Damage modifying Traits and Conditions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Q:

Nothing was mentioned about this in the recent blog. Currently it is the second big disadvantage condition damage has along with the issue with vulnerability.

Will condition modifying traits finally influence condition damage?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are already traits like that. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Poison_Master for example.

Actually the biggest problem would be the fact that condition damage does nothing against objects. :/

Posted by: Infenso.6329

Infenso.6329

There are already traits like that. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Poison_Master for example.

Actually the biggest problem would be the fact that condition damage does nothing against objects. :/

I think they’re going to keep that on purpose so that Phy damage will still have a huge influence for taking down objects. Or least I hope, because bleeding a fence (while would be funny as hell) is not practical.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I think they’re going to keep that on purpose so that Phy damage will still have a huge influence for taking down objects. Or least I hope, because bleeding a fence (while would be funny as hell) is not practical.

yet, beeding a earth elemental is completely practical…

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Infenso.6329

You just made my day, because I completely forgot about that. xD

I guess it’s kinda the logic Anet follows to make people able to have variety

‘Is it a creature? Conditions can damage, if not then it will not be effected.’

Or something like that.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

It’s in the better interest of Power characters for objects to be treated more like creatures.

Objects (including really large bosses) don’t take critical damage.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I guess we should reduce sword damage against stone enemies by 99% as well then? And I mean hitting a sword on a fence would dull it so quickly that it would no longer be a sword within a few seconds. Just being practical…

Khisanth.2948

chilling a legendary ice elemental?
crippling an ooze?
blinding an ooze?

At the very least most of the objects should not be immuned to being burned.

Infenso.6329

Nothing was mentioned about this in the recent blog. Currently it is the second big disadvantage condition damage has along with the issue with vulnerability.

I guess since we’ve gotten a little off topic, We don’t know and can only make observations for now.

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

Face rubbing a door in WvW shouldn’t be a thing. Makeing doors like they are in stronghold, invulnerable to all player effects. This could spice things up.

Side note:
Tequatl, Wurm, etc. In light of the condition change, should also become vulnerable to critical strikes.

TPenny.5071

I guess since we’ve gotten a little off topic, We don’t know and can only make observations for now.

I do hope +% damage traits and sigils will work for condition damage too.

Infenso.6329

I do hope +% damage traits and sigils will work for condition damage too.

I think it is possible, since they did say Vunrability will now effect condition damage. So they should already have the stuff worked out for % damage. Would be very nice if it also applied on traits and sigils.

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

crippling an ooze?
blinding an ooze?

Well, some Mobs are immune to a Conditions that make no sense.

Some Destroyes are immune to Burning
Dredge are immune to Blind

Khisanth.2948

crippling an ooze?
blinding an ooze?

Well, some Mobs are immune to a Conditions that make no sense.

Some Destroyes are immune to Burning
Dredge are immune to Blind

Not all dredge are immune to blind.

Khisanth.2948

Face rubbing a door in WvW shouldn’t be a thing. Makeing doors like they are in stronghold, invulnerable to all player effects. This could spice things up.

I was definitely not referring to WvW doors because against those it doesn’t matter if you are using conditions or not. The damage is like scratching a door with your nails in either case.

TPenny.5071

I was definitely not referring to WvW doors because against those it doesn’t matter if you are using conditions or not. The damage is like scratching a door with your nails in either case.

Yes, went a little off topic but with massive amounts of people scratching,.Think GoT S5 E8

Khisanth.2948

Yes, went a little off topic but with massive amounts of people scratching,.Think GoT S5 E8

It is a mistake to assume everyone watches that show.

That aside. If you can scratch through the door then the defenders are probably asleep. It is a boring situation regardless.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well taking down a reinforced door with dagger stabs will be much more realistic then just setting it ablaze…

I can imagine a door not reacting to confusion, but who knows.
Bleeding is the deteriorating effect of cutting things up and I can see a door being tormented, poisoning, can be done with toxins but also with acid… (yes, evil…) acid will eat the door. (doubt it will be feared though, stunned, nah….)

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Well taking down a reinforced door with dagger stabs will be much more realistic then just setting it ablaze…

Bleeding is the deteriorating effect of cutting things up and I can see a door being tormented, poisoning, can be done with toxins but also with acid… (yes, evil…) acid will eat the door. (doubt it will be feared though, stunned, nah….)

I wonder if Retaliation will do more damage to targets with Vulnerability (in-case the door ever decides to hit back).

Anyway, the clear way to stop PvDooring is to have all your rangers switch to Retalbear.

Attachments:

Khisanth.2948

Stun isn’t a condition anyway.