Daily Reset Time

Daily Reset Time

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ScrubieSouce.3724

ScrubieSouce.3724

The time picked for the reset is awkward and very problematic. If you are on a US server why is this not resetting in the middle of the night or early morning? 4pm seem like it would be right in the middle of a lot of people prime time playing hours.

I for one am tired of almost having the daily finished to have it reset. If I play a couple hours a day this chosen time is right in the middle of that. I can focus on finishing the daily but its not very fun and lose out on playing the game.

Is anyone else unhappy with when its been picked to reset?

On the topic of the daily the dodging daily seems like there is many times I should get credit for it and do not.

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: Ceite.8549

Ceite.8549

I actually came here to post the same exact thing. For me, the reset is 7pm EST. It completely saps my will to play, when like today, I have 1 event left… and boom. Absurd reset time makes the previous play completely pointless. Just a huge waste of time, with no reward.

It’s not even like playing the game was fun during that time, either. It is just loss on all fronts.

The reset time really needs to be adjusted as to not happen during prime time play on US servers. It really was a pretty big oversight to even have it reset in this time frame. I didn’t care as much before, when all I was getting really were jugs. But, now that laurels are in play… it is setting my progress back every time I lose out on a daily.

Not fun at all.

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: Pustulio.8207

Pustulio.8207

It’s 4pm for me, and i agree…it’s kinda odd lol

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

The 4 pm time works fine for me. I could see the 7pm time for the east coast folks being a pain in the butt though. I’m cool if it gets moved to a late night/early morning reset though.

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

7 pm EST for me. It has not been an issue. Hubby and I get started on the new daily once it turns over and usually have it done within 2 hours. If for some reason I am not able to, I finish it up the next day well before the next reset time. We aren’t doing anything special other than completing areas and leveling up and we manage just fine.

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

It’s 7:00pm reset time for me and I think it’s great. For my playstyle, it’s perfect. No complaints here.

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I thought the 4 PM reset for everyone was deliberate to flood the lowbie zones (at the same time) with level 80s intent on getting easy vet kills and events.

I am both annoyed and ok with it.

Annoyed because ANet set up competition in PvE which negates community building.

And ok because between 4 – 7 PM (PST) the zones are flooded with nonstop events.

Having said that however:

I would also prefer either an early morning reset (say between 3-5 AM) or
a one time option to allow us to reset our own dailies.

I prefer playing in the mornings because the zones feel a lot more pleasant then.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

Why does it matter when the reset is? It’s still going to be 24 hours from the last reset. Having the reset at midnight does not give you more time to complete your daily than if the reset was at 7:00pm.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

There’s going to be a reset sometime, and it will probably mess with some group of players.

That said, could I get a warning / timer when there’s less than an hour remaining? I would have stepped up the pace if I had realized I was about to lose all my progress.

The only other thought I’ve had is the option to carry over your 80% progress from day 1 to day 2, and just be barred from getting a new set of dailies on day 2. But that might be abusable…?

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: Passiflora.2047

Passiflora.2047

I was rather miffed by the daily reset time too. I often like to play for awhile in the afternoon after class, so my daily progress gets wiped partway through when I do that which is really irritating and discouraging. Sometimes I play at night too, and am able to finish my daily then or the next afternoon, but not always.

I do understand that it is different depending on your time zone, but if they insist on having a reset with progress wiped every 24 hours, I wish they’d find a way to vary the reset time by time zone. ;_;

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: bewhatever.2390

bewhatever.2390

The existence of the reset timer (and the fact it wipes an incomplete completion) (and the change so many of the dailies do not occur in the ordinary course of play) (and the change of the daily reward to include a token for higher than orange con gear, which tier is otherwise available only in fractals which I choose not to play) has changed the “feel” of the dailies from what seemed like a random reward, to a grind system (to a daily demand which detracts from spontaneous game play) which has significantly changed the limited play time I have.

Perhaps this says I have been Pavlov-conditioned in earlier MMO’s, and this new system is simply invoking not just behavior but feelings/perceptions from that era.

The deadline is another demand, forcing me to make choices about what I do when in game, which in turn breaks immersion, and for that matter destroys spontaneity.

What I’d really like is a step back to when it seemed like a random reinforcement, that is, a reward out of nowhere while I continued to play spontaneously and ignored both the quest and its rewards.

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: Ceite.8549

Ceite.8549

I would also prefer either an early morning reset (say between 3-5 AM) or
a one time option to allow us to reset our own dailies.

This would be preferable. Being able to reset your own daily, once every 24 hours as opposed to it being automatic.. or having a pop up asking if you wish to reset now or hold off for a brief time.

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Since the reset time is so awkward, I have to be careful not to begin work on each daily until it turns over at 6 or 7 pm. and then I work on them. Makes playing kind of a late proposition, but I do my best all things considered.

Daily Reset Time

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

The existence of the reset timer (and the fact it wipes an incomplete completion) (and the change so many of the dailies do not occur in the ordinary course of play) (and the change of the daily reward to include a token for higher than orange con gear, which tier is otherwise available only in fractals which I choose not to play) has changed the “feel” of the dailies from what seemed like a random reward, to a grind system (to a daily demand which detracts from spontaneous game play) which has significantly changed the limited play time I have.

Perhaps this says I have been Pavlov-conditioned in earlier MMO’s, and this new system is simply invoking not just behavior but feelings/perceptions from that era.

The deadline is another demand, forcing me to make choices about what I do when in game, which in turn breaks immersion, and for that matter destroys spontaneity.

What I’d really like is a step back to when it seemed like a random reinforcement, that is, a reward out of nowhere while I continued to play spontaneously and ignored both the quest and its rewards.

I agree. With the addition of a “hard and fast” deadline, what was enjoyable “find your own fun” has become a demand.

And even if you discount the “demand” as being totally subjective, what is not subjective is that at the same time everyday, the lowbie zones get flooded with level 80s killing off vets easily, reviving mobs (often used for heart completion – see Gendarran), and easily polishing off events solo, or doing so much AoE damage unthinkingly that it is often hard to get enough damage in to make it past bronze on an event.

Not a good impression for folks new to the game.

Staggering reset times and spreading that out would continue to put high level players into low level zones without them overriding everything.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014