Day/Night cycles [Suggestion]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiriyon.8735

Tiriyon.8735

Well since the suggestion forum have been removed I post this here.
I am pretty sure I am not the first or last to propose this and I am aware of the NA and EU timing might be different but…

I strongly believe that Tyria need a proper Day/Night cycles and different clocks for EU and NA.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

What do you mean by proper? Approximately 16 hours of day and 8 of night? Twelve and twelve? What about those that can only play at certain times each day? Must they be forever stuck in day? Or night? What about the weapons or runes or sigils that are Day/Night sensitive? What about time zones across NA or EU?

I think the cycle is fine as it is, though, as same have suggested, it might be nice if it were a bit darker at night.

Edit: Oh, and remember, some NPCs are only active at night, as well as events. Having such long day/night cycles might prevent some players access.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Like Inculpatus says, there’s a very recent thread here concerning day and night, namely having night be more pronounced as well as using the night to add content to the game. Take a look and by all means please feel free to contribute!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Tiriyon.8735

Tiriyon.8735

Well you’re right both of you, umm how about a day/night timer next to minimap? a nice Sun/Moon icon changing as the day time changes… at least making us aware of when’s when

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Well you’re right both of you, umm how about a day/night timer next to minimap? a nice Sun/Moon icon changing as the day time changes… at least making us aware of when’s when

I think the real issue is that we simply can’t really tell when it’s dark because, well, it isn’t dark. The change is so slight that I don’t even notice the cycles anymore.

#TeamJadeQuarry