Dance Dance for 100 gold, Community Event.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Barrons.7290

Barrons.7290

Sick of farming for gold? wish you could dance for it… Go no further Jerricho Barrons is here to appease to your needs.

Starting when i post this i will be starting a community event where the winner will get 100 gold straight from my pocket into yours.
The event will run for exactly 2 weeks and end on the 13th of December (no i didnt plan this for Christmas event, been planning this since Halloween).

how can i enter???
Everyone can enter all you need is a character in gw2 and be able to record it and post it on youtube then post the link on This Thread, new videos only no old stuff made before event. (look below for judging criteria).
You can post multiple entries but we will only take the last one you posted as your official entry.

Judging criteria This is guidelines as to what we look for, not rules of entry.
Production Quality: video posted in 720p, widescreen/no black lines, graphics ingame at a reasonable level, UI hidden.
Scale: 10? 20? 50? 100!! The more you can get to dance the better.
Song Compatibility: Does your song suite the dance?
Originality: not just coping where the dances originated (putting party rock in the background while dancing as a human)
Multi racial: got all 5 races in your video? + + +

Useful hints and programs:
Hint: Lcrtl+Lshift+H hides the UI if you havent changed the hotkey

Hint: /Emote * will do a 5 second delay and make all players in the area that do the same command in sync.
Example: If me and another asura type /dance * we will do our dance in sync with each other after 5 seconds of the first person typing the command (if i do the /dance * any asura that does it in that 5 second period will start when i start).

Free Capture Softwere > http://download.cnet.com/windows/video-capture-software/?tag=mncol%3Bsort&rpp=10&sort=userRating+asc

Free Video Editing Software > http://webseasoning.com/technology/best-free-windows-video-editing-software/1079/#.ULixxuR19YM

How can i ask questions regarding the event???
You can post a reply here and i will try to answer it when i can or you can pm me ingame on my character Jerricho Barrons.

Why are you doing this?
Because i can :P

How many judges are there?
5 including me

Future events in coming months:
1v1 pvp tournament 150 gold prize pool
Find Jerricho Barrons 150 gold prize pool
Keep an eye out for future threads on more events

The Entries:
Icas- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgbZewMlgmA
pownguin- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iobZ_Cm8a8
Krew- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPvNIvRuu9c
Pochibella- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1KeAYdaMvA
Durzy- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbUcp6wk8iM
Kailtor- (up for fake entry once the judges watch it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5w1lauxkVA
Alexander – http://youtu.be/NeDIooCK4e4

And the winner of the 100 gold goes tooo…..
Krew.3081
Congratulations on the win, it was a very close competition with multiple entries in close competition for that winning spot.
In light of the close competition i will open up a 2nd place winners entry where you the community will vote for the 2nd place and 10gold be given to them. You can vote only once per account and it will go for 2 days, so if you didnt win nows the chance to spread the word for guildies/friends to vote for you to make some nice pocket money!!

You dont have 100g!?!?!
Bam!!

Attachments:

(edited by Barrons.7290)

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Do you possibly mean it will be running until the 13th of December? Because as of right now, you’re posting this 16 days past your own deadline.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Barrons.7290

opps my bad yes 13th of december :P

Posted by: Anne.6149

Anne.6149

oh my, you were serious about this? gets ready to be very entertained for my birthday

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Nothing suss…

:D

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Barrons.7290

Of course i was serious about this why wouldn’t i be? :P

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

I’m gonna bump this up to the front page cause even though it gives me a smaller chance to win I can see many more cool videos.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Barrons.7290

hehe thanks for the interest :P

The more competitors the better, gives me motivation to continue farming and do more events with larger gold prize pools.

Also if anyone wants to post this on the other language forums or anywhere really go right ahead.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Sounds like a neat idea for a competition. May need to install my new graphics card if I am to think about entering it.

Barrons.7290

:P 100 gold is a nice bag of coinage for doing nothing but making a video.

My next events will have 2nd and 3rd prizes, this is essentially a test one to see how it runs and how i can improve on my next events.

Barrons.7290

Forgive me for the double post, added useful hints which can help with doing dances ingame and also added links to sites that show a list of free software for capturing and editing. The choice is yours as to what one you want to use.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

The downside to the "scale" portion is potentially having to split the reward multiple ways. So go recruit people for your dancing, but don’t tell them about this contest. ;P

Barrons.7290

haha true that can happen :P. But im sure some of us are excellent negotiators

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Incoming stealth gold nerf :P

/dance will no longer make your character dance but he will drop to the ground, dead and a skritt comes running by stealing all the shiny gold coing you have in your pockets.

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

I was considering making a dance video… WOW YOU JUST CONVINCED ME.

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

How can I be sure you will keep your word?…

I will make the dance video, and I will entertain you like you have never been entertained before, BUT is there a guarantee that you will actually give those 100G?

Barrons.7290

none but my word, i posted the pic of the gold so its not like i dont have it. Just have to trust that i will give 100 gold to the winner.. Which i will of course.

Posted by: HunterFox.2578

HunterFox.2578

I always loved the gw1 dacing vids…looking foward to see everyones now!

Barrons.7290

exactly :P one of the reasons why i started this to get more funny and cool dance videos of gw2

Posted by: Anne.6149

Anne.6149

i’m looking forward to seeing what the creative minds of GW2 come up with for this competition. I really do hope it works out well so we can do other competitions as well great idea, Barrons.

Barrons.7290

A question to you all, do you want me to put forward a 2nd and 3rd place prize to boost the overall reward to 150 gold? or do you want me to start acquiring the gold for the next event?

The next event wont start till after Wintersday so we can fully enjoy it.

Posted by: mtdewaddict.6130

mtdewaddict.6130

For those of you wondering about the authenticity of the prize gold, I can say with certainty that the 100 gold will be rewarded to the winner. I’ve known the guy for a looooooooooooong time, and getting the prize money shouldn’t be a worry for anyone wanting to enter

Barrons.7290

Thanks for the vouch

Keep the word spreading the more entries the better.

Posted by: miseh.3508

miseh.3508

nice one barrons! great idea

Posted by: Kailtor.1573

Kailtor.1573

That’s a great idea for an event! I have an entry here I made with my guild and I hope you enjoy it! Also, there’s a guy named Swiss Knight or something or other who has been going around purporting to have created this video. Don’t listen to him, as it is totally my video. Hope you enjoy this video that I definitely created!

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

“Production Quality: video posted in 720p, widescreen/no black lines, graphics ingame at a reasonable level, UI hidden.”

So basically if you dont ahve a widescreen monitor (i dont, and i see no reason to get one, my monitor works fine), or a bad computer (though i do know some that dont have), your kittened, and no chance of winning?

Barrons.7290

“Production Quality: video posted in 720p, widescreen/no black lines, graphics ingame at a reasonable level, UI hidden.”

So basically if you dont ahve a widescreen monitor (i dont, and i see no reason to get one, my monitor works fine), or a bad computer (though i do know some that dont have), your kittened, and no chance of winning?

No you arent, as i said at the top of the judging criteria it is guidelines not rules :P

You can have the worst graphics and have it very low quality but if its one very well made video entertainment wise you can win outright.

Dont be discouraged by that

Posted by: Rivvien.8395

Rivvien.8395

Are any of your judges open to bribery?

Barrons.7290

nice try rivvie but no :P

Alos updated entry rules a little while talking to the judges, was ment it to be new videos only not ones made prior to the event. Kailtor’s entry is exempt as we didn’t have it in then.

10 more days left to enter so get those videos rolling

Posted by: Icas.3860

Icas.3860

Sooo… I made mine as quickly as possible so that I won’t be blamed for copying from another entry that uses similar ideas as mine.

Just a note: There are two “mature” words in the song, but they’re not used in a threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, or defamatory manner/context (especially in comparison to the “discussions” that appear elsewhere on these forums). If they become an issue, I’ll figure out some way to censor the song.

Other than that, I’m pretty busy for the next couple of weeks, so edits probably won’t be made. I’m pretty sure that I’m missing a couple of people from the cast I posted in the Youtube description, so that’s more likely to be updated through the week.

Designed to be watched in fullscreen. Sorry about jumps in quality; I’m not used to screen capture recording.

Also, this is supposed to be a random video for comedic purposes, so please don’t take it too seriously. I implied a couple of jokes, but they don’t reflect the opinions of the starring cast. There is no defined plot; imagine your own?

FUN FACTS:
1. No two characters in this video belong to the same account.
2. Every playable race is dancing at some point in the video!
3. There’s a scene for each of the three Orders.
4. Four of the five Capitals + Lion’s Arch are featured in the video.
5. Jokes throughout!

Charr Mesmer lvl80 – Borlis Pass – Leader of Paradigm Knights

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve never been a videographer. I’ll enjoy seeing the entries, though! And if anyone needs a dancer on Tarnished Coast, or even a troupe of dancers, give me a /tell or a game mail. I myself won’t ask for any prize money just for typing /dance * -grins- I might be able to persuade my guild to field more dancers, too, as we live to entertain.

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

How can I be sure you will keep your word?…

I will make the dance video, and I will entertain you like you have never been entertained before, BUT is there a guarantee that you will actually give those 100G?

Oh the prize will be given. I’ve known Barrons for a few years, he’s always been good at keeping his word.

Barrons.7290

Sooo… I made mine as quickly as possible so that I won’t be blamed for copying from another entry that uses similar ideas as mine.

Just a note: There are two “mature” words in the song, but they’re not used in a threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, or defamatory manner/context (especially in comparison to the “discussions” that appear elsewhere on these forums). If they become an issue, I’ll figure out some way to censor the song.

Other than that, I’m pretty busy for the next couple of weeks, so edits probably won’t be made. I’m pretty sure that I’m missing a couple of people from the cast I posted in the Youtube description, so that’s more likely to be updated through the week.

Designed to be watched in fullscreen. Sorry about jumps in quality; I’m not used to screen capture recording.

Also, this is supposed to be a random video for comedic purposes, so please don’t take it too seriously. I implied a couple of jokes, but they don’t reflect the opinions of the starring cast. There is no defined plot; imagine your own?

FUN FACTS:
1. No two characters in this video belong to the same account.
2. Every playable race is dancing at some point in the video!
3. There’s a scene for each of the three Orders.
4. Four of the five Capitals + Lion’s Arch are featured in the video.
5. Jokes throughout!

No need to worry about making it PG, didnt put it in the rules so you can use any material you like hope to see more entries remember 100 gold up for grabs for just making a dance video =3

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Sounds fun, can’t wait to see the entries

I loved these vids from GW1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NsX52Uh7Ts

haha :P

Barrons.7290

A reminder you can post multiple entries so you dont need to have your first one perfect, we will only take the last one you posted though as your official entry

Posted by: Durzy.5246

Durzy.5246

hello everybody! I’m excited to present my entry. I hope you enjoy it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbUcp6wk8iM

Barrons.7290

Thanks for the entry keep em coming

Posted by: shindoras.3641

shindoras.3641

Respect! Not for giving away 100g. For creating a nice content for bunches of players. Hope you get lots of participation ;=)

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

December 13th! arghhh i dont have enough time >_<
still very nice of you to do this

Barrons.7290

You dont need to make the perfect video :P it would of been longer but i dont want to go into windersday.

Posted by: Sanarian.9614

Sanarian.9614

I’m glad to see your event is garnering attention, Barrons, hopefully you can get more entries and keep this up in the future.

Sanarian [ME] | Thief | Blackgate

Posted by: Krew.3081

Krew.3081

Awesome stuff, can’t wait to see more.

Barrons.7290

Well its totally up to the community to keep me motivated to do more events :P

Gold doesnt grow on trees so i work my behind off to farm it for these

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

This is a great idea and I am planning my Off-Broadway (WAY off Broadway!) production! It has been a really long time since I made a video. I am trying to decide on a song…..

Be back later! Have a lot to do!

Barrons.7290

cant wait to see your vid

Also 5 days left, if you have ever thought about doing a vid for this dont hesitate now, 100 gold up for grabs for the winner

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

Ok, here is my entry. My husband and I like to do jumping puzzles so we revisited a few of our favorites. I actually made 3 videos and my husband, children and father chose this one as the one they liked best. Hope you all like it as well! (The other 2 videos are there if you want to take a look but this one is my “official” entry! :P )

(edited by Pochibella.8394)

Barrons.7290

=D thanks for the awesome entry i really loved all the scenery from the jumping puzzles

Krew.3081

That’s a great idea for an event! I have an entry here I made with my guild and I hope you enjoy it! Also, there’s a guy named Swiss Knight or something or other who has been going around purporting to have created this video. Don’t listen to him, as it is totally my video. Hope you enjoy this video that I definitely created!

I thought you aren’t aloud to use past videos? This video has been on youtube since August.

Barrons.7290

I thought you aren’t aloud to use past videos? This video has been on youtube since August.

We didnt have that rule in when that person put in there entry as it was a slight oversight on my part >.< so i talked to the other judges and we found that it would be unfair to dismiss that entry because of my oversight.

Krew.3081

Hi everyone. This is my submission to the contest!
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks.
Guild:Supply And Demand.

Hope you all enjoy we put a LOT of work into it!