Daily points capped at 15000.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ethan Mccloud.3218

Ethan Mccloud.3218

So the cap is 15000 for daily points and now I’m more or less stuck just shy of 28000 with only 1 goal of trying to complete my armour collection of the hellfire set. It would appear that i need at the very least 7000 more points- Was this intended to make sense to anyone . I am being told in map chat that this is so late comers can catch up- CAtch up to what exactly. Sense 90 percent of us have been here since the begining…. why does a wall now stand between myself and my future armour. Why now do those who came late to the party feel the need to catch up to all the veterans who have been diligently chasing down these achievements . This confuses me greatly and has pretty my killed what little drive i had left in this game.
The 2gold reward is decent but does very little for my resolve. Looking for a dev response on this one.

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender
Proud Member OF “TSF” The Shining Force.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Why would you need 7000? that makes just no sense to me

1) you can get a full set at 30k points so you should only need 2k
2) if you chose the wrong pants at 27k then you would need 33k to pick the other ones and in that case you would need a total of 5000 more points

but in no case would you need 7000 points.. ?

i think 2k more is doable with a bit of patience

work on PvP and WvW achievements if you havent done that as those really give a lot of AP
Else just wait for more living story and slowly work on what you havent done

Once you reach 30k you will be happy and feel like it really is something special that only a veteran player can achieve
(and newer players will also be able to get it … but only after a lot of time just like people who started at release who have already spent that time .. so it is 100% fair)

on the cap for 15.000 daily AP
that was a very good decision from anet in my opinion
1) like you said it allows newer players to catch up (even though they cant catch up on some one time only events)
2) it definitly shows enough dedication to get 15k daily ap… and would just be more AP without meaning since daily AP are basically free
3) it definitly releaves AP hunters and stops stressing them so they dont feel forced to do the dailies everytime without an exception

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

poor you ;-(

ive been here since beta too, and only got almost 17k. I don’t really see the need for cap but its been there for what seems forever too. Deal with it?

Ethan Mccloud.3218

2) if you chose the wrong pants at 27k then you would need 33k to pick the other ones and in that case you would need a total of 5000 more points

work on PvP and WvW achievements if you havent dont that as those really give a lot of AP

Once you reach 30k you will be happy and feel like it really is something special that only a veteran player can achieve
(and newer players will also be able to get it … but only after a lot of time just like people who started at release who have already spent that time .. so it is 100% fair)

that was a very good decision from anet
1) like you said it allows newer players to catch up (even though they cant catch up on some one time only events)
2) it definitly shows enough dedication to get 15k daily ap… and would just be more AP without meaning since daily AP are basically free
3) it definitly releaves AP hunters and stops stressing them so they dont feel forced to do the dailies everytime without an exception

We will just agree to disagree-

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender

Ethan Mccloud.3218

poor you ;-(

ive been here since beta too, and only got almost 17k. I don’t really see the need for cap but its been there for what seems forever too. Deal with it?

Am dealing with it. Just simply asking the question to the powers that be.

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

work on PvP and WvW achievements if you havent dont that as those really give a lot of AP

disagree on just everything i said?

then please still explain to me how you need 7000 more points because i really couldnt figure that out^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I like the cap. I started from head start and did dailies everyday, I’m at around 11,000 still.
Besides, 2 gold per day is still PLENTY of incentive to do dailies.

I’m also pretty sure there are several achievements you can do that you haven’t obtained yet. As we are close in points and I can still do PvP, Fashion, Scribing, and most of the HoT achievements, just to name a few.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Ethan Mccloud.3218

I like the cap. I started from head start and did dailies everyday, I’m at around 11,000 still.
Besides, 2 gold per day is still PLENTY of incentive to do dailies.

I’m also pretty sure there are several achievements you can do that you haven’t obtained yet. As we are close in points and I can still do PvP, Fashion, Scribing, and most of the HoT achievements, just to name a few.

Not close at all . 27,956 points is were i am .

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender

Warcry.1596

Yes, we’re in the area of each other, off by around 600. How is that not close when talking about 27,000? xD

Ethan Mccloud.3218

disagree on just everything i said?

then please still explain to me how you need 7000 more points because i really couldnt figure that out^^

HEllfire back piece awarded at 39,000 or 42,000 Arenanet – the wiki is unclear on which
will be used. Either way your focusing on the wrong part of the arguement . SO for now we just Agree to Disagree.

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender

Ethan Mccloud.3218

Yes, we’re in the area of each other, off by around 600. How is that not close when talking about 27,000? xD

Sorry – You typed 11000- you left out your actual number of achiev. I can only work with what you typed.

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender

Warcry.1596

Either way, you can’t tell me there are NO other achievements you can work on. Screenshot every achievement page on your account if that’s the case.

Ethan Mccloud.3218

Either way, you can’t tell me there are NO other achievements you can work on. Screenshot every achievement page on your account if that’s the case.

We will be here all day for that one- Trust me.. all that’s left is pure grind. Smc capture etc etc etc

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

We will be here all day for that one- Trust me.. all that’s left is pure grind. Smc capture etc etc etc

Dailys are a grind to so go grind the others cracks whip

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You won’t get a dev response because they’ve already explained why there’s a cap.

I’ve advocated elsewhere that I think they should add in a “cost of gaming” annual increase (so that veterans can increase their AP during content droughts), but I don’t think it’s a priority.

I particularly don’t think it needs to be a priority for those who have “just south of 28k” because anyone with nearly 28k is doing better than those who started the game when HoT came out, including all their future dailies up to the cap.

• At least 700 players have more than 28,000 AP.
  • 33k are available to those who have done “everything”
    • 5k are historical (no longer available)
    • ~800 are related to “seasons” or “raids” and therefore not necessarily “easy” for folks avoiding “challenging” content.

tl;dr those at 28k should rightly pat themselves on the back and wait (like everyone else) for ANet to add more achievements (probably through new content and new collections tied to old/new content).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

In my opinino it woudl have been a better decision to keep monthly achievements instead of merging it, adding to them then also too a cap of say 10000 points for monthly and on top of that they should have added “Weeklies” with a Cap of 15000 Points, while giving Dailies then instead of 15000 Points a Cap of 25000.

This would have been in my opinion a much better longterm solution for this game.

This way would have been all player through capped AP of these 3 categories together be able to get to 50k AP, what would be more than enough to get both of the AP armor sets complete as well as gettign both AP weapon sets complete I guess.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

I’m confused. You only get 10 ‘daily’ achievement points per day, regardless if you do the minimum of 3 daily tasks, or all 12. 10 points per day times 30 days per month is 300 points total.

Are you saying you can grind out over 14,700 achievement points in addition, every month?

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Derdhal.6908

Derdhal.6908

Are you saying you can grind out over 14,700 achievement points in addition, every month?

No, 15000 is the global cap. If you do daily 10 points everyday, after 1500 days, you’ll not be able to earn any more. But you could earn more per day in the past, so there are people who have reached that cap yet.

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

The daily achievement cap cannot be reasonably increased without also increasing the rate of daily AP gained each day. At 10 points per day, it would take someone 1500 days or over 4 years to reach the cap and we’re just coming up on GW2’s 4th year anniversary now. Had 10 AP/day been the rate from the start, we may have only just begun learning there even was a cap in the coming months.

I do believe that the cap is a good thing to help players to catch up but it would be nice if there were something after 15k. One idea may be to increase the cap by 1 AP per day. This way it will continue to increase but at a significantly lower rate that does allow players to catch up (and doesn’t punish players at the cap for missing a few days, they can catch up quite easily too.)

(edited by Glacial.9516)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The cap is a terrible idea, because it punishes veteran players for being diligent, especially since Anet’s added next to no achievements since HoT launch (as opposed to the regular supply of them during LS1, in particular).

People who don’t have any reason to do the daily any more and don’t have any real content to do either are just going to leave until the next LS release and maybe not even come back.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

They should delete AP from dailies and monthlies and double AP from all permanent achievements. It was a stupid idea to give dailies/monhtlies AP to begin with.
So its good there is a cap for daily AP very least, preserves a tiny bit of prestige for the highest AP rewards.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

They should delete AP from dailies and monthlies and double AP from all permanent achievements. It was a stupid idea to give dailies/monhtlies AP to begin with.
So its good there is a cap for daily AP very least, preserves a tiny bit of prestige for the highest AP rewards.

Nah. If the AP isn’t attainable anymore, it should be deleted and the achievements associated with them should be considered legacy achievements. Or, as WoW called them, Feats of Strength. Keep the titles, but scuttle the AP.

Also, periodically increase the cap for the veterans. Not enough to keep pace with dailies (300/month might be too much) but an extra 1000/year would be considerate.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

No, 15000 is the global cap. If you do daily 10 points everyday, after 1500 days, you’ll not be able to earn any more. But you could earn more per day in the past, so there are people who have reached that cap yet.

1500 days is a little over 4 years and the game isn’t that old. Nobody should be at the cap and I can’t imagine anyone having played for 1500 straight days without missing a single daily.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

1500 days is a little over 4 years and the game isn’t that old. Nobody should be at the cap and I can’t imagine anyone having played for 1500 straight days without missing a single daily.

The cap also includes points from the no longer existent monthly. Lots of people have reached the cap.

The Burninator

Posted by: lokh.2695

lokh.2695

This thread is relevant to my interests…

28.8k AP here, reached the cap a month or so ago.

I’m a bit divided on the cap. I can understand the reasoning they had when they implemented it, the whole “newer player catching up” idea, the “AP hunters may get stressed” idea did’t wrk out for me, never did, never will. But as I’m aiming for the radiant armor, it would have been nice just getting there in a forseeable amount of time doing dailies.

Yes, I’m an AP hunter. And yes, missing a daily when it gave me AP was sort of “stressful” and the thought of “whatever, i’ll just rech the cap a day later now” helped a bit with that. But I was always well aware, that it was self imposed “stress”. “Stress” I willingly accepted when I chose “having lots of AP and a shiny to go with it” as my long term goal for this game. I don’t understand players who identify this sort of “stress” as a problem outside of themselves that is ANet’s business to fix/handle/adress.

The problem with the “newer players catching up” idea is, that it does not make sense with the amount of AP they hand out nowadays.
The “core AP”(like weapon masteries, slayer-achivements, story stuff, crafting achivements, regular PvP/WvW/EotM achivements etc.) are the same for all players. The vets have them and the new players can get them.
The AP that come with new content can be done by the Vets(if they’re still playing oc) and the newer players alike.
The historical stuff from back in the days, on the other hand, is gone for newer players. Unobtainalbe, not an option, gone.
Now, the historical stuff from back in the days that is no longer available for newer players used to net way more AP than what they put out now. Flame and Frost gave 148AP, Secret of Southsun gave (me at least) 155AP, Escape from Lion’s Arch 96AP and so on. Wheras Gates of Maguma had 38AP or Out of the Shadows giving 73AP.

Newcomers will only catch up to vets, if the vets stop playing new content. If the vets need to stop playing anyway so new players can catch up, the cap didn’t do much. If the cap doesn’t help newer players to catch up on players who did the old stuff and still are playing the game, the cap can be removed and I get my shiny armor faster.

Or, the cap would make a lot more sense, if the average chapter of a LS would still net between 90 and 150AP.

+ : Keyrings, Underwater-Combat, Build Templates
- : Mounts, ViP-Player systems, HoT-like Xpacs
Have a nice day.

(edited by lokh.2695)

Ethan Mccloud.3218

This thread is relevant to my interests…

28.8k AP here, reached the cap a month or so ago.

I’m a bit divided on the cap. I can understand the reasoning they had when they implemented it, the whole “newer player catching up” idea, the “AP hunters may get stressed” idea did’t wrk out for me, never did, never will. But as I’m aiming for the radiant armor, it would have been nice just getting there in a forseeable amount of time doing dailies.

Yes, I’m an AP hunter. And yes, missing a daily when it gave me AP was sort of “stressful” and the thought of “whatever, i’ll just rech the cap a day later now” helped a bit with that. But I was always well aware, that it was self imposed “stress”. “Stress” I willingly accepted when I chose “having lots of AP and a shiny to go with it” as my long term goal for this game. I don’t understand players who identify this sort of “stress” as a problem outside of themselves that is ANet’s business to fix/handle/adress.

The problem with the “newer players catching up” idea is, that it does not make sense with the amount of AP they hand out nowadays.
The “core AP”(like weapon masteries, slayer-achivements, story stuff, crafting achivements, regular PvP/WvW/EotM achivements etc.) are the same for all players. The vets have them and the new players can get them.
The AP that come with new content can be done by the Vets(if they’re still playing oc) and the newer players alike.
The historical stuff from back in the days, on the other hand, is gone for newer players. Unobtainalbe, not an option, gone.
Now, the historical stuff from back in the days that is no longer available for newer players used to net way more AP than what they put out now. Flame and Frost gave 148AP, Secret of Southsun gave (me at least) 155AP, Escape from Lion’s Arch 96AP and so on. Wheras Gates of Maguma had 38AP or Out of the Shadows giving 73AP.

Newcomers will only catch up to vets, if the vets stop playing new content. If the vets need to stop playing anyway so new players can catch up, the cap didn’t do much. If the cap doesn’t help newer players to catch up on players who did the old stuff and still are playing the game, the cap can be removed and I get my shiny armor faster.

Or, the cap would make a lot more sense, if the average chapter of a LS would still net between 90 and 150AP.

Thank you very much. I could not have said it any better myself. At least you understand the frustration.

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

They did this for the sake of the stress of AP hunter’s compulsion at the expense of players that come into the game later and their ability to earn AP rewards.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/More-daily-are-you-kidding-me/first

I said this would happen to people back when they were going to implement the cap. I argued hard that players ability to earn rewards shouldn’t be impeded because some people can’t stop doing something they don’t enjoy.

I have around 32k AP and maxed out my daily about a month ago. Also don’t like the cap even though I am around top 50 on the leaderboard. I much rather be able to work towards more rewards and skins at my own pace.

People also argued that it helps competition because it gives people the opportunity to catch up when it does the exact opposite like we see here. It makes it easier for people to stay on top and impossible for those to catch up that did not to LS1.

ArenaNet shouldn’t be designing the game to manage people’s compulsions. That is bad game design for the rest of us that are just trying to earn rewards. I feel bad for the people working towards raident/hellfire and not being able to do this reward for possibly years down the line because they didn’t play on day 1 and people don’t know how to let go of something they don’t enjoy doing.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t like the cap. I’ll be hitting it in a few weeks and I’m not looking forward to it. It’s removing an important reward that I get for doing dailies and it’s a reward that I’ve gotten since dailies started. The reason why they put in the total cap never sounded good to me. The cap on the AP you could get on a daily basis was fine but not a complete block based on the grounds that you’ve been a loyal and diligent player so they’re stopped the daily AP.

No, I’m not happy with this decision and I don’t see how it benefits either the players or the game.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

a complete block based on the grounds that you’ve been a loyal and diligent player so they’re stopped the daily AP.

This is the best description of why a lifetime cap on dailies strikes so many people the wrong way.

There are certainly decent reasons to cap achievements and good reasons not to. However the existence of a permanent cap contradicts the reason achievement rewards exist in the first place: they are designed to reward player loyalty.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

Question: Why is Daily AP different from say, Slayer AP? Why is there no argument to remove the Slayer ‘cap’ and gain 5 AP for every 500-1000 kills indefinitely? Or Weapon Master? Or Map completion? There’s far more AP to be gained by expanding upon those kinds of achievements than on dailies, and far faster too (well, maybe not Map completion).

I’m glad that there are caps on Weapon Master and Slayer. I think Slayer could be significantly higher – say expanded to 2.5k, 5k or even 10k, but without a cap the achievement becomes grinding out AP and AP becomes a form of exp. Maybe in some ways it already is?

I can definitely understand that it feels less rewarding once you reach the cap. Just as killing centaurs may not be as rewarding once you’ve reached the Slayer cap. I would think of it as ‘completing’ the achievement and instead add a counter like Agent of Entropy has that will count the number of times you’ve completed dailies, even beyond the cap.

(edited by Glacial.9516)

slamfunction.7462

Ok, so let me get this straight, you can only ever obtain 15000 AP from doing dailes, before the dailies AP is capped?

So this means that if i never did any other achievements, got to my 15000 AP mark, i could then do the regular achievements like slayer, story achievements, and etc to go beyond 15000 AP? Is this right?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Ok, so let me get this straight, you can only ever obtain 15000 AP from doing dailes, before the dailies AP is capped?

So this means that if i never did any other achievements, got to my 15000 AP mark, i could then do the regular achievements like slayer, story achievements, and etc to go beyond 15000 AP? Is this right?

Yes. If you hover up over your AP counter, you will see a popup with AP split per sources: Permanent, Daily and Monthly. Daily and Monthly total is capped to 15000 AP (together, not separately), while Permanent counter is uncapped (limited only by the number of available achievements).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yes. The current highest AP that anyone has is 33,133 AP

Leaderboards

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Yes the 15k cap only exists for daily+monthly. Permanent and historic achievements are not affected

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The biggest reason they capped it was to incentivize people to work on the other achievement point areas.

If the daily AP was kept infinite (such as when they were first added), then you could conceivably never do anything but dailies and unlock all the skins.

Every change to the daily system since then has had the same theme, which is to push people into doing all types of content.

Regardless of whatever ancillary reasons are listed, ArenaNet’s primary goal is to get everyone playing WvW, PvP, and PvE because players who engage in all areas are more likely to continue playing versus players who limit their activity to a single type of content.

Server: Devona’s Rest

slamfunction.7462

Yes. If you hover up over your AP counter, you will see a popup with AP split per sources: Permanent, Daily and Monthly. Daily and Monthly total is capped to 15000 AP (together, not separately), while Permanent counter is uncapped (limited only by the number of available achievements).

Thanks! I just noticed that i have another 7200 left on mine, then.

As to Ethan’s argument (now that i understand the issue better): If i had to guess, i would guess that the reason why the limit is there, is so that they don’t have to develop another 20-40k worth of achievement rewards. I also tend to believe this’ll be something gated behind xpacs at a later date. Until then, i think they yeah, this current rule kinda blews the goats.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

If they raise the cap then allow us to gain more AP through dailies, up to 30 for completing 3 dailies in each game mode.

Posted by: lokh.2695

lokh.2695

Since they’re giving 2g now they are pretty much pushing ppl to do dailies again. Admitted, the dailies changed from then to now quite a bit and are now encouraging ppl to play different game modes/play what they enjoy for the daily better than when the cap was intoduced.

The “they need to develop more skins” argument is not that solid as there are enough skins for up to 47k, if they stick to the formula of “a skin every thousand AP, an armor peice every three thousand”. So there’s still room/time to develop things and at the rate we see new skins hit the gemstore, I don’t think it would take them much to develop skins for another 20 or 30k worth of AP rewards

In all honesty, at this point where I don’t think that they’ll remove the cap. I’d be a happy camper if I got an Achivement for reaching the cap, maybe 25 or 50 AP, and a title to show off that I reached the cap.

+ : Keyrings, Underwater-Combat, Build Templates
- : Mounts, ViP-Player systems, HoT-like Xpacs
Have a nice day.

Posted by: otome.2673

otome.2673

… yadda yadda yadda …

I find the 15000 gap fair exactly because of the reason stated above, it allows people to catch up. I’ve been here since beta too but I cant come online every day as I have other stuff to do. Now should people like me who cant play every day be perpetually falling behind? I don’t think so.

Also, Ethan, from the way you write in this thread you seem like a rather rude person and thus I’ve no sympathy at all

You ask the question so i’ll answer it. DO i think people like you who can’t play everyday be perpetually falling behind ? YES- It is pretty much the concept in any facet of life. How do u not understand that?
You say u want to catch up…..WHAT exactly are you wanting to catch up too… when did this become a race between u and i?
You call me rude and offer no sympathy…. Funny i don’t recall asking you for any.

I made the experience thatmany player with very high AP 25k + are bad at this game. For example not understanding their class ect.

Whereis the point in playing 1500 Days if you dont improve your Gameplay.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Whereis the point in playing 1500 Days if you dont improve your Gameplay.

The same point as in any other game – having fun.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Rosa.8974

Rosa.8974

10 achievement points were my incentive to log in daily, now that I have reached the cap, I have no real interest. By logging in daily, I saw if they had things on sale in gem store, I was able to go help other players etc, now, I just simply don’t log in. Only achievement points I have left are in pvp, wvw was done when they decided it was fun to reduce the points needed for everything.
I don’t like pvp. I simply don’t. So getting achievement points from pvp is not an incentive for me to log in. So I will find a new game I can play where I still get points for doing things I enjoy doing. Simple as that. I am sad that Guild Wars isn’t that game anymore, I enjoyed all content (except pvp) very much.
But it just isn’t enough. I feel I’m going nowhere and nothing I do matters.
So I hope anet gets those new players to fill in for me, I won’t be around to see.

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

I like that the daily achievement cap exists, and if it were to be increased I still think that the way to do it should be to extend it from a (daily + monthly) cap to a (daily + monthly + historic) cap. [Even though I know that there’d be some people raising a stink over it]

A title for getting to the daily cap should definitely exist. It’s an impressive achievement in it’s own right.

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

The daily cap at 15k is OK, what I find debatable is the way the AP rewards are set up.
The reward chests are often worse than a champion bag, the Magic Find contribution is negligible compared to Essence luck gathered and completing the armour set has the cap set too high for the total amount of points available (could finish a 3-5k lower).

A bit problematic is the “historical” part. Some past events gave tons of APs that are just no available any more to catch up or re-do.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Rauderi.8706

In all honesty, at this point where I don’t think that they’ll remove the cap. I’d be a happy camper if I got an Achievement for reaching the cap, maybe 25 or 50 AP, and a title to show off that I reached the cap.

Ooh, we could have an infinite Daily Cap Completer. Finishing a daily award while at the cap gives 3 permanent AP. Then there’s no need to raise the cap, progression is still possible, but at a more manageable/slower rate than a blazing 10AP/day. While I’m grateful for it, it always felt a bit much for doing a few easy dailies.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

You are correct, Ethan, but only if your goal is to get a full set of BOTH skins (radiant and hellfire). If you want just one or the other, you can get it at 30,000.

However, please note that “full set” does NOT include the back piece. That requires 39,000.

What I don’t understand is why they have both a cap and a dearth of ways to get APs.

Posted by: Mel.8495

Mel.8495

I like the cap and hope it never goes away

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

OP as it has been mentioned, you will not get a reply from Anet on this topic, so you may aswell give up now,

There are a lot of players whom think the cap is stupid, and needs revised, in a game like this CAPs are bad, espically during month long content droughts where you don’t get any AP,

If I had to guess those who think the cap is great and should stay are either causal 2 hours a week players, or players who cannot control themselves and feel the need to grind out every point.

As for the leaderboards they should be scrapped also, they are pointless now, they will not change, even if a new players starting today ground out every single point available they still wouldn’t break the top 1000, so why keep them at all,

I would love to see the cap removed to allow us to continue gathering points, the fact that up to 60k points chest as been datamined says it all

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_rewards

At the current rate no one will hit 40k for another 3 years given the way AP is handled in game,

AP from anything in game including dailies, is not about catching up, its about your own personal goals and achievements, but because ive supported Anet from day 1 and played daily I am now being punished for it, so that those who have not or have no interest may or maynot catch up,

In around 80 days ill hit cap, I just wont bother logging in anymore after that, whats the point, so I can watch those who log in once a week slowly catch up, because I can no longer gain.

Anet got this one 100% wrong, and I know others agree with it, when you take away someones ability to achieve something ingame because they enjoy doing it, they get bored and leave, simples.

To each there own, to all those who enjoy others being capped so they can no longer progress, hope you still enjoy the game when the AP hunters quit for a new game,

Also to the 1500 days question, in the early days of GW2 each daily gave 5 AP so you could get 25 a day, it was changed at a later date.

I really HOPE Anet do pay attention to this topic and finally give us a proper reply.

Maybe they should just add a tick box that you can use, you click it to continue getting daily AP and if you uncheck it you don’t, cause im willing to bet that if they put that in, all those saying cap is great I don’t want dailys etc, wouldn’t be long hit ticking that box.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

A bit problematic is the “historical” part. Some past events gave tons of APs that are just no available any more to catch up or re-do.

Its very problematic in my opinion. Historical achievements gave out AP like candy which allowed older players the chance to obtain a lot more AP exclusive skins with relative ease, now a newer player is forced to either grind for hundreds of hours in PvP and WvW or do dailies for years to get close to those skins because new achievements are extremely stingy with AP.

In all honesty, at this point where I don’t think that they’ll remove the cap. I’d be a happy camper if I got an Achievement for reaching the cap, maybe 25 or 50 AP, and a title to show off that I reached the cap.

Ooh, we could have an infinite Daily Cap Completer. Finishing a daily award while at the cap gives 3 permanent AP. Then there’s no need to raise the cap, progression is still possible, but at a more manageable/slower rate than a blazing 10AP/day. While I’m grateful for it, it always felt a bit much for doing a few easy dailies.

That is literally the exact same thing as removing the cap. You can’t not remove the cap and still give people AP once they reach it.

Rauderi.8706

That is literally the exact same thing as removing the cap. You can’t not remove the cap and still give people AP once they reach it.

The idea was intended as a compromise. Personally, I’d rather the cap just be gone. If that means ANet clips AP acquisition, I don’t mind either way. If I want more AP to get a reward chest, like say I’m 50 points shy and can’t be asked to wait, I know where the achievement panel is. As it is, it’s currently nearly 2 months of dailies per reward chest, which isn’t a terrible loyalty reward.

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

It would literally have never occurred to me that anyone would do the dailies to get the skins from the AP. To me the hellfire and radiant skins have always just been annoying bank fillers (being a pack rat I can’t bear to destroy them but it’s a racing certainty I’ll never use them). Takes all kinds I guess.

All the same I agree the cap is a daft idea. Wouldn’t it make more sense to change the rewards than mess around the with the points?