Daily Vet Kills - No Vet Counts?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hildegain.2106

hildegain.2106

Anyone else got the vets for the daily and have been able to complete it that could tell me what ones/where?

Just roamed Straits of Devastation and killed the Risen Priest veterans.

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

Assisted killing 4 vets in Orr just now – NO CREDIT either exp OR for daily

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

Icecat.4528

ok – there are so real strange things happening – helped kill more vets, still not seeing any exp show but was able to actually loot one corpse – then all of a sudden my kill total goes from 0-2 for daily.

Is there some serious lag issue here between killing vets and getting credit?

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

i was getting credit on some vets, but not on others.

Icecat.4528

i’ve helped groups kill about a dozen now – credit for 3.

This is bogus.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

the doge working fine for me in fakt i did it in 1 min all of it

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Helped kill 3 vets, killed one on my own and no credit yet. Dodge working just fine so far though.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Revives & kills, both need experience to be gained in order to count against the daily.

Dodge/Evade needs to actually come up with the white text “Evaded” after executing.

This is all I’ve figured out so far. But to have the dailies change based on a pro/retro-active clock setting (dates as well) is just too old-school for school. That is just plain lazy even for the lowest of the low-tech. Seriously Anet??

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

i did daily vets entirely in wvw. easiest part ever.

Couldn’t possibly have been as easy as how I did it.
The “veteran” I fought was 6 levels below me and respawns in about 30 seconds.

Icecat.4528

i gave up in orr, went to a lowbie zone, and solo’d the needed vets. Even doing 10s of thousands of dmg in Orr in a group – the kill is too fractured by too many players to get credit.

This was NOT an issue pre-patch as I was able to get exp and occassional loot from the vets even with fracturing. Now – seems doing this in a group is NOT your friend.

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Previous

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

Please make sure that your system clock is set to the correct time, according to where you live. This may allow you to see the right daily achievements (which are for today: Daily Veteran Slayer, Daily Dodger, Daily Crafter, Daily Gatherer, Daily Events). We’ll continue to investigate this bug and are working on a fix for this, but we have no ETA on when we’ll be able to deploy it.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

On top of what Stephane has said, it may seem obvious to some, but check your year also. I checked it the first time and was like “yea January 29th right day it’s a Tuesday right time” without realizing it was set to the year 2059

(which also caused me to not be able to view websites because my certificate would be expired in 2059, and started when I crashed out of GW2. So who knows?)

Posted by: Melana.8345

Melana.8345

Try checking your system timezone…it might be showing what looks to be the right date/time, but with the wrong timezone setting it’d be completely off when compared to any fully specified datetime.

e.g. I’m in Melbourne Australia, my current timezone is GMT+11. If you had your clock set to a US date/time with an Australian timezone, it’d look correct because the display doesn’t show timezone normally…but the full time would actually be something like 16-19 hours out (ahead of when it actually was – you’d see tomorrows stuff today).

Wait hold on. I have my local time set on the game screen. You sugesting I have it changed to be inline with the servers? If that is ttrue then I CALL BOLLOCKS!!!

Not at all – by “system” time I meant the time you have set IN WINDOWS (or MAC) as your computer system’s time. Part of your computer’s time is a setting for YOUR timezone. I was suggesting you should check that. Your computer may be displaying what looks to be the “right” local time on your computer, but it may actually have been set to the wrong local timezone on your computer. (Note: all of this is completely outside the game).

I gave an example to show that – if your computer had the wrong timezone set as your local timezone – the computer could appear to have the right date/time and yet still be several hours fast/slow of the actual time.

I’ll try to explain better.

• 11:00 in Melbourne, 29th Jan (UTC+11) = 00:00 UTC time 29th Jan.
  • 16:00 in Seattle, 28th Jan (UTC-8) = 00:00 UTC time 29th Jan.

Those date/times are exactly the same instant in time…and yet the clock time and date are quite different in local time for Melbourne and Seattle. The timezone is used to relate them together – and if you have the wrong timezone set, it’ll result in the time being shown on the computer representing completely the wrong instant in time (being potentially many hours fast or slow depending on what timezone was set). All time-comparisons using the incorrect timezone will then give incorrect results, because they’re calculated based on an incorrect time.

From what the ArenaNet dev had said, which dailies to display is calculated client-side as a test like “has the local computer time passed the equivalent of 00:00 UTC on date 29th Jan – if yes, display 29th Jan’s dailies, if not display 28th Jan’s dailies”. Thus if your computer’s timezone was set incorrectly, that test would start displaying the next day’s daily quests too soon (or too late) by mistake. The error here would be due to the time in Windows (not the time shown in the game ui!) – though arguably doing the calculation based on the user’s computer’s time is in itself an issue because it results in exactly this type of problem.

Despaired Ranger: Crafted The Dreamer, lost range, lost GS condi damage for synergy.
Pet AI awful. Sword root+Aussie latency unmanagable. Lost playstyle, lost legendary, given up.
Mell: 80 Asura Guardian (+7 other 80s) | Aus Serenity [AUS] | Jade Quarry

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

@Melana.8345 & Stephane Lo Presti

Thanks, this clarifies it well.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

Some vets counted for me, others didn’t. One that didn’t, that I solo’d, was the veteran arctodus in the cave below the ice imps in the middle section of Wayfarer Foothills.

On a slight tangent, I had 2 events not count toward my daily as well, but I had gotten only bronze and silver in them…those used to count.

Posted by: hollowcrown.4872

hollowcrown.4872

I parked myself on a Veteran spawn spot in Diessa Plateau and logged out for a bit, did something, then logged back in and killed it after it had respawned. Did this a few times.

It’s an annoying task to be given.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Please make sure that your system clock is set to the correct time, according to where you live. This may allow you to see the right daily achievements (which are for today: Daily Veteran Slayer, Daily Dodger, Daily Crafter, Daily Gatherer, Daily Events). We’ll continue to investigate this bug and are working on a fix for this, but we have no ETA on when we’ll be able to deploy it.

LOL, not sure if serious.

Our system time/date can effect in game events???

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

If you need Vets, go to WvW and help flip a couple camps, towers, etc. Veterans galore, you get it in minutes.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

My system clock is working fine. I’m only getting some credit for vet kills. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t (In orr doing events). I was thinking event vets don’t count, but at the end of the event I put a couple of hits on a vet and the event ended, making the veteran disappear, but I got credit for that one. Just not the one that I attacked100% of the time and killed.

The fact that some count and some don’t means it’s not the system clock.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

LOL, not sure if serious.

Our system time/date can effect in game events???

No. It can cause a bug which affects the dailies you SEE but it does not affect not the ones that you have to DO.

So if your system clock is wrong the game may be telling you the wrong tasks for the dailies, but that’s a display bug, you can’t complete those incorrect tasks.

Posted by: Morpurgo.6371

Morpurgo.6371

Head over to Caledor Forest – Caledon Heaven Waypoint. Walk to location as shown below, grab the boulder and throw at the hong. It opens the cave full of lowbie Hylek veterans.

Attachments:

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Sure would be nice having a monthly without dungeons or fractals for once :|

Yeah, no monthly for me this coming month then. Oh well. More time to catch up on my Analogs (sadly like 8 months behind).

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Sure would be nice having a monthly without dungeons or fractals for once :|

Yeah, no monthly for me this coming month then. Oh well. More time to catch up on my Analogs (sadly like 8 months behind).

Same. Every month since I started I’ve seen either something related to WvW and/or dungeons.

I’m not ready to do either of those enough times to get the bar filled so I just don’t bother with monthlies.

I’d really love it if even just one month out of the year, those of us who don’t like WvW or dungeons had a month where it was feasible for us to get it without doing something we hate or don’t feel like we’re good enough to do just yet.

As it is, I’m having a hard time just finding 2 more vets that I personally can kill for my daily today. The ones posted here with enough detail to find them are not ones I’m at the skill level to solo.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I focused on the vets in Orr’s farming areas, pent/shelt to be exact, and they seemed to add to the count fine. Historically, though not in every fight, I’ve tended to focus on pesky adds first, then the mob of significance. But, no more strategic play—Anet has taught me to go for the vet no matter what so I can add it to the count.

I also used to protect NPC’s in DE’s that I was assigned to protect. No more, I let them die so I can revive them if healer is one of the dailies. Just bad game design made manifest. Now the focus is on playing the daily rather than playing the game. The old dailies were perfect in this regard as they remained in the background while you played the game. The reward came from playing the game.

Seera.5916

I focused on the vets in Orr’s farming areas, pent/shelt to be exact, and they seemed to add to the count fine. Historically, though not in every fight, I’ve tended to focus on pesky adds first, then the mob of significance. But, no more strategic play—Anet has taught me to go for the vet no matter what so I can add it to the count.

I also used to protect NPC’s in DE’s that I was assigned to protect. No more, I let them die so I can revive them if healer is one of the dailies. Just bad game design made manifest. Now the focus is on playing the daily rather than playing the game. The old dailies were perfect in this regard as they remained in the background while you played the game. The reward came from playing the game.

Hopefully more of the dailies than not will come from just general play for most players, however, I don’t have a problem with the occasional day where you have to actually work for it.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I’d really love it if even just one month out of the year, those of us who don’t like WvW or dungeons had a month where it was feasible for us to get it without doing something we hate or don’t feel like we’re good enough to do just yet.

Yeah seriously. I hate events too, so they better not put that in there. And crafting sucks and isn’t profitable so that better not be in there. I like to face tank so they desperately need to take dodging out of there. If nubs can’t L2P then I shouldn’t be forced to revive them, so take that way. Don’t make me play PvE, don’t make me WvW, don’t make me go do dungeons or fractls, let me play how I want to. Stop forcing me to do dailies.

The next monthly should be how many times you spam chat in LA, how many times you change the color on your armor, or maybe how many times you whine on the forums.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

It’s displaying the daileys based on your system time, but the server actually hands out credit for completing them. So you need to your system time to the correct time. (It’s probably set for the wrong date.)

Terrible. Just… just wow.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I had the vets daily today also. I was in Frostgorge Sound. I don’t remember what all the vets I fought were, but I know three of them were grawl vets in the Magellan’s Memento cave. They all counted correctly toward the daily.

Seera.5916

Yeah seriously. I hate events too, so they better not put that in there. And crafting sucks and isn’t profitable so that better not be in there. I like to face tank so they desperately need to take dodging out of there. If nubs can’t L2P then I shouldn’t be forced to revive them, so take that way. Don’t make me play PvE, don’t make me WvW, don’t make me go do dungeons or fractls, let me play how I want to. Stop forcing me to do dailies.

The next monthly should be how many times you spam chat in LA, how many times you change the color on your armor, or maybe how many times you whine on the forums.

Jeez, it’s not liked I asked for them to never be in the rotation. And no one’s forcing you to do dailies. Just wait a day, it might be something more geared for WvW and/or dungeon players.

I’d also be just fine if one month out of the year the monthly had things in it that were solely for the PvP, WvW, and/or dungeon players. Because I know those who do those things might not enjoy the things that would make for an achievable monthly for those of us who choose not to do PvP, WvW, or dungeons.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As it is, I’m having a hard time just finding 2 more vets that I personally can kill for my daily today. The ones posted here with enough detail to find them are not ones I’m at the skill level to solo.

I got 4 of 5 in Queensdale. 1) Veteran Tamini Chieftain in the level 6 heart area outside the Shaemoor Garrison (the area is called Scaver Plateau) 2) Harpy Matriarch on the hill behind the Vale Waypoint (the area is called Altar’s Windings; 3) Ert and Bert, Ettin vet guarding the skill challenge in the cave, also in Altar’s Windings; and 4) Veteran Oakheart near Clayent Falls, just south of Altar’s Windings.

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

I did my daily today and I have no idea why OP had a hard time. I only killed veterans in Cursed Shore and every single one counted towards the daily!

Posted by: Xithryl.2807

Xithryl.2807

I sure hope this gets changed (dailies being based on system clock) This may have happened because they needed to push content out quick and they took a short cut, who knows. But it shouldn’t be acceptable. I love you all and I love your game, but I don’t like to feel like I’m playing something that is being put together half a**ed. Here is hoping to see a change soon

Posted by: foenxz.8564

foenxz.8564

I got my daily vets from PvE (Cursed Shore). DE vets did not count, champions did not count, 20 players attacking one vet did not count ( I think I did less damage to it than a minimum % threshold , maybe ?? ).
The only vets that did seem to count were the ones hanging around Orr trying to answer an IQ test.

Posted by: Cerebelum.6087

Cerebelum.6087

It does seem to be a rather lame excuse for a daily chore not working, the multiple users encountering a difficulty ALL have the wrong timezone/time set on their pc, but even worse is making these things determined client side rather than server side. So no matter what: ball dropped….

Posted by: GreyMouser.1235

GreyMouser.1235

5 veteran oakhearts. Finished the task in 2 minutes.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Seera.5916

I sure hope this gets changed (dailies being based on system clock) This may have happened because they needed to push content out quick and they took a short cut, who knows. But it shouldn’t be acceptable. I love you all and I love your game, but I don’t like to feel like I’m playing something that is being put together half a**ed. Here is hoping to see a change soon

@IndigoSunset: I did manage to find the remaining vets that I needed and actually kill them.

The system clock only determines what dailies that are displayed for you.

The server clock determines what actually gets recorded. That’s why at the beginning of this thread, there were people going: why are my dailies not get recorded for killing certain vets? Because they’re system clock was in the future as compared to their server clock.

I’ve got a feeling that it’s going to get changed eventually, but I’d put that bug low on the priority list. It doesn’t really break the game. I’d rather the bug fixers work on things that stop progress in the game.