Daily systeem

Daily systeem

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Offerande.5240

Offerande.5240

Hey, peeps

The current daily systems is too easy, in my opinion. Total no challenges. You can be finished within 5 minutes. The current daily systems is always the same.

Old daily and monthly systems was much more difficult. You had to do more, much more. You needed to do things in WvW, PVE, PVP and the world. And do not forget the jumping puzzles.

Give people a major challenge.
Like this:

1: Complete at least three world events
2: Finish Fractals level 30/40
3: Do at least three dungeons
4: Win two PVP battles
5: Capture least two towers in WvW

Reward for completing 25 ap points, 5 gold and weapon or armor piece.

This give people a nice and funny challenge, cost hours to complete it

Daily systeem

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The daily is not supposed to be a challenge.

It’s supposed to be quick and easy so people can do it when they don’t have much time, or as a starting point to get them playing, then they get into doing other things after that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Daily systeem

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

What about
1. Play a character from 1-80 without dying
2. Explore 100% map without dying
3. Solo all dungeons without dying.

As soon as you die you have to restart with a new level 1 character.

Rewards : if you don’t complete the daily all your character are deleted.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Daily systeem

Posted by: Firedancer.8350

Firedancer.8350

Ehm, not everyone has hours to spend on a game everyday….

Daily systeem

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

I found the old system easier.

Apples meet oranges.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Daily systeem

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s supposed to be quick and easy so people can do it when they don’t have much time, or as a starting point to get them playing, then they get into doing other things after that.

This entirely. Should challenging content have appropriate rewards? Yes. Does it belong in dailies? No, dailies exist for the purpose as stated by Dani,at above

Daily systeem

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Hey, peeps

The current daily systems is too easy, in my opinion. Total no challenges. You can be finished within 5 minutes. The current daily systems is always the same.

Old daily and monthly systems was much more difficult. You had to do more, much more. You needed to do things in WvW, PVE, PVP and the world. And do not forget the jumping puzzles.

Like this:

1: Complete at least three world events
2: Finish Fractals level 30/40
3: Do at least three dungeons
4: Win two PVP battles
5: Capture least two towers in WvW

Reward for completing 25 ap points, 5 gold and weapon or armor piece.

This give people a nice and funny challenge, cost hours to complete it

Cool suggestion.

What about remain unchanged.

Thank you.

Daily systeem

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

Funny, I’m notorious for ignoring dailies because I’m too busy to run around maps looking for events to complete. That is the one that bugs me the most. I have no problem doing the vista or the resource gathering. but, the time it takes searching for events bothers me enough already.

Yes, I know events are happening nonstop and so easy to find one, yes, yes. It just seems for me, when I’m just working on map completion, events happening all the time. When I’m actually looking for an event? I can’t seem to find them. And we have to do 4 map events for the dailies.

As for fractals, I don’t even do them. I know I should. I don’t do dungeons. I know I should, but I play alone and I"m not familiar with how to do dungeons and fractals and I don’t want to burden parties because I’m ignorant of what to do.

Daily systeem

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As for fractals, I don’t even do them. I know I should. I don’t do dungeons. I know I should, but I play alone and I"m not familiar with how to do dungeons and fractals and I don’t want to burden parties because I’m ignorant of what to do.

I know you said you’re too busy in the game already, so I assume this isn’t your only reason, but it’s entirely possible to find a group even if you don’t already know the dungeon. Just put your own advert in the LFG tool and say it’s your first time doing it. You’d be surprised how fast it fills up.

Or ask your guild.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Daily systeem

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I am guessing you do all of them in pvp or wvw? No such thing kitten minutes for the daily in pve. The fastest I have been able to do it was 20 minutes.

Sure, gathering and vistas are quick but nothing else. If an activity it is 5-10 minutes for you to get credit for it. If it is a boss it depends on when it comes up. If it is events on a map it is the luck of the draw (and you WILL eat through TP fees and each is several minutes … no tps if you catch a train but those take time too). Even with everything going EXACTLY right I can not see any way to do the dailies in 5 minutes of pve, especially regularly.

Daily systeem

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I will try the LFG tool. I’ll start with dungeons. Then I’ll try the fractals. If anyone joins the party and puts up with my bungling, God Bless You All.

Daily systeem

Posted by: Sir Alric.5078

Sir Alric.5078

Funny, I’m notorious for ignoring dailies because I’m too busy to run around maps looking for events to complete. That is the one that bugs me the most. I have no problem doing the vista or the resource gathering. but, the time it takes searching for events bothers me enough already.

Yes, I know events are happening nonstop and so easy to find one, yes, yes. It just seems for me, when I’m just working on map completion, events happening all the time. When I’m actually looking for an event? I can’t seem to find them. And we have to do 4 map events for the dailies.

You can also mix the daily from different game modes and still get your AP. As long as you complete three of them, it doesn’t matter which ones you do. For example, today i got my 10 AP doing “Ascalon Forager” (PvE) “Big Spender” and “Ruin Capturer” (WvW).
Just try to look for the easy ones among all of them.

Daily systeem

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I got pvp point capture and pvp defender in 1 min game by joining a already started map go on the loosing side and brute force a point from the other team and defending it.
But then again I already had all the other dailies completed except the specific classes pvp ones I only do those if I get lucky

Daily systeem

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

The average playtime per week is around 70 minutes or something. You might want to keep that in mind.

Daily systeem

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

The average playtime per week is around 70 minutes or something. You might want to keep that in mind.

Did you say week? then i can understand why everything was moved to login ka-ching
They would need dailies like vista 1 ore/1 wood /1 herb in this area, go to this map, kill 5 of this enemy type and so on.

You cant really tune your game to people who play about10 mins a day.

Edit
Same like they cant tune the game to keep me entertained with dailies if I play 5-8 hours a day.

I find my own fun.

Daily systeem

Pandeh.5248

Did you say week? then i can understand why everything was moved to login ka-ching
They would need dailies like vista 1 ore/1 wood /1 herb in this area, go to this map, kill 5 of this enemy type and so on.

You cant really tune your game to people who play about10 mins a day.

Edit
Same like they cant tune the game to keep me entertained with dailies if I play 5-8 hours a day.

I find my own fun.

Yea I dont say they should. But there is a reason they are easy.

There was some convention panel in the last months. Tried to find a link but I dont remember the name of the video…

I want monthly back too :P

Daily systeem

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The current daily systems is too easy, in my opinion. Total no challenges. You can be finished within 5 minutes.

They are supposed to be easy. And FYI: even so, not everyone manages to finish them within 5 minutes.

The current daily systems is always the same.

I agree that there could be more interesting options and they could vary more from week to week or even month to month.

Old daily and monthly systems was much more difficult. You had to do more, much more.

Actually, they weren’t particularly more difficult. In fact, some of the daily challenges are identical from the old system. Naturally, the monthly requirement involved more, only it wasn’t anything close to a month’s worth. Aside from getting bored quickly, the monthlies could be finished within a weekend by anyone who can do the current dailies within 15 minutes.

tl;dr they weren’t harder

You needed to do things in WvW, PVE, PVP and the world. And do not forget the jumping puzzles.

You didn’t have to do things in all three modes. The WvW & PvP monthlies aren’t much different from the current dailies. About the only thing missing are the JPs and those are sort of trivialized anyhow.

Again, the point is for these to be anything other than a major challenge.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Daily systeem

Offerande.5240

It can a little harder and varied, It’s now a lot of similar things

Daily systeem

Offerande.5240

Think the most people play a lot more than 70 min in the week I thin around the 15/20 hours is normal

Daily systeem

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

This, this and this.

There are plenty of other achievements (challenging ones) available if you just look through the achievement list.

Or, y’know, set your own goals and achievements. Something doesn’t need to grant AP for it to be rewarding.

The only thing worse than having no daily achievements is having daily achievements which 90% of the player-base are incapable of regularly completing, or have no desire to complete. Struggling through something that should be simple is incredibly demoralising and will easily turn people off of the game.

Aside from my personal opinion, more difficult dailies are incredibly unlikely to happen because the current system is far simpler than it used to be. They even removed monthly achievements, possibly because of how much it restrained players. I see no reason why A-net would want to take a step in the opposite direction.

Daily systeem

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

I think they could do with shuffling the list abit and dropping the ones folks tend to ignore most(the one that involves playing the costume brawls and other minigames seems to never get done from what i can tell at least on my server), making them more of a challenge isnt the answer though but variety is needed and maybe slant things back towards pve abit more….also instead of fractals all the time why not just complete a dungeon? im sure many folks would prefer that instead since fractals seem infested by folks that dont like the more casual players these days.

Daily systeem

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

Dailies should stay the way they are: easy. A daily challenge is not what the Dailies are supposed to be; they are supposed to be quick and easy rewards to keep you logging in each day.

That said, I would be in for a good challenge in the form of Weeklies or Monthlies. Weeklies are probably the perfect format for challenges like Fractal 40+, 10 pvp wins, 20 dungeons, 5 keep captures, etc. The numbers are of course untested and can be changed.

Daily systeem

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I think the act of logging in should maybe also be much more challenging.
Maybe we have to type in 10-100 captchas under timer stress and the timer
gets shorter and shorter after each captcha ..

Starting windows also is so bare of challenge .. there should be a big angry dog
before each computer at first, then maybe some mines you have to disarm,
after that you have to install the OS from 1,44 inch floppy disk each time

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Daily systeem

Pandeh.5248

Think the most people play a lot more than 70 min in the week I thin around the 15/20 hours is normal

You think the average player plays 3 hours a day? As I said in another reply I cant find the link.

Daily systeem

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Dailies are about rewards and achievement points. If you want a challenge, do something else.