Dark Reverie almost impossible

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Just to test this out, a bunch of us (30 people) from my guild all went to do this at once (one extra person stayed below for revives). After 7 full wipes trying to reach the tilted lillipad, 1 person made it purely by chance. This is ridiculous. The jump needs to be adjusted so it is more doable. Hard it one thing, but 1/240, where the 1 can’t even explain what they did OR duplicate the doing of it, is not.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

theres loads of you tube videos on how to do it, its really not that difficult, but it pays to patiently clear mobs on way

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Aramil Amakiir.8502

Aramil Amakiir.8502

Try jumping to the base of the stem holding the tilted mushroom up. It’s way easier.

[PORT] Tyrian Mystical Tours – Making jumping optional since 1329 AE

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Not everything should be able to be done mindlessly. Take your time, look around for a better way to do things, and keep trying. You should fail sometimes. I’ve done this puzzle multiple times and think it is great.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Ah yes, the infamous Shroom of Doom. And Aramil has your answer; trying to jump directly onto the tilted shroom itself is a trap. The correct route is to jump onto the STEM of that mushroom, and then jumping from that onto to the cap. Just be careful not to overshoot the stem jump.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Yeah, like they said above, you don’t jump to the shroom but to the branch below and even that can be a death trap too.

Personally, I think its a bit of a joke on Anets part, you finish the tree puzzle (if the tree is alive at the time), and most people (like myself years ago) accidentally stumbled upon this second JP, there was maybe 2 videos on it at the time. But you go from light, to dark, to light again to DEATH right at the end. Anyone who’s done it feels your pain.

There used to be a very well paid group of mesmers stationed there, if you can’t hit the branch, ask map if anyone is there for a port.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Just to test this out, a bunch of us (30 people) from my guild all went to do this at once (one extra person stayed below for revives). After 7 full wipes trying to reach the tilted lillipad, 1 person made it purely by chance. This is ridiculous. The jump needs to be adjusted so it is more doable. Hard it one thing, but 1/240, where the 1 can’t even explain what they did OR duplicate the doing of it, is not.

I had a lot of trouble with that one originally, until I learned some new jumping techniques. Some of the Dark Reverie videos slow it down so you can learn what those are.

Now that I’ve learned those techniques, when I rand Dark Reverie two weeks ago, I actually forgot why I used to think that particular jump was so difficult — I had more trouble near the earlier part of that final climb.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I have never made it on the tilted part of the shroom though I have seen folks do it and seemingly easily enough. Jumping on the stem below is the best way though you have to judge that jump carefully. It looks as though you cannot get up on top but you can very easily once you are there. If you fall you can glide (if you have that) down to a portion of the vine and work your way back up again. For me that was the worst part of the whole puzzle. If you are careful about clearing out mobs and mortars as you go and take your time it is doable.

This jumping puzzle was one I put off until nearly last for jumping puzzle completion because of that danged tilted shroom but after watching the videos to see where to position myself for the jump and where to try to land I got it.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Jumping to the stem is trivially easy if you line yourself up at the closest to perpendicular angle possible. That way, you’ll have a lot of stem between falling short and overshooting.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve done every jumping puzzle in the game, many of them multiple times, and I think Dark Reverie might actually be the one I find hardest. That jump is definitely the hardest part of the puzzle.

But it is just a matter of knowing the trick to it. Once you know where to aim for its relatively simple, although extremely frustrating if you make a mistake.

But I don’t think it needs changing.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

People were saying in map chat, you can glide. It’s disabled, so don’t get your hopes up.

I hadn’t attempted this one in so long because I had no need to, but it’s relatively easy NOW. Possibly because I died numerous times before and was expecting rage. On the other hand, people just discovering this one will have a different opinion of it.

Either way, I can agree that of all the JPs, this one is in the top 3 of annoying.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

1) that troll shroom where you ahve to jump on the stem
2) ground target AoE skills are useful because the angles can cause some ranged attacks to be obstructed making it very difficult to get rid of the turrets
3) WTB some Agent Orange … the leaves can get in the way in some places so zooming in can be useful, this also applies to the JP at Sleive’s Inlet as well
4) have someone stay on the floor level in case of falls …

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

There is only one jump on it that I would even call “tricky”. But, since it is about 70% of the way up, missing the landing is certain death with gliding disabled. Assuming everyone is falling on the same jump I imagine (where I see most people fall from all the time) the key to the jump is not to try jumping straight at the mushroom, but jumping just to the left edge of it and strafe right to land on it. I haven’t had any issues with it doing that.

I’m guessing people are trying to get to the Tiger’s Den at the top. So if you are absolutely stuck on it, and have no alternatives left, hit me up in game and I’ll port you.
I am online a bunch, but AFK often as I have a 2 year old.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Nope, far from “almost impossible”. That one jump is, indeed, tricky. But once you learn how to do it, it’s fairly simple to remember how to get it again and again. It really helps if you’re on a necro and can use Spectral Walk before jumping and Spectral Recall to save yourself if you miss the jump to the branch behind the mushroom.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

lol i heard the jump on the stem tip for myself only the other day and it is sooooooooo much easier, probably even the way it is intended to be done. I had just been assuming since I did eventually manage to be able to jump to the top of the shroom most times that since it was clearly possible it was the way you are supposed to do it.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Khisanth.2948

lol i heard the jump on the stem tip for myself only the other day and it is sooooooooo much easier, probably even the way it is intended to be done. I had just been assuming since I did eventually manage to be able to jump to the top of the shroom most times that since it was clearly possible it was the way you are supposed to do it.

Hmm I wonder if you can bypass that with rifle #5 on engineer or similar.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Ah yes, the infamous Shroom of Doom. And Aramil has your answer; trying to jump directly onto the tilted shroom itself is a trap. The correct route is to jump onto the STEM of that mushroom, and then jumping from that onto to the cap. Just be careful not to overshoot the stem jump.

I jump directly on to the shroom every single time. You just have to angle your jump so you land on the lowest part of the mushroom.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

As others have said, the stem is the safe jump and seems to be the intended way to actually do the jump unless you enjoy falling to your death repeatedly.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

30 people and nobody googled the jump? I noticed something was strange the 3rd time I died trying… then a quick internet search shamed me with the ovbious Jump on the Stem trick. It was right there, biting me, and I have been unable to see it…

Dark Reverie is a walk through the park when compared with Skipping Stones or Not So Secret. A bit unnerving, maybe, but not hard at all.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

All I can picture is a bunch of lemmings lol. Hopefully you guys were at least smart about it and left a mesmer at the top to port you guys back up each time you wiped.

I think the first time I missed that jump going for the cap, then I decided to try the stem and got up no problem. Surprised in 7 attempts with 30 people that not one person even attempted this…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I am pretty much the worst JP player in all of GW2, and I did it after about 10 tries. If I can do it anyone can.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

30 people and nobody googled the jump?

I’m not really all that surprised by this based on what I have experienced in game. Most players will follow the lead of someone else without questioning it. The most recent example that I saw being with Chak Gerent.

For the OP, I always jumped on the stem as the mushroom itself was always hit or miss.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

We were intentionally doing it without looking it up. Philosophy of the subgroup in the guild that did this is “I should be able to play the game without looking up a guide for everything.” And a few people did try for the stem but missed it so we disregarded that solution.

Khisanth.2948

30 people and nobody googled the jump? I noticed something was strange the 3rd time I died trying… then a quick internet search shamed me with the ovbious Jump on the Stem trick. It was right there, biting me, and I have been unable to see it…

Dark Reverie is a walk through the park when compared with Skipping Stones or Not So Secret. A bit unnerving, maybe, but not hard at all.

The JP part of Not So Secret is fairly easy. You are probably thinking of the diving spot.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Nah, I’m thinking on landing on those narrow tall spikes when the springs send you flying up.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks