Daily's and how it all works

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ron.6157

ron.6157

In the past it was simple you had daily’s for PvE for wvw and for PvP now its all a jumble so every day you don’t know what youl get as for my self I do not pvp nor do I go in to WvW much and never do fractals yet now I feal i’m being forced to do so in order to get daily done some days now for the guys that do wvw or pvp evean fractals its no big to you all but to me it is so why cant ther be at least 3 pve based daily’s every day there is for pvp and wvw and fractals is a dungen and maybe shuld not be part at all or let there be three dungens for the guys that love doing that in two and a half months I have earnd a whoping 400 points vs what I use to be able to get when the old system was in place at the pace we now get to earn point for achievements ill have to play the game for a verey long time to get any where
sorry but this set up blows chunks and is in no way fair

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

But fractals are pve.

And you got pve in WvW aswell.
Like the ruins for bloodlust you need to capture one take afew seconds.
Land claimer you need to kill one bronze ring npc marked as a flag.
veteran creature another bronze ring npc.
5 guard slayer total of 5 bronze rings
disrupt the supplies. you need to kill a dollyak that walk bettwen objectives, it dont even fight back while walking.

Keep, tower and camps can be harder to do alone. ( usualy there are plenty of people around to help cap stuff)

as usual there are 2 easy 2 hard each day if you got a 80 on the account.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I used to do the PvE dailies exclusively, but I don’t like most of them now, so I do PvP dailies almost exclusively. They take me only a few minutes to do really.

I do miss getting an AP for every daily I choose to do, though. I liked that reward.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

But fractals are pve.

And you got pve in WvW aswell.
Like the ruins for bloodlust you need to capture one take afew seconds.
Land claimer you need to kill one bronze ring npc marked as a flag.
veteran creature another bronze ring npc.
5 guard slayer total of 5 bronze rings
disrupt the supplies. you need to kill a dollyak that walk bettwen objectives, it dont even fight back while walking.

Keep, tower and camps can be harder to do alone. ( usualy there are plenty of people around to help cap stuff)

as usual there are 2 easy 2 hard each day if you got a 80 on the account.

I’ve been ganked, camped and zerg-rolled doing every one of those WvW dailies.

Instanced PvE (Dungeons/Fractals/Personal Story/Living Story) and open-world PvE (harvesting/exploration (vistas, PoIs, HPs)/creature kills/events) are as different as WvW and PvP so I- and probably the OP- don’t understand why the conflict oriented play style had two sets of dailies to choose from and the non-conflict oriented play style did not.

I propose adding another option that has this:

Complete a dungeon path (generic)
Complete dungeon story (generic)
Complete a fractal (generic)
Complete a fractal (rated: 1-9, 10-15, etc)
Complete a personal story instance (or LS if you have those unlocked and/or are out of PS on your characters)
Earn dungeon tokens (5, 10, 15)
Earn fractal relics (5, 10, 15)
Complete ‘x’ dungeon path
Complete ‘x’ dungeon story
Complete ‘x’ fractal
Earn Pristine Fractal Relics (1, 2, 3)
Visit your home instance (level 9 and lower daily only)

That’s about as many PvE choices we have now. Possibly even more.

Then replace the fractals and zone specific events with some of the older ones that were removed for open-world PvE:

Earn Hero Points (5)
Level Up (1)
Kill ‘x’ of ‘y’ creatures
Complete ‘x’ events in ‘y’ region

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

There are 4 PvE dailies every day… The new daily system makes me happy every day, it’s so simple. Especially about the AP. Just because you don’t consider fractals PvE, doesn’t make it true.

Maybe what your trying to say is that you want at least 3 open world dailies a day?

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

The reason there seems to be less pve dailies is because a lot of people don’t view fractals as pve content, which it is though.

As is there are 12 dailies in total picked randomly from each game mode:

- 4 pve dailies
- 4 pvp dailies
- 4 wvw dailies

renaming or bundeling together pvp and wvw as “conflict oriented” does not automatically make anet have to add a 4th tab or give one of the game modes prefered treatement.

Let’s assume you absolutely do not want to pvp (which in essence is the only full conflict game mode out there) you are left with pve and wvw to mix and match. If you really can’t be bothered with wvw then suck it up and do the fractals.

As someone pointed out, some daily steps are insanely fast to do for each game mode.

pvp
- Daily PvP Capture — Capture a point in a PvP match.

wvw
- Daily WvW Big Spender — Spend at least 25 Badges of Honor. Blueprints are a useful way to accomplish this.
- Daily WvW Caravan Disruptor — Destroy a supply caravan.
- Daily WvW Land Claimer — Capture a sentry point.
- Daily Master of Ruins — Capture one of the ruins necessary for Borderlands Bloodlust.

If you can’t be bothered to do any of these (and most take no more than 2-5 minutes) to complement your pve daily steps, then you’ll just have to lose out on the 10 ap, simple as that.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

As a primarily PvE player who dislikes fractals… why are you complaining about these dailies? They’re perfect for someone like you.

Double daily fractal? Do a level 1 fractal with some easy going randoms wanting the daily and you get triple the loot thanks to the dailies! You can get fractal-related rewards for barely any effort.

Hate PvP? Step into a rank farm lobby for a couple of minutes and get three or four of the dailies. Getting a reward track just became a complete joke with no PvP involved! Now you can get that PvP-exclusive glorious armour, or some dungeon items you might not normally get!

Not a fan of WvW either? Well, I’ll be honest, this one isn’t always so simple. But capturing ruins, killing a veteran NPC next to your spawn, a couple of guards or a couple of dolyaks – hell, even capturing a supply camp is soloable PvE! Don’t want to be caught by players? Use stealth.

Personally, as a 99.99999% PvE player, the daily I hate most is the daily events one. Telling me to go to some random zone I have no business in is just a pain. Now go out and make the most of the rewards that Anet is letting you obtain without playing the game modes they’re tied to!

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Old daily system was definitely better. I think they changed it just to artificially condense the player base in to a few zones, making population seem higher.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yeah I preferred the old system better. Before I could complete my daily while I was leveling an alt. Barely ever had to go out of my way to get it done. It didn’t feel forced, it was just something that happened naturally as you played.

Now you have to go out of your way of normal game play just to get it done. And if you don’t do fractals or world boss events, you’re pretty much not going to get it if you don’t PvP either. It’s no longer just fun to do as you level, now it feels like a chore.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yeah I preferred the old system better. Before I could complete my daily while I was leveling an alt. Barely ever had to go out of my way to get it done. It didn’t feel forced, it was just something that happened naturally as you played.

Now you have to go out of your way of normal game play just to get it done. And if you don’t do fractals or world boss events, you’re pretty much not going to get it if you don’t PvP either. It’s no longer just fun to do as you level, now it feels like a chore.

Yes and its a daily you should do something specific not get it by doing what ever, might aswell take it away then.

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Dailies are garbage and I hate them as they are right now. Especially zone event dailies; everything dies or goes off so quickly that you can spend longer than you would on it.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]