Dash/leap and condition changes [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

So much QQ. Best would be , if anet root your targets in plce, for 5 min or so, so you get free time to kill it. Coz, mobile targets are hard to kill.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Why were posts that expressed concern for these changes merged into the “I really like the dash/leap changes. [merged]” thread?

That’s pretty one-sided, isn’t_it? If we’re going to merge these discussions, shouldn’t there just be one topic with a more neutral name? Rather than an “I like” topic (with posts merged into it that dislike the changes?) and a handful of “I don’t like it” topics floating around?

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

Why were posts that expressed concern for these changes merged into the “I really like the dash/leap changes. [merged]” thread?

That’s pretty one-sided, isn’t_it? If we’re going to merge these discussions, shouldn’t there just be one topic with a more neutral name? Rather than an “I like” topic (with posts merged into it that dislike the changes?) and a handful of “I don’t like it” topics floating around?

There are plenty of opinions against dash changes in this thread… This is not a “Wow, Thx Arenanet for this feature” thread, its a discussion to talk about how wrong/right are the upcoming changes related to leap skills, and that title hides that in a pretty convenient way -__-

I want to think it is just a mistake from the forum mod who did the merge…

BTW, there is a similar thread on reddit. You guys should check it too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/39ceo6/i_hope_anet_reconsiders_the_change_to_movement/

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

If anything they should change the title to something like “Leap Changes Discussion” or “Dash Feedback” or something. It’s pretty ridiculous like this.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

I don’t like the changes, and no it’s not intuitive that a person with ‘cripple’ can leap just as far in his normal state.

Taking away active mechanics almost always bad.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

Idk about you guys, but if I took an arrow to the knee I couldn’t walk very well, nor could I easily jump.
Really cold outside, I cramp up, can’t run nor jump very well.
I can jump much further from a sprint, than I can standing still or from a walk.

I see no reason whatsoever for these changes, it goes against simple plain logic.

Not to mention counterplay, or rewarding those who can combine boons and leaps.

“making the game easier to understand” by going against logic.

Posted by: illtill.5014

illtill.5014

Normalizing system allows them to do proper balance on skills and traits.

So put me in the OP is wrong about everybody not liking it.
I like it.

How far do you go on normalizing? Where is that line? Where do you stop before you have a bunch of people running around hitting each other with the same 1 skill because it was too hard to balance variety?

Are we really going to go down the slippery slope line of logical fallacy to make your post appear correct or is this just a string of rhetorical questions for the sake of appearing intelligent when the answer is right in front of you ?

This is the emptiest possible reply. You’re basically saying “I am smarter than you”.

He makes a valid point, asks you a (valid) question and you don’t answer it, but instead tell him that he’s dumb. Pretty pathetic.

Yes, how far do you want to go to make balancing easier? How much skilled play do you want to remove to balance the game? Who do you want to balance it for? Because some people have no clue how stuff works, you just remove that funcionality? It’s ridiculous.

This is a really really bad change. At least these skills need to be affected by movement imparing conditions.

Jade Arkadian.9280

I like it.

How far do you go on normalizing? Where is that line? Where do you stop before you have a bunch of people running around hitting each other with the same 1 skill because it was too hard to balance variety?

Are we really going to go down the slippery slope line of logical fallacy to make your post appear correct or is this just a string of rhetorical questions for the sake of appearing intelligent when the answer is right in front of you ?

Lol, this meme just poped in my head. I’m ok (but not agree) with people who likes and supports the movement skill nerf, but at least care to elaborate some argument when posting in a discussion thread.

Attachments:

(edited by Jade Arkadian.9280)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

tl;dr the other 2.5 pages so…

I’m dubious of the change. I can see why it was done, for making the skills more reliable, but as someone I read from pointed out, it removes Cripple and Chill as counter-play for those abilities.

And it’s not just a PvP issue. Mobility became more important coming toward HoT. …Well, I for one welcome our new Teragriff overlords. (Hyperbole, but that charge needs as many counters as it can get. -_-)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

How about distance stays the same, but the movement time to complete the move slows down under cripple/chill?

Then the movement distance is consistent and the effects of cripple and chill still mean something. Program a few new animations to handle it or slow down the current animations. Quickness and swiftness can modify the speed on the animation in a positive direction as well.

The goal of the change was to make the movement distance consistent, so this would still be consistent with the stated goal. It would also address the legitimate concern that this (as interpreted by players reading the dev post) would effectively negate the effects of cripple or chill for classes with multiple movement abilities that suddenly would move at normal speed away from the starting point.

It is also possible that my suggestion is the actual implementation being discussed and that players are misinterpreting “same distance” to mean “same speed.” It would still move players with cripple/chill farther, but chill and cripple would have a significant impact in terms of whether or not the ability allowed a player to escape.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

How about distance stays the same, but the movement time to complete the move slows down under cripple/chill?

Then the movement distance is consistent and the effects of cripple and chill still mean something. Program a few new animations to handle it or slow down the current animations. Quickness and swiftness can modify the speed on the animation in a positive direction as well.

The goal of the change was to make the movement distance consistent, so this would still be consistent with the stated goal. It would also address the legitimate concern that this (as interpreted by players reading the dev post) would effectively negate the effects of cripple or chill for classes with multiple movement abilities that suddenly would move at normal speed away from the starting point.

It is also possible that my suggestion is the actual implementation being discussed and that players are misinterpreting “same distance” to mean “same speed.” It would still move players with cripple/chill farther, but chill and cripple would have a significant impact in terms of whether or not the ability allowed a player to escape.

As far as I know, you are still crippled or chilled when you come out of the animation so there still is some counter play. Speed boost don’t affect these anymore either so you are also reducing the ability to escape. Seeing the amount of chill the new Necro specialization can spam I am not surprised Anet brought this change.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

I would like to inform everybody new to this thread about its history, as I feel many people may be rightfully confused by the content compared to the title and first post. The original thread containing the vast majority of the responses you see here was actually headed with the title “nobody likes the dash changes.” This thread was largely a bash on the changes. This was later merged into a 0 reply dead thread which is now the first post, saying “I like the changes.” Why the latter was chosen to be the OP instead of the former, accompanied by a title change leading to this confusing situation, can only be for reasons that would probably get this post deleted for speculating at, but suffice it to say that the first post and title are entirely misrepresentative of the thread due to the specifics of a merge.

Anyways, I hope this clears up some things for you guys just coming in.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I need official clarification on whether or not the time it takes to do a dash will be affected even if the intended distance is not or has it been taken into consideration?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I guess a lot of people only look at things from one angle.

1. Dashes and leap can be used to chase as well as escape.
2. Professions that are good at disengaging (thief, mesmer) use things like teleports and stealth, which are not effected by this change.
3. While a mobility specced warrior (gs / s+wh) will get a slight buff from this change, A] they are pretty uncatchable as they are currently, so this change will not affect things that much, and B] other not so mobile profs will now gain from this (which is a good thing).

This change is so minor, and doesn’t really impact anything by a noticable amount. I really don’t understand why people are crying so hard about this. Players can dash further from their enemies, but you can also dash further towards the fleeing foe.

Two conditions will not be quite as effective as they are now, but the negative impact will be very minor. A thief, mesmer or warrior can already make cripple feel useless, I really don’t think this change will be that noticable in this regard.

I need official clarification on whether or not the time it takes to do a dash will be affected even if the intended distance is not or has it been taken into consideration?

I suspect the animation will only be effected when you are under the efdect of Slow. Cripple and chill do not change the skill animation, and I doubt that will be any different with the upcoming change.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Linnael.1069

I guess a lot of people only look at things from one angle.

1. Dashes and leap can be used to chase as well as escape.
2. Professions that are good at disengaging (thief, mesmer) use things like teleports and stealth, which are not effected by this change.
3. While a mobility specced warrior (gs / s+wh) will get a slight buff from this change, A] they are pretty uncatchable as they are currently, so this change will not affect things that much, and B] other not so mobile profs will now gain from this (which is a good thing).

This change is so minor, and doesn’t really impact anything by a noticable amount. I really don’t understand why people are crying so hard about this. Players can dash further from their enemies, but you can also dash further towards the fleeing foe.

Two conditions will not be quite as effective as they are now, but the negative impact will be very minor. A thief, mesmer or warrior can already make cripple feel useless, I really don’t this change will be that noticable in this regard.

I don’t get how you failed so hard to see the actual consequences.

This isn’t a class balance thing. This is at a higher level than that. Chill is losing alot of power and cripple is effectively useless for kiting now. So when you’re making a build, be it a warrior build or a necro build, it will now always be a better option to take whatever mobility you can grab rather than invest in lockdown conditions. There’s won’t be a decision to be made about whether you want to be good at keeping people with you in a long fight or whether you want to be good at getting between fights faster. It’s just pack as many leaps as you can or you’re kitten out of luck.

Then you get to the problem where any class or build that doesn’t have the option to bring leaps is just flat out less viable. “you can also dash further towards the fleeing foe” don’t make me laugh. Tell that kitten to a necro mes or guardian.

Even if you’re running the exact same build, why should the guy running away from you get to dictate how the fight goes? He isn’t kittening throwing cripples and chills behind him, and the guy winning the fight isn’t the one that’s benefiting from spending 20 seconds casting leap skills over and over to stay in range.

Balanced gameplay would be where the dash user has to use his dashes smartly to gain distance and work with condi removal/dodges, and there is an equal option to outplay him with cover conditions and timed chills/cripples.

Balanced gameplay does NOT look like mobility being so kitten strong that everybody just has to pack on as many leaps as possible.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I like the in-combat changes for chill/cripple not changing how your weapon skills function.

I do not like in any way whatsoever the out of combat swiftness doesn’t let me go father.

I guess they don’t want to trivialize the use of hang gliders by engineers (and others) super speed rocket booting from one side to the other in the new maps where you would otherwise need to use the hang glider in order to get from point A to point B.

I don’t think it’s about keeping us from mountain goating (which this will do) but making it so that the new maps stay fair for everyone.

I still don’t like the swiftness change.

(edited by khani.4786)

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I think this change is your typical necro hate product.

They give us a slow hitting weapon that chills, and everybody else the chance to disengage even more effectively.

It would be fine if they applied this sort of balance ideas to every other proffesiion, except they don’t. As a result, necros end up sucking big time.

Julie Yann.5379

Speaking from a WvW warrior perspective, this doesn’t change much except for adding more build diversity. No need to spec Dogged March, lemongrass, Mel/Hoelbrak to remain mobile.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

There are plenty of opinions against dash changes in this thread… This is not a “Wow, Thx Arenanet for this feature” thread, its a discussion to talk about how wrong/right are the upcoming changes related to leap skills, and that title hides that in a pretty convenient way -__-

Yes, that’s why I recommended that the thread title change. And, look, (as if by some sort of magic) it is now changed!

Jade Arkadian.9280

Yes, that’s why I recommended that the thread title change. And, look, (as if by some sort of magic) it is now changed!

Yep, someone is watching us from the shadows… Kinda creepy :S

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Chill and Cripple at the only conditions an ele has to keep an enemy in their d/d radius. This is just another buff to ranger, thiefs and wariors that ends up being a nerf to classes relying on cripple and chill, mostly necros and eles. I’m totally against it, really bad idea.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I haven’t spoken with a single person ingame that looks forward to any of the changes outlined yesterday aside from the wallet ones.

This includes twitch chat, guildmates and friends, and LFG pug groups.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I haven’t spoken with a single person ingame that looks forward to any of the changes outlined yesterday aside from the wallet ones.

This includes twitch chat, guildmates and friends, and LFG pug groups.

Considering condition stacking is something many, many people have asked for, a lot of us are looking forward to at least a few of these changes.

The movement changes I’m wary of, though. That change in mobility is going to be a big shift in wvw/pvp.

Now, bring on the trait change!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I feel the balance in regards to locking players down with conditions and players being able to escape is really balanced as it is (with the exception of the broken condition duration food which I think should be nerfed or removed from the game entirely). This change will make certain classes unkillable and other classes unable to kill.

… I still want tengu.

Linnael.1069

Speaking from a WvW warrior perspective, this doesn’t change much except for adding more build diversity. No need to spec Dogged March, lemongrass, Mel/Hoelbrak to remain mobile.

Yes, we all agree its a flat out buff to warrior roaming. 2 problems here.

1: Warriors don’t need a roaming buff, while other low mobility professions do. This change does the exact opposite.

2: No change of any sort should reduce the skill cap and depth of play in the game. If Anet really wants to buff warriors they should find a better way to do it.

Melandrugrass itself is already a poorly designed mechanic because it depends on meta-level counters. If you don’t have +condi-duration% on your setup already, then you have flat out 0 options to do anything about it once you get into the fight.

If this change goes through not only would it bring the same poor design to every dash with no investment necessary, but it would be even less counterable because it just flat out ignores conditions no matter how much +duration you have. This change only furthers the kind of disengage/re-engage gameplay that is so boring to play and encounter.

Posted by: Altosk.8492

Altosk.8492

THIS MIGHT BE A UNPOPULAR IDEA AND I SPEAK FOR NO ONE BUT MYSELF. This is just a idea of how to balance out high and low mobile professions along with chill and cripple being ignored by mobility skills so please keep a open mind.

I personally think gw2 mobility is a little over the top in terms of how much ground certain professions can cover vs others. It’s nice to have the high mobility when running around maps and open PVE but when it comes down to PvP and W3 I don’t think any profession should be able to significantly outrun any other profession. Reducing the ability for a class to go from melee range to 1200+ units away from you in a second or two might make combat more engaging, challenging especially for low/non mobile classes who can’t chase after them and especially now that chill and cripple will be ignored. Also I think bringing the higher mobile professions down and more in line with the least mobile professions might also reduce some of the lower mobile professions needs for more mobility skills. This is just a example of what time talking about, the number I supplied are just off the top of my head and again it’s just an idea.

Example of Mobility Changes

Engineer

• Jump Shot: Reduce range from 700 to 500.
  • Rocket Boots: Reduce Rocket Distance from 900 to 350 and range from 600 to 350.

Guardian

• Leap of Faith: Reduce range from 600 to 500.
  • Flashing Blade: Reduce range from 600 to 500.
  • Judge’s Intervention: Reduce range from 1200 to 700.
  • Merciful Intervention: Reduce range from 1200 to 700.

Ranger

• Monarch’s Leap: Reduce range from 600 to 400
  • Swoop: Reduce range from 1100 to 500.
  • Lightning Reflexes: Reduce range from 700 to 600.
  • Dart: Reduce range from 900 to 600.

Thief

• Heartseeker: Reduce range from 450 to 350.
  • Infiltrator’s Arrow: Reduce range from 900 to 500.
  • Infiltrator’s Signet: Reduce range from 900 to 700.
  • Infiltrator’s Strike: Reduce range from 600 to 500.
  • Ink Shot: Reduce range from 1200 to 600.
  • Shadow Shot: Reduce range from 900 to 600.
  • Shadow Strike: Reduce distance from 600 to 500.
  • Shadow Step: Reduce range from 1200 to 700.
  • Shadow Return: Reduce range from 1200 to 700.
  • Escape: Reduce range from 1200 to 600.

Warrior

• Savage Leap: Reduce range from 600 to 500.
  • Rush: Reduce range from 1200 to 500.

Elementalist

• Ride the Lightning: Reduce range from 1200 to 500.
  • Magnetic Leap: Reduce range from 900 to 500.
  • Tidal Wave: Reduce range from 90 to 600.
  • Burning Retreat: Reduce range from 650 to 500.
  • Air Pocket: Reduce range from 1200 to 600.
  • Lightning Flash: Reduce range from 900 to 650.

Necromancer

• Dark Path: Range is 1200. (I left this unchanged because this is their only real mobility skill).

Mesmer

• Phase Retreat: Reduce range from 1200 to 500.
  • Swap(Illusionary Leap): Reduce range from 600 to 500.
  • Feigned Surge: Reduce range from 900 to 600
  • Blink: Reduce range from 900 to 700.

Thoughts?

WTB Color Blind Mode 100g+50e

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

I think this change is a good thing.

Right now, cripple and chill are in a binary state. They don’t have depth; if a target has cripple or chill, they move slower for everything except teleports. There’s no counterplay to that. If you can keep a target slowed and they can’t cleanse it off, then they have no way of dealing with it..

I am confused OP. Isn’t the ability to cleanse, convert, or transfer the condition counter play?

Moreover, wouldn’t the ability to leap at maximum distance and ignore all such snares lack any such counter play that you so passionately defend? You are basically saying that snares should be countered by cleanses, conversion, transfers, leaps, teleports and -duration.

I think you are wrong, and so are the devs. Counter play already exists.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Don’t know why people fail to see that they can’t use swiftness to increases the dash distance too. Overall it’s a nerf to regular Warrior who doesn’t get affected by chill and cripple. Not to mention if they’re playing shoutbow, cripple or chill would not stay on them anyway due to their numerous cleanse and dodge march. Now they actually escape SLOWER than before.

It also benefit alot of classes that don’t have access to many cripple and chill, and help them able to catch Warrior more easily (like power LB ranger are more likely to catch Warrior post patch)

Linnael.1069

To be fair the devs aren’t exactly removing counterplay, they’re just switching it around. Now dashes will counter movement impairing conditions instead of the other way. The problem isn’t that counterplay is getting removed, its that stacking mobility already has very few counters and chill/cripple already have alot of counters. The change only exacerbates that, which is going in exactly the opposite of the right direction.

Nobody is failing to see that swiftness won’t apply. The problem is that the “regular warrior who doesn’t get affected by chill and cripple” shouldn’t exist against good players but does against terrible ones. Anybody depending on conditions to stay engaged is going to invest in those and use them smartly. This change just punishes good play while benefiting those that play at the lowest level.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

To be fair the devs aren’t exactly removing counterplay, they’re just switching it around. Now dashes will counter movement impairing conditions instead of the other way. The problem isn’t that counterplay is getting removed, its that stacking mobility already has very few counters and chill/cripple already have alot of counters. The change only exacerbates that, which is going in exactly the opposite of the right direction.

Nobody is failing to see that swiftness won’t apply. The problem is that the “regular warrior who doesn’t get affected by chill and cripple” shouldn’t exist against good players but does against terrible ones. Anybody depending on conditions to stay engaged is going to invest in those and use them smartly. This change just punishes good play while benefiting those that play at the lowest level.

Let’s wait and see.
My WvW roaming ranger will have alot of fun post patch because most of them wil escape slower through dash/leap, while you guys keep on imagining it’d be tougher to catch Warrior. If you can’t catch it pre-patch in WvW, chances are you’re not going to catch it post patch either. Chill? Cripple? they just all get converted to swiftness through Warhorn 4, which further increases their escape ability pre-patch. They most likely have dodged march + holbrek +-40% condition food, making them almost immune to chill and cripple anyway. I’m really starting to think the complainers are actually Warrior main who knew they’re getting a nerf.

Not to mention during big-scale wvw fight, swiftness are usually permanent while chill/cripple are almost none existent.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Jade Arkadian.9280

THIS MIGHT BE A UNPOPULAR IDEA AND I SPEAK FOR NO ONE BUT MYSELF. This is just a idea of how to balance out high and low mobile professions along with chill and cripple being ignored by mobility skills so please keep a open mind.

I personally think gw2 mobility is a little over the top in terms of how much ground certain professions can cover vs others. It’s nice to have the high mobility when running around maps and open PVE but when it comes down to PvP and W3 I don’t think any profession should be able to significantly outrun any other profession. Reducing the ability for a class to go from melee range to 1200+ units away from you in a second or two might make combat more engaging, challenging especially for low/non mobile classes who can’t chase after them and especially now that chill and cripple will be ignored. Also I think bringing the higher mobile professions down and more in line with the least mobile professions might also reduce some of the lower mobile professions needs for more mobility skills. This is just a example of what time talking about, the number I supplied are just off the top of my head and again it’s just an idea.

Example of Mobility Changes

[…bla bla bla…]

Thoughts?

Thats pretty much rendering useless any movement, blink and shadowstep skill and way worse that whats been planned for the update.

Completely out of the table.

Linnael.1069

Let’s wait and see.
My WvW roaming ranger will have alot of fun post patch because most of them wil escape slower through dash/leap, while you guys keep on imagining it’d be tougher to catch Warrior. If you can’t catch it pre-patch in WvW, chances are you’re not going to catch it post patch either. Chill? Cripple? they just all get converted to swiftness through Warhorn 4, which further increases their escape ability pre-patch. They most likely have dodged march + holbrek +-40% condition food, making them almost immune to chill and cripple anyway. I’m really starting to think the complainers are actually Warrior main who knew they’re getting a nerf.

Not to mention during big-scale wvw fight, swiftness are usually permanent while chill/cripple are almost none existent.

Lol you run into alot of shoutbow warriors roaming with melandrugrass rite? Plz. The condi immune build is kitten anyways and everybody around knows how to deal with it by now.

We were good enough to catch warriors before by slotting in our 1/2s and 3/4s of chill into their rushes and whatnot. after the change it won’t matter if you’re good enough to time stuff well or not, they’ll just keep sprinting away anyway. Honestly from the way you’re talking about never using disables and just spamming your own mobility to keep up, it sounds like you don’t even understand that the balancing point here is mobility vs. disables, not mobility vs. more mobility.

Julie Yann.5379

1: Warriors don’t need a roaming buff, while other low mobility professions do. This change does the exact opposite.

2: No change of any sort should reduce the skill cap and depth of play in the game. If Anet really wants to buff warriors they should find a better way to do it.

Melandrugrass itself is already a poorly designed mechanic because it depends on meta-level counters. If you don’t have +condi-duration% on your setup already, then you have flat out 0 options to do anything about it once you get into the fight.

If this change goes through not only would it bring the same poor design to every dash with no investment necessary, but it would be even less counterable because it just flat out ignores conditions no matter how much +duration you have. This change only furthers the kind of disengage/re-engage gameplay that is so boring to play and encounter.

If these changes go through nothing will change cause we are already quasi immune to all of it so technically speaking it isn’t a buff. As far as I know, you are still afflicted by the condition once your leap is done so your conditions are not useless and will still slow us down. The benefit is we aren’t locked into using 1 trait and a runes set anymore and Anet finally have the ability balance our mobility without breaking it.

You guys keep complaining about counterplay to our mobility but what about counterplay against frost spamming. Melee builds without teleports get completely shut down by these and there is nothing they can do but get kited to death.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I like it.

Lol, this meme just poped in my head. I’m ok (but not agree) with people who likes and supports the movement skill nerf, but at least care to elaborate some argument when posting in a discussion thread.

These kinds of ‘discussions’ make me laugh heartily to no end. Everyone thinking they know what they’re talking about, because they know the game best, and this or that will absolutely happen!!!! YARRR!!! YARRRR!!!!!

Even though the change hasn’t even been implemented, yet. Absolutely amazing how much energy is wasted on topics like this……lol.

Anyways, imho, your meme wins the thread…..hands down!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: babayum.1895

babayum.1895

really not a fan of these changes… pls reconsider arena net…

Linnael.1069

If these changes go through nothing will change cause we are already quasi immune to all of it so technically speaking it isn’t a buff. As far as I know, you are still afflicted by the condition once your leap is done so your conditions are not useless and will still slow us down. The benefit is we aren’t locked into using 1 trait and a runes set anymore and Anet finally have the ability balance our mobility without breaking it.

You guys keep complaining about counterplay to our mobility but what about counterplay against frost spamming. Melee builds without teleports get completely shut down by these and there is nothing they can do but get kited to death.

Nobody is in this thread to complain about warriors. Melee rangers benefit more, and so will alot of other specs that dont benefit from melandrugrass.

That said, trying to pretend that it isn’t a flat out buff is pathetic. You literally follow up that statement in the very next line with “the benefit is”. Where there are benefits with no costs, that is a buff.

Your last point is closer to the real point of addressing mobility vs. lockdown, but all I can say is that if you honestly believe that chill “spamming” is a thing and nearly as counter-free as disengage spamming, then you may want to reassess your warrior gameplay. Complaining about getting kited by anybody at all is 100% inexcusable these days and there 0 reason positioning should be getting even less important.

Posted by: Nairolf.7024

Nairolf.7024

The worst change of today’s patch… Playing warrior you feel really slow when running around with swiftness using GS 3 ans 5. But it’s so OP once you get chilled or crippled. You’re not even slowed down. It was better before patch.

Please reconsider this change.