Dark Matter sink?

Dark Matter sink?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

This is just a small idea i had, but, maybe some new weapon recipes using Dark Matter? I for one would love to see something like The Anomaly in a sort of “Black Hole” version of itself, using the same recipe, but replace the Ectoplasm with Dark Matter.

Dark Matter sink?

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Would be great if we had more “need” for these things.. they’re just gathering in my bank doing nothing.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Dark Matter sink?

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

just make ascended insignias or inscriptions and sell those

Dark Matter sink?

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

How about this?

250 ectos = pink (like now)
250 t3 mist essences from fractals = green anomaly
250 time essences = grey/blue anomaly
250 dark matter = black anomaly
250 legendary luck essences = white anomaly
250 dragonite bars = yellow anomaly
250 bloodstone bricks = red anomaly
250 empyreal stars = royal blue anomaly

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Dark Matter sink?

SakuraJD.4720

How about this?

250 ectos = pink (like now)
250 t3 mist essences from fractals = green anomaly
250 time essences = grey/blue anomaly
250 dark matter = black anomaly
250 legendary luck essences = white anomaly
250 dragonite bars = yellow anomaly
250 bloodstone bricks = red anomaly
250 empyreal stars = royal blue anomaly

kinda fun, though some of those items are harder to get than ecto, like TONS harder…. like T3 mist essences :p but this is a fun idea, too. come on ANet, give us a Black Hole focus… maybe call it “The Event Horizon”

Dark Matter sink?

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Yes some of them are harder to get than others, but that is what would make some colors more special than others…

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Dark Matter sink?

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Why does it have to adapt already existing weapons?

New mystic forge weapons requiring 30-50 Dark Matter would be better IMHO. But would have to be account bound on acquire, because the material is just that.

Like, dark smoke effect opaque weapons would be amazing. Maybe like the Chaos Weapons but black.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Dark Matter sink?

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I wish I had the problem of too much dark matter. lol. I can’t get enough of it.

However, that being said, it would be nice if there were a few sinks for items like this. Sinks or a vendor for trading them.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Dark Matter sink?

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Yup, it’s about 10-15g profit each if you know what you’re doing.

New mystic forge weapons requiring 30-50 Dark Matter would be better IMHO. But would have to be account bound on acquire, because the material is just that.

Like, dark smoke effect opaque weapons would be amazing. Maybe like the Chaos Weapons but black.

There are already tons of stuff out there that require account or soulbound stuff which produce non-account/non-soulbound items. Ascended insignias/inscriptions/food…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Dark Matter sink?

Haleydawn.3764

There are already tons of stuff out there that require account or soulbound stuff which produce non-account/non-soulbound items. Ascended insignias/inscriptions/food…

Some people don’t want/need anymore ascended items, so having another sink for Dark Matter would be great spent on introducing new weapon recipes for the Mystic Forge. Whether you think that being able to craft those items to make gold is an option, other people would like other cosmetic things for there efforts instead of 50g. Because not everyone likes to craft, but everyone likes having skins.

The question wasn’t what to do with excess Dark Matter, but to have another personal use for it.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Dark Matter sink?

SakuraJD.4720

Some people don’t want/need anymore ascended items, so having another sink for Dark Matter would be great spent on introducing new weapon recipes for the Mystic Forge. Whether you think that being able to craft those items to make gold is an option, other people would like other cosmetic things for there efforts instead of 50g. Because not everyone likes to craft, but everyone likes having skins.

The question wasn’t what to do with excess Dark Matter, but to have another personal use for it.

Precisely! i mean i could easily go for some money. it’s true, i need some more, im tryign to make another legendary.. but blah! more money farms?! i would love to see more skins, especially crafted ones. so yeah, some form of like Dark Matter skin set from using dark matter in the forge would be a fun alternative, especially if they end up being account bound, because then it gives you a bit of exclusivity.

Dark Matter sink?

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You do know that you can turn gold into cosmetic items in GW2 right? I see no real reason for having exclusive skins crafted from dark matter in addition to the ascended weapons.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Dark Matter sink?

SakuraJD.4720

You do know that you can turn gold into cosmetic items in GW2 right? I see no real reason for having exclusive skins crafted from dark matter in addition to the ascended weapons.

Your argument is valid, but i still want it~

Dark Matter sink?

Haleydawn.3764

Not everyone who gets Dark Matter wants Ascended gear, yet everyone gets Dark Matter.
My point is, why not, have Mystic Forge recipes requiring Dark Matter for more skins, since it’s harder to get than ectos, there’s the ‘exclusive’ factor.

Kitten.