Damask Patches?

Damask Patches?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I wasn’t able to find a thread by going through the first pages (and forum search is eh), so if there’s already something regarding this topic, please link me the thread.

Is there any reason Insignias, especially Damask ones, now additionally require Leather to craft? With the dungeon reward nerf and arguably more difficult ways to get ascended gear from fractals, ramping up the ascended armor prices (especially the light ones) seems to be a huge slap in the face.

Damask Patches?

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

I think it was said somewhere that they wanted to make leather more valuable again.

Edit: from dulfy’s patch notes
“To sync armor crafting with weapon crafting, and to help maintain the value of leather, masterwork, rare, and exotic inscriptions will now be crafted with patches made from leather and cloth.

To account for the added leather cost, the amount of cloth required to make an insignia is reduced."

(edited by Yamialexa.5103)

Damask Patches?

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Oh, they actually reduced the amount of cloth needed? That’s actually good, then. Was under the assumption you always needed one per insignia.

Damask Patches?

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

An ascended insignia formerly required 3 bolts of damask. An ascended insignia STILL requires 3 bolts of damask, but now also requires 3 elonian leather squares. No reduction in the amount of cloth required so far.

An ascended insignia also requires an intricate gossamer insignia. An intricate gossamer insignia formerly required 5 bolts of gossamer. An intricate gossamer insignia now requires only 4 bolts of gossamer, but now also requires 10 cured hardened leather squares. Also the insignia now requires 25 spools of gossamer thread instead of 20.

So, the net change eliminates one bolt of gossamer while adding 3 elonian leather, 10 hardened leather, and 5 spools of gossamer thread.

ANet giveth with one hand and taketh back with both hands. The expense of ascended insignia just went up dramatically.

Damask Patches?

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Oh well isn’t that great. Not like light armor wasn’t expensive enough before this.

Damask Patches?

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Even worse, since thick leather now requires four sections instead of three, all that extra elonian leather for insignias is going to be more expensive and time-consuming to make.

Honestly, trying to accumulate ascended mats for six characters (soon to be seven) has been like trying to climb Mt. Olympus for the last year or so. It was already more of a multi-generational project than a long-term project. Now the goal posts have been moved, adding months more to the project. The is probably the least alt-friendly system in the game.

Damask Patches?

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

What cloth reduction. I still had to use 100 bolts of silk to craft my damask lol good job increasing leather consumption and keeping everything the same, resulting in net increase in ascended armor.

Damask Patches?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Yeah I’m not a fan of the changes overall especially with leather being added to an insignia instead of taking the place of a cloth. I knew they’d increase the amount of leather needed for crafting so I got them all converted before the expansion hit, giving me way more refined sections than if I had waited.