Daily Vet Kills - No Vet Counts?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

What vets count?
I’ve attempted WvW vets (Control points, vets running around, Ogres in EB) – Vets during DE’s like opening CoF… nothing is counting ><

Anyone able to help me out? It’s the only thing I need, but I don’t know what counts towards the daily

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Vets? You don’t need vets for anything.

Raebfle.5914

For the daily.
Well, my daily.

Attachments:

Chessrook.8643

Daily VETERAN slayer?!

……that’s new. I had “Kill 13 different types of creatures”. Where did that come from?

Raebfle.5914

Mmm.
And apparently WvW ones and DE ones don’t count, so i’m wondering, what in the hell does >.<

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Ewww crafting… Seriously?

What a poor attempt at flushing materials from the playerbase for a lousy laurel.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Chessrook.8643

What a poor attempt at flushing materials from the playerbase for a lousy laurel.

Mine 20 mithril. Refine ten ingots. Sell for profit. Done. Can we shut up about this now?

Raebfle.5914

Mine 20 mithril. Refine ten ingots. Sell for profit. Done. Can we shut up about this now?

I actually make jewelery for gold lol

Chessrook.8643

I actually make jewelery for gold lol

Mine 20 Platinum. Refine 10 ingots. Use for jewelry. Sell for profit. Done. Can we shut up about this now?

Raebfle.5914

Just killed a southsun cove Vet Karka solo and apparently they don’t count either, wtf A-net?

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I would aasume those complaining about crafting arn’t anywhere near the level to make mithril ingots. That being said jute and copper are not only everywhere in the starter area(s) but can be purchased cheap off the TP, refined and then sold back in very quick order. Even the most adamant non-crafter could do this quicker than say killing 1 champion.

As for those of us that dislike WvW we seem to have been stuck with it as a monthly forever now – join the club.

Chessrook.8643

As for those of us that dislike WvW we seem to have been stuck with it as a monthly forever now – join the club.

We haven’t seen next month’s monthly yet.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

We haven’t seen next month’s monthly yet.

I await the new monthly with baited breath /s *

• (not expecting anything different TBH)

Raebfle.5914

Anyone else got the vets for the daily and have been able to complete it that could tell me what ones/where?

Posted by: FacesOfMu.3561

FacesOfMu.3561

Just found 4-5 vet grubs just south of Lostwreck waypoint in bloodtide Coast (in the caves). They respawn nicely, too.
I don’t have the vets daily, tho.

People vary.

Raebfle.5914

Just attempted.
Still no credit towards daily.

Meh. I give up. GG A-Net.

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

I would aasume those complaining about crafting arn’t anywhere near the level to make mithril ingots. That being said jute and copper are not only everywhere in the starter area(s) but can be purchased cheap off the TP, refined and then sold back in very quick order. Even the most adamant non-crafter could do this quicker than say killing 1 champion.

I have been master crafter for ages, anyways I didn’t buy this game to play flip wars 2, I played when making 25-30 gold a day was possible by playing the game and now it has been reduced to buying low level mats / reselling a few pennies higher or by speed-running dungeons. OH JOY!!

Not only that, the crap loot I get from 1 DE in Orr screws me out of the next event.

Thanks for letting me play ArenaNet!! I am glad I have you here telling me when it’s time to get off, or play else where. That is fine, I will spend the time I can’t play here complaining.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

For the daily.
Well, my daily.

Some players have different daily requirements displayed, this is a known bug. Try doing the current daily achievements:

Kill Variety
Healer
Dodger
Gatherer
Events

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

lol so they beta tested the new dailys well then, not!

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

It’s displaying the daileys based on your system time, but the server actually hands out credit for completing them. So you need to your system time to the correct time. (It’s probably set for the wrong date.)

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

It’s displaying the daileys based on your system time, but the server actually hands out credit for completing them. So you need to your system time to the correct time. (It’s probably set for the wrong date.)

So we can preview tomorrow’s dailies by changing our system time? O.O

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

Same here. Have vet slayer and none of veterans counts for veteran slayer.

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

So we can preview tomorrow’s dailies by changing our system time? O.O

That seems to be what he’s saying.

Posted by: QuartzMoped.2370

QuartzMoped.2370

So.. what kind of operation do you all got going on? Computer time and date effect dailies? Really? Seriously? LOL!

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

So.. what kind of operation do you all got going on? Computer time and date effect dailies? Really? Seriously? LOL!

The dailies change each day and are on a set cycle. My guess is that they’ve loaded the entire SET for the WEEK into the client already, so they don’t have to manually update the achievements each day. Messing with your system clock (which is what your client uses to display the time) probably confuses the client into displaying the WRONG dailies. You can’t progress those dailies because the server has its own clock and know to give achievements based on that clock.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

FLFW.3105

The dailies change each day and are on a set cycle. My guess is that they’ve loaded the entire SET for the WEEK into the client already, so they don’t have to manually update the achievements each day. Messing with your system clock (which is what your client uses to display the time) probably confuses the client into displaying the WRONG dailies. You can’t progress those dailies because the server has its own clock and know to give achievements based on that clock.

So basically they failed.. again

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Dude if this is todays Daily then it will be super easy to get in cursed shore. Dodges are cake to get there, vets are everywhere, you cant turn around without seeing an event. Heck yeh, a reason to return to cursed shore.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Not really…more like the players who haven’t managed to set the right date on their PCs failed.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

FLFW.3105

Not really…more like the players who haven’t managed to set the right date on their PCs failed.

Date in my pc is right Thou i have wrong dailies displayed. How is that my fail?

Posted by: The Zed.7129

The Zed.7129

So has anyone tried setting their system clock to February? Are we able to preview next months Monthlies as well?

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

So has anyone tried setting their system clock to February? Are we able to preview next months Monthlies as well?

Haha, oh wow. It actually works.

For February it is:
Monthly Dungeon Participation (3 tiers)
Monthly Event Participation (4 tiers)
Monthly Salvage Kit usages (4 tiers)
Monthly Completionist ‘’You completed your daily category multiple times in a month’’…?

And another fun fact, the monthlies for December 2013 include Tixx’s workshop. So I guess we can expect his return?
Edit: unless we have the same Christmas event until 2069 (didn’t bother checking further), I’ll just assume it’s set to a standard rotation

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

(edited by nowitsawn.1276)

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

For February it is:
Monthly Completionist ‘’You completed your daily category multiple times in a month’’…?

And another fun fact, the monthlies for December 2013 include Tixx’s workshop. So I guess we can expect his return?
Edit: unless we have the same Christmas event until 2069 (didn’t bother checking further), I’ll just assume it’s set to a standard rotation

This is full of awesome.

The Zed.7129

For February it is:

Wow, very cool. Now we need someone good at editing the wiki to go through and collect the full rotation of Dailies and the next several months of Monthlies and update the wiki pages.

We may have different achievements for December 2013. Anet may not know what they are going to be yet so still have the December 2012 achievements listed in the dat.

Posted by: AndrewMcLeod

Previous

AndrewMcLeod

Game Designer

Next

For February it is:

Do note that we generally make and update upcoming monthly achievements for upcoming months when we do updates. The achievements are currently set up for other months, but any of the monthly achievements beyond February are likely to change before we get to those months.

Posted by: Hyperion.8436

Hyperion.8436

I think what he meant by what he said is that it’s bad software engineering practice, especially in an online game, to base anything off of the client clock (which you can’t trust). It’s like the old trial based apps back in the day using the client’s datetime for calculating expiration, you could just roll your clock back to avoid paying. Luckily they (Anet) at least calculate objective completion server-side.

Posted by: Beef Supreme.9803

Beef Supreme.9803

I would highly, highly suggest you revamp this new system ASAP.
Any 1st tier 8$ hr tech monkey can tell you allowing the system time
to in anyway interfere or muck-up a server time function is insta-fail.

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

Do note that we generally make and update upcoming monthly achievements for upcoming months when we do updates. The achievements are currently set up for other months, but any of the monthly achievements beyond February are likely to change before we get to those months.

And here I was already making up my schedule for my monthlies in 2040

All kidding aside, though, I guess this poses problems for the people who live in a timezone much later than that of the server? Meaning it’s past midnight for them, yet the daily achievements have not yet reset.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

The Zed.7129

I figured as much. But looking farther ahead in the Monthlies may show any “standard” achievements not yet listed on the wiki. Same for the Dailies. Now that we know we can do this, lets get that wiki updated with a full list.

Posted by: Malacoda.5624

Malacoda.5624

My system time is correct yet it is still showing up as Daily Veteran Slayer and Daily Crafter. If I can’t get it fixed I will loose out on laurels not only today but until it is fixed.

Edit: I had to get somebody to tell me what the dailies were and after doing them the game crashed and then I got the chest.

(edited by Malacoda.5624)

Posted by: Melana.8345

Melana.8345

Try checking your system timezone…it might be showing what looks to be the right date/time, but with the wrong timezone setting it’d be completely off when compared to any fully specified datetime.

e.g. I’m in Melbourne Australia, my current timezone is GMT+11. If you had your clock set to a US date/time with an Australian timezone, it’d look correct because the display doesn’t show timezone normally…but the full time would actually be something like 16-19 hours out (ahead of when it actually was – you’d see tomorrows stuff today).

Despaired Ranger: Crafted The Dreamer, lost range, lost GS condi damage for synergy.
Pet AI awful. Sword root+Aussie latency unmanagable. Lost playstyle, lost legendary, given up.
Mell: 80 Asura Guardian (+7 other 80s) | Aus Serenity [AUS] | Jade Quarry

Posted by: Carbon.2048

Carbon.2048

And here I was already making up my schedule for my monthlies in 2040

All kidding aside, though, I guess this poses problems for the people who live in a timezone much later than that of the server? Meaning it’s past midnight for them, yet the daily achievements have not yet reset.

If this is the case…half the planet is going to be trying to complete expired achievements lol

Posted by: UrieltheFlameofGod.8643

UrieltheFlameofGod.8643

Dungeon completionist for February, when the dungeon fixes haven’t been released yet?

Looks like I’m not getting my monthly in February…

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Yeah except that didn’t do crap all for me. I’m still sitting at 0% after crafting a pile of things.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

How did this topic turn into monthly and whatnot. Even the official response did not help on the topic. If anyone has the daily veteran and has found out which ones work – please do help. I just checked mine and I have it as well, so if I manage to find any veterans I’ll post, if not guess we will be missing one daily lol

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Dungeons still in monthlies? Not happy

Posted by: Exterminans.9723

Exterminans.9723

Go for the flame and ice prelude quest, there are 3 veteran dolyaks aside the path which are 1 level under par which you can kill solo, all 3 at once. And all of the count. Respawn rate is pretty high, too. Oh, and they are yellow until attacked.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Try checking your system timezone…it might be showing what looks to be the right date/time, but with the wrong timezone setting it’d be completely off when compared to any fully specified datetime.

e.g. I’m in Melbourne Australia, my current timezone is GMT+11. If you had your clock set to a US date/time with an Australian timezone, it’d look correct because the display doesn’t show timezone normally…but the full time would actually be something like 16-19 hours out (ahead of when it actually was – you’d see tomorrows stuff today).

Wait hold on. I have my local time set on the game screen. You sugesting I have it changed to be inline with the servers? If that is ttrue then I CALL BOLLOCKS!!!

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Sentry.6187

Sentry.6187

Sure would be nice having a monthly without dungeons or fractals for once :|

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i did daily vets entirely in wvw. easiest part ever.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Alowishus.2319

Alowishus.2319

No problems with vet kills. I did the vet cave spider on the west side of blazeridge, the vet hylek and the vet warthog on the west side of Sparkfly, and the vet icebrood wolf and the vet wolf on the other side of the hill where claw 1st lands in frostgorge.