Daily achivements dead?

Daily achivements dead?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DrWho.9061

DrWho.9061

Well, I should keep some woods to make some planks?
Please, do not kill the good game…. fire some guys and go on… it should survive this terrible headshot!!!

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Bobby Fizz.5706

Bobby Fizz.5706

There’s different dailys, they rotate each day. Try to relax.

Daily achivements dead?

DrWho.9061

Uh… maybe. Will see…
New day, I log in into the game, see that I can not complete this, and… log off, till the next day?

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Most likely what I will do is make 10 pieces of food for this daily since that’ll be the cheapest and least wasteful way for me to do this. I wonder if there’ll be a rash of unneeded crafted items appearing on the TP.

I kind of feel badly for the non-crafters that want to work toward a piece of ascended gear, however. They’ll have to forego this daily each week.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

I was wondering how long it would take forums to burst with threads like game is dead, im leaving, Anet lyed to us, etc.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Zatria.5783

Zatria.5783

Yeah. I think they really screwed things up on this one. Play as you want? Not here. I log on to knock out some dailies and mess around in WvW. I don’t care for dungeons and was ready to give up on the game when they instituted the treadmill items being only attainable via dungeons. And, since they are available to use during WvW, well that kitten me off.

I have crafting maxed in the areas I want it in. I don’t need crafted items today.
Combo Killer? Really?

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: NativeDigital.4539

NativeDigital.4539

It is not mandatory to do the Daily so I don’t see where’s the problem?

Daily achivements dead?

DrWho.9061

The dayily was announced to encourage exploration… I am really wait it and made some estimates… Now it looks like a huge step back… back to usual grind game.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Sinsko.9342

Sinsko.9342

Uh… maybe. Will see…
New day, I log in into the game, see that I can not complete this, and… log off, till the next day?

Just pick up cooking and make 10 balls of dough, you can get everything from the vendor. I’m 400 cooking and can make a level 1 recipe. It counts.

Water and Flour get from the vendor… Butter… come on.. lol

Simple.

Saints – Ranger / Vincent Nightmare – Thief

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Well if they truly are as people are reporting a rare combo field kill thing or some other type of achievement item that’s similar then it’s true they did kill the only solo thing left to do in the game to bring any kind of currency or awards. Either they are having bugs or someone over there is really trying to kill off the game entirely.

STO’s advancement allows for people to do their dailies for currency solo if they need to, this is just weird.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Daily achivements dead?

Celtic Lady.3729

Nothing in the game is mandatory. However, if you’d like some ascended gear and you are not a crafter, for instance, then you’ll be getting your ascended gear more slowly since dailies including required crafting will exclude non-crafters.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Why are people freaking out over this? This daily actually inspires me to improve some of my under leveled crafts. If that’s not inspiration, then just make a few things with your chef.

Daily achivements dead?

Sinsko.9342

I have crafting maxed in the areas I want it in. I don’t need crafted items today.
Combo Killer? Really?

No offense, but this is really just unnecessary ranting.

These dailies are super easy to do still… and if you’re doing the 5 events and people are around, 10 combos shouldn’t be THAT difficult… most likely do them without even trying.

Daily achivements dead?

Sinsko.9342

Nothing in the game is mandatory. However, if you’d like some ascended gear and you are not a crafter, for instance, then you’ll be getting your ascended gear more slowly since dailies including required crafting will exclude non-crafters.

True… and I’m not a big fan of ‘forced crafting’ – However, it’s ‘10 crafted’ not ‘10 rares crafted’ so as long as they keep it simple, I don’t mind.

If you do the daily on an 80 and have to buy the crafted mats you still come out ahead.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Megido.5061

Megido.5061

OP is the pinnacle of knee-jerk reactions.

Daily achivements dead?

DrWho.9061

This topic was inspired by the article about new daily achivements, about how exciting it WILL BE… I NOT TELLING it is hard, but why it is far mor boring that it was… it is a pity…
Some guys should be fired ASAP.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

the daily took me less then 10 minutes to complete, how can anyone possible complain about that? If you don’t want to play parts of the game that is fine, but don’t expect rewards for playing the whole game if you don’t play it.

Daily achivements dead?

Celtic Lady.3729

the daily took me less then 10 minutes to complete, how can anyone possible complain about that? If you don’t want to play parts of the game that is fine, but don’t expect rewards for playing the whole game if you don’t play it.

Mostly, the reaction seems to stem from ArenaNet’s promotion to “play the game the way you want to.” So, if dailies include crafting, jumping puzzles, dungeons, fractals, etc. then people that don’t craft or can’t do jumping puzzles easily or don’t dungeon crawl will be disappointed since these will be dailies they can’t complete. The previous dailies didn’t involve doing specific aspects of the game that people often skip such as crafting or dungeon crawling. These are just examples.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Demonik.9571

Demonik.9571

The combo killer for the daily is just stupid. I agree that people should be fired over this new daily system…..

Many alts to go with my many personalities….
8 LvL 80’s all fight for XIV on Devona’s Rest
X Korupt X Char Guardian in T3 Cult

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Demonik.9571

Demonik.9571

I never liked doing Fractals so I never did the monthly achievements. Now in order to get the daily done I have to team up with people just to do the combo killer….. this is a game killer for me.

Many alts to go with my many personalities….
8 LvL 80’s all fight for XIV on Devona’s Rest
X Korupt X Char Guardian in T3 Cult

Daily achivements dead?

DrWho.9061

Peoples… Engilsh is not my native language, I am trying to deliver my own feelings. I did not lost something monetary, forget this EXP or Jug of Karma… I’ve just lost something, like hope…

(edited by DrWho.9061)

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Saber CZ.9045

Saber CZ.9045

Crafting for trash? Dutty call diving? NO THANKS. How delete daily archievement message from UI?

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Gnarly Geezer.5692

Gnarly Geezer.5692

Crafting is ok with me – forced grouping is not. To complete the daily you have to “do combo with ally”. I am a solo player. I do not want to group. I HATE forced grouping. This is a shame. Now that I can’t get my karma potion alt leveling is over and so, I guess is my time with GW2. I did enjoy my 5 months but time to move on.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Crafting is ok with me – forced grouping is not. To complete the daily you have to “do combo with ally”. I am a solo player. I do not want to group. I HATE forced grouping. This is a shame. Now that I can’t get my karma potion alt leveling is over and so, I guess is my time with GW2. I did enjoy my 5 months but time to move on.

Um, they change the dailies every single day now. So nobody cares if you leave but might be a pretty premature reason.

Daily achivements dead?

Sinsko.9342

You do realize a combo field doesn’t need to be done while grouped up… pretty much every class has some kind of combo field they can drop… while you’re doing the 5 events…. drop a combo field… bam… combo kills… that simple. EASY…. requires no ‘group up’ and the kills happen almost instantly..

There are worse things to quit a game over.

Example of how to complete: Get a level 1 thief with a shortbow – go to Queensdale and hit up the first event at Shaemoor Fields, drop a Poison field with Choking Gas (#4 Shortbow Ability) and bam… combo kills….

(edited by Sinsko.9342)

Daily achivements dead?

DrWho.9061

The main thing, that the new system becomes a soapbubble, but it just changed some NOT-SO-BORING things to some much more boooooring,..

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: tnarrant.9714

tnarrant.9714

As soon as I saw the “25 underwater kills” as part of the daily, I immediately knew I probably won’t bother with dailies. Underwater killing is one of the most unfun things in the game, because you lose 80% of your skills, making kills take longer for no good reason. And having to craft too, when I specifically only focused one character on crafting. So unless the daily is account-wide, no thanks.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Underwater kills – play as a ranger or engineer with grenades

Gathering – collect 20 copper from nodes around newbie zones. Might take you 10 minutes.

Crafting – refine 20 copper into 10 ingots as jewelcrafter takes 5 seconds

Events – same as it’s always been

Combos – spend 10 minutes figuring out how to get guaranteed combos cursing ANet the whole time. Then a few minutes more finishing it. The key part is that you can’t finish your own combos fields, and you really, really don’t want to use %chance finishers.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Daily achivements dead?

DrWho.9061

Underwater kills – play as a ranger or engineer with grenades

One of “not so far” replies, I know how to do this daily, but I don’t want NOW.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Crafting = no big deal took me under a minute
Combo’s = I helped a whole swack of players get theirs by just liberally placing wells as a necro in Gendarran Fields near mobs for them to hit with finishers
Water kills = actually took me the longest but that was because i was in Orr at the time and they die slower in a high level area

To the OP if your not going to actually play the game then you deserve nothing and I for one hope they keep innovating.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

Just refine 10 things……..they can be the T1 mats that i’m sure ye all have it your banks…..this daily takes literally a minute a most and people are complaining?

Daily achivements dead?

Celtic Lady.3729

Just refine 10 things……..they can be the T1 mats that i’m sure ye all have it your banks…..this daily takes literally a minute a most and people are complaining?

Non-crafters likely wouldn’t have mats of any tier stored in their vaults, now would they? The non-crafters I know do not store materials they never intend to use. Rather, they sell them.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Jacen AlThor.4630

Jacen AlThor.4630

Granted that he new dailies are really terrible and has effectively killed of the only remaining option for solo gamers, but to say someone needs to get fired over it is a little too much. Dd Arena Net say they were overhauling the dailies, it was a total shocker to me as now there will be days I won’t be able to do my dailies and have to wait even longer to get enough karma saved up for my exotic gear

@tnarrant- Dailies are account wide, multiple character from the same account can work on completing it.

Daily achivements dead?

DrWho.9061

You’re complaining about killing some fish and learning to play your class?

Each day? If it is challenging for you – you are in trouble… ))

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

Non-crafters likely wouldn’t have mats of any tier stored in their vaults, now would they? The non-crafters I know do not store materials they never intend to use. Rather, they sell them.

then stop selling the low tier mats that sell for coppers then?
You can make afew minor changes or you can not get the daily achievement whenever this comes up,but don’t demand that they change it to suit a minorities preference.

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: stevieh.3786

stevieh.3786

New daily since update is now a chore as it changes daily and not all can be done solo if you so choose
I personally dont like crafting and filling my bank with stuff crafted to get daily
no prior information regarding daily eg: daily combo killer and how to complete

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

why not just go to Orr-tunnel to get combo fields? you don’t have to party up (as solo as you wanna be), and players use SOME KIND of AOE or field, there. that’s like, one event of combo fields. or get a guild member to throw some down for you, but that would take cooperation, with another player.

for 5 gold/day, i’ll gladly help you out by throwing some fields down with my ele….

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: Belphegor.7596

Belphegor.7596

complaining about underwater kills ? just go to queensdale and kill creatures , it counts

Daily achivements dead?

Posted by: MHE Tiger.4875

MHE Tiger.4875

Why are people crying about the update…. They’re not going to make it where you cannot complete the daily, and they’re not going to make it the same everyday. You’ll have something different to do each day.

I, for one, like the idea of not having to necessarily go out and participate in 5 events (which are usually the same 5) everyday to complete the daily.

They made them better, and for those that don’t see why, it’s because, once again, you can do something different every single day and still complete your daily.

“Oh no!!! they made dailies harder and more grind-like”…… no, to those who said this, they made it to where you actually have to play the game.

Daily achivements dead?

Celtic Lady.3729

Then stop selling the low tier mats that sell for coppers then?
You can make afew minor changes

And I’m sure some will begin doing exactly that. However, you seemed to be assuming in your earlier post that everyone already has these resources in their banks simply because you do.