramatic shift”!

First time ever for a daily in Orr, so petty much qualifies—and please lose the attitude, only diminishes any argument presented.

Daily Orr?

Traveller.7496

I think they reduced the overall AP per day to take off stress for the players. Many see AP farming as a necessary daily chore which will burn them out fast. I think I read some interview with WoW devs they regretted a comparable mechanic that cost them a lot of players apparently.

Again, solution to this is to stop giving AP for dailies after you’ve reached five. Lots of categories to choose from, no AP for our obsessive-compulsive friends, everyone is happy.

Daily Orr?

Algreg.3629

First time ever for a daily in Orr, so petty much qualifies—and please lose the attitude, only diminishes any argument presented.

not going to drop my attitude concerning the incessant whining about each and everything around here.

have people been able to complete their daily doing only PvE? yes, easily.
have low level players been able to complete their daily doing only PvE? yes, easily.

(edited by Algreg.3629)

Daily Orr?

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Yes, I too am aware that it’s not hard to get those 5 categories even now. But the point remains: why remove variety and options?

The reducing of daily PvE categories is one issue, the introduction of an Orr kill daily is quite different.

For the past 12-16 months Anet has systematically got players to leave Orr through constant loot nerfs, event timing nerfs, etc. Orr was left to the risen, only node harvesters bothered to go there. or some die-hard champ farmers.

Now Anet locks trait options behind Orr temple clearing events, which are now constantly defended resulting in map chat rage, and introduces an Orr kill daily. The more this game changes, then more I am convinced it is run by people with no vision for the game they developed.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Daily Orr?

Nage.1520

Yes, I too am aware that it’s not hard to get those 5 categories even now. But the point remains: why remove variety and options?

The reducing of daily PvE categories is one issue, the introduction of an Orr kill daily is quite different.

For the past 12-16 months Anet has systematically got players to leave Orr through constant loot nerfs, event timing nerfs, etc. Orr was left to the risen, only node harvesters bothered to go there. or some die-hard champ farmers.

Now Anet locks trait options behind Orr temple clearing events, which are now constantly defended resulting in map chat rage, and introduces an Orr kill daily. The more this game changes, then more I am convinced it is run by people with no vision for the game they developed.

I see where you’re coming from, but I don’t really think the problem here is no vision. I think the problem here is that not every change made can completely predict the future results of that change. It’s probably too big a design team, with different ideas of what would be best, sometimes working at cross purposes.

I think the current “brand” of daily is not supposed to be something you go out of your way for. I mean condition applier? Gatherer? Events? you can do those anywhere.

And since so many people are now floating around Orr trying to unlock their achievements, they thought they’d provide one for those people. That’s probably all it is.

It looks, however, like a concerted effort.