Daily and monthly "merged"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaia Orunitia.5794

Gaia Orunitia.5794

I have just a question about the new daily system. I have no problem with it, but when you said the monthly will be removed, I thought you would merged AP from daily and monthly, and raise the cap to 15000 (as it is said on the wiki : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily )

But that’s not the case as you can see on my screenshot. Did I misunderstand something or this is a bug ?

Attachments:

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I have just a question about the new daily system. I have no problem with it, but when you said the monthly will be removed, I thought you would merged AP from daily and monthly, and raise the cap to 15000 (as it is said on the wiki : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily )

But that’s not the case as you can see on my screenshot. Did I misunderstand something or this is a bug ?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-new-daily-achievement-system/

Gaia Orunitia.5794

I’ve already read that, and I don’t find the answer to my question. Or maybe I just don’t see it, can you copy the specific section please ?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Finally, in a release coming early next year, we will merge the existing daily and monthly achievement point caps into one pool. This will allow players to continue working toward the maximum point totals for the daily achievement system without the existence of monthly achievements.

Gaia Orunitia.5794

So still no answer to my question. Is that “pool” was supposed to be daily+monthly cap as it is mentioned in the wiki or something else ?

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

So still no answer to my question. Is that “pool” was supposed to be daily+monthly cap as it is mentioned in the wiki or something else ?

What i believe what is trying to be said is, the monthly was removed, along with the AP, so people wouldn’t hit the cap so fast. The cap is the same, but its slower to hit it. They merged them, but didn’t increase the cap.

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

Have you checked that when you gain the 10 points for the daily the monthly points go up (since your daily is maxed)? I’m thing that’s how it works, either that or it’s definitely a bug because I too think it is meant to work the way you are describing it, otherwise it wouldn’t be fair for everyone

Gaia Orunitia.5794

I have my 10,000 daily APs since novembre (or october I don’t really remember xD) so I already reached the cap. Concerning the monthly, I didn’t reached it yet, but now I can’t gain new monthly points with the new system. And when I read this :

“Finally, in a release coming early next year, we will merge the existing daily and monthly achievement point caps into one pool. This will allow players to continue working toward the maximum point totals for the daily achievement system without the existence of monthly achievements.”

I thought the new “pool” would be Daily + Monthly = 15,000 and I can still continue to get the APs. But that’s not the case, my daily points are caped to 10,000 and I don’t gain monthly points neither

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I’ll bold the relevant part.

Finally, in a release coming early next year, we will merge the existing daily and monthly achievement point caps into one pool. This will allow players to continue working toward the maximum point totals for the daily achievement system without the existence of monthly achievements.

Arenanet presumably wasn’t in the office full-force on New Year’s Day, so they didn’t put in the patch yet to make the planned change. It’ll either be coming this upcoming week, or rolled in as part of the next Living Story update in a week and a half, we’ll have to see.

Gaia Orunitia.5794

Ok so wait and see as they said That’s not a really big deal anyway.
But to be honnest, I don’t really understand why they put such caps to daily/monthly APs xD

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I’ll bold the relevant part.

Arenanet presumably wasn’t in the office full-force on New Year’s Day, so they didn’t put in the patch yet to make the planned change. It’ll either be coming this upcoming week, or rolled in as part of the next Living Story update in a week and a half, we’ll have to see.

Or some other patch in the early part of the year, since all it said was in the early part of the year, not any time specifically, I would expect it sometime by the end of the first quarter, or before the end of March. In other words, don’t be to anxious for it to be released with the next LS episode…give it time as the early part of the year can and probably does mean anytime within the first quarter.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

According the the announcement, it is coming in a Release sometime early 2015. Not a patch, or update, but a Release. That could be as early as Jan. 13th, or a later Release.

The wiki should be updated, as suggested in the ‘Talk’ page.

Posted by: EttinTracker.6504

EttinTracker.6504

I really expected the daily and monthly caps to be merged today. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen. I don’t know why we need this cap anyway.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So its still not merged. I’m wasting so many ap right now doing daily still…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Takayuki.7485

Takayuki.7485

Really hoping we see the cap change from 10k to 15k with tomorrows patch. Changing one digit sure takes time.

Posted by: Takayuki.7485

Takayuki.7485

Nope :/

/15 char